Doubles Mew [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
[OVERVIEW]

Mew is one of the most versatile support choices in the Doubles OU metagame, thanks to its large movepool, decent bulk and relatively high Speed. Its main uses are providing Tailwind, setting up entry hazards like Stealth Rock, and helping Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde and Kyurem-B set up with moves like Fake Out and Pollen Puff. Mew is often used as a lead, to set up either speed control or hazards early on, or as a mid-game Tailwind enabler. Pokemon with strong spread moves, such as Choice Band Zygarde and Heatran, benefit from Mew's ability to reliably set Tailwind. Pokemon such as Genesect, Incineroar, and Tyranitar can threaten Mew with super effective attacks; teammates such as Heatran, Zygarde, and Urshifu-R can make use of Tailwind to put pressure on these threats. Due to an average Special Attack stat and lack of strong moves, Mew finds itself lacking in offensive pressure, which can allow opponents to reposition their Pokémon or set up.

[SET]
name: Tailwind Support
move 1: Fake Out / Pollen Puff
move 2: Ice Beam / Pollen Puff
move 3: Tailwind
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Sitrus Berry
ability: Synchronise
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Fake Out can generate free turns for your allies to switch, set up speed control, or attack safely. Besides Zeraora, Mew is the fastest relevant Fake Out user in the tier, allowing for more control against other Fake Out users.

* Ice Beam is Mew’s offensive option, hitting Zygarde and Landorus-T for 4x damage and chipping other common threats such as Rillaboom.

* Pollen Puff heals allies and goes through Substitute, which benefits setup Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde and Kyurem-B, as well as Pokemon like Eruption Heatran that appreciate HP boosts. However, you lose out on either Fake Out utility or Ice Beam coverage.

* Tailwind enables slower teammates such as Heatran, Volcanion, and Zygarde to become real threats by outspeeding Pokemon such as Urshifu-R, Kartana, Zeraora, and Rillaboom.

* Stealth Rock weakens Pokemon such as Kyurem-B and Volcanion, putting them in range of KOs, and can dissuade opponents from making switches, lest they rack up too much chip damage.

* Sitrus Berry increases Mew's longevity, turning a 2HKO from Rillaboom's Wood Hammer into a 3HKO, for example.

* Maximum Speed investment allows Mew to set Tailwinds before Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, and Urshifu-R move, allowing slower teammates to outspeed them immediately. The Speed also allows Mew to outspeed Zygarde and hit it with Ice Beam.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options:
=============

