SM OU Metronome Lele Offense (Peaked 1650)

Hi. I'm bad and this is my first RMT.
I need to change some things on this team, and can't seem to find what needs to be changed for what.
Now into the pokemon and their roles:
1523395421389.png

NANI??? (Tapu Lele) @ Metronome
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
Metronome Lele can hit like a truck, and it will be able to easily bluff other sets like Specs. The ability to bluff these sets is important as it allows you surprise some threats and achieve some KO's that otherwise you couldn't. Works as a reliable wallbreaker for the team early game.
1523395535152.png

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Abuser of terrain. Hits hard and is able to function as a win-con in a lot of games. Trace is pretty cool as it allows me to use swift swim Vs. Rain and counter team. Not so sure about having substitute, as it seems that people rarely switch on this thing.
1523395633113.png

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog
Kartana functions as a really good scarfer that is usually my late-game sweeper. Also my only way of hazard removal. Forces switches a lot, and is generally an ok pivot if I predict switches.
1523395745066.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Balance breaker. Does a great job of pressuring balance teams and often is able to take multiple pokemon out of the battle when against balance. I'm running lefties over Firium because the team already has a Z move user.
1523395876342.png

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
Rocker, normally my lead and is able to get up rocks VS. a lot of leads. Often loses to other Landorous leads because I don't have HP Ice. Flyinium because it gives my team a chance against Hawlucha.
1523395954878.png

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
SubSD Bulu is pretty good. It's able to do tons of damage, thanks to terrain. Sub allows it to set up on switches or passive mons like Pex or skarm. Not exactly sure if I should keep him on the team, as it doesn't always help.

-------------------------------Threats-----------------------------------------
Hawlucha-This mon is able to beat pretty much my whole team. If lando is chipped down Hawlucha will beat the team.
Rain-In general Rain is a difficult style for the team to beat, despite being able to trace Swift swim. It's able to beat my team 1V1.
Koko-Koko beats pretty much every mon on the team, and I can't use Bulu to be able to beat it as I lack AV.
Zard Y- Zard Y beats the majority of the team, it it outspeeds and resists scarf Karts attacks.
Kartana-Both Kartana sets give this team trouble, scarf more so as it beats most of the team when tran is removed.

-------------------------------Replays-----------------------------------------
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724207929
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-725310499 Dismantling Veil lol
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-725371902 Flyinium being able to turn what would seem like setup bait into a kill

Thanks for reading my RMT.

Attachments

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, this is a cool looking Zam + Lele team. As you mentioned the team struggles with rain. Kartana and Zygarde can also be problematic as Landorus lacks HP Ice and Bulu is offensive. The same goes for Koko.

787.png--> 465.png
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I don't think a non-AV Bulu is worth keeping on the team. It doesn't help much defensively and Grassy terrain can get in the way of Psychic Terrain.

AV Tangrowth should help vs Tapu Koko, Rain, Zygarde and Kartana to some extent.

485.pngleftovers.png--> chopleberry.png
Heatran @ Chople Berry
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

This change is probably less important but Chople Berry on Heatran helps vs Kartana and the rare Zard Y (since you can poison them without taking too much).

Keep in mind though that Heatran can be easier to wear down without Leftovers.

065-m.png Substitute --> Knock Off

The main reason for this change is to help out vs stall, which can be a bit more annoying with Bulu gone.

Knock Off removes Chansey's eviolite and all leftovers, to make wearing down the team easier.

I hope these changes are helpful and best of luck with the team :]

Importable
~~786.png065-m.png798.png485.png645-s.png465.png~~​

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hi. I'm bad and this is my first RMT.
I need to change some things on this team, and can't seem to find what needs to be changed for what.
Now into the pokemon and their roles:
View attachment 110366
NANI??? (Tapu Lele) @ Metronome
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
Metronome Lele can hit like a truck, and it will be able to easily bluff other sets like Specs. The ability to bluff these sets is important as it allows you surprise some threats and achieve some KO's that otherwise you couldn't. Works as a reliable wallbreaker for the team early game.
View attachment 110368
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Abuser of terrain. Hits hard and is able to function as a win-con in a lot of games. Trace is pretty cool as it allows me to use swift swim Vs. Rain and counter team. Not so sure about having substitute, as it seems that people rarely switch on this thing.
View attachment 110369
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog
Kartana functions as a really good scarfer that is usually my late-game sweeper. Also my only way of hazard removal. Forces switches a lot, and is generally an ok pivot if I predict switches.
View attachment 110370
Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Balance breaker. Does a great job of pressuring balance teams and often is able to take multiple pokemon out of the battle when against balance. I'm running lefties over Firium because the team already has a Z move user.
View attachment 110371
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
Rocker, normally my lead and is able to get up rocks VS. a lot of leads. Often loses to other Landorous leads because I don't have HP Ice. Flyinium because it gives my team a chance against Hawlucha.
View attachment 110372
Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
SubSD Bulu is pretty good. It's able to do tons of damage, thanks to terrain. Sub allows it to set up on switches or passive mons like Pex or skarm. Not exactly sure if I should keep him on the team, as it doesn't always help.

