Metalheads United ;D

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Except Rush aren't close to metal in any way. Is 2112 a fantastic song? Yes. Metal? Fuck no.

Huuuuuge metal fan here. I love Devildriver, Lamb of God, Trivium, and some more extreme stuff too, like Bring Me The Horizon, Behemoth and Suicide Silence. I'm kind of in to the 'old' style of metal too, i.e: massive riffage, so Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax and Machine Head. moshmoshmoshmoshmoshpit!

Altmer

Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence aren't extreme. Basically you just named every "popular" metal band on the planet.

And I like some thrash but it gets old so fast. Except Slayer's pre-1990 works, that is awesome shit.

Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence aren't extreme. Basically you just named every "popular" metal band on the planet.

And I like some thrash but it gets old so fast. Except Slayer's pre-1990 works, that is awesome shit.
neither is Devildriver...

Altmer

Yeah but he didn't mention them as extreme. But yeah, you're correct.

I like some LoG and Trivium stuff but you know I don't base my metalness on it - then again I don't think being METUHL is really important.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
you're missing ~job for a cowboy~ and waking the cadaver in your list of ultra brootal bands

I hope you're including the work released in 1990, e.g. Seasons In The Abyss, given that it is by far their best album.

Though I agree that everything after it isn't good at all, Slayer isn't even that great in the first place imo.

EDIT: Also, been listening to a lot of Cynic's Focus lately. Pretty awesome stuff.

Oh man Cynic is so good.

Me and my friends are trying to go on a roadtrip to colorado to see them with Between the Buried and Me.

I love the part around... I think 2 or 3 and a half minutes in the unknown guest.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure over 50% of the posts in this thread is people waving their dick around and saying something "isn't metal".

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
reign in blood and hell awaits are relentless and ferocious. seasons in the abyss and south of heaven are alright but not nearly as focused. anything after is pretty bad.

seasons in the abyss [...] are alright but not nearly as focused.
I'm pretty sure Seasons is more focused compared to their earlier work, given that before their ideas of making solos was just "write names of notes on pieces of paper, hang them on a dart board, have a game of darts. When you're done, just use the notes you hit." and their methods of writing lyrics was "just sing whatever you can that would piss off a nun". Not saying I don't like their earlier stuff, Reign In Blood and Hell Awaits are tied for my second favorite album and South of Heaven comes in third, but still.

Though I do agree anything after Seasons is pretty poor, possibly bar World Painted Blood, which is still the worst "listenable" Slayer album.

I'm pretty sure over 50% of the posts in this thread is people waving their dick around and saying something "isn't metal".
Last I checked that's how pretty much every metal thread is, and probably will be.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
early slayer was natural in its aggression, middle-period slayer was compromised in that department. if you want to call more technical music "focused," you might as well compare some travesty like the sound of perseverance to milestone death metal works that were more simplistic and primal but also more groundbreaking.

any heard of megadeths new album "endgame" now that shit is awsome
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to make the timeless comparison between Megadeth and Metallica here >_> (Between Death Magnetic and Endgame).

Death Magnetic was so much better than Load, ReLoad and St. Anger, but the instrumental touch was just outright lacking. The style is also completely different from traditional Metallica, but this proves not to be a bad thing, since it still sounds pretty cool.

Endgame? Awesome solos, as technical as ever, outright badass. But... It just doesn't have that same Megadeth sound (IMO) and that really hurts my enjoyment of the album a lot.

So really, the two shine in different areas, and I'd say they're about as good as the other.

Altmer

yeah i include seasons in my list.

megadeth sucked after countdown to extinction

and cynic are fantastic

I'm new to this page. My name is kind of a reference to Nightwish, Kamelot, and the Star Wars theme. (Yep, big nerd). My favorite genres are power metal, symphonic metal, gothic metal, and some melodic death metal. My favorite bands are, in no particular order:

Kamelot
Nightwish
In Flames
DragonForce
Lacuna Coil

I've been thinking of checking out Delain. Are they good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)