Other solid coverage moves include Flamethrower to hit Genesect and Kartana and Earth Power to hit Volcanion and Heatran, depending on what the team is weak to. Coaching can support Zygarde, Kyurem-B, Urshifu-R, and other Pokemon, but it cuts into more valuable moves. Mew also has use as a setup sweeper, carrying Nasty Plot or Power Herb and Meteor Beam, although its Special Attack can be lackluster at times. Safety Goggles is another option over Sitrus Berry; it allows Mew to ignore Spore and Rage powder, although this is generally less useful and typically not worth the sacrifice of longevity. Taunt is a way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Spore, and other status moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Crunchman, 546393]]
- Quality checked by: [[Yoda2798, 243662], [zeefable, 501951]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Overview
  • "Mew's 100 - 100 - 100 bulk in HP, Def and SpDef make it a balanced and tanky mon that can be fine-tuned to cover different weaknesses of a team" - don't know what you mean by balanced here (balanced defences? that's not really notable) so I'd remove it, also Mew's bulk isn't what makes it adaptable; its good movepool is what does that, which you mention last sentence, but the way it's structured makes it sound like it's from the bulk. I'd combine the first two sentences, and move the bit about fine-tuning to with the movepool. I'd also change your mention of stats to them all being 100 (to include Speed and be simpler), and add a mention of it being relatively fast in here.
  • "Combined with its access to a large selection of status moves" - don't need to say this again, you already mentioned Mew's movepool. I'd instead start the sentence with something like "This makes Mew...".
  • "Mew also brings one of the best moves in the format, fake out, to the table." - you say "also" here like you didn't already indirectly mention it in the last sentence with supporting setup. I'd remove this sentence and add something like "with moves such as Fake Out and Pollen Puff" to the end of the last sentence.
  • "Because of Mew's large range of roles, it can bring elements of surprise to your team, as well as keep your opponent guessing." - remove this sentence, we don't want to promote surprise factor as a reason to use something. Mew is also going to be some form of Tailwind support 90+% of the time, it's usually not going to have anything too surprising.
  • "Its fantastic bulk allows it to eat most hits and setup what needs to be setup." - delete this, you already talked about its good bulk.
  • You don't talk about teammates outside of Zygarde for setup (where you should specify it's Dragon Dance by the way, and add Kyurem-Black as well), so you should add a sentence here talking about them. The biggest category is strong attackers who appreciate speed control, e.g. CB Zygarde and Heatran, as they benefit from Mew's support and make up for its passivity. You also need to talk about specific Pokemon which check Mew, such as Dragapult, Gensect, and Incineroar, then possible teammates to help deal with them, like Tapu Fini or Volcanion.
  • "Mew's weaknesses consist of a tendency to be passive once its usage has been exhausted exacerbated by a lack of pivot moves, making it awkward to move Mew off the field without a valuable teammate taking hits." - don't think "once its usage has been exhausted" quite makes sense, I'd replace "usage" with "support moves". Also I'd say "especially" rather than "once", it's still fairly passive even when it can click support moves. As for the part about pivot moves, I'd remove that. Mew does actually have access to pivot moves (it's used U-turn last gen, and also learns Volt Switch), it just typically doesn't carry them. More importantly, lacking a pivot move isn't a major drawback, the vast majority of Pokemon don't have one.
  • "When Mew is not switched off the field, it may not be able to live long enough to setup another tailwind, leaving the rest of your team to flounder." - remove this, don't think this is a good point to make.
  • "Mew also does not pressure opponents by itself - it can lend time for your enemies to setup or reposition with little drawback." - you're saying "also" again here, but you've already mentioned Mew's passivity so this is just repeating yourself again. You could instead start the sentence with something like "Mew's passivity can lend time...", and also mention U-turn specifically (which is super effective against Mew), when talking about repositioning.
Set
  • Make the move order Fake Out, Ice Beam, Tailwind, Stealth Rock (same slashes) or I will cry. Speaking of order, your bullet points should follow the order of the set, i.e. the moves in that order, then item/spread after. I'll still talk about your points in the current order though.
  • "The HP investment helps maximize Mews bulk - . For Mews running transform, HP is important because that is the only stat carried over when you transform into a different pokemon. It allows Mew to be more durable to ensure it fulfills its support role. " - don't mention Transform, that's not main set. Also not sure what's going on at the end of the first sentence or if you forgot something, but you can combine the first and last sentences here. The EV spread should also all be in one point, so Speed investment should be mentioned here as well.
  • "The speed stats allow Mew to setup fast tailwinds, as well as outspeed Zygarde with ice beam and outspeed all prominent fake out users besides Zeraora. However, Mew is still slower than Kartana, another prominent tailwind user, and speed ties with fast Zapdos." - as mentioned above, the Speed investment should be in a point together with HP. Don't mention outspeeding other Fake Out users here, you already do that without the investment. Mentioning other Tailwind users specifically doesn't seem worthwhile here, you could combine tying fast Zapdos into the first sentence though. Instead of saying "fast tailwinds", I'd mention specifically what you outspeed with the investment, e.g. something like "Max Speed allows Mew to set Tailwind before Pokemon like Urshifu-R or Kyurem-Black move, allowing slower teammates to immediately outspeed".
