Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've got one here, haven't seen it suggested yet in monotype OMs.

Monotypify
Premise:
Every pokemon on your team will become the primary type of the pokemon in slot 1. Similar to other type-changing metagames, monotyped mons will gain a secondary typing while dual-typed mons will have their secondary typing replaced.
Potential Bans and Threats: Monotype banlist (weather rocks, ubers, type-sweepers, etc). Definitely also want to reban Darm-G.
An obvious issue here is also a monotype issue in general where Steel and Fairy (and Water to an extent) naturally make better monotype teams than other types because the types themselves are better than other types. May be worth considering steel as a disallowed type-set, but I'd have to see the metagame in action before judging if it'll become so homogenous.
May need a blanket ban on Drought/Drizzle, as Fire-ified Chlorophyll sweepers will now get STAB weather balls, and Electrified rain threats will have STAB thunders.
Premier threats I can think of will be 'mons that are good in other typeswap metas (lando-t, mew, lati@s, etc).
Questions for the Community: This metagame has a lot of potential sets due to the degrees of freedom, so I'd like to hear peoples' best attempt to break it. My concern for a meta like this would be the dominance of a single HO strat based on spamming absurd STAB coverage from an offensive threat like Dark/Ground Lando-T or Dragon/Fire Latios. What are your thoughts on the potential homogeneity or diversity of such a metagame if it was to be implemented?
That sounds interesting, but I have one suggestion: if the mon in slot 1 is shiny, have it share its secondary type instead of its primary type; perhaps also make it so the other mons have either their primary or their secondary type replaced depending on whether they are shiny.

Here are twp cuestions:

Wouldn't it be better if they kept only the type they have in common?
What I mean is that as it is exposed, the flying type would only have 4 possible Pokémon, not counting the pre-evolutions of Corviknight, otherwise exposed, it could end up being too restrictive regarding the creation of teams.

Libero and Protean or similar?
I know it is a very used and used resource in monotype, but personally I think it goes against the main idea of the monotype itself, and even more against the idea of your proposal.
I'd handle protean whichever way monotype decides to. I don't have any particular opposition to protean mons existing in monotype because they can't be used as safe pivots and protean mons tend to be squishy anyways so it's not like the additional types are giving much more than damage (this is very reductive but this point i think goes beyond just the scope of discussing the metagame).

chartung17 suggested using shinies to typeset to secondary types. This is a great suggestion and would alleviate the flying-type issue. Also would give more flexibility to the meta as a whole.

here's something

Premise: A type's defensive become its offensive matchups and vice versa ( immunities hit super effectively, an interesting effect is types that hit themselves not very now hit themselves super effectively
Potential Bans and Threats: steel, dragon, and fire are great, Kartana and Spectrier will probably be quick banned due too great coverage + attacking stats
Questions for the Community: First I need a name for this obviously I really don't have any ideas for that.
I'd really like too see what cool sets the community comes up with.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
here's something

Premise: A type's defensive become its offensive matchups and vice versa ( immunities hit super effectively, an interesting effect is types that hit themselves not very now hit themselves super effectively
Potential Bans and Threats: steel, dragon, and fire are great, Kartana and Spectrier will probably be quick banned due too great coverage + attacking stats
Questions for the Community: First I need a name for this obviously I really don't have any ideas for that.
I'd really like too see what cool sets the community comes up with.
This is literally Inverse. Please check the OM Index first, before trying to suggest an idea - it might have been done already.

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
I'm afraid I don't understand the caveat about types vs themselves suddenly being super effective...? I would think this matchup shouldn't be touched under the ruleset, as explained? What's the arbitary rule change for?

I'm afraid I don't understand the caveat about types vs themselves suddenly being super effective...? I would think this matchup shouldn't be touched under the ruleset, as explained? What's the arbitary rule change for?
I think (though it's worded kinda confusingly so I might be wrong) it works like this. To use Dark as an example:

Dark is immune to Psychic in vanilla, so Dark is now super effective against Psychic (no change there)
Dark is weak to Bug, Fighting, and Fairy in vanilla, so Dark is now not very effective against Bug, Fighting, and Fairy.
Dark is resistant to Ghost and Dark in vanilla, so Dark is now super effective against Ghost and Dark.

