Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Balanced/Pure) Glitchmons
A national dex AG Metagame.
There are many cases of pokemon that are illegal, but not exactly hacked, Missingno. being a popular example. What if those glitched pokemon were allowed?
Pokemon are allowed to be under the effects of glitches, as long as they follow the rules of the generation that they are from to have the glitch.
Meaning pokemon such as Q in pokemon red and blue (which assumes the form of charizard) will always have the hidden ability for charizard. Moves from previous evolutions will be allowed (this includes moves that normally crash in pokemon yellow which are attacks or status moves in red and blue, more often than not if it has a non-crashing equivalent in a different version, that is the one used by all glitchmon in the OM)
Nonexistent, OHKO Clause, Evasion Move Clause, Forme Clause, Team Preview, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, Sleep Moves Clause, Dynamax Clause, Endless Battle Clause
Nonexistent, Team Preview, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, Dynamax Clause, Endless Battle Clause
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/pet-mods.549/

Spread Move

In this Doubles-based OM, almost any move in the first slot will now target all foes unless those moves already could before. Any attack that hits multiple targets will have its damage reduced by 25% as usual.

Rules:
Doubles OU ruleset

Restricted moves (These moves cannot be placed on the first moveslot):
Any moves that inflict sleep (Spore, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Sing, Yawn)
Fake Out
Transform

Potential bans and threats:
Urshifu Rapid Strike :urshifu: will be the top priority on the watchlist since it's able to unleash powerful Surging Strikes and Close Combat that hits multiple foes while bypassing Protect and Wide Guard through its ability Unseen Fist.
Probably Kyurem Black :kyurem-black:, although Icicle Spear that hits multiple foes doesn't actually sound as appealing as it would have.

Questions to be answered:
Are there any changes that I should make to Spread Moves?
Is there anything that I missed that could potentially be a threat in Spread Moves?

Last edited:
Spread Move

In this Doubles-based OM, almost any move in the first slot will now target all foes unless those moves already could before. Any attack that hits multiple targets will have its damage reduced by 25% as usual.

Rules:
Doubles OU ruleset

Any moves that inflict sleep (Spore, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Sing, Yawn)
Fake Out
Transform

Urshifu Rapid Strike :urshifu: will be the top priority on the watchlist since it's able to unleash powerful Surging Strikes and Close Combat that hits multiple foes while bypassing Protect and Wide Guard through its ability Unseen Fist.
Probably Kyurem Black :kyurem-black:, although Icicle Spear that hits multiple foes doesn't actually sound as appealing as it would have.

Are there any changes that I should make to Spread Moves (?
Is there anything that I missed that could potentially be a threat in Spread Moves?
Toxic and WillOWisp hitting both Mons on the field is really good.

Spread Move

Rules:
Doubles OU ruleset

Fake Out
Transform

Are there any changes that I should make to Spread Moves (?
Toxic and WillOWisp hitting both Mons on the field is really good.
also knock off could be really strong because pokemon really rely on their items so just being able to remove both items on turn one is kind of strong also this metagame looks like azumarill just comes in gets belly drum off by having a partner slightly faster than it with heal pulse and helping hand then aqua jet's every thing out of existence. azumarill definitely has potential to be a huge threat

also knock off could be really strong because pokemon really rely on their items so just being able to remove both items on turn one is kind of strong also this metagame looks like azumarill just comes in gets belly drum off by having a partner slightly faster than it with heal pulse and helping hand then aqua jet's every thing out of existence. azumarill definitely has potential to be a huge threat
Fellow Dark type move Taunt also could be very strong.Completely shuts down status,Protect,setup,etc,on both Mons which can force a switch in certain situations.

Now I don't think Me or cratersmash are saying that Spread Move (Maybe make that a different name) can't work what We are saying is there are a lot more threatening moves that should be restricted to just being how they work normally

2 ideas
1. Chess mons
People always complain about the luck factor so what if it was removed?
Im this meta
Players take turns making moves (leads are still sent out at the start of the battle)
All moves are 100% accurate
All secondary effects are removed

2. capture the flag
I wanted to make a capture the flag game, something where taking opponents pokemon is helpful but not the main objective.

my idea is about hazard control
First team to get up stealth rocks wins, it will become an all out battle to get hazards up first
Questions
Would it be better if it was 2 hazard layers?
Would magic bounce be broken?

