Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea is called OUBL (though I may also call it Ubers Lite), and as you might assume, all Ubers that have less than a 4.52% usage rate in Ubers are allowed in the tier!
BL Ubers afaik is the "real" name
New usage based tiers aren't allowed to be submitted though inc bl ubers

where would this be submitted? And why is ZU under Other Metagames?
You wouldn't be able to submit this anywhere, sadly.
I'm kinda sure that there's a version of the meta in some side server (but not really)
ZU is an OM because it isn't an official tier yet. There used to be Unoffical Metagames (AG, ZU, 1v1) seperate from OMs, but they are now included in OM for simplicity's sake.
Edit @ Below: its just been a rejected idea, also isn't particularly creative / has been submitted before

Last edited:
I'm kinda sure that there's a version of the meta in some side server (but not really)
ZU is an OM because it isn't an official tier yet. There used to be Unoffical Metagames (AG, ZU, 1v1) seperate from OMs, but they are now included in OM for simplicity's sake.
Why wouldn't I be able to submit a usage-based tier? Where does that come from?

Why wouldn't I be able to submit a usage-based tier? Where does that come from?
in case you didn't see, here's what Tmi489 said.
HERE IS THE RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION: Edit @ Below: its just been a rejected idea, also isn't particularly creative / has been submitted before

MIRROR, MIRROR

Metagame premise: Whenever a Pokemon uses a move, their opponent immediately uses that same move.​
  • Mirrored moves are not, themselves, mirrored. They don't go back and forth forever.
  • A Pokemon is able to mirror a move even if their move selection is hindered (i.e. a Pokemon that's been Taunted or is holding Assault Vest can still mirror a status move)
  • The move is not mirrored if the would-be mirrorer is switched out (via Eject Button, Emergency Exit, phazing, etc.) or fainted.
  • The move is only mirrored once the original move has finished resolving.
  • The move is still mirrored even if it fails for whatever reason.
Potential bans:
  • Standard clauses and OU banlist apply, as well as the following:
  • Moves: Explosion, Self-Destruct, Misty Explosion, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, Steel Beam, Mind Blown, Rest, Ingrain, No Retreat
  • Abilities: Contrary, Infiltrator
  • Items: Leppa Berry
  • Watchlist: Belly Drum, Rocky Helmet
  • Explosion, Self-Destruct, Misty Explosion, Healing Wish, and Lunar Dance are banned for their ability to easily force trades.
  • Steel Beam and Mind Blown are banned for dealing too much damage with too little recourse.
  • Rest is banned for its ability to circumvent the sleep clause.
  • Ingrain and No Retreat are banned because, if the original user holds a Shed Shell, they can switch out while leaving the opponent trapped and helpless.
  • Contrary, in conjunction with Sweet Scent or Defog, circumvents the evasion clause. Malamar doesn't get either of those moves, so it might be worth just banning Lurantis and Shuckle.
  • Infiltrator has what seems (to me) to be a degenerate strategy of spamming Substitute with little risk, then picking off the weakened opponent through its Substitute.
  • Leppa Berry will probably have to be banned if the endless battle clause is to be upheld.
  • Belly Drum forces a 50% reduction in the opponent's health, making it easier for the user to pick off what they just set up on; additionally, +6 Attack is usually enough to OHKO anything slower, meaning that you can't simply revenge the user by mirroring its attacks, which is otherwise a valid answer to most setup. That said, giving your opponent +6 Attack is adding an incredible amount of risk to an already-risky attack, so it might not even be worth using.
  • Rocky Helmet can be used in conjunction with a contact move to forcibly proc it, even on opponents that have no contact moves of their own. The free damage is concerning, but I don't think it's so overwhelming that the metagame couldn't adapt.
Threats:
Since this meta is centered around symmetry, the best strategies will try to break that symmetry by using moves that the opponent can't exploit against you; this general concept should be familiar to BH players who run self-imposterproofed sets.

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Volcanion demonstrates a few ways for mons to exploit the mirroring mechanic -- its ability grants it immunity from Steam Eruption while also healing damage, it takes extremely little from Overheat and Flash Cannon, and Air Balloon can grant (temporary) immunity from Earth Power. Overheat's Special Attack drop also greatly hinders opposing special attackers.

