Metalheads United ;D

The trick is to realise that the vocals aren't the important thing but that the riffs and drums are. Once you get an earful of Lombardo behind the kit and how he works in conjunction with the distorted bulldozer that is the rest of slayer you'll feel right.
EXACTLY! I love Tom but really, he's not the leading man in Slayer, LOMBARDO IS! XD I freakin' love Dave Lombardo

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well actually jeff and kerry are because lombardo was out of the band for a bit but thank fuck he's back, lombardo is the man

I just rarely listened to Slayer except reign in blood, where (what i hear) tom usually didn't sing.

anyone here dislikes glam metal? i never get why it was called glam/hair.

Because all of the guys dressed up like girls. Makeup, glitter, everything. As for hair metal, well most of them had really big hair.

Anyway, I mostly listen to old-school metal, Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica, etc. Though Slayer are probably my favorite atm. I'm not a big fan of a most newer metal bands, thought there are some exception. Opeth, Mastodon, and Protest the Hero in particular come to mind. Dream Theater can be great, but a lot of their stuff just seems like they chose technicality over emotion.

Ouch, that must have hurt. :( I didn't see you, though.
yep it did i had 7 people ballanced one 1 knee ouchy... and got a elbow right in the back of the head in that so sent that dude flying ( i think it was him >.>) i almost fell over at one point but used some random persons face to get my ballance back, i also pushed my freind in the pit and he was out 2 sec later after some dude put his toe up my mates ass.

on another note i cant wait till monday i off to see papa roach/Buckchery/bring me the horizon

and if i can find the money i want to go to sonicsphere ( a new metal festival in england who lineup as its the 1st one this year is just WOW

http://uk.sonispherefestival.net/line-up/

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was actually a big glam metal fan. It makes me laugh that they were so outrageous with their wardrobes, but the music itself isn't that bad. i've really started liking a band called "The Darkness" (they're newer to the scene).

But if I must show an alliance, it would be with Randy Blythe and the rest of Lamb of God. Their brutality is super intense, while keeping enough of a blues-y feel that you can still bob your head to it (sorry Job for a Cowboy ;])

I was actually a big glam metal fan. It makes me laugh that they were so outrageous with their wardrobes, but the music itself isn't that bad. i've really started liking a band called "The Darkness" (they're newer to the scene).

But if I must show an alliance, it would be with Randy Blythe and the rest of Lamb of God. Their brutality is super intense, while keeping enough of a blues-y feel that you can still bob your head to it (sorry Job for a Cowboy ;])
Yeah!! I love Lamb of God! ^^ I love Randy Blythe so much I am attempting to turn Blythy into a word. XD

uh...
I'm pretty sure Papa Roach isn't metal.
If anything, it's hard rock / nu metal (according to wikipedia) which we already established is basically mainstream rock

My favorite metal bands are...
Children of Bodom
Nightwish
Arch Enemy
Sinergy
Kamelot
Epica
In Flames
Sonata Arctica
So yeah, i'm really into melodic metal (symphonic, power, melodeath). I'm not a huge 70's or 80's metal fan, but if it comes on the radio in the car I usually enjoy it.

Real metalheads listen to old skool metal \m/! And lol at whoever thinks Linkin Park or Papa Roach is metal, and most rap-metal are shit, but i fuckin love Rage Against The Machine!!

I love Metal, it was Metallica Master of Puppets which began my love of Metal and Music in general. Although i am an avid fan of other genre's, metal has been and always have the first place in my life. Some notable bands which i enjoy:

Sonata Arctica
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Bathory
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Wolfchant
Wintersun
Impaled Nazarene
Amon Amarth
Children of bodom
Norther
Manowar

I listen to black metal like Ulver, Windir, and the aforementioned ones. And no I'm not a real satanist the sig is just for the lulz and to piss off christians.

O shit someone else knows/likes Wolfchant? They are one of my favorite bands along with Wintersun and Ensieferum.
I love Wolfchant, it is a shame that not many listen to em. Some of my favorite tracks are I am War, The Path, The Desire of a Wolf, Of Honor and Pride.
who listens to black metal here?

^are you a real satanist burzum?
I listen to black metal. Stuff like Gorgoroth, Solefad, and Rotting Christ.
I listen to black metal like Ulver, Windir, and the aforementioned ones. And no I'm not a real satanist the sig is just for the lulz and to piss off christians.
I agree, it is always funny when i go outside and i see those people handing out free little bibles and when they offer me one i say "I am a satanist" XD

Altmer

I just rarely listened to Slayer except reign in blood, where (what i hear) tom usually didn't sing.

anyone here dislikes glam metal? i never get why it was called glam/hair.
He sings. His voice is just terribly monotonous. It is almost yelling. But he uses clean vocals.

As for BM I am a picky fucker when it comes to BM.

Emperor, Agalloch, one Ulver album, Wolves in the Throne Room are my favourites. I think there are more but they do not jump to mind at the moment.

When i listen to BM it's usually Mayhem(surprised no one has mentioned this).
Also, it's kinda funny when people at the 70's or 80's thought bands like KISS(Knight In Satan Service), ACDC(Anti Christ/Devil Child)or Alice Cooper were satanists.

Altmer

They were more likely to be some sort of Halloween attraction. Macbeth had more blood than Alice's show. Macbeth's required reading.

Also I don't like Mayhem or the original tr00 kvlt BM. I like my BM forward-thinking.

Does A7X count? They're probably my favorite rite now. I like Slayer but don't listen to much of them (Blood rain FTW) but stuff like Disturbed and Metallica and Black Sabbath yeah man

Yeah Emperor is good even though Isahn is a real satanist lol and Agalloch is great as well.

For Wolfchant my favorite songs are "A Pagan Storm" and "Mourning Red"

And wtf does blood rain ftw mean. You disgraced metal by saying that and bringing a7x here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)