for a capture the flag game mode it should be getting all hazards up by one stage so only one spike/toxic spike besides ones where they need a specific mon to set up I.E. Gmax steelsurge requires copperajah to set up. also maybe have it so hazards don't do anything (Optional) and make it so every mon has a like three turn revive or something so that way a person doesn't just lose to someone who has a bunch of breakers with like 1-2 mons with hazards. these are just ideas to make the game actually fun and interesting. some things that seem really good are mold breaker, ngas, magic bounce, and rapid spin as really good things to run for teambuilding. defog also seems fine but not nearly as good because it kills all your progress as well as their progress. these are just some Ideas to actually make your idea fun to play since this game is just about setting up hazards before your opponent can which is generally not a fun thing to play with just all the hazards

Reducing the game to simply "get up a hazard = win" sounds like it could be a cool way to compress the game down to a fast paced lead metagame. Fast taunt, Mental Herb, Skill Swap to bypass Magic Bounce, battles would probably last only a few turns but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Reducing the game to simply "get up a hazard = win" sounds like it could be a cool way to compress the game down to a fast paced lead metagame. Fast taunt, Mental Herb, Skill Swap to bypass Magic Bounce, battles would probably last only a few turns but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
That could also work either one could make an interesting gamemode.
also what happens if both players got the win con on the same turn does the game end and they both lose, does it go to sudden death is it whoever has more layers of hazards wins what happens

That could also work either one could make an interesting gamemode.
also what happens if both players got the win con on the same turn does the game end and they both lose, does it go to sudden death is it whoever has more layers of hazards wins what happens
Thats the thing Ive been think about, 1 hazard just seems super easy but maybe go for the quick game
All hazards seems a bit long in my opinion, considering that is tough to do and you may be better off just going for killing all their mons.
Maybe 2 dif hazards?
I feel like just 1 layer of hazards or just stealth rocks would keep the game simple though and kinda has a ring to it.

:ss/klefki:
Will probably be the most dominant Pokemon in the meta. As the only Prankster hazard setter, it can only be stopped by faster Prankster Taunts or Magic Coat.

:ss/azelf:
The classic Lord of Leads, Azelf has probably the best movepool in this meta. It's the fastest Pokemon with Magic Coat that can also set hazards directly, and it also has Taunt as an alternative for blocking hazards and Skill Swap to get past Magic Bounce.

:ss/accelgor:
The second fastest hazard setter after Klefki.

:ss/aerodactyl:
A little slower than Accelgor, but still damn fast, and also has Taunt.

:ss/ribombee:
Another damn fast hazard setter, this time with Skill Swap and a few useful abilities in Sweet Veil and Shield Dust which can shut down miscellaneous methods of disruption.

:ss/dugtrio:
I'm not sure what you want to do with trapping, as this meta is radically different from any other. If it's unbanned, Dugtrio can prevent the opponent from switching to a Magic Bounce user.

:ss/excadrill:
Can bypass Magic Bounce with Mold Breaker.

:ss/mamoswine:
Immune to Taunt thanks to Oblivious.

:ss/xatu:
Probably the best Magic Bounce user, due to its combined access to Magic Coat to deal with Magic Bounce counterplay, Trick Room to disrupt fast setters like Accelgor, and Teleport to pivot out into your own setters.

Another potential spin you could put on the meta is to have it work by tennis rules, where you only win if, when the turn ends, your opponent has hazards on their side and you don't. This lessens the importance on speed (since going second is no longer a death sentence) and also introduces Defog and Rapid Spin into the equation.

Adding to the meta I was thinking, what if each team was only allowed 1 rocker? That could make things extra interesting as the other 5 will suddenly be more designed to block rocks

Adding to the meta I was thinking, what if each team was only allowed 1 rocker? That could make things extra interesting as the other 5 will suddenly be more designed to block rocks
Eh, I doubt it. There are only so many ways to block rocks. The more drastic implication would be that if the player's one and only rocker gets knocked out, then they're pretty much fucked.

that seems like an interesting idea but then what if both players got their hazard setter's killed then what. do they draw, does the game continue until they kill all the opponents mons like what happens does it just become a normal game? if it becomes a single setter per player we should have something set for when both setters die
edit: here i basically said the same thing three different times which was kind of unnecessary but oh well it hopefully got the point acrost that if it gets restricted to one setter per team we have to have something for in case both setters die

that seems like an interesting idea but then what if both players got their hazard setter's killed then what. do they draw, does the game continue until they kill all the opponents mons like what happens does it just become a normal game? if it becomes a single setter per player we should have something set for when both setters die
edit: here i basically said the same thing three different times which was kind of unnecessary but oh well it hopefully got the point acrost that if it gets restricted to one setter per team we have to have something for in case both setters die
I think if both faint it’s turn into a normal battle. You can win by either getting rocks up or killing your opponent, just thought maybe this would add more strategy to the game but idk. Just an idea