  • "Sitrus Berry increases Mew's longevity, making it easier to setup tailwind and then to survive long enough to setup another tailwind. It turns a 2HKO from unboosted 252 ATK Genesect U-turn into a 3HKO, for example." - you don't need to specify 252 Atk here.
  • "Tailwind is one of the strongest methods of speed control. Mew with speed investments is one of the faster mons in the meta, and can enable slower teammates to become real threats." - you don't need to mention Mew's Speed here, that's already done elsewhere. You can also combine the two sentences together here.
  • "Fake Out allows Mew to further serve its role as a support pokemon. Fake Out can disrupt your opponents strategies, as well as allow your ally Pokemon to hit defenseless opponents or setup." - first sentence seems unnecessary. You can mention here that Mew is the second fastest Fake Out user behind Zeraora.
  • "Stealth Rocks helps weaken Pokemon for easy knockouts, and they can dissuade opponents from making too many pivots. Toxic spikes can be run as well; many teams do not carry poison types or hazard clearers, and the passive damage can be helpful for chipping offensive mons and crippling defensive mons." - don't mention Toxic Spikes here, that should be in Other Options. Saying SR provides "easy knockouts" is an overstatement, it would be more accurate to say something like it "helps put Pokemon into KO range". Also, "making too many pivots" isn't right, it should either be "making too many switches" or "pivoting too much".
  • "Ice Beam is simply a fantastic coverage move - hits Zygarde and Salamence for 4x, and chips other common threats, while making sure Mew does not become a burden." - "fantastic" is overselling it a tad IMO, maybe something closer to "great" instead. Salamence is an unmon, mention Landorus-Therian instead. Saying "while making sure Mew does not become a burden" is ambiguous, you should specify that it gives Mew some offensive presence/helps it avoid being too passive.
  • "Pollen Puff heals allies and can also be used as a coverage move. Setup teams and Pokemon like Heatran which appreciate HP boosts benefit the most." - Pollen Puff isn't used as a "coverage move" really, it's there for the healing primarily and does very little offensively, especially if you have Ice Beam already. You should also mention the downside of using it over one of the other moves, Mew either loses Fake Out utility or most of its offensive ability in Ice Beam. I'd specify Eruption Heatran, so it's clearer why it appreciates the healing.
Other Options
  • "Other solid coverage moves for the fourth moveslot include Thunderbolt (rain/Fini, typically not as useful), Flamethrower (Genesect), Earth Power (Heatran/Volcanion), and Toxic to use on bulky mons (especially Porygon2); this is a moveslot you can use to cover some of your teams weaknesses." - say "an attack" rather than a moveslot number. Remove Thunderbolt, I've never seen it and it sounds bad. I'd remove Toxic as well, other Pokemon are far better at using it and Mew gets Toxic Spikes. You should also write the sentence out more fully than just listing what each move hits in brackets. For the last part of the sentence "this is a moveslot you can use to cover some of your teams weaknesses", this could be shortened to something like "depending on what the team is weak to".
  • Delete Icy Wind, that's just a much worse Tailwind.
  • "Trick room is an option for providing another form of speed control, and denying opposing trick room; Imprison + Transform can be run with this set to nullify a Pokemon on your opponent's team and stop Trick Room, while keeping Mew productive on the field." - remove "while keeping Mew productive on the field", that's unnecessary fluff. You also don't need to mention stopping Trick Room twice, I'd change the second mention to "and force them to struggle or switch".
  • "Mew can also function as a support Pokemon for setup strategies, most notably Zygarde. For these strategies, Stealth Rock can be replaced with Coaching in combination with Fake Out to generate free turns and Pollen Puff to restore HP." - this first sentence by it self just repeats what you say in the Overview, this would all make far more sense condensed to one sentence. You also don't need to specify what move Coaching replaces, or repeat what other moves do, this should be focused on the option you're talking about (Coaching). I'd also mention more than just Zygarde, probably Metagross as well.
  • "Mew also has some more niche use as a setup sweeper - Nasty Plot, or Power Herb and Meteor Beam, can provide strong offense, and Cosmic Power - Stored Power - Body Press present a powerful tandem that makes Mew incredibly bulky while making use of that bulk. Roost and Soft-Boiled allow Mew to have longevity." - firstly, you don't need to mention this is niche, that's what Other Options is for. I'd split offensive/defensive setup into separate sentences, and add recovery into the defensive one. Saying "can provide strong offense" doesn't feel right, I'd say something more like "lets Mew take on an offensive role". I'd add "making use of that bulk offensively" to make clear what you mean. You can just mention one of Roost/Soft-boiled since they do the same thing, also make clear you should only use it with Cosmic Power, it's not worthwhile otherwise. Also, I'm 95% sure that's now how you use the word "tandem" properly.
  • "Safety Goggles are another option over Sitrus Berry; this allows Mew to hit Zygarde supported by Amoonguss and ignore Spores and weather damage. However, this is a fairly narrow usage, and typically not worth the sacrifice of bulk." - hitting Zygarde beside Amoonguss is a bit specific to mention, ignoring weather damage is also pretty inconsequential and not the reason to use it. This can also be made into just one sentence.
  • Add Taunt, which is good mostly for Trick Room but also helps against Amoonguss.