As a side note, you have to manually give special attackers 31 Attack IVs if you want to boost their damage output from mirrored physical moves, otherwise the teambuilder will set it to zero.

Tornadus (M)
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Taunt

Tornadus Incarnate can get a +2 boost off of a mirrored Defog, then use Acrobatics at twice the power of its opponent. Superpower can still be risky, but the defensive drop your opponent incurs will cancel out your lowered damage output until they switch. Since Tornadus has no item of its own, it's free to run Knock Off without worry of losing anything from the mirror, or Taunt if you need that more.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

There's nothing tricky going on here, just a powerful physical attacker that has the bulk to take what it dishes out. Even if it eats its own Earthquake on the knockback, it won't deal too terribly much unless it comes from another Ground-type.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Probably one of the more evil sets you can run. Pokemon with abilities triggered by contact can force them to activate by using contact moves of their own; here, Ferrothorn takes almost nothing from its own attacks while dealing serious chip damage to its opponents in addition to their natural damage. The last two slots go to moves that Ferrothorn can click with impunity that deal even more residual damage.
Questions for the community:

- Does this sound fun? Does it make sense?

- Did I miss any broken or uncompetitive strategies that might need a ban?

- How should these non-obvious cases be handled? I'm inclined to let the answer be "whatever ends up being easiest to code" and ban anything that's broken or uncompetitive as a result, but if there's a specific implementation you would like to see, let me know.
  • Charge moves and multi-turn attacks (Meteor Beam, Skull Bash, Fly, Dig, etc.) -- If you could force your opponent into a multi-turn move, pairing one of these with Power Herb might be a good one-time way to get a free switch in a meta where pivot moves are probably bad. I think letting you do this would open up some interesting strategies.
  • Recharge moves (Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker, etc.)
  • Moves that lock you in (Uproar, Outrage, Thrash, etc.)
  • Moves with a delay (Focus Punch, Doom Desire, Future Sight)
  • Bide
  • Status afflictions that can deny move usage (sleep, paralysis, freeze, confusion, attraction, flinch) -- It would be a pain to ban these, so whatever implementation is used should probably not break the meta.
  • Moves that call other moves (Nature Power, Metronome, etc.)
  • Moves that care about the last move used (Instruct, Copycat, Mirror Move, etc.)
  • Anything I overlooked

Last edited:
MIRROR, MIRROR

Metagame premise: Whenever a Pokemon uses a move, their opponent immediately uses that same move
Overall seems similar to another submission (Dancerability; reflecting moves that apply, like rough skin for contact)
  • Ingrain and No Retreat are banned because, if the original user holds a Shed Shell, they can switch out while leaving the opponent trapped and helpless.
Mean Look/Block/Jaw Lock/et all are not banned and like those moves, both ingrain and NR require a turn to use
NR specifically is on a bad mon who cant heal and doesnt really have bulk
  • Contrary, in conjunction with Sweet Scent or Defog, circumvents the evasion clause. Malamar doesn't get either of those moves, so it might be worth just banning Lurantis and Shuckle.
Would a complex ban of Contrary + Evasion lowering move be alright (asking OM mods more than you)
Infiltrator has what seems (to me) to be a degenerate strategy of spamming Substitute with little risk, then picking off the weakened opponent through its Substitute.
Couldn't you just ban Substitute? Sound Move sstill bypass sub and sound moves are too widespread to really ban
it mighttt be too chaotic, because second mon gets effectively two moves at once (and first mon still first/last move)
pivot moves are probably bad.
you could U-Turn or Flip Turn onto ferrothorn or another rocky helmet user, forcing them to uturn themselves
getting pretty much free damage and forcing the opponent out
Anything I overlooked
What happens with Mbounce/mcoat?

