Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right for items. For moves, i don't see how to let player choose as getting moves from only one mon isn't the idea. For base stats, you misunderstood. In your example, you would get 100 hp/def/spD/spA base stats (unless the other mon has higher than 100 bs in one of those stats) and the high attack/speed from the other mon.
It should be possible to validate that each pair of mons has a total of at most 4 moves between them. If that's not possible, it certainly should be possible to check that each individual mon has at most 2 moves (thus giving 4 moves to the fusion).
If that's how you're handling base stats, most people will probably end up fusing defensive mons with offensive mons, resulting in every mon having high stats all around; I'm not sure if that's ideal. Maybe average the stats of the two mons?

A few people have pitched the idea of "what if you swapped Pokemon with your opponent" here in the workshop, and every time I give the same feedback. I have no idea if those people have gone on to actually submit this take on the idea, so before I do it myself, there's one kink I want to iron out.

Red Rover

The common pitfall that ideas like this fall into is that unloading a bunch of Magikarp-tier garbage onto your opponent as they do the same is neither fun nor interesting, but it is the optimal way to play most permutations of this idea. I seek to get around that idea by putting the opponent in control of what Pokemon you give them. This delivers a hard nerf to the "dump garbage onto your opponent" strategy, and opens up new ones.

If a player wishes to use the garbage strategy, there are now several roadblocks that make it significantly harder. First, because the opponent must pick the Pokemon themselves, the garbage Pokemon must appear enticing. This means that even if the sets are bad, the Pokemon themselves are still decent. Second, and more importantly, because the opponent is in control of what Pokemon they receive, the garbage strategy is unreliable. If your opponent doesn't pick that Volcarona with Sleep Talk, Rage Powder, Snore, and Harden, you're stuck with an awful Volcarona for the rest of the game. That isn't to say that variations of the garbage strat are without merit. For example, you might put your best sets on Pokemon that appear at a glance to be subpar, or you might use sets that are good but still suboptimal. Which brings me to the strategy I think will end up dominating the meta.

Anyone who is remotely familiar with Balanced Hackmons will know the term "imposter-proofing". Because Imposter is an ever-present threat, measures must be taken to ensure one of your own Pokemon doesn't sweep your whole team. Does this sound familiar? Because any one of your Pokemon might be turned against you in the meta, I predict rover-proofing to be the dominant strategy. Just like in BH, there are a few different ways one can go about rover-proofing their team. The most straightforward way would be to make that no matter which Pokemon get taken, your remaining Pokemon can handle them. A more duplicitous method, and one that ties back to the modified garbage strat mentioned earlier, would be to put sets that are incapable of sweeping your team onto Pokemon who look like they could sweep your team. For example, let's say your opponent has a team with Volcarona, Latios, Tyranitar, and Slowbro. What luck! You snatch up Volcarona, and- uh oh! This Volcarona doesn't have Bug Buzz. Looks like you've been baited.

The way games would play out goes as follows:
  1. Start by selecting which Pokemon on your opponent's team you wish to use. You are not given any more information than you would be able to glean from regular team preview.
  2. Once both players have made their decisions, the Pokemon are swapped.
  3. Only now does each player see the sets of the Pokemon they took.
  4. Both players choose their lead and the battle begins as normal.
It's that first step that I need feedback on. How many Pokemon should be swapped between players? The less Pokemon are exchanged, the more emphasis is put on rover-proofing. The more Pokemon are exchanged, the more emphasis is put on adapting to your opponent's team and creating a team with many smaller cores instead of team-wide synergy that can easily be disrupted (it's also farther removed from standard play, which is always a plus for OMs). The options are one, two, and three. Any more and you're no longer building most of the team you use, which just makes the garbage option more viable.

IMO 2, because otherwise the imposter-proofing would haven't got so much emphasis, in teambuilding. 1 would be just meh instead 3 would be too much. But I love the idea

:smeargle: Imaginary Moves

Metagame Premise: A Pokemon can have one move that they normally do not learn, providing that it is not restricted.

Basically, a renamed Sketchmons.

