Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abilimoves
Premise: abilities can be used as moves. It will give the user the ability for 3 turns in addition of its own ability. Every pokemon can gain every ability this way. For example, a strong jaw dragapult using "speed boost" will have speed boost AND strong jaw for 3 turns. Abilities are considered as status moves.
Bans: OU clauses, shedinja
Following abilities can't be used as moves:
-All abilities involving a form change
-Wonder guard
Questions for community: Is 3 turns long enough? Did I miss some things that should be banned?
There was a variation of this idea floating around the workshop last gen that I really liked: instead of being status moves that grant temporary access to the ability, they just act like normal abilities. I'm pretty sure there was also an ability clause that prevented you from using a particular abilimove more than once. I'll go digging through the previous thread to find it later, unless someone else does it first.

Abilimoves
Premise: abilities can be used as moves. It will give the user the ability for 3 turns in addition of its own ability. Every pokemon can gain every ability this way. For example, a strong jaw dragapult using "speed boost" will have speed boost AND strong jaw for 3 turns. Abilities are considered as status moves.
Bans: OU clauses, shedinja
Following abilities can't be used as moves:
-All abilities involving a form change
-Wonder guard
Questions for community: Is 3 turns long enough? Did I miss some things that should be banned?
Usually the effect of status moves are better than most abilities in the game. Just compare huge power, one of the most broken abilities of the game with swords dance and you will realize. I think the idea is cool though

Usually the effect of status moves are better than most abilities in the game. Just compare huge power, one of the most broken abilities of the game with swords dance and you will realize. I think the idea is cool though
Since every pokemon can use huge power, it's still useful.

Since every pokemon can use huge power, it's still useful.
But if an ability so powerful like Huge power is just comparable to an alredy existing move that many pokemon have, what is left to most balanced abilities like guts or swift swim (compared with speed boost)?

Either way, this metagame open other cool options like Magic Bounce, Shadow Tag (trapping does last even after Koing a foe so it is better than partial trapping in some sense), Speed Boost or Contrary, but i am afraid that it might be way to centralized in 4 or 5 abilities. I would allow abilities to last 5 turns though, it shoudnt be crazy since Wonder guard is banned and you have to lost a turn to gain an ability

Genesismons
Metagame Premise:

Every Pokemon has the same movepools, stats, and mechanics as the generation they were released in. For example, Tauros wouldn't be able to hold an item, have an ability, or have the new moves it gets, but it would have the high crit chance, 1/256 chance to miss, and other gen 1 mechanics.
Notes:
Gen 1 Pokemon have their special defense and special attack the same.
Gen 3+ Pokemon only get the abilities they had in their gen.
Older gen Pokemon don't get access to any new items.

Potential bans and threats:

Hippowdon + Sand Rush
It gives Excadrill double the speed forever, unless other weather gets set up, which is only capable by Mega Charizard-Y, and hail setters such as Abomasnow, Alolan Ninetales, Vanilluxe, and Aurorus. With Swords Dance, this could sweep through many teams with ease.

Mega Slowbro
Once you've used amnesia enough times, you can mega evolve your Slowbro and be extremely hard to break, as you have +2-6 in both your special attack and special defense. Though you do have to rely on Rest, it would still be very threatening.

Gen 1 freeze, Wrap, Clamp, Fire Spin, Bind, and Whirlpool
This should explain itself.

Potential Bans:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: none
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Psychic
- Rest
- Amnesia

A Few Threats:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
It can stop Slowbro from setup, damage threats like Landorus-T for 4x effectiveness, and can also setup Spikes, which are amazing in this metagame, because you either have to Rapid Spin or use a Defogger from Generations 6+, because in Generation 5 and below, defog didn't remove hazards.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Scarf Lando-T will always be a threat. It can give momentum to your team with U-Turn, and deal heavy damage to uninvested Pokemon.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
Arguably one of the best hazard setters available, and the fact that hazards are so good, Ferrothorn is extremely hard to deal with.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
Barely any Pokemon can defog reliably, but Corviknight is one of them. Its defensive stats are great, it has U-Turn, reliable recovery, and a strong STAB attack.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Probably the best Pokemon in USUM OU, Magearna can snowball out of control against many teams.

Questions for the community:
How should I address mega Pokemon?

Last edited:
Virus Typing

Not a good moment for a virus related metagame, but it is a concept that hasnt been explored too much. The idea of a virus related metagame is to choose some kind of event that would happen to some/every pokemon after certain condition is triggered. In this case, the typing

Metagame premise: After an attack knocks out a pokemon for the first time in a battle, every pokemon's secondary typing will change to match the type of that attack for the rest of the battle.