Last edited:
MIRROR, MIRROR

Metagame premise: Whenever a Pokemon uses a move, their opponent immediately uses that same move.​
  • Mirrored moves are not, themselves, mirrored. They don't go back and forth forever.
  • A Pokemon is able to mirror a move even if their move selection is hindered (i.e. a Pokemon that's been Taunted or is holding Assault Vest can still mirror a status move)
  • The move is not mirrored if the would-be mirrorer is switched out (via Eject Button, Emergency Exit, phazing, etc.) or fainted.
  • The move is only mirrored once the original move has finished resolving.
  • The move is still mirrored even if it fails for whatever reason.
Potential bans:
  • Standard clauses and OU banlist apply, as well as the following:
  • Moves: Explosion, Self-Destruct, Misty Explosion, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, Steel Beam, Mind Blown, Rest, Ingrain, No Retreat
  • Abilities: Contrary, Infiltrator
  • Items: Leppa Berry
  • Watchlist: Belly Drum, Rocky Helmet
  • Explosion, Self-Destruct, Misty Explosion, Healing Wish, and Lunar Dance are banned for their ability to easily force trades.
  • Steel Beam and Mind Blown are banned for dealing too much damage with too little recourse.
  • Rest is banned for its ability to circumvent the sleep clause.
  • Infiltrator has what seems (to me) to be a degenerate strategy of spamming Substitute with little risk, then picking off the weakened opponent through its Substitute.
  • Leppa Berry will probably have to be banned if the endless battle clause is to be upheld.
  • Belly Drum forces a 50% reduction in the opponent's health, making it easier for the user to pick off what they just set up on; additionally, +6 Attack is usually enough to OHKO anything slower, meaning that you can't simply revenge the user by mirroring its attacks, which is otherwise a valid answer to most setup. That said, giving your opponent +6 Attack is adding an incredible amount of risk to an already-risky attack, so it might not even be worth using.
  • Rocky Helmet can be used in conjunction with a contact move to forcibly proc it, even on opponents that have no contact moves of their own. The free damage is concerning, but I don't think it's so overwhelming that the metagame couldn't adapt.
Threats:
Since this meta is centered around symmetry, the best strategies will try to break that symmetry by using moves that the opponent can't exploit against you; this general concept should be familiar to BH players who run self-imposterproofed sets.

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Volcanion demonstrates a few ways for mons to exploit the mirroring mechanic -- its ability grants it immunity from Steam Eruption while also healing damage, it takes extremely little from Overheat and Flash Cannon, and Air Balloon can grant (temporary) immunity from Earth Power. Overheat's Special Attack drop also greatly hinders opposing special attackers.

As a side note, you have to manually give special attackers 31 Attack IVs if you want to boost their damage output from mirrored physical moves, otherwise the teambuilder will set it to zero.

Tornadus (M)
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Taunt

Tornadus Incarnate can get a +2 boost off of a mirrored Defog, then use Acrobatics at twice the power of its opponent. Superpower can still be risky, but the defensive drop your opponent incurs will cancel out your lowered damage output until they switch. Since Tornadus has no item of its own, it's free to run Knock Off without worry of losing anything from the mirror, or Taunt if you need that more.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

There's nothing tricky going on here, just a powerful physical attacker that has the bulk to take what it dishes out. Even if it eats its own Earthquake on the knockback, it won't deal too terribly much unless it comes from another Ground-type.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Probably one of the more evil sets you can run. Pokemon with abilities triggered by contact can force them to activate by using contact moves of their own; here, Ferrothorn takes almost nothing from its own attacks while dealing serious chip damage to its opponents in addition to their natural damage. The last two slots go to moves that Ferrothorn can click with impunity that deal even more residual damage.
Questions for the community:

- Did I miss any broken or uncompetitive strategies that might need a ban?

- How should these non-obvious cases be handled? I'm inclined to let the answer be "whatever ends up being easiest to code" and ban anything that's broken or uncompetitive as a result, but if there's a specific implementation you would like to see, let me know.
  • Charge moves and multi-turn attacks (Meteor Beam, Skull Bash, Fly, Dig, etc.) -- If you could force your opponent into a multi-turn move, pairing one of these with Power Herb might be a good one-time way to get a free switch in a meta where pivot moves are probably bad. I think letting you do this would open up some interesting strategies.
  • Recharge moves (Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker, etc.)
  • Moves that lock you in (Uproar, Outrage, Thrash, etc.)
  • Moves with a delay (Focus Punch, Doom Desire, Future Sight)
  • Bide
  • Status afflictions that can deny move usage (sleep, paralysis, freeze, confusion, attraction, flinch) -- It would be a pain to ban these, so whatever implementation is used should probably not break the meta.
  • Moves that call other moves (Nature Power, Metronome, etc.)
  • Moves that care about the last move used (Instruct, Copycat, Mirror Move, etc.)
  • Anything I overlooked
Here are a few meme sets:

