Metamons - Where every generation shines

I just had a thought, physical Nido might just be good in this meta. It gets physical sludge wave and Earth Power, as well as shadow ball, focus blast, etc. Not to mention mega horn and rock slide as already physical options.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'd probably run a Scarf on it. The higher Attack backed by Sheer Force makes it hit pretty hard even without a Life Orb. Plus 85 Speed is bad and the Scarf gets the jump on +1 Dragonite.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Nidoking @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast/Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball/Megahorn

Something like this maybe? Sludge Wave and Earth Power are great Sheer Force boosted STABs that are now physical. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball are now physical coverage as well, but Megahorn is also a cool option as it remains physical and hits the gen 1 Psychic types very hard, despite not activating Sheer Force. Rock Slide forms EdgeQuake and is more accurate than Stone Edge, but is the same BP thanks to Sheer Force.

This is a really clever meta. A bit difficult to take in, but I think I'm getting a better understanding of it now.

I came to post about Nidoking, but it seems people already have that covered...

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost / Healing Wish
Latias also gets special Sucker Punch now, which is pretty nice. Special priority in general is now much more common. Sucker Punch being resisted by the non-Gen 6 Steels sucks though, leaving Latias walled by most of them unless it fits Hidden Power Fire in there somewhere.

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Calm Mind
"Um, Jaguar...why do I see the sprite of a s****y PU mon?"
Well, with Swift Swim and the second-strongest special Aqua Jet, Golduck may find a decent niche on rain teams in this metagame. Its base 95 Sp. Atk isn't too bad in the rain and when boosted by a Life Orb. Could be an interesting choice...

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Knock Off

Another low tier mon, Shiftry is one of the three four (thanks Maestro) Pokemon capable of Nasty Plot + Sucker Punch (the others being Mew, Houndoom and Kecleon). Not sure how viable it will be, especially with Talonflame lurking around, but it's certainly interesting.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off / Seismic Toss
Poor bunny lost so much of what made it good and it is now restricted to do this mostly. Sap Sipper gives Azu only one weakness to Electric, allowing it to check plenty of Pokemon that normal bulky waters can't. Scald and Knock Off/Seismic Toss give it a tiny bit of offensive presence while it sleeps, allowing it to stay healthy while doing damage.

These guys are the only Fairy resists left. Use them to your advanatage. Talonflame, Doublade and most of the Megas seem like the best checks to them available right now. #FreeVolcanion

Last edited:
This is a really clever meta. A bit difficult to take in, but I think I'm getting a better understanding of it now.

I came to post about Nidoking, but it seems people already have that covered...

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost / Healing Wish
Latias also gets special Sucker Punch now, which is pretty nice. Special priority in general is now much more common. Sucker Punch being resisted by the non-Gen 6 Steels sucks though, leaving Latias walled by most of them unless it fits Hidden Power Fire in there somewhere.

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Calm Mind
"Um, Jaguar...why do I see the sprite of a s****y PU mon?"
Well, with Swift Swim and the second-strongest special Aqua Jet, Golduck may find a decent niche on rain teams in this metagame. Its base 95 Sp. Atk isn't too bad in the rain and when boosted by a Life Orb. Could be an interesting choice...

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Knock Off

Another low tier mon, Shiftry is one of the three Pokemon capable of Nasty Plot + Sucker Punch (the others being Mew and Kecleon). Not sure how viable it will be, especially with Talonflame lurking around, but it's certainly interesting.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off / Seismic Toss
Poor bunny lost so much of what made it good and it is now restricted to do this mostly. Sap Sipper gives Azu only one weakness to Electric, allowing it to check plenty of Pokemon that normal bulky waters can't. Scald and Knock Off/Seismic Toss give it a tiny bit of offensive presence while it sleeps, allowing it to stay healthy while doing damage.

These guys are the only Fairy resists left. Use them to your advanatage. Talonflame, Doublade and most of the Megas seem like the best checks to them available right now. #FreeVolcanion
Actually, houndoom gets NP +sucker punch too, iirc. I think it even mentions it in the OP. But I think shiftree could still be perfectly useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)