Just to clarify:

• The effect applies only for the first attack that makes a KO. Thus, if an earthquake makes a KO, then every pokemon's secondary typing will be changed to Ground, afterwards if Surf makes a KO, the secondary typing will still be ground, only the first KO matters for the type change.
  • If a pokemon faints for indirect damage or for an effect that doesnt involve an attack, then the metagame's effect wont trigger, since it only triggers when an attack manages to Ko a pokemon for the first time.
  • If the attack that makes a Ko is typless (like Struggle), then every pokemon secondary typing will be removed.
  • The attack's type is modified by galvanize/aerilate/refrigerate/pixilate or by other effect, then the typing will be the final type of the attack (electric/flying/ice/fairy respectively)
  • A pokemon may lose their secondary typing if it adquires as secondary typing its primary typing. For example if Tyranitar gets the first Ko with rock slide, then it will turn into a pure rock type
Banlist: SS OU banlist and clauses
Possible bans (they will be watched out): Dugtrio and Shedinja

Threats:

Shedinja can change its secondary typing to steel for example and became a pretty annoying pokemon to deal with. Also, you can send out sheinja to be ko'ed by a rock/fire attack so that you can transform every pokemon's secondary typing to rock or fire and then sweep with surf, waterfall or earthquake

Earthquake users are pretty strong since there are pretty low pokemon with primary typing flying, so you can land strong neutral stab earthquakes after changing everyones typing to ground, or super effective earthquakes after changing everyones typing to something weak to ground.

Shadow Ball and Outrage/dragon pulse are moves that are suer effective against their own typing, so you can get a quick ko with them and then proceed to sweep with a super effective move. Normal and Fairies as primary typing can be used to counter this strategy. In case you use dragon attacks, you may use pokemon like gyarados so that you are not weak vs fairies from the start, and against fairies, try to get a ko with a steel or poison type so that you can ko any fairy with earthquake (and if you get a ko with a steel attack, get a bug/steel shedinja)

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Standard Shedinja, that can work if the secondary typing is steel or ghost

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

A Flare Blitz Ko will make every pokemon weak to earthquake, an earthquake Ko will give zard stab on earthquake and a Fire/ground typing and an outrage Ko will make most pokemon in the opposing side weak to outrage, a good tool against non fairy teams, and also make charizard a fire/dragon like its Mega. Another nice feat of charizard is its ability to check shedija with Fire moves.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Good staple for dragon based teams. You can use him to get the first Ko too, but it is difficult since it doesnt have water stabs.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry

Snow warning let it one shoot non ice shedinja, but being 4 times weak to steel doesnt help too much.

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird

The idea of this pokemon is to get a quick Ko with scrappy Final Gambit (deals 328 damage), and ruin your opponent's plans of changing the secondary tpying of every pokemon to something specific. You can combine this mon with psychic types that will take advantage of the secondary fighting type to wreck havoc with their stabs: Focus Blast for dark and steel tpyes and psychic for everything else! Naturally, the idea of getting a quick KO to disrupt plans can be used with almost any attack, as long as your team can apapt to the tpye you are chaning to.

Questions:

1) Do you find this fun?
2) What else could be broken or is worthy for being watched out?
3) Each battle might be divided in 2 stages: the pre first Ko stage and the post first Ko stage, where everyone pokemon will have the same secondary type and the battle will degenerate a bit. In order to make this a bit funnier, i thought on making the battles 3v3, so both stages have similar durations, and so that the first Ko doesnt seem like a super snowball effect. Also, a 3v3 format might weaken stall, that doesnt involve in getting Ko's with attacks too much, which is the concept of the metagame. Do you agree that this format will be good? Which other format could be used for this metagame?

If the first KO of the match comes as a result of (for example) KOing yourself from Flare Blitz recoil, does that cause the rule to kick in on Fire type, or remain an open question? What about self-KO methods that aren't tied to a move's own intrinsic recoil, like Life Orb or Rocky Helmet?

If the first KO of the match comes as a result of (for example) KOing yourself from Flare Blitz recoil, does that cause the rule to kick in on Fire type, or remain an open question? What about self-KO methods that aren't tied to a move's own intrinsic recoil, like Life Orb or Rocky Helmet?
In any case, the answer is no. Recoil damage shoudnt trigger the rule, neither should stuff like Life Orb or a Pokemon blowing themselves with explosion.
What i am uncertain is about moves like doom desire and foresight, since they trigger later.

This got a bit of traction last gen but got rejected cause we had too many type based metas, but now with the removal of hidden type ill try this again.

Here it goes!

Plate Shuffle!