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Sucker Punch
- filler
- filler

Krookodile @ Salac Berry / Sitrus Berry / Figy Berry / whatever
Ability: Anger Point
Jolly Nature
- Focus Energy
- Shadow Claw / Scale Shot
- Stone Edge / Scale Shot
- Earthquake / High Horsepower

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sand Attack
- Screech
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head

Also, Dhelmise probably has a niche as the only Ghost-type with Rapid Spin.

Mean Look/Block/Jaw Lock/et all are not banned and like those moves, both ingrain and NR require a turn to use
NR specifically is on a bad mon who cant heal and doesnt really have bulk
The difference with Mean Look, Block, etc. is that once one party switches out or faints, the opponent will no longer trapped, since those aren't self-trapping moves. If you get an Ingrain/No Retreat off on an opponent and then faint or (with Shed Shell) switch out, they're trapped until you decide to KO them, which is probably after you've set up to +6 with something that walls it. That's the scenario I'm trying to avoid here.
Couldn't you just ban Substitute? Sound Move sstill bypass sub and sound moves are too widespread to really ban
If your sound move bypasses an opposing Substitute, its mirror will bypass yours (unless you're Soundproof). That said, now that I type it out, the distinction seems fairly minor, given that you're probably OHKOing if they're at 1/4 HP... and multi-hit moves could also get the job done... I might just go with a Substitute ban.
you could U-Turn or Flip Turn onto ferrothorn or another rocky helmet user, forcing them to uturn themselves
This is would work, but you have to balance that with the fact that this grants them a switch to whatever mon they want after you execute your switch, denying you the momentum that is normally the appeal of pivot moves. I'm sure some sets will still want the effect you described, but as it stands, momentum is hard to generate.
What happens with Mbounce/mcoat?
Reflectable moves will get bounced back at their original user, and then the Mbounce/Mcoat user will mirror them properly. This won't always make a difference, but it could definitely be important in certain situations, so thank you for pointing it out.

Thanks for all the feedback! My responses are mostly arguing, but that's only because it feels silly to respond to the more subjective or self-evident stuff.

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Sucker Punch
- filler
- filler
what have i wrought

Also, Dhelmise probably has a niche as the only Ghost-type with Rapid Spin.
Presumably it would also run Multi-Attack with Ghost Memory and either Body Press or Brick Break?

Along the same lines you can have EQ Landorus/Flygon, Discharge Stunfisk/Bolt Beak Dracozolt/Plasma Fists Zeraora etc., Steam Eruption Volcanion & co and Psycho Cut Malamar (which sadly has to run Suction Cups).

Presumably it would also run Multi-Attack with Ghost Memory and either Body Press or Brick Break?

Along the same lines you can have EQ Landorus/Flygon, Discharge Stunfisk/Bolt Beak Dracozolt/Plasma Fists Zeraora etc., Steam Eruption Volcanion & co and Psycho Cut Malamar (which sadly has to run Suction Cups).
Dhelmise doesn't learn Multi Attack.

90% rule

Metagame premise:
All 10% hax or lower is removed. All moves with 90%+ accuracy are now 100%. High horsepower will always hit and ice beam will never freeze. This decreases unplanned hax in the game. At least with moves like focus blast and scald, you expect to miss or burn sometimes anyway, so it’s not as detrimental to your game plan. 1/24 chance crits will never happen unless you have an attack drop or your opponent has a defense boost., to keep in check the strategy of defense boosting.