It's not an arbitrary rule. It's just an interesting quirk.

Introduction :

Have you ever dream that Regice have 150 base special attack ? that spam Hyper Beam with Slaking ? or that use a Dragapult who haven't dragon moves ? If you think that, the Retromon tier is for you !
This tier is based on the mechanics of first gen but with all the existing Pokemon.

Rules :

-The Special stat of generation since gen two is the average of the Special Attack and the Special Defense (excepted for the evolutions of first gen Pokemon who have their Special based on the statistic who based the Special of their pre-evolutions, for example, Tangrowth have 110 Special)
-The moves from gen 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 are banned, abilities are banned and EVs are maximized.
-First gen moves have their effects in first gen (Psychic have 33% chance to low the special, Blizzard have 90 accuracy...).
-Pokemon cannot take items.
-Dark, Steel and Fairy types are deleted for the Pokemon who have a double type. If the Pokemon have only one type, Dark type is Psychic type, Steel type is Rock type and Fairy type is Normal type (Psychic type is the special type the most similar to Dark type and Rock type is the physical type the most similar to Steel type).
-Critical hits are based on the speed.
-Freeze is definetely.
-And more.

Ban :

Pokemon :

Mewtwo-Ho-Oh-Lugia-Regice-Groudon-Kyogre-Rayquazza-Deoxys-Deoxys Attack-Deoxys Defense-Deoxys Speed-Dialga-Palkia-Giratina-Arceus-Reshiram-Zekrom-Xerneas--Yveltal-Solgaleo-Lunala-Necrozma Dusk Manes-Necrozma Dawn Wings-Eternatos

Moves :
Sand Attack-Smokescreen-Flash-Confuse Ray (Haxx is very present in gen 1)

Examples

Mantine
- Amnesia
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Substitute
- (80+140)/2=110 Special

Slaking
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Seismic Toss
- (95+65)/2=80 Special

Regice
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave/Explosion
- (100+200)/2=150 Special

Ps: I'm french so my english is not awesome

I made a lot of examples of set, (yup I replied a post which exist since May)

Sprite_378_RS.png
Regice
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave/Explosion

Sprite_291_RS.png
Ninjask
- Slash
- Hyper Beam
- Swords Dance
- Dig
- (50+50)/2=50 Special

Sprite_368_RS.png
Gorebyss
- Clamp
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- (114+75)/2=94.5=95 Special

Sprite_289_RS.png
Slaking
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Seismic Toss
- (95+65)/2=80 Special
Slaking
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Amnesia
- (95+65)/2=80 Special

Sprite_465_♀_DP.png
Tangrowth
- Bind
- Mega Drain
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Tangela's special is based on the special attack so : 110 Special

Last edited:
I made a lot of examples of set, (yup I replied a post which exist since May)

View attachment 313739
Regice
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave/Explosion

View attachment 313740
Ninjask
- Slash
- Hyper Beam
- Swords Dance
- Dig
- (50+50)/2=50 Special

View attachment 313741
Gorebyss
- Clamp
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- (114+75)/2=94.5=95 Special

View attachment 313743
Slaking
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Seismic Toss
- (95+65)/2=80 Special
Slaking
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Amnesia
- (95+65)/2=80 Special

View attachment 313749
Mantine
- Bind
- Mega Drain
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Tangela's special is based on the special attack so : 110 Special
There’s a pet mod that just basically the same thing as this https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...violet-rosered-irisblue.3671956/#post-8718044

Here's a new idea. It opens up some cool Pokemon. If this has been done, let me know.

:swsh/kyurem-black: Forms Unleashed :swsh/kyurem-white:

Premise
In this metagame, every Pokemon in SwSh get access to other Pokémon's formes, including Pokemon forms that got Dexited, meaninng it's like a M&M for formes. How a Pokemon gets a form works like this:

- They get the stat boosts and swaps from the Pokemon's form, 2 new moves from the form's movepool, and it's new additional typing. (For example, if a Magearna chooses Meloetta-Pirouette, it's Special Attack and Defense are swapped with it's Attack and Speed, and it's old Speed stat gets swapped to it's Defense. It's stat spread is 80 / 130 / 65 / 95 / 115 / 115, and it's Steel / Fighting instead of Steel / Fairy.) If using an evolutionary form (Like the Lycanrocs), the Pokemon you choose gets the stat raises it's prevolution gets upon evolution, just like Cross Evolution.