There's many times where you repeat saying the same thing, which you should avoid doing, or say things which are kind of fluff. Also, you sometimes split related points into separate sentences, making them appear unrelated even though they are. Tag me once implemented so I can look over again before I stamp.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Yoda2798 Implemented
Tandem: a group of two or more arranged one behind the other or used or acting in conjunction
In any case, I rephrased the sentence where it appeared so it's no longer there
Also, a question: why is it pollen puff over ice beam? rocks seem more expendable

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
The sentences in the Overview are still structured weirdly, you didn't combine points from your second sentence into the first, and you have examples of setup Pokemon in the sentence after mentioning supporting setup. I'd restructure the first few sentences to something like the following:
"Mew is one of the most versatile Pokemon in the Doubles OU metagame, due to its wide range of moves and all base 100 statline letting it be fine-turned to whatever a team needs. Mew is a premier choice for support, with its main uses being to provide speed control, set up entry hazards, and facilitate the setup of Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde and Kyurem-Black. Strong Pokemon who benefit from tailwind support, such as Choice Band Zygarde and Heatran, also pair well with Mew."
Also you say "Mew's weaknesses" but then really only talk about one (its passivity), I'd say something like its "biggest weakness" instead.

For the set, move the spread and item bullet points to after the moves, like I mentioned before. Also for "The set also outspeeds Zygarde with ice beam." it doesn't outspeed it with Ice Beam, it outspeeds it (from the spread) and can hit it with Ice Beam.

Your point about Safety Goggles in Other Options could be condensed, you don't need to mention hitting setup in particular. I'd make it something like the following:
"Safety Goggles are another option over Sitrus Berry; this allows Mew to ignore Spore and Rage Powder, however, this is generally less useful and typically not worth the sacrifice of bulk."

This is looking better now, do these for QC 1/2.

add remove comment highlight

[OVERVIEW]

Mew is one of the most versatile Pokemon in the Doubles OU metagame, due to its wide range of moves. Combined with its decent stats and relatively fast speed, Mew is a premier choice for support. this would flow a lot better if you combined sentences 1 and 2 Its main uses are providing speed control, setting up entry hazards, and facilitating the setup of Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde or Kyurem-B. Strong Pokemon you can clarify these are spread move users, since those are typically the Pokemon that can get the most damage on the board in the few turns that tailwind provides a boost who benefit from tailwind support, such as Choice Band Zygarde and Heatran, pair well with Mew. Pokemon such as Genesect, Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Dragapult threaten Mew; teammates such as Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Urshifu-R can make use of tailwind and put pressure on these threats. this is REALLY disjointed from the rest of the opening statements, I think you can do a better job leading into this. Why do these Pokemon threaten mew? Mew is a Pokemon that is often used as a lead, either to setup speed control or to setup hazards early on, or as a mid-game tailwind enabler. Mew's biggest weakness is a tendency to be passive, especially once its status moves have been exhausted. Mew usually does not pressure opponents, which can give your enemies time to setup or reposition freely with moves such as U-Turn, which hit Mew super effectively. you're kind of repeating yourself in these sentences without much elaboration. I would reword this to say that mew lacks offensive pressure. opposing pokemon and foes are usually the words used in this context btw. I think mentioning U-turn hitting mew for SE isn't really important to its overall lack of offensive pressure. You could also elaborate on why this is, an average spatk stat, no investment, etc

overall these sentences feel a little abrupt and the flow is off, so I think rewording them will help a lot. not too many concerns about the content itself

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Fake Out can disrupt your opponents strategies, as well as allow your ally Pokemon to hit defenseless opponents or setup. You can generalize those last statements by saying something along the lines of "generates free turns for its allies". Besides Zeraora, Mew is the fastest Fake Out user. i agree with the previous QC that this should be mentioned, but it feels like you can be a bit more descriptive of this. adding a word like "common" or "relevant" helps here.