Banlist:
Clauses:
No more than one Pokemon in the team can have the same move that they can't learn naturally (ex Landorus-Therian and Tapu Koko having Ice Beam on the same team will not be allowed).
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Endless Battle Clause
Dynamax Clause

Pokemon:
Ubers Pokemon
Kartana
Porygon-Z

Moves:
Banned:
Baton Pass

Restricted (Pokemon cannot have these moves unless they learn them naturally):
Astral Barrage
Belly Drum
Bolt Beak
Extreme Speed
Fishious Rend
Geomancy
Glacial Lance
Lovely Kiss
Shift Gear
Shell Smash
Spore
Thousand Arrows
Quiver Dance
V-Create

Ability:
Arena Trap
Moody
Power Construct
Shadow Tag

Potential bans and threats:
:regieleki: First thing that comes to mind is Regieleki, all it needs is Ice Beam, giving it excellent coverage on top of having a Transistor that boosts its firepower for Electric-type attacks.

Teleport: Teleport guaranteed its partner to safety switch-in without taking a scratch thanks to its negative priority and Heavy-Duty Boots gained immunity to Entry Hazards. It's no surprise that this move has been surging in popularity in Singles, and stuff like Toxapex or Tangrowth will be using Teleport like crazy.

Questions to be answered:
Is there any way to make it more balanced and/or less unpredictable? I was thinking about having the Pokemon broadcast the move when it enters the field, but I want to hear your thoughts or any other suggestions about it.
Any other Pokemon that needed to be looked upon?

:smeargle: Imaginary Moves

Metagame Premise: A Pokemon can have one move that they normally do not learn, providing that it is not restricted.

Basically, a renamed Sketchmons.

Banlist:
Clauses:
No more than one Pokemon in the team can have the same move that they can't learn naturally (ex Landorus-Therian and Tapu Koko having Ice Beam on the same team will not be allowed).
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Endless Battle Clause
Dynamax Clause

Pokemon:
Ubers Pokemon
Kartana
Porygon-Z

Moves:
Banned:
Baton Pass

Restricted (Pokemon cannot have these moves unless they learn them naturally):
Astral Barrage
Belly Drum
Bolt Beak
Extreme Speed
Fishious Rend
Geomancy
Glacial Lance
Lovely Kiss
Shift Gear
Shell Smash
Spore
Thousand Arrows
Quiver Dance
V-Create

Ability:
Arena Trap
Moody
Power Construct
Shadow Tag

:regieleki: First thing that comes to mind is Regieleki, all it needs is Ice Beam, giving it excellent coverage on top of having a Transistor that boosts its firepower for Electric-type attacks.

Teleport: Teleport guaranteed its partner to safety switch-in without taking a scratch thanks to its negative priority and Heavy-Duty Boots gained immunity to Entry Hazards. It's no surprise that this move has been surging in popularity in Singles, and stuff like Toxapex or Tangrowth will be using Teleport like crazy.

Questions to be answered:
Is there any way to make it more balanced and/or less unpredictable? I was thinking about having the Pokemon broadcast the move when it enters the field, but I want to hear your thoughts or any other suggestions about it.
Any other Pokemon that needed to be looked upon?
So basically SketchMons but with a different name... ok

It should be possible to validate that each pair of mons has a total of at most 4 moves between them. If that's not possible, it certainly should be possible to check that each individual mon has at most 2 moves (thus giving 4 moves to the fusion).
If that's how you're handling base stats, most people will probably end up fusing defensive mons with offensive mons, resulting in every mon having high stats all around; I'm not sure if that's ideal. Maybe average the stats of the two mons?
Well I didn't thought about only 2 moves but it seems good. For base stats maybe averaging is better to avoid broken things, but how do you average hp with shedinja?

Well I didn't thought about only 2 moves but it seems good. For base stats maybe averaging is better to avoid broken things, but how do you average hp with shedinja?
Just ban Shedinja. Wonder Guard is broken when you can have more than 1 HP, especially when you can combine it with another ability like Magic Guard.

The fact there are any things that need explaining makes it a Pet Mod.
Take STABmons. In STABmons the question "does Ferrothorn learn Doom Desire?" has only one possible answer: "Yes."
In your case, all the interactions he mentioned are subjective. If anything, anything at all is answered by "Because that's what I want" or "Because I say so", it's a Pet Mod. Your question "Should I change Hyper Beam?" highlights this because if this was an OM there would be no debate. This is suited for a Pet Mod because you want things a certain way, with room for interpretation that can be settled by polls.
oh ok
that makes sense I guess

Here is my latest idea. It opens up some rly interesting mons.