Have you ever wanted to use a mon that had decent defensive stats but couldn't pull it off due to bad typing? Wanted to use ur favourite offensive mon but had it suffer from a terrible movepool? Well all these problems disappear when you play Plate Shuffle!

Metagame premise: An OU based meta game where a pokemons secondary typing changes to the memory typing the pokemon is holding, while also getting access to only one move of that type, and you can change the pokemons primary type by turning it shiny!

Example:

Arcanine @ Ground Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Earth Power / Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

By holding a ground memory, arcanine now gets an additional ground typing with access to earthquake, it now can work as a great intimidator that's neutral to rocks and ice

This also works for offensive threats obviously! Mons can now get better coverage and typing with good plate typings a such as ground/fire/fighting and ghost plates

Your pokemon may prefer an item but dont forget you have an a new move and typing to make up for it

Gengar @ Fighting Memory
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Will-o-Wisp / Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Jirachi @ Fairy Memory
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Moonlight
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock / Play Rough / U-Turn

Stunfisk @ Flying Memory
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Dubwool @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Bulletproof
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Body Press
- Spectral Thief
- Rest

Hydreigon @ Poison Memory
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Vikavolt @ Fire Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball / Volt Switch
- Roost

Dhelmise @ Steel Memory
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off / Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance
- Synthesis

FAQ
Can my plate get knock off-ed or tricked?
No it cant as it ruins point of the meta lol. Goodbye knock off spam

Do memories give 1.2x boost similarly to plates?
No, afaik its still the same as last gen

How do i know my opponents typing? Unfair if i hjk a hydreigon and turns out hes immune
No worries, it should work like MnM and Camomons where changed typings are shown

Moves
: WIP (probably similar to stabmons list)
Pokemon: other than obvious shedinja and dugtrio, I'm not sure yet as holding an item acts a limitation to some mons being too overbearing

Questions for the community(or mods?):
  • Does this meta sound fun?
  • Should i make the memories switch the pokemons primary typing if shiny or should i keep it as it is
  • Is one new move enough? Or do pokemon need two?
  • Will the plate requirement hurt the meta overall? Alot of pokemon would prefer items such as heavy duty boots or lefties so how do we fix this? Do we even need to? Or does the extra type + move benefit make up for it
So if u have any critisicm, feedback, questions feel free to comment. Thanks for reading!

This got a bit of traction last gen but got rejected cause we had too many type based metas, but now with the removal of hidden type ill try this again.

Here it goes!

Plate Shuffle!

Have you ever wanted to use a mon that had decent defensive stats but couldn't pull it off due to bad typing? Wanted to use ur favourite offensive mon but had it suffer from a terrible movepool? Well all these problems disappear when you play Plate Shuffle!

Metagame premise: An OU based meta game where a pokemons secondary typing changes to the memory typing the pokemon is holding, while also getting access to only one move of that type, and you can change the pokemons primary type by turning it shiny!

Example:

Arcanine @ Ground Memory
Bold Nature
- Earth Power / Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

By holding a ground memory, arcanine now gets an additional ground typing with access to earthquake, it now can work as a great intimidator that's neutral to rocks and ice

This also works for offensive threats obviously! Mons can now get better coverage and typing with good plate typings a such as ground/fire/fighting and ghost plates

Your pokemon may prefer an item but dont forget you have an a new move and typing to make up for it

Gengar @ Fighting Memory
Adamant Nature
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Jirachi @ Fairy Memory
Careful Nature
- Moonlight
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Stunfisk @ Flying Memory
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Dubwool @ Ghost Memory
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Body Press
- Spectral Thief
- Rest

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Vikavolt @ Fire Memory
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Dhelmise @ Steel Memory
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Synthesis

FAQ

How do i know my opponents typing? Unfair if i hjk a hydreigon and turns out hes immune
No worries, it should work like MnM and Camomons where changed typings are shown

Moves
Pokemon: other than obvious shedinja and dugtrio, I'm not sure yet as holding an item acts a limitation to some mons being too overbearing

• Should i make the memories switch the pokemons primary typing if shiny or should i keep it as it is
  • Will the plate requirement hurt the meta overall? Alot of pokemon would prefer items such as heavy duty boots or lefties so how do we fix this? Do we even need to? Or does the extra type + move benefit make up for it
So if u have any critisicm, feedback, questions feel free to comment. Thanks for reading!
I like it. I would remove the added move though as without it you can have niche options on more underrated mons. You can boost the power of the memory type moves by 30% in compensation so that you encourage the use of the memory a bit more. That way, you can have fire/ground charizard (earthquake), or fire/fairy (play rough), fire/dragon (outrage) Arcanine. Each pokemon giving its own niches (Arcanine itself can be made as a reskin of old heatran with a steel typing lol)

You can argue that the new move will make it enough different from camomons though. And there are more options defensively too

ALSO, if you want to get rid of the memory mechanic you can just let the pokemon sketch one move and then adjust the typing to match the moves type. This might sound like a mix of camomons and sketchoms but i guess it is fine.