* Ice Beam is a great coverage move, as it hits Zygarde and Landorus-T for 4x and chips other common threats such as Rillaboom, while allowing Mew to have an offensive presence. If you swap this around and say "Ice Beam is Mew's Offensive Coverage, ..." it lets you cut out some fluff.

* Pollen Puff heals allies. this is dex info. you should be expanding upon why this is relevant, and list specific examples of Pokemon that enjoy are prone to being worn down that enjoy the recovery. Zygarde, Kyub, and Fini all come to mind as setup options. Setup teams and Pokemon like Eruption Heatran which appreciate HP boosts benefit the most. However, you lose out on either Fake Out utility or Ice Beam coverage.

* Tailwind is one of the strongest methods of speed control, enabling slower teammates examples here please to become real threats. how so? what are they outspeeding?

* Stealth Rocks helps put opposing Pokemon in KO range, and they can dissuade opponents from making too many switches. I'd mention the partners that take advantage of this the most. Rocks chip is always relevant but its mostly offensive Pokemon that will get the near-miss KOes turned into OHKOes.

* Sitrus Berry increases Mew's longevity, making it easier to setup tailwind and its other moves. It turns a 2HKO from unboosted Genesect U-turn into a 3HKO, for example.

* The HP investment helps maximize Mews bulk to ensure it fulfills its support role. Max speed stats allows Mew to set tailwinds before Genesect scarf is so common and you already have three good mentions, it feels a bit off key to include gene, Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, and Urshifu-R move, allowing slower teammates to outspeed immediately. The speed also allows Mew to outspeed Zygarde and hit it with ice beam. However, Mew speed ties with fast Zapdos, another tailwind user.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options:
=============

Other solid coverage moves include Flamethrower to cover Genesect and Kartana and Earth Power to cover Volcanion and Heatran, depending on what the team is weak to. Trick room is an option for providing another form of speed control, and denying opposing trick room; Imprison + Transform can be run to force an opposing Pokemon to Struggle or switch. Coaching can help support Zygarde and Metagross Urshifu or Kyub are definitely better mentions here, or other Pokemon that benefit from the increased bulk and power. Mew also has use as a setup sweeper. Offensively, it can carry Nasty Plot, or Power Herb and Meteor Beam. you can merge these for better flow Defensively, Mew has access to Cosmic Power, and can make use of the bulk offensively with Stored Power and Body Press, while Roost provides recovery. have never seen this ever Safety Goggles are another option over Sitrus Berry; this allows Mew to ignore Spore and Rage powder, although this is generally less useful and typically not worth the sacrifice of bulk. Taunt is another way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Amoonguss, and other status users.

something to keep in mind with OO is that it's important to reinforce the opportunity cost of running these moves, there's a reason they aren't on the standard set.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Yoda2798, 243662], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

I would like to take another look at this. When revising, please remember to double check your grammar and capitalization of Pokemon related nouns.

let's wrap it up
[OVERVIEW]

Mew is one of the most versatile support choices in the Doubles OU metagame, thanks to its large movepool, decent bulk and relatively fast speed. Its main uses are providing speed control, setting up entry hazards, and facilitating the setup of Pokémon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde or Kyurem-B. elaborate on the specifics of these. providing Tailwind. supporting setup users with Fake Out and Pollen Puff, you get the idea Pokemon with strong spread moves, such as Choice Band Zygarde and Heatran, benefit from Mew's role as a reliable Tailwind setter tailwind support and thus pair well with Mew. Pokemon such as Genesect, Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Dragapult threaten Mew with super effective attacks; teammates such as Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Urshifu-R can make use of tailwind to put pressure on these threats. they do not need Tailwind to threaten these Pokemon always, take something like Urshifu-R into Incineroar. Also three Water-types is an odd mention imo, these partners can def be reworked to mention the likes of Zygarde, Heatran, Kyub etc Mew is a Pokemon that is often used as a lead, either to setup speed control or to setup hazards early on, or as a mid-game tailwind enabler. This is in the wrong spot entirely, once you start mentioning a Pokemon's downsides it should really stay that way for the rest of the overview. Move this to earlier in the paragraph Due to an average special attack stat and lack of strong moves, Mew finds itself lacking in offensive pressure, which can allow opponents to reposition their Pokémon or set up.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Fake Out can generate free turns for your allies to switch, setup speed control, or attack safely. Besides Zeraora, Mew is the fastest relevant Fake Out user in the tier, allowing for more flexibility against other Fake Out users. flexibility is the wrong word here. basically I just want you to elaborate that there is merit in having a faster fakeout than Rillaboom/Incineroar/Blastoise