Potential bans and threats:
High jump kick, banned or unchanged

So I had this idea; (this is not a submission), please tell me if something like this already exists:

___
Full Power Mons:

1) Pokemon can use all the moves from their specific movepool, regardless of generation incompatibilities.
That effectively means expanding the move selection from 4 moves to a full list. (requires some coding)

2) Pokemon with more then 1 ability also have their other specific abilities, except if they would contradict each other, such as heavy/light metal or Plus and Minus. In this cases, players may choose 1 from the contradicting abilities and also get the rest that doesn't contradict.

3) Instead of 508 EVs to spend, there are 252 x 6 = 1512 EVs to spend, so you can max out all stats if you want.

___

Last edited:
Just an idea I thought I’d jot down and expand upon later; I didn’t see anything of the sort already existing so please tell me if one does. At any rate, I’d like to hear your thoughts.

The basic premise is that holding a TR gives you access to that move alongside your current 4-move moveset. The current limitations I’m thinking of are that you can only hold TRs containing moves that the Pokemon can natively learn, and possibly that you only get 5 uses of the move. I’m curious to see how this kind of metagame would shake out; which mons would be willing to allay 4MSS at the cost of their item?

1) Pokemon can use all the moves from their specific movepool, regardless of generation incompatibilities.
That effectively means expanding the move selection from 4 moves to a full list. (requires some coding)
While this is possible (use the import tool to add more lines -(move) to use moves), its still limited to 24 moves, is not allowed due to requiring the import function, and just seems unfun to play with. There are too many options to consider from both you and the opponent.
2) Pokemon with more then 1 ability also have their other specific abilities, except if they would contradict each other, such as heavy/light metal or Plus and Minus. In this cases, players may choose 1 from the contradicting abilities and also get the rest that doesn't contradict.
this has been done separately; pokeabilities (which is not an accepted OM at the moment). if heavy/light metal were together you would just have normal weight and plus/minus wouldn't give their bonus (because it requires a partner).

I've just read the last 3 pages of the post and some ideas have come to me, however I am not writing for that reason, I think I remember that I need a minimum of post before proposing an OM, but to see if you can clarify a doubt that came up while reading, how can I differentiate the type of ideas that go here from those that don't?
I mean, I read that some ideas were more for Pet mods and others for Tier.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I've just read the last 3 pages of the post and some ideas have come to me, however I am not writing for that reason, I think I remember that I need a minimum of post before proposing an OM, but to see if you can clarify a doubt that came up while reading, how can I differentiate the type of ideas that go here from those that don't?
I mean, I read that some ideas were more for Pet mods and others for Tier.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
The simplest way to explain it is that Other Metagames usually have one rule that applies to every Pokemon like "every Pokemon can use one move it doesn't usually learn." Pet Mods normally add custom things like new Pokemon, items, etc. or make specific changes like if you were to give one Pokemon base stat changes that don't apply to any other Pokemon.

The simplest way to explain it is that Other Metagames usually have one rule that applies to every Pokemon like "every Pokemon can use one move it doesn't usually learn." Pet Mods normally add custom things like new Pokemon, items, etc. or make specific changes like if you were to give one Pokemon base stat changes that don't apply to any other Pokemon.
Ok, thanks :)

The basic premise is that holding a TR gives you access to that move alongside your current 4-move moveset. The current limitations I’m thinking of are that you can only hold TRs containing moves that the Pokemon can natively learn
I've tried to implement this as "TRMons" on ROM, although I haven't tested it yet.

Edit: I noticed the validator crashes with unlearnable moves (fortunately, so you could still play with valid teams) and that should now be fixed.

Last edited:
I've tried to implement this as "TRMons" on ROM, although I haven't tested it yet.
Thanks so much! Just tested, having a mon hold a TR for a move it doesn't normally learn crashes the validator, but otherwise everything seems to be working fine.

