SS PU Mind Playing Tricks On Me (SS PU Trick Room Team)

Hello again, and welcome to my RMT! I have some experience with RMT's, as seen with The Ultimate Storm. So heres the team!

:ss/beheeyem:
Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Future Sight
- Flash Cannon

I first started building around this pokemon. Beheeyem is a very good offensive Trick Room setter that also has the powerful combo of Future Sight + Teleport. Flash Cannon is the only move Beheeyem has that nothing is immune to in the tier, so I chose that. The given EV Spread insures that Beheeyem hits as hard as possible and is as bulky as possible while still benefiting from Trick Room the most.

:ss/dusclops:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split
- Earthquake

I then wanted a backup Trick Room setter, in case one of the potential leads on the enemy team would screw over Beheeyem. I chose Dusclops for this very reason, as it is the bulkiest Trick Room setter in the tier. Its kinda risky to use due to pain split being its only recovery, but its still bulky nonetheless. The set is pretty self explanitory to be honest.

:ss/greedent:
Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Gyro Ball
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

Of course with any trick room team, comes the abusers. For some odd reason, Gyro Ball is still shockingly powerful on slow pokemon when Trick Room is up. The other moves are either STAB or Coverage. Combine that with the coveted ability to heal up from full HP after using Belly Drum makes Greedent the perfect choice for Trick Room teams.

:ss/type-null:
Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My next thought was to include a pokemon that can do well in and out of Trick Room, so I chose Type: Null. Null's main purpose here is to be an all around wall. I chose to give it Facade instead of Crush Claw or other moves because the first thought would be to Toxic this thing to wear it down, which counts as status, which makes Facade 140BP. Bulkiest boi around, let me tell you.

:ss/machoke:
Machoke @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Dynamic Punch
- Cross Chop
- Power-Up Punch

I then chose another wallbreaker in Banded Machoke. Machoke has access to the epic combo of No Guard + Dynamic Punch, and it has the perfect low speed to abuse Trick Room. Cross Chop is also here because it's basically Fighting-Type Stone Edge, and Power-Up Punch for Setup.

:ss/roselia:
Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 Def / 100 SpA / 88 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Toxic Spikes

For the final pokemon , I chose a good toxic spikes setter in Roselia. Roselia is a monster that has the highest special attack of any poison type in the tier. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are for Dual Stabs, Synthesis to make Roselia an even better wall than normal, and Toxic Spikes to punish stall archetypes.

I hope you like my team!
Here are some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1113304201
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1113309366

Last edited:
I would say, change Roselia's ability to Natural Cure if it gets thunder waved or put to sleep with hypnosis or any sleeping move. However, I think Poison Point is better because there might be a glimmer of viability that this ability can get.

For Beeheeyem, Change it's the ability to synchronize to spread status from if they try to t-wave you, toxic, or put to sleep with hypnosis or any sleeping move. Telepathy might be good for teleport if it doesn't have negative priority in the first place. If Baton Pass was still around, it can run Baton Pass, but it can't. So Synchronize might be the best bet for it.

As for the others, keep it the way it is until I or other people reading this can give you some feedback.

Not a super detailed rate but one thing you might consider is Memento on Dusclops, 70 base attack isn't too good for attacking and it'll give Greedent some extra leeway in setting up. You could go Dusknoir which (while not as bulky) has a better offensive presence (though no ghost STAB is sad). You could aso go with Gourgeist for a more consistent offensive presence + Explosion.

For Beheeyem, I'd definitely go Analytic to hit harder on switches (also because Telepathy has no use in singles unless I'm missing something). The choice of Flash Cannon is also a bit questionable, Psychic & Dark-types are the main thing you can't hit with Psychic and Flash Cannon doesn't hit either of those particularly hard. Thunderbolt provides better coverage for general coverage or something like Shadow Ball/Signal Beam to hit Psychic-types super effectively.

252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 184-217 (79.6 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Pawn goes bop.

Not a super detailed rate but one thing you might consider is Memento on Dusclops, 70 base attack isn't too good for attacking and it'll give Greedent some extra leeway in setting up. You could go Dusknoir which (while not as bulky) has a better offensive presence (though no ghost STAB is sad). You could also go with Gourgeist for a more consistent offensive presence + Explosion.

For Beheeyem, I'd definitely go Analytic to hit harder on switches (also because Telepathy has no use in singles unless I'm missing something). The choice of Flash Cannon is also a bit questionable, Psychic & Dark-types are the main thing you can't hit with Psychic and Flash Cannon doesn't hit either of those particularly hard. Thunderbolt provides better coverage for general coverage or something like Shadow Ball/Signal Beam to hit Psychic-types super effectively.

252+ SpA Analytic Beheeyem Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 184-217 (79.6 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Pawn goes bop.
Yeah, I agree on Mango Smoothie on that one. Anyways, consider having coverage for the psychic and dark types. Also Water and Flying types too. Memento is great if you want to end choice sweeps except if they have clear body or a stat-immune ability which I should mention is only for Draloak and Klang, two NFE pokemon. You may want to be careful with these, but they are counters to Memento. I think you see them in NFE more often than in PU which they are excellent choices to stop Memento from and can ko Dusclops. Other than that, it is fine to have a solid trick room team in the PU metagame. I hope it works out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)