* Ice Beam is Mew’s offensive coverage, hitting Zygarde and Landorus-T for 4x and chipping other common threats such as Rillaboom, while allowing Mew to have an offensive presence. is offensive coverage ... allowing to have an offensive presence just feels like fluff. Ice Beam's purpose is pretty simple

* Pollen Puff heals allies and goes through substitute, which benefits setup Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde or Kyurem-B and Pokemon like Eruption Heatran which appreciate HP boosts.

* Tailwind is one of the strongest methods of speed control, enabling enables this is somewhat subjective slower teammates such as Heatran, Volcanion, and Zygarde to become real threats by outspeeding Pokemon such as opposing Urshifu-R, Kartana, Zeraora, and Rillaboom.

* Stealth Rocks chips Pokemon such as Kyurem-B and Volcanion, allows for Rillaboom to have a guaranteed KO on Urshifu-R, really specific mention of a Pokemon that isn't mew and can dissuade opponents from making too many switches. elaborate on this, they rack up too much chip damage etc etc

* Sitrus Berry increases Mew's longevity, making it easier to setup tailwind and its other moves. It turnings a 2HKO from unboosted Genesect U-turn into a 3HKO, for example. feel like there's a better calc you can look into than this since gene being boosted is like, not unlikely

* The HP investment helps maximize Mews bulk to ensure it fulfills its support role. Max speed stats allows Mew to set tailwinds before Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, and Urshifu-R move, allowing slower teammates to outspeed immediately. The speed also allows Mew to outspeed Zygarde and hit it with ice beam. However, Mew speed ties with fast Zapdos, another tailwind user.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options:
=============

Other solid coverage moves include Flamethrower to cover hit Genesect and Kartana and Earth Power to cover hit Volcanion and Heatran, depending on what the team is weak to. Trick room is an option for providing another form of speed control, and denying opposing trick room; Imprison + Transform can be run to force an opposing Pokemon to Struggle or switch, at the cost of two valuable moveslots. these are both bad and can be removed, there are better trick room setters and the imprison + transform set is just. not it Coaching can help support Zygarde, Kyurem-B, Urshifu-R, and other Pokemon that benefit from the increased bulk and power, but makes Mew incredibly passive mew is already a passive Pokemon by nature, I think you just should say something along the lines of "cuts into its more valuable moves". Mew also has use as a setup sweeper, carrying Nasty Plot or Power Herb and Meteor Beam, although its special attack can be lackluster at times. necrozma moment Safety Goggles are another option over Sitrus Berry; this allows Mew to ignore Spore and Rage powder, although this is generally less useful and typically not worth the sacrifice of bulk. Taunt is another way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Amoonguss, and other status users.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

read my comments thoroughly. you should also read the grammar and spelling standards and make an effort to give this a touch up before sending to GP