:ss/poipole: :ss/seadra: Latent Power :ss/dusclops: :ss/tangela:

Premise:

Its a metagame where the mons with the most potential are the strongest, no matter how their evolutions turned out!
Pokemon get the following buffs:
  • +0.5x their base stats for each time that pokemon can consecutively evolve (rounded down)
  • mons receive access to all the moves of all of their potential evolutions
  • mons get all the abilities in the chosen slot of all their potential evolutions, simultaneously

Here is a very simple example to make things make more sense.

:ss/gloom:
Gloom can evolve once more consecutively (despite having 2 paths), giving it +0.5x all its stats. Now its stats become 97/90/105/127/112/60. It gets access to Bellossom's and Vileplume's movesets, so it can run Quiver Dance. You can use a Gloom with a HA Stench. That means it'll also be picking up Vileplumes HA Effect Spore and Bellossoms (useless) HA Healer. It wont get access to the prevo Oddishs (useless) HA Run Away. If you picked Chlorophyll, the primary ability, you'll also get Vileplume and Bellossoms Chlorophyll meaning no additional ability there.

In this case it might have been better to go Oddish who gets everything Gloom can get, except with a different and mostly superior stat spread of 90/100/110/150/130/60 (+1x boosted due to evolving twice consecutively)! But this wont always be the case for different evo lines when picking the first or middle evo.

Bans:
Eviolite duh
Ubers Banlist

Example of threats:
:ss/bagon:
Bagon is a good example of an all-round good pick. Its the first of a 3 stage line, meaning all its stats get doubled to reach 90/150/120/80/60/100. If it picks its HAs, it now gets Sheer Force + Overcoat + Moxie, making it broken on veil teams. It can also use all of Salamence's nice coverage without having that nasty dual ice weakness.

:ss/magneton:
Magneton offers a lot of power. Evolving once, it reaches 75/90/147/180/105/105 stats, becoming a strong all-rounded wallbreaker and trapper. Note in this case, its stat growth is much better than magnemite despite magnemites being doubled.

:ss/cosmoem:
Cosmoem is a monster tank. It can only evolve once, but it reaches monster stats of 64/43/195/43/195/55 and gets 3 amazing abils simultaneously with Sturdy, Shadow Shield and Full Metal Body. It also gets all the benefits of Lunala and Solgaleos movepools.

:ss/eevee:
Eevee might not look that impressive with its 82/82/75/67/97/82 stats, but it might make up for it with an incredible array of abilities and moves. It could either run Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Adaptability, Synchronize etc at once, or go for Anticipation, Magic Bounce, Hydration, Guts etc to go for something more tricky but equally useful. It can run all kinds of moves like Leech Seed, Volt Switch, Scald, Foul Play, Knock Off and Wish.

:ss/sneasel:
Sneasel is a good example of a mon that just turns into a stat monster. It has stats of 82/142/82/52/112/172, strong, fast, and not particularly frail. A lot of the mons that received evos later on (Rhydon, Electabuzz, Porygon etc) turn into bulky deadly threats.

Q+A:
  • what happens when a mon goes from 3 abils to one abil to 3 for instance?
  • just like if the mon was to evolve, it would take its primary ability, followed by the mandatory only ability, followed by the primary ability when there are 3 options again. if a mon goes from 3 abils to 2, then it follows how evolution would work (primary/secondary abil lead into the primary abil of the evo, hidden abil lead into the hidden abil of the evo). If you use a Pokemon that is a single ability mon that evolves into a mon with multiple non-HAs, I think it should just take the primary ability of the chain.

• how do formes and mega evolutions tie into things?
  • mega evolutions dont count as evolutions and dont have any interaction/dont count as an evo stage. for mons with a galarian form with an evolution, the mon needs to actually evolve into that pokemon to gain the benefits. regular meowth cant reap the bonuses of alolan persian and perrserker. regular mr mime wont receive any bonuses just because galarian mr mime evolves. mime jr, however, evolves into both mr mime and galarian mr mime, meaning it gets a 2x stat boost (thanks to evolving twice consecutively into mr rime) and also learns all the moves of regular mr mime.