- Also, the Pokemon can get the forms first ability, depending on it's shininess (If your Pokemon is not shiny, it keeps it's own abilities, if it's shiny, it gets the form's ability.) If using Ash-Greninja, you must have Battle Bond. This also applies to types. If your Pokemon isn't shiny, it keeps it original typing, if it is shiny, it takes the forms primary typing.
Rules
Banlist
:deoxys-attack:
:zygarde-10%: :zygarde-complete:
:zacian-crowned:
:eternatus-eternamax:
:calyrex-ice: :calyrex-shadow:(Thanks for pointing out why the Riders should be banned zxgzxg)
Pokemon
:exploud: (Because of Toxtricity)
Items
None yet
Moves
Seed Flare
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
Boomburst
Examples (Will Be Updated)
(:necrozma-dawn-wings:)
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Up To You
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Moongeist Beam / Photon Geyser
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn / Fire Blast / Hydro Pump
- Earth Power / Fire Blast / Thunderbolt
Stat Spread: 88 / 125 / 82 / 130 / 108 / 140
Just like Godly Gift Dragapult, this thing kicks ass. I really don't need to say anything else.
:chansey: (:zamazenta-crowned:)
Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
Ability: Natural Cure / Dauntless Shield
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Stat Spread: 250 / 5 / 35 / 35 / 135 / 40
I guess you can call this an improvement, since Dauntless Shield turns Chansey's 277 Defense to 370, making it an even more annoying Eviolite user.
Resources
If looking for stat boosts and swaps, I recommend going to the Fusion Evolution, that is a Pet Mod. Go the Form Guide on the OP it provides to you how a Pokemon's stats would change when it inherits a form.
Questions
- Should I ban Ash-Greninja?
- What Pokemon would be overwhelming in this metagame?
- Should I unban Exploud?

Have a good day, and I hope the community comes up with some sets!

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Here's a new idea. It opens up some cool Pokemon. If this has been done, let me know.

Premise
In this metagame, every Pokemon in SwSh get access to other Pokémon's formes, including Pokemon forms that got Dexited, meaninng it's like a M&M for formes. How a Pokemon gets a form works like this:

- They get the stat boosts and swaps from the Pokemon's form, 2 new moves from the form's movepool, and it's new additonal typing. (For example, if a Magearna chooses Meloetta-Pirouette, it's Special Attack and Defense are swapped with it's Attack and Speed, and it's old Speed stat gets swapped to it's Defense. It's stat spread is 80 / 130 / 65 / 95 / 115 / 115, and it's Steel / Fighting instead of Steel / Fairy.) If using an evolutionary form (Like the Lycanrocs), the Pokemon you choose gets the stat raises it's prevolution gets upon evolution.

- Also, the Pokemon can get the forms first ability, depending on it's shininess (If your Pokemon is not shiny, it keeps it's own abilities, if it's shiny, it gets the form's ability.) If using Ash-Greninja, you must have Battle Bond. This also applies to types. If your Pokemon isn't shiny, it keeps it original typing, if it is shiny, it takes the forms primary typing.
Rules
Banlist
Calyrex-Ice and Shadow Rider are NOT banned as they just give the Pokemon +20 to all stats, excluding HP.
Pokemon
Items
None yet
Moves
Seed Flare
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
Boomburst
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn / Fire Blast/ Hydro Pump
Just like Godly Gift Dragapult, this thing kicks ass. I really don't need to say anything else.
Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
I guess you can call this an improvement, since Dauntless Shield turns Chansey's 277 Defense to 370, making it an even more Eviolite user.
Questions

Have a good day, and I hope the community comes up with some sets!​
Do in-battle forms activate the same way (Battle Bond has to get a KO, Pirouette has to use Relic Song)?
Also, about the Rider forms, the stat changes really depend on what Pokemon you consider the "base". Showdown lists the rider forms as "Calyrex-Ice" and "Calyrex-Shadow", so if we consider Calyrex as the base, the stat changes are much more complex and drastic than what you have. Also, along with the stat changes, Calyrex gets the "As One" abilities. I would ask how As One would work here, but since the receiver would probably get Chilling Neigh or Grim Neigh regardless, so I think the Rider forms should be banned.
There's also the form changes that don't change abilities, such as Pirouette and the Rotom forms. Would their abilities remained unchanged, or would they receive the abilities of the form (Serene Grace for Pirouette and Levitate for the Rotoms)?