I think it would be worth testing tho, maybe a discord should be made

Benefits of both.

no limit on rockers = more open strategy to do whatever you want
Con is it can be much more prediction based and a lot of coin tosses (50/50s)

limit rockers = team structure
Rockers
Rock blockers
Rock block breakers

those are essentially the three categories of moms that would appear in the meta

Cons are less diversity with rockers as you have to pick which one would be the best one for your team

really the only con that i see with only one rocker really is the fact that, if there is only one rocker, it would almost always be a klefki, with prankster spikes being really good. but on the topic of klefki if this were to become a OM then klefki actually seem like a candidate that might be banned very quickly since the entire meta would revolve around how to counter the magical keys

Back to 1996
257l4m2p98j21.png

Metagame premise:
This will be a National Dex OU based meta, but with several mechanics from Gen 1 (RBY):
  • The Gen 1 type chart;
  • No Fairy, Dark or Steel types. Pokémon that have these types will either lose that typing (Ferrothorn would be a pure Grass type, Aegislash will be a pure Ghost, Umbreon would be a Normal type etc.) or a type from their pre-evolution (Tyranitar would be Rock/Ground)
  • All Pokémon lose their SpA and SpD in exchange for a Special Stat. That stat would be given to a Pokémon under some rules
Evolutions from Gen 1 Pokémon's Special will depend on how the Pre-Evolution's Special got split in Gen 2 (for example Onix had a base special of 30, wich became its SpA, so Steelix would have a Special of 55, its base SpA stat), Else it has a Special equal either to its SpA or SpD depending from wich its higher (for Example Lucario would have a 115 base Special stat);
  • Abilities, Natures, Held Items, Genders, Shiny Pokémon, Mega Evolution, Z-moves and Dynamax are removed. EVs will work like they did in Gen 1.
In addition to this, there will be also be some important quirks:
  • There will be no Physical/Special split for moves. Their category will depend on their typing, like it was prior to Gen 4 (For example Focus Blast would be Physical and Psychic Fangs would be Special)
  • All moves work like they did in their respective debut generations;
Moves that boosts or drops either SpA and/or SpD boost or drop Special instead (Nasty Plot would boost Special by two stages, Shadow Ball would have a chance of droping the target's Special by one stage, etc.) | Return and Fustration always have 102 power due of the lack of friendship in Gen 1 | All the damaging moves that affect Abilities, Held Items and/or Dynamax lose their secondary effects regairding those | All status moves that only affect Abilities, Held Items and/or Genders are removed; | Dark, Steel and Fairy type moves will have their type changed to either Normal or the type they were prior to Gens 2 and 6, respectively | All moves that need a Recharging turn after use will work like Hyper Beam did;
  • Critical hits and all Status Conditions (volatile and non-volatile) work like they did in their respective debut generations;
  • All Pokémon have the same moves that they can have in the National Dex format (meaning the Gen 8 moves, plus the moves not in SwSh and/or BDSP), with no legality issues;
  • There is no team preview.
Potential rules:
National Dex OU, plus Invulnerability Clause and Freeze Clause.

Blissey now has a 135 Special stat, meaning it will not only wall almost anything, but it also hit very hard on return;

Psychic types will be still very threatining due to the lack of Dark types and immunity to Ghost. However, since Bug types are actually viable now, Psychics can now be countered more easily;

Due to lack of Fairy and Steel types, Dragon types can now mercilessly spam their STAB moves. With Goodra, the Lati@-Twins and Kyurem being the main examples due of their high Special;

In a similar fashion, Ghost types now have a drawbackless Poltergeist, plus all the other STAB moves, that only Normal types can stop. Golurk, Dusknoir and even the Fighting Marshadow can potentially have a quite good time because of this;

Blizzard Spamming and/or Ice types will be comming back as strongly as ever, especially with new threats like Regice, Glastrier, Kyurem, Mamoswine and even Weavile and the need to calm Dragons down. Although Stealth Rock cripples them quite a bit;

Normal types have a good chance of posing a threat due to Fighting type Pokémon and moves likely being far rarer thanks to poweful Psychic types and their Bug checks. Regigigas and Slaking in particular don't have their crippling abilities anymore, meaning they are at full power. However these normal types have to be prepared for Ghosts;

Archeops will also lose its crippling ability, making a potentially terrifying sweeper;

Regieleki has acess to Thunder Cage, wich is a binding move that does damage and it is 90% accuracy. Cobine that with unmached speed and a decent 100 special and you have a mon capaple of being banned almost instantly. Heatran also has a damaging binding move (Magma Storm), but it is not as fast and will lose its Steel typing;
Example sets:
Blissey
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt/ Stealth Rock

Blissey packs Chansey's RBY set, now with more damaging potential and Stealth Rock.