• how do fully evolved pokemon tie into things?
  • you can use them, and they receive no additional benefits.
Questions:
- Should this be an Ubers based metagame or a OU based metagame? Itd be funny to watch babies up against titans like Yveltal on the same lineup, plus I think the power level is generally higher than OU.
- Ban ideas? I was thinking Rhydon looks like a very possible ban. But then in Ubers it could be just fine. Same with Nincada, it seems like something that could deserve a ban in a regular format.

Last edited:
HP: 64​
Att: 43​
Def: 196​
SpA: 43​
SpD: 196​
Spe: 55​

Cosmoem probably won't actually be good, but it does gain access to Shadow Shield, Toxic, Knock Off, Defog, and Roost (and it already had access to Teleport). Shame it doesn't get Cosmog's Unaware.

Here is my first idea:

SSB4 Construct

(I'm not certain on the name lol)

Basically super staff bros 4 in team builder, where u name your Pokémon the character you want.

Clauses:
Nicknames must be the same as an ssb4 character.
You may only have 1 of these Pokémon in your team:
(Limited List)
Robb576
Aelita
Cake
Quadrophenic

Annika is banned.

And another fun thing would be if I got a custom mon for the idea :

VoolPool(Cinccino)@Choice Band
Quick Nukes
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Tail Slap
-Bonemerang
-Triple Axel
-U-Turn

Quick Nukes: Technician + Skill Link + No Guard+ At the end of each turn, this Pokémon loses 1/6 of its health and gains 1/3 life steal for it attacks.

I need help on the name and the ban List / clauses ( I'm trying to make this somewhat balanced lol)

:)

Here is my latest idea. It opens up some rly interesting mons.

:ss/poipole: :ss/seadra: Latent Power :ss/dusclops: :ss/tangela:

Premise:

Its a metagame where the mons with the most potential are the strongest, no matter how their evolutions turned out!
Pokemon get the following buffs:
  • +0.5x their base stats for each time that pokemon can consecutively evolve (rounded down)
  • mons receive access to all the moves of all of their potential evolutions
  • mons get all the abilities in the chosen slot of all their potential evolutions, simultaneously

Here is a very simple example to make things make more sense.

:ss/gloom:
Gloom can evolve once more consecutively (despite having 2 paths), giving it +0.5x all its stats. Now its stats become 97/90/105/127/112/60. It gets access to Bellossom's and Vileplume's movesets, so it can run Quiver Dance. You can use a Gloom with a HA Stench. That means it'll also be picking up Vileplumes HA Effect Spore and Bellossoms (useless) HA Healer. It wont get access to the prevo Oddishs (useless) HA Run Away. If you picked Chlorophyll, the primary ability, you'll also get Vileplume and Bellossoms Chlorophyll meaning no additional ability there.

In this case it might have been better to go Oddish who gets everything Gloom can get, except with a different and mostly superior stat spread of 90/100/110/150/130/60 (+1x boosted due to evolving twice consecutively)! But this wont always be the case for different evo lines when picking the first or middle evo.

Bans:
Eviolite duh
Ubers Banlist

Example of threats:
:ss/bagon:
Bagon is a good example of an all-round good pick. Its the first of a 3 stage line, meaning all its stats get doubled to reach 90/150/120/80/60/100. If it picks its HAs, it now gets Sheer Force + Overcoat + Moxie, making it broken on veil teams. It can also use all of Salamence's nice coverage without having that nasty dual ice weakness.

:ss/magneton:
Magneton offers a lot of power. Evolving once, it reaches 75/90/147/180/105/105 stats, becoming a strong all-rounded wallbreaker and trapper. Note in this case, its stat growth is much better than magnemite despite magnemites being doubled.

Cosmoem is a monster tank. It can only evolve once, but it reaches monster stats of 64/43/195/43/195/55 and gets 3 amazing abils simultaneously with Sturdy, Shadow Shield and Full Metal Body. It also gets all the benefits of Lunala and Solgaleos movepools.