Do in-battle forms activate the same way (Battle Bond has to get a KO, Pirouette has to use Relic Song)?
Also, about the Rider forms, the stat changes really depend on what Pokemon you consider the "base". Showdown lists the rider forms as "Calyrex-Ice" and "Calyrex-Shadow", so if we consider Calyrex as the base, the stat changes are much more complex and drastic than what you have. Also, along with the stat changes, Calyrex gets the "As One" abilities. I would ask how As One would work here, but since the receiver would probably get Chilling Neigh or Grim Neigh regardless, so I think the Rider forms should be banned.
There's also the form changes that don't change abilities, such as Pirouette and the Rotom forms. Would their abilities remained unchanged, or would they receive the abilities of the form (Serene Grace for Pirouette and Levitate for the Rotoms)?
1. Yes. You must have Battle Bond or Relic Song.
2. Yeah, you have a good point. I'll ban them. Also, since I'm banning them, I won't answer that As One question.
3. They would stay the same as the base. If you want to keep the form's ability, make the base shiny.

Thank you for responding!

Premise

- They get the stat boosts and swaps from the Pokemon's form, 2 new moves from the form's movepool, and it's new additonal typing. (For example, if a Magearna chooses Meloetta-Pirouette, it's Special Attack and Defense are swapped with it's Attack and Speed, and it's old Speed stat gets swapped to it's Defense. It's stat spread is 80 / 130 / 65 / 95 / 115 / 115, and it's Steel / Fighting instead of Steel / Fairy.) If using an evolutionary form (Like the Lycanrocs), the Pokemon you choose gets the stat raises it's prevolution gets upon evolution.

Rules
Banlist
:calyrex-ice: :calyrex-shadow:
Pokemon
Items
None yet
Moves
Seed Flare
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
Boomburst
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn / Fire Blast/ Hydro Pump
Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
I guess you can call this an improvement, since Dauntless Shield turns Chansey's 277 Defense to 370, making it an even more Eviolite user.
Questions

Have a good day, and I hope the community comes up with some sets!​
I have a few questions
1. how do you decide what a pokemon's form will be
2. can you get use all forms or only ones in gen 8
3. i know this may sound dumb but which indeedee form is the base

Extremely sorry for the double post, but me and DrPumpkinz have been discussing about stat swaps in Discord for the OM i made. I would like to here you guys thoughts on stat swaps. Should I remove then or not?
i think it point based stat changes is cool and part of what makes it interesting
also i had an idea if you want an alolan, galarian, primal, or a mega form you could name your mon something like "Charizad-Raichu-Alola"

Name Movepool Merge:

Metagame premise
:
Pokemon can put moves out of their Teammates movepools into their own moveslot. If this happens, the lender cant use this move anymore.

Example: Mew learns recover and tapu fini doesnt. Tapu fini can take recover out of mews movepool to use for himself. If it does, Mew cant put recover into his moveslots anymore.

Potential bans and threats:
Mew has an extensive movepool and could help lots of teammates with recovery and boosting options, while still using other recovery and boosting moves himself.

Questions for the community:
Do you think "Move Exchange" or "Mergepool" are more fitting names?
Should there be a limit on the number of moves a Pokemon can borrow?
Should there be a limit on the number of moves a pokemon can lend?
Do you think Abilities should be included in the merge?
Anyone willing to join a council for such a metagame?

Last edited:
Name Movepool Merge:

Metagame premise
:
Pokemon can put moves out of their Teammates movepools into their own moveslot. If this happens, the lender cant use this move anymore.

Example: Mew learns recover and tapu fini doesnt. Tapu fini can take recover out of mews movepool to use for himself. If it does, Mew cant put recover into his moveslots anymore.

Potential bans and threats:
Mew has an extensive movepool and could help lots of teammates.