Haunter @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Disable
- Pain Split

This is ghost/steel eviolite Haunter with Levitate (it doesnt use memory). Pretty annoying to deal with since you can disable the move super effective against it and then pain split to heal

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Taunt
- Haze

The new weavile. Ice/dark with priority Haze and Stab ice punch

Here it goes!

Plate Shuffle!

Example:

Arcanine @ Ground Memory
Bold Nature
- Earth Power / Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Gengar @ Fighting Memory
Adamant Nature
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Jirachi @ Fairy Memory
Careful Nature
- Moonlight
- Iron Head
- Body Slam

Stunfisk @ Flying Memory
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Dubwool @ Ghost Memory
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Body Press
- Spectral Thief
- Rest

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Vikavolt @ Fire Memory
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Dhelmise @ Steel Memory
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Synthesis

FAQ

Moves

This looks like a cool meta. I think 2 moves would also work but 1 is fine. For the memory mechanic a way it can be replaced is with nicknames, if possible, and then if it's shiny or not will determine if the added type (nickname) is its primary or secondary type.

I like it. I would remove the added move though as without it you can have niche options on more underrated mons. You can boost the power of the memory type moves by 30% in compensation so that you encourage the use of the memory a bit more. That way, you can have fire/ground charizard (earthquake), or fire/fairy (play rough), fire/dragon (outrage) Arcanine. Each pokemon giving its own niches (Arcanine itself can be made as a reskin of old heatran with a steel typing lol)

You can argue that the new move will make it enough different from camomons though. And there are more options defensively too

ALSO, if you want to get rid of the memory mechanic you can just let the pokemon sketch one move and then adjust the typing to match the moves type. This might sound like a mix of camomons and sketchoms but i guess it is fine.

Haunter @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Disable
- Pain Split

This is ghost/steel eviolite Haunter with Levitate (it doesnt use memory). Pretty annoying to deal with since you can disable the move super effective against it and then pain split to heal

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Taunt
- Haze

The new weavile. Ice/dark with priority Haze and Stab ice punch
Unfortunately i cant boost memory type moves by 30% as it "enters pet mod territory"

The adjusting pokemons typing based on new move sounds interesting, sounds a lil too close to sketchmons but ill try pitching it
This looks like a cool meta. I think 2 moves would also work but 1 is fine. For the memory mechanic a way it can be replaced is with nicknames, if possible, and then if it's shiny or not will determine if the added type (nickname) is its primary or secondary type.
Nicknames based OMs arent allowed iirc, ill double check, if not it sounds like a great idea! Would probably would need to default hide the nickname otherwise its weird lol

With the sketching method it could lead to absurd things. It's basically sketchmon but the new move is stab.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
One Moveslot Syndrome / OMSS

Metagame premise
: All Pokemon can only use 1 move.

Bans: Marshadow, Kyurem Black, Heavy Duty Boots, Spikes, Regenerator, Choice Band, Choice Specs, Arena Trap

Unbans: Aegislash, Dynamax

Big Threats:
Tier 1: Kommo-o (Kommo-o is currently the strongest Pokemon in the meta, due to its strong typing, high bulk, and access to STAB Body Press, which has 16 PP. These traits in addition to Kommo-o's resistance to Stealth Rock allows it to be both a powerful defensive and offensive presence), Tyranitar (Tyranitar has been the metagame's premier stealth rocker since early gen7, as its access to Sand Stream allows it to be one of the best special walls in the meta, as well as deal significant chip damage to foes such as Kommo-o, Weezing-G, and Obstagoon), Dracovish (Even though Water absorb users and kommo-o are prevalent, it can be hard to switch in on a Fishious Rend), Obstagoon (Guts boosted Knock Offs can even threaten Pokemon such as Protective Pads Kommo-o and Eject Pack Sirfetch'd), Copperajah (G-Max) (As Defog and Rapid Spin tend to not be very common, G-Max's access to it's unique entry hazard can give it immense presence), Corviknight (Pressure is an incredible tool in this meta, and access to Body Press, Iron Head, Roost, and Spite can allow it to be a very versatile defensive Pokemon)
Tier 2: Weezing-Galar, Sirfetch'd, Jirachi, Gengar (G-Max)
Tier 3: Jellicent, Seismitoad

- How does a typical battle end up playing out?
This meta revolves heavily around teambuilding, as all 6-7 people we had working on this meta last gen were 1v1 mains. The battles typically revolve around dealing chip damage to the opponent's win conditions such as Kommo-o, Obstagoon, and Corviknight. Bulk is the name of the game in this meta, and strategies such as Protective Pads, Copperajah's Steel Spike, Stealth Rocks, and Rocky Helmet are common. Another big facet of the tier is using lure sets. Coming up with creative sets has been a staple of OMSS since generation 7, for example, bringing a Groundium Mud Slap Pidgeot to lure in Heatran.