:ss/eevee:
Eevee might not look that impressive with its 82/82/75/67/97/82 stats, but it might make up for it with an incredible array of abilities and moves. It could either run Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Adaptability, Synchronize etc at once, or go for Anticipation, Magic Bounce, Hydration, Guts etc to go for something more tricky but equally useful. It can run all kinds of moves like Leech Seed, Volt Switch, Scald, Foul Play, Knock Off and Wish.

:ss/sneasel:
Sneasel is a good example of a mon that just turns into a stat monster. It has stats of 82/142/82/52/112/172, strong, fast, and not particularly frail. A lot of the mons that received evos later on (Rhydon, Electabuzz, Porygon etc) turn into bulky deadly threats.

Q+A:
  • what happens when a mon goes from 3 abils to one abil to 3 for instance?
  • just like if the mon was to evolve, it would take its primary ability, followed by the mandatory only ability, followed by the primary ability when there are 3 options again. if a mon goes from 3 abils to 2, then it follows how evolution would work (primary/secondary abil lead into the primary abil of the evo, hidden abil lead into the hidden abil of the evo). If you use a Pokemon that is a single ability mon that evolves into a mon with multiple non-HAs, I think it should just take the primary ability of the chain.

• how do formes and mega evolutions tie into things?
  • mega evolutions dont count as evolutions and dont have any interaction/dont count as an evo stage. for mons with a galarian form with an evolution, the mon needs to actually evolve into that pokemon to gain the benefits. regular meowth cant reap the bonuses of alolan persian and perrserker. regular mr mime wont receive any bonuses just because galarian mr mime evolves. mime jr, however, evolves into both mr mime and galarian mr mime, meaning it gets a 2x stat boost (thanks to evolving twice consecutively into mr rime) and also learns all the moves of regular mr mime.

• how do fully evolved pokemon tie into things?
  • you can use them, and they receive no additional benefits.
Questions:
- Should this be an Ubers based metagame or a OU based metagame? Itd be funny to watch babies up against titans like Yveltal on the same lineup, plus I think the power level is generally higher than OU.
- Ban ideas? I was thinking Rhydon looks like a very possible ban. But then in Ubers it could be just fine. Same with Nincada, it seems like something that could deserve a ban in a regular format.
Some sets i came up with:

:sm/chansey:
255 HP / 7 Atk / 7 Def / 52 SpA / 152 SpD / 75 Spe

Chansey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Teleport

:sm/gastly:
60 HP / 70 Atk / 60 Def / 200 SpA / 70 SpD / 160 Spe
Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

:sm/abra:
50 HP / 40 Atk / 30 Def / 210 SpA / 110 SpD / 180 Spe
Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

:sm/porygon:
130 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Def / 170 SpA / 150 SpD / 80 Spe
Porygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Psychic

:sm/scyther:
105 HP / 165 Atk / 120 Def / 82 SpA / 120 SpD / 157 Spe
Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Metagame premise: Only pokemon that are not in Sword and Shield are allowed to be here. The List can be seen here: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/national-dex/ This will result in a tight roster with teams fully different from normal OU and also having differences to National Dex. Since as an Example Mega-Mawile stays not avaiable since Mawile is in Sword and Shield.

Potential bans and threats: The Meta could be too boring, due to the small amount of avaiable pokemon. And I would say... ban all Ubers from previous gens like Deoxys and Arceus. Maybe also Mega-Medicham could be worth banning in this meta, since it would be a very dominating force

Questions for the community:
"Would this meta be interesting enough to be worth including?"
"Should we ban Dynamax"
"Should Pokémon that are variants of existing ones but do not evolve from it be in the meta. Like Starter Pikachu, Totem Mimikyu and others?"

Metagame premise: Only pokemon that are not in Sword and Shield are allowed to be here. The List can be seen here: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/national-dex/ This will result in a tight roster with teams fully different from normal OU and also having differences to National Dex. Since as an Example Mega-Mawile stays not avaiable since Mawile is in Sword and Shield.

Potential bans and threats: The Meta could be too boring, due to the small amount of avaiable pokemon. And I would say... ban all Ubers from previous gens like Deoxys and Arceus. Maybe also Mega-Medicham could be worth banning in this meta, since it would be a very dominating force

"Should we ban Dynamax"
"Should Pokémon that are variants of existing ones but do not evolve from it be in the meta. Like Starter Pikachu, Totem Mimikyu and others?"