Do you think "move exchange" is a more fitting name?
1. Personally I prefer "move exchange"
2. I think 2 is a good limit
3. after thinking about this one further it probibly be better if a mon can give as much as it wants
4. No abilities are seperate and the banlist would be far bigger if included
5. I would join it sounds like an interesting meta

Last edited:
Do you think "Move Exchange" or "Mergepool" are more fitting names?
1) I like Mergepool, but probably Move exchange fit better
2)As StephenPlays200 say, 2 is good
3)No
4)No, Abilities no
5)Yes, I'll do if it comes into play

One question, Pokémon will be able to lend the same move to more than one partner?

hey, so i came up with this idea for an OM and i hope you find it at least interesting.

Premise:
it is called modern gen 1, the basic premise is that there are modern pokemon and movepools being played only with gen 1 mechanics(special stat, crit rate bassed off of speed, no new types) etc but movepools will be uptated as well.

Potential threat:
as for threats and potential threats we have a decently sized list in a doc that i posted that goes more in depth into all of this, but a key threat that i would like to mention here is ninjask, being the fastest thing around it has an amazing critical hit ratio of 32%, and since it is the fastest thing in the metagame its uturn is basically a hard switch that can do damage alongside uturn you have another spammable stab in acrobatics since you cant hold items, also with the physical/special mechanics at the time bug buzz is another viable stab for it, and lastly roost gives it some pretty good longevity since with the max evs it can honestly live 1 or 2 hits and roost off the damage, hidden power rock is another move that can go in that slot since ninjask often doesnt have time to roost, sample spread and while we are here, this is the doc use it if you want to see more spesifics

i just want to start off with, is this a good idea? also did i do a good job at explaining the meta?

12+24=18+18 (alternative name: Twice)

Metagame rules:
Each type must be represented twice in your team (18+18) through pokemon types (6 dual types-->12) and/or moves (6x4=24).
Pokemon are not allowed to have moves of their own types.

example:

View attachment 315748

Optional:
-No type overlap in pokemon typings (for example: fire/flying + dragon/flying not allowed)
-No duplicate moves
-No duplicate items
-No duplicate abilities

bans:
-OU ban list
-shedinja

(list will be updated)

threats:
suggestions requested

Is there a similar metagame previously submitted here?
Fairy type moves are hard to fit in this meta. Should hidden power fairy be allowed?

Any suggestions for bans, threats, team builds or in general are appreciated.
1. Hidden Power does not exist in Gen 8.
2. How would you handle single-type mons? Would they all just be banned?
3. Metagames that restrict players tend to be less popular than ones that give more options. Why would players choose to play in these tight constraints?
hey, so i came up with this idea for an OM and i hope you find it at least interesting.

Premise:
it is called modern gen 1, the basic premise is that there are modern pokemon and movepools being played only with gen 1 mechanics(special stat, crit rate bassed off of speed, no new types) etc but movepools will be uptated as well.

Potential threat:
as for threats and potential threats we have a decently sized list in a doc that i posted that goes more in depth into all of this, but a key threat that i would like to mention here is ninjask, being the fastest thing around it has an amazing critical hit ratio of 32%, and since it is the fastest thing in the metagame its uturn is basically a hard switch that can do damage alongside uturn you have another spammable stab in acrobatics since you cant hold items, also with the physical/special mechanics at the time bug buzz is another viable stab for it, and lastly roost gives it some pretty good longevity since with the max evs it can honestly live 1 or 2 hits and roost off the damage, hidden power rock is another move that can go in that slot since ninjask often doesnt have time to roost, sample spread and while we are here, this is the doc use it if you want to see more spesifics

i just want to start off with, is this a good idea? also did i do a good job at explaining the meta?
This contains too many subjective choices to be an OM (eg: How does Hyper Beam work? Is Giga Impact a Hyper Beam clone or does it use later-gen mechanics? Does Sleep Talk use Gen 2 mechanics? How the F does Substitute work???). However, this type of idea has been made into a Pet Mod several times, so I suggest you check out that subforum!
So this is a impromptu idea....
Gen 8 True Anything Goes
In This all mons are allowed
Its essentially Nationel Dex AG
but without any bans.
AG doesn't have any bans to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)