-------------------------------Threats-----------------------------------------
Hawlucha-This mon is able to beat pretty much my whole team. If lando is chipped down Hawlucha will beat the team.
Rain-In general Rain is a difficult style for the team to beat, despite being able to trace Swift swim. It's able to beat my team 1V1.
Koko-Koko beats pretty much every mon on the team, and I can't use Bulu to be able to beat it as I lack AV.
Zard Y- Zard Y beats the majority of the team, it it outspeeds and resists scarf Karts attacks.
Kartana-Both Kartana sets give this team trouble, scarf more so as it beats most of the team when tran is removed.

-------------------------------Replays-----------------------------------------
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724207929
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-725310499 Dismantling Veil lol
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-725371902 Flyinium being able to turn what would seem like setup bait into a kill

Thanks for reading my RMT.
Hey Lugia Proto, Psyspam seems to be really popular in the RMT section. There are some things I would change about this team, though I do like the look of some things.

I agree with DKM's suggestion of Tangrowth over Tapu Bulu for the same reasons as they posted.

While I do think that the Modest Metronome Tapu Lele with Thunderbolt is an innovative idea to deal with Celesteela, I personally believe that Timid far outclasses Modest in most cases. You are able to outspeed many important things such as Landorus, Zygarde, speed-tie with Kyurem and many other mons in the surrounding speed-tier. I also think that you could give it Electrium-Z instead, or make it a Calm Mind variant. Sets:

NANI??? (Tapu Lele) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
. If Stealth Rocks are up and you Psyshock/Moonblast on the switch, you will OHKO on the following turn with Gigavolt Havoc. A Protect from your opponent (unless they suspect the Gigavolt Havoc) in that scenario is a misplay, as they don't gain anything if you switch whereas the easy play is to click Leech Seed, so unlikely to occur. Calcs:
252 SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 326-384 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 80-94 (20.1 - 23.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think that Mew offers more help against things such as Hawlucha sweeping you or Medicham getting a kill every time it comes in. A set I would go for is

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Wisp is for Medicham/Lopunny/Hawlucha, Ice Beam is for Hawlucha, Zygarde and Landorus. The 240 EVs in HP put Mew's HP at 401 which has a remainder of 1 divided by 16. That may sound very arcane but, because of the game's mechanics, it maximises the amount you get back from Leftovers recovery. The 184 EVs in Speed with the Timid nature means that you always outspeed Landorus-Therian at max speed, which is good because the Z-Move Landorus set easily forces you to sacrifice a Pokemon. The rest is dumped in Defense to take physical attacks from all these mons it tries to check.

I also agree with DragonKnightmaster that Knock Off over Substitute on Alakazam as a way to deal with Chansey. It is also useful for Assault Vest Magearna that might try to switch in on you.

Blacephalon is also a massive problem for you. Heatran can come in only so many times against it. In fact it can't come in on Specs or +1: 252 SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 208-246 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
To better this matchup, I suggest swapping Heatran for Choice Band Tyranitar. This mon also hits balance hard and can weaken opposing Landorus for your Kartana to sweep late game. It also has the option of Pursuit-trapping mons for chip damage for your later sweep. Fire Punch is for Ferrothorn and Magearna that may believe they can switch in on it. Punching holes in these mons opens doors for your sweepers.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 244 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
The EVs mean that it outspeeds the standard Tyranitar set while keeping the same amount of HP.

Here is the importable version of the team with my changes:
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off

NANI??? (Tapu Lele) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 244 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
I hope you like the changes. If you feel as though I may be overlooking something or if you have any questions, please let me know. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)