As someone who ran an unsuccessful meta, heed this advice. Metagames that restrict the user are almost never successful. At its core, a good OM should give the player more options, not less. Honestly, I would not play this ever, as it's basically just NetDex OU with a different banlist. And yes, absolutely ban Dynamax. It's broken in any Singles metagame.

"Should we ban Dynamax"
This was suggested before a few months back, "Dexit meta." It's post #542 and a mod commented on it in post #571. The gist of it is: It's too restrictive and likely to have too many broken mons. Could maybe work as one-off tour.

So maybe you can submit it for a tour or something? I'd be interested in playing it tbh.

[Gen 8 OU] Balanced Fusions
Metagame premise: Ever wonder what it's like to fuse two Pokémon together? Want a way to do so without creating something completely broken? Introducing Balanced Fusions, a metagame by me where "By naming your Pokémon after another Pokémon it gains their first Ability as an additional ability, their stats are averaged and its secondary type is taken from their primary or secondary type depending on whether it is shiny." This metagame fuses the learnsets of the fusor (the base Pokémon) and the fusee (the nicknamed Pokémon). However, don't think you can just use Mew and inherit whatever moves you want. You can only inherit one move from the fusee. This takes a lot of the cheapness of the game this was inspired by, Frantic Fusions, out of the game. But there's also the rule about combining stats. Normally, in Frantic Fusions, you would average out all the stats. However, this makes the metagame highly unpredictable, and leaves a lot of things completely broken. Since Frantic Fusions doesn't have a huge following, nobody can take the time to figure out what is and is not breaking the metagame. This is why, in this metagame, you can "fuse" one stat by ending your nickname with "/(stat name)" (not in parenthesis). This will make it so that you'll eventually get the feel of what Pokémon are and are not worth fusing with.
-Pelipper + Barraskewda (Spe/Atk): This gives Pelipper access to the coveted Drizzle + Swift Swim combo, which is a huge no, since you can just slap on Specs and blast everything to pieces with Weather Ball/Hydro Pump. Notably, it does lose its Flying type. It can also run Atk, with Flip Turn.
-Tangrowth + Torkoal (Def): This is like Pelipper + Barraskewda. Nobody wants an infinitely fast Tangrowth with slightly more Defense and a great Grass/Fire typing for sun abusing. At least, I don't. Alternatively, Tangrowth + Ninetales (Spe) for speed creeping the other broken weather combos and access to Nasty Plot.
-Excadrill + Tyranitar (Def/SpD): Last, we have the Ttar/Drill core combined into one; imagine setting up sand and then having to switch in Drill. Not on this mon. You get access to the dangerous Ground/Rock typing, the sand SpD boost, and all of Excadrill's normal stats, bar the Def/SpD boost. Definitely broken.
-Should I ban the aforementioned 3 threats?
The NatDex version is playable on https://petmodpalace.herokuapp.com

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Here's a new idea I came up with. Hope you enjoy! If this has been done, let me know. I feel like it has.
Customons (Pronouned Custom-mons)
(Name and Mascot Pending)
Premise
In this metagame, Pokemon are able to have their base stats swapped in any way!
You should know how this works, but I'll do some examples.
:swsh/blissey:
Blissey has a stat spread of 255 / 10 / 10 / 75 / 135 / 55 , with is pretty nice. But, in this metagame, Blissey's base stats can be 135 / 10 / 255 / 10 / 75 / 55, which makes it an amazing physical tank, also being able to tank every physical attacker in the whole metagame. probably better than it was before. You can also run a special tank too, if you like.
:swsh/diancie:
Diancie has a stat spread of 50 / 100 / 150 / 100 / 150 / 50, which is pretty nice as well. But, you can customize it to be 50 / 150 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 150, meaning it can utilize it's signature move, Diamond Storm, better than before. It also packs an amazing speed stat backed up by that, which is amazing with a 150 Attack stat.
Banlist
Eviolite
Ubers Banlist
Kartana
Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regieleki, and Regidrago (For Now)
+ More To Come
Threats
:swsh/landorus-therian:
If this metagame becomes a real one, this is going to be the main Pokemon on my radar. It can run a stat spread like 89 / 105 / 90 / 80 / 91 / 145, which will be insane if it uses a Suicide Lead sets, Defensive set, and SD sets are going to be insane. I will add this to the banlist if you guys want it to.
:swsh/blissey:
Just like I mentioned above, this thing will be able to TANK. It'll be the premier tank of the meta, and the reasons why are above also.
:swsh/diancie:
Look above.
More to come!
Questions
Should I unban the Regis?
Should I ban Landorus-Therian?
What things should I ban?
(I will update this post in the future)
How do you swap around stats in the teambuilder?