Marshadow
- Poltergeist/Spectral Thief
- Superpower/Brick Break/Close Combat
- Skitter Smack
- Bulk Up/Ice Punch/Outrage

Marshadow may thrive as a great Normal-type counter. Skitter Smack deals with pesky Psychics.

Kyurem
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Outrage/Scale Shot
- Focus Blast

Both White and Black Kyurem will be banned. Regular Kyurem may have a great chance of also being banned due of its fantastic typing and enourmous special.

Archeops
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics/Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Has a lot of potential thanks to gargantuan Attack, plus great Special and Speed. Outrage will be also a great option.
Questions for the community:
How should I address Pokemon that change form in the middle of a battle and/or need a specific item and or ability to change forms?

If there is something that I may be missing, just let me know please!

Last edited:
One very minor nitpick, but I believe screens halve damage taken as opposed to doubling the respective defensive stat. Light Screen isn't a team-wide Nasty Plot/Amnesia.

One very minor nitpick, but I believe screens halve damage taken as opposed to doubling the respective defensive stat. Light Screen isn't a team-wide Nasty Plot/Amnesia.
Actually I'm wrong for a difrent reason. In gen I, when Light Screen debuted, it doubled the user's Special when the opponent damages the user with a special move. My bad \_(ツ)_/

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Pokémon that have these types will either have a completely new type (Umbreon would be a Ghost type, Ferrothorn would be a pure Grass type, Aegislash will be a Fighting/Ghost, etc.) or a type from their pre-evolution (Tyranitar would be Rock/Ground)
All Pokémon have the same moves that they can have in the National Dex format
Dark, Steel and Fairy type moves will have their type changed
These are non-objective changes that veer into pet mod territory. In order for this to work as an OM, you would need to have objective, uniform ways of handling these changes.

Team Players

Premise: Pokemon can have a maximum of 6 moves by gaining their adjacent party members' fourth or first move.
  • Party Member 1 gains Party Member 2's move in slot 1.
  • Party Member 2 gains Party Member 1's 4th move and Party Member 3's first move.
  • This goes on for every Member. Party Member's 2-4 have a maximum of 6 moves. Party Members 1 & 6 do not have a Party Members both above and below them, so they can only have a max of 5 moves.
  • These are done automatically-- you don't have to go into import/export to execute these changes
Something like this:
https://pokepast.es/d342f0e09f03e217
would become this

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover
- Volt Switch

Bans Restriction and Threats: While testing this out with some friends, we only came up with one. Not because it's the only threatening thing, but because it's so horrible to play against that it made testing out anything else near impossible.
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Spirit Shackle
- Spore

Spore was very hard to counter, and Dragapult was the ideal set up sweeper with it. Its immaculate speed, access to Dragon Dance, ability to Spore through a Substitute (no pun intended) and synergy with it's partners (Amoongus gets U-Turn, Decidueye gets Dragon Dance) all made it just the worst.
Other than that I can't identify anything that should be immediately restricted.

Questions for the Community: Should slot 1 and 6 share with each other? Is this metagame too hard to teambuild for? What are some other threatening sets or teams?

Last edited:
Team Players

Premise: Pokemon can have a maximum of 6 moves by gaining their adjacent party members' fourth or first move.
  • Party Member 1 gains Party Member 2's move in slot 1.
  • Party Member 2 gains Party Member 1's 4th move and Party Member 3's first move.
  • This goes on for every Member. Party Member's 2-4 have a maximum of 6 moves. Party Members 1 & 6 do not have a Party Members both above and below them, so they can only have a max of 5 moves.
  • These are done automatically-- you don't have to go into import/export to execute these changes
Something like this:
https://pokepast.es/d342f0e09f03e217
would become this

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Moonblast
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover
- Volt Switch

Bans Restriction and Threats: While testing this out with some friends, we only came up with one. Not because it's the only threatening thing, but because it's so horrible to play against that it made testing out anything else near impossible.
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Spirit Shackle
- Spore

Spore was very hard to counter, and Dragapult was the ideal set up sweeper with it. Its immaculate speed, access to Dragon Dance, ability to Spore through a Substitute (no pun intended) and synergy with it's partners (Amoongus gets U-Turn, Decidueye gets Dragon Dance) all made it just the worst.
Other than that I can't identify anything that should be immediately restricted.

Questions for the Community: Should slot 1 and 6 share with each other? Is this metagame too hard to teambuild for? What are some other threatening sets or teams?
Shouldn’t slot 1 and 6 gain the moves from each other because wrap-around physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)