Alright, I'm not sure if the idea I posted earlier counts as my submission for the week, but in case it didn't, here's a more formalized write-up in the format suggested in the OP (please feel free to remove if the need be):

TRMons
Premise:
Pokemon can hold a TR to learn its move as a 5th move as long as they can learn it natively.
Potential Bans and Threats: TR29 will be banned, as it contains Baton Pass. Other threats remain to be seen, but from the testing I've done nothing seems overtly broken. Magearna may be worth keeping an eye on though, Shift Gear + Calm Mind + 3 coverage moves may be too much to handle.
Questions for the Community: How should TRmons handle moves that interact with items, such as Fling, Switcheroo, Trick, Corrosive Gas, and Knock Off? The way I envision it is that the first four would simply fail when used by or against something holding a TR and Knock Off would maintain its 65 BP, as it does against Mega Stones held by the appropriate mon and Z-crystals. I'm not sure how feasible that would be from a coding standpoint and would appreciate any insight on that front. There's also the question of how to treat TRs for moves that a 'mon can't normally learn. For convenience's sake, I think it might be easiest to just ban holding a TR for a move you can't learn, I really doubt anyone would be running niche Fling sets, and they'd have to be "losable" as Mega Stones are for mons that can't use them (i.e. vulnerable to the moves mentioned previously.)
Playable On: rom.psim.us as TRMons, many thanks to urkerab for coding it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Alright, I've got one here, haven't seen it suggested yet in monotype OMs.

Monotypify
Premise:
Every pokemon on your team will become the primary type of the pokemon in slot 1 (Edit: possible addition: if your slot 1 mon is shiny, it instead donates its secondary typing). Similar to other type-changing metagames, monotyped mons will gain a secondary typing while dual-typed mons will have their secondary typing replaced.
Potential Bans and Threats: Monotype banlist (weather rocks, ubers, type-sweepers, etc). Definitely also want to reban Darm-G.
An obvious issue here is also a monotype issue in general where Steel and Fairy (and Water to an extent) naturally make better monotype teams than other types because the types themselves are better than other types. May be worth considering steel as a disallowed type-set, but I'd have to see the metagame in action before judging if it'll become so homogenous.
May need a blanket ban on Drought/Drizzle, as Fire-ified Chlorophyll sweepers will now get STAB weather balls, and Electrified rain threats will have STAB thunders.
Premier threats I can think of will be 'mons that are good in other typeswap metas (lando-t, mew, lati@s, etc).
Questions for the Community: This metagame has a lot of potential sets due to the degrees of freedom, so I'd like to hear peoples' best attempt to break it. My concern for a meta like this would be the dominance of a single HO strat based on spamming absurd STAB coverage from an offensive threat like Dark/Ground Lando-T or Dragon/Fire Latios. What are your thoughts on the potential homogeneity or diversity of such a metagame if it was to be implemented?

Last edited:
Alright, I've got one here, haven't seen it suggested yet in monotype OMs.

Monotypify
Premise:
Every pokemon on your team will become the primary type of the pokemon in slot 1. Similar to other type-changing metagames, monotyped mons will gain a secondary typing while dual-typed mons will have their secondary typing replaced.
Potential Bans and Threats: Monotype banlist (weather rocks, ubers, type-sweepers, etc). Definitely also want to reban Darm-G.
An obvious issue here is also a monotype issue in general where Steel and Fairy (and Water to an extent) naturally make better monotype teams than other types because the types themselves are better than other types. May be worth considering steel as a disallowed type-set, but I'd have to see the metagame in action before judging if it'll become so homogenous.
May need a blanket ban on Drought/Drizzle, as Fire-ified Chlorophyll sweepers will now get STAB weather balls, and Electrified rain threats will have STAB thunders.
Premier threats I can think of will be 'mons that are good in other typeswap metas (lando-t, mew, lati@s, etc).
Questions for the Community: This metagame has a lot of potential sets due to the degrees of freedom, so I'd like to hear peoples' best attempt to break it. My concern for a meta like this would be the dominance of a single HO strat based on spamming absurd STAB coverage from an offensive threat like Dark/Ground Lando-T or Dragon/Fire Latios. What are your thoughts on the potential homogeneity or diversity of such a metagame if it was to be implemented?
Here are twp cuestions:

Wouldn't it be better if they kept only the type they have in common?
What I mean is that as it is exposed, the flying type would only have 4 possible Pokémon, not counting the pre-evolutions of Corviknight, otherwise exposed, it could end up being too restrictive regarding the creation of teams.

Libero and Protean or similar?
I know it is a very used and used resource in monotype, but personally I think it goes against the main idea of the monotype itself, and even more against the idea of your proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)