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
I'll use Toxapex for example.
:swsh/toxapex:
View attachment 306378
you see how i did that?
if you need a explanation, i can give you one
In this case, this metagame is extremely uncompetitive, as there are 36 different stat combinations one Pokemon could have. Not all combinations would be good, but this unpredictability to any extent on every mon sounds really unfun. What's more, since this is controlled through IV's, and not something visible like nicknames or shininess, it's impossible to tell how the stats are arranged even after the Pokemon comes in. One thing that would make this metagame a little better (keyword "a little") is if the stats are controlled through nickname. Maybe number off the stats and have them in an order in the nickname (1-2-3-4-5-6 is HP-Atk-Def-SpA-SpD-Spe). This way, the stats will be visible on switch-in.
However, there are many metagames were stats are shifted around (like Flipped and a few others I can't remember right now); it would be very hard for this metagame to be approved.

In this case, this metagame is extremely uncompetitive, as there are 36 different stat combinations one Pokemon could have. Not all combinations would be good, but this unpredictability to any extent on every mon sounds really unfun. What's more, since this is controlled through IV's, and not something visible like nicknames or shininess, it's impossible to tell how the stats are arranged even after the Pokemon comes in. One thing that would make this metagame a little better (keyword "a little") is if the stats are controlled through nickname. Maybe number off the stats and have them in an order in the nickname (1-2-3-4-5-6 is HP-Atk-Def-SpA-SpD-Spe). This way, the stats will be visible on switch-in.
However, there are many metagames were stats are shifted around (like Flipped and a few others I can't remember right now); it would be very hard for this metagame to be approved.
You do have good points, thanks for the nickname recommendation!

Last edited:
This idea was probably done before, but I'm gonna shoot my shot anyways.
My idea is called OUBL (though I may also call it Ubers Lite), and as you might assume, all Ubers that have less than a 4.52% usage rate in Ubers are allowed in the tier!
If they are were banned in OU, then they are NOT to be banned unless ABSOLUTELY neccesary.
Definite bans include Lugia, who would be too hard to break, and Rayquaza, who would be too overwhelming and versatile offensively.
Mons eligible for the tier include both Zamazentas, Dialga, Urshifu-Dark, Vish, G-Darm, Necrozma Dawn Wings, Solgaleo, Zacian-Base, Naganadel, Landorus-I, Giratina, Reshiram, Kyurem-White AND Black, Lunala, Genesect, Mewtwo, and Pheromosa.
To assist in my research into the metagame of this tier, reply to this post or join the Discord below:
https://discord.gg/Kk5qkGy9Y9
edit: All abilities banned in OU are banned in this format, except Arena Trap (perhaps).

Last edited:
This idea was probably done before, but I'm gonna shoot my shot anyways.
My idea is called OUBL (though I may also call it Ubers Lite), and as you might assume, all Ubers that have less than a 4.52% usage rate in Ubers are allowed in the tier!
If they are were banned in OU, then they are NOT to be banned unless ABSOLUTELY neccesary.
Definite bans include Lugia, who would be too hard to break, and Rayquaza, who would be too overwhelming and versatile offensively.
Mons eligible for the tier include both Zamazentas, Dialga, Urshifu-Dark, Vish, G-Darm, Necrozma Dawn Wings, Solgaleo, Zacian-Base, Naganadel, Landorus-I, Giratina, Reshiram, Kyurem-White AND Black, Lunala, Genesect, Mewtwo, and Pheromosa.
To assist in my research into the metagame of this tier, reply to this post or join the Discord below:
https://discord.gg/Kk5qkGy9Y9
We already have an OUBL tier. It's called Ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)