- Isn't the metagame too 1-deminsional?
No The Immortal, it isn't. The Metagame revolves around making smart plays based on predicting your opponent to gain momentum. Battles can switch who has momentum many times throughout a game based on who makes the smarter prediction.

- You keep talking about generation 7, how long have you been working on this?
This metagame has been around for around 2 years now. We've had a diligent team of shitposters wasting out lives away discovering tech, optimizing EVs to absurd degrees, and developing momentum patterns to optimize play.

Last edited:
But this is also true for standard. What makes this an important point?
You can easily wall most mons by just switching out, cause you just need to be immune/heavily resist 1 move. Therefore there will be a lot of double switches and mindgames.

One Moveslot Syndrome / OMSS

Metagame premise
: All Pokemon can only use 1 move.

Bans: Marshadow, Kyurem Black, Heavy Duty Boots, Spikes, Regenerator, Choice Band, Choice Specs

Unbans: Aegislash, Dynamax

Big Threats:
Tier 1: Kommo-o (Kommo-o is currently the strongest Pokemon in the meta, due to its strong typing, high bulk, and access to STAB Body Press, which has 16 PP. These traits in addition to Kommo-o's resistance to Stealth Rock allows it to be both a powerful defensive and offensive presence), Tyranitar (Tyranitar has been the metagame's premier stealth rocker since early gen7, as its access to Sand Stream allows it to be one of the best special walls in the meta, as well as deal significant chip damage to foes such as Kommo-o, Weezing-G, and Obstagoon), Dracovish (Even though Water absorb users and kommo-o are prevalent, it can be hard to switch in on a Fishious Rend), Obstagoon (Guts boosted Knock Offs can even threaten Pokemon such as Protective Pads Kommo-o and Eject Pack Sirfetch'd), Copperajah (G-Max) (As Defog and Rapid Spin tend to not be very common, G-Max's access to it's unique entry hazard can give it immense presence), Corviknight (Pressure is an incredible tool in this meta, and access to Body Press, Iron Head, Roost, and Spite can allow it to be a very versatile defensive Pokemon)
Tier 2: Weezing-Galar, Sirfetch'd, Jirachi, Gengar (G-Max)
Tier 3: Jellicent, Seismitoad

- How does a typical battle end up playing out?
This meta revolves heavily around teambuilding, as all 6-7 people we had working on this meta last gen were 1v1 mains. The battles typically revolve around dealing chip damage to the opponent's win conditions such as Kommo-o, Obstagoon, and Corviknight. Bulk is the name of the game in this meta, and strategies such as Protective Pads, Copperajah's Steel Spike, Stealth Rocks, and Rocky Helmet are common. Another big facet of the tier is using lure sets. Coming up with creative sets has been a staple of OMSS since generation 7, for example, bringing a Groundium Mud Slap Pidgeot to lure in Heatran.

- Isn't the metagame too 1-deminsional?
No The Immortal, it isn't. The Metagame revolves around making smart plays based on predicting your opponent to gain momentum. Battles can switch who has momentum many times throughout a game based on who makes the smarter prediction.

- You keep talking about generation 7, how long have you been working on this?
This metagame has been around for around 2 years now. We've had a diligent team of shitposters wasting out lives away discovering tech, optimizing EVs to absurd degrees, and developing momentum patterns to optimize play.
Looks interesting! Though most people wont find it attractive at all, which is a problem since that means that the metagame wont make it to the metagame's month.

I will make some sets

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay/ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil/ Blizzard/Freeze Dry

Chip hail damage + veil.

Trevenant @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Harvest
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed

I dont know if this is good, but on a sun team this might be hard to KO (Pinch restore berries are nerfed to 33% in gen 8). Note that switching into a grass mon will give you momentum with fire boosted attacks on sun

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet/ Choice scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- U-turn

You can get a lot of hazzard control with this. Maybe worthwile if you plan on adding shedinja to your team (with safety googles). Maybe minimize speed is better, but maximize if scarf.

Also, i think Arena trap isnt banned yet in gen 8, you would have to include it to the banlist definetevely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)