QC 2/2

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Mew is one of the most versatile support choices in the Doubles OU metagame, thanks to its large movepool, decent bulk, (AC) and relatively fast speed. high Speed. Its main uses are providing Tailwind, setting up entry hazards like Stealth Rock, and facilitating the setup of Pokémon helping Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde or and Kyurem-B set up with moves like Fake Out or and Pollen Puff. Mew is a Pokemon that is often used as a lead, either to setup to set up either speed control or hazards early on, or as a mid-game Tailwind (caps) enabler. Pokemon with strong spread moves, such as Choice Band Zygarde and Heatran, benefit from Mew's ability to reliably set Tailwind. Pokemon such as Genesect, Incineroar, and Tyranitar can threaten Mew with super effective attacks; teammates such as Heatran, Zygarde, and Urshifu-R can make use of Tailwind (caps) to put pressure on these threats. Due to an average Special Attack (caps) stat and a lack of strong moves, Mew finds itself lacking in offensive pressure, which can allow opponents to reposition their Pokemon (removed E accent) or set up.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Fake Out can generate free turns for your allies to switch, setup set up speed control, or attack safely. Besides Zeraora, Mew is the fastest relevant Fake Out user in the tier, allowing for more control against other Fake Out users.

* Ice Beam is Mew’s offensive coverage, option, hitting Zygarde and Landorus-T for 4x damage and chipping other common threats such as Rillaboom.

* Pollen Puff heals allies and goes through Substitute, (caps) which benefits setup Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Zygarde or and Kyurem-B, (AC) and as well as Pokemon like Eruption Heatran which that appreciate HP boosts. However, you lose out on either Fake Out utility or Ice Beam coverage.

* Tailwind enables slower teammates such as Heatran, Volcanion, and Zygarde to become real threats by outspeeding Pokemon such as opposing Urshifu-R, Kartana, Zeraora, and Rillaboom.

* Stealth Rock weakens Pokemon such as Kyurem-B and Volcanion, putting them in range of KOs, and can dissuade opponents from making switches, (AC) lest they rack up too much chip damage.

* Sitrus Berry increases Mew's longevity, turning a 2HKO from Rillaboom's Wood Hammer into a 3HKO, for example.

* The HP investment helps maximize Mew's bulk to ensure it fulfills its support role. Max speed stats Maximum Speed investment allows Mew to set Tailwinds before Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, and Urshifu-R move, allowing slower teammates to outspeed them immediately. The Speed (caps) also allows Mew to outspeed Zygarde and hit it with Ice Beam. (caps)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options:
=============

Other solid coverage moves include Flamethrower to hit Genesect and Kartana and Earth Power to hit Volcanion and Heatran, depending on what the team is weak to. Coaching can help support Zygarde, Kyurem-B, Urshifu-R, and other Pokemon, (AC) that benefit from the increased bulk and power, but it cuts into more valuable moves. Mew also has use as a setup sweeper, carrying Nasty Plot or Power Herb and Meteor Beam, although its Special Attack (caps) can be lackluster at times. Safety Goggles are is another option over Sitrus Berry; this it allows Mew to ignore Spore and Rage Powder, although this is generally less useful and typically not worth the sacrifice of bulk. longevity. Taunt is another (if one of the listed moves is another way to help against these Pokemon, pls specify which other move that is, unless i'm missing smth obvious) way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Amoonguss, and other status move users.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Corrin2.gif
1/1. as far as grammar touch up, it seems you did fine bc i didn't find too much, but pls do mind your capitalizations

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Taunt is another (if one of the listed moves is another way to help against these Pokemon, pls specify which other move that is, unless i'm missing smth obvious) way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Amoonguss, and other status move users.
Used to have another option that was deleted, missed changing this part. Reading through this right now I'm feeling like listing trick room and tailwind (two moves) alongside "Amoonguss and other status move users" (pokemon) seems a bit awkward (the list becomes heterogeneous). Is this a problem i should try to fix or is it fine?
All other changes have been implemented

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Used to have another option that was deleted, missed changing this part. Reading through this right now I'm feeling like listing trick room and tailwind (two moves) alongside "Amoonguss and other status move users" (pokemon) seems a bit awkward (the list becomes heterogeneous). Is this a problem i should try to fix or is it fine?
All other changes have been implemented
yea fair point. its a bit borderline to me in part bc i cant find a super pretty solution. "...against Trick Room, Tailwind, and Amoonguss and other status move users" is the default replacement and serviceable but still a lil awkward. feel free to either keep, change to this, or do something else you wish

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Taunt is a way to help against Trick Room, Tailwind, Spore, and other status moves. - is this acceptable? it is weird to say youre helping against the moves but i think it makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)