Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

greetings, smogcrafts and smogcraftettes! from the office of president forks, here it is now: a nouncement

after 20 glorious months and 3 incarnations (of varying gloriousness), i am heartbroken to announce that i will no longer be serving as your beloved administrative figurehead. my new collegiate obligations preclude me from providing the time, attention or money necessary for the server's smooth functioning. quel dommage! but my powers are needed elsewhere.

smogcraft, of course, will remain running as always, at the same ip. all of your creations and belongings will remain as they are. the biggest change to come will be an administrative one: in my absence the crown be worn by none other than my trusted friend and colleague, young salthethief. though his authority may seem unfamiliar and his voice strange, i have every faith that he will be as wise, loyal and dedicated a leader as i was—almost certainly more so. i urge you all to look past the color of his skin and treat him with the same adoration and sycophancy that you gave me.

it's been a great almost-couple of years, dudes. here's to the next magnificent almost-couple of years under the flag of your new king!

greetings, smogcrafts and smogcraftettes! from the office of president forks, here it is now: a nouncement

after 20 glorious months and 3 incarnations (of varying gloriousness), i am heartbroken to announce that i will no longer be serving as your beloved administrative figurehead. my new collegiate obligations preclude me from providing the time, attention or money necessary for the server's smooth functioning. quel dommage! but my powers are needed elsewhere.

smogcraft, of course, will remain running as always, at the same ip. all of your creations and belongings will remain as they are. the biggest change to come will be an administrative one: in my absence the crown be worn by none other than my trusted friend and colleague, young salthethief. though his authority may seem unfamiliar and his voice strange, i have every faith that he will be as wise, loyal and dedicated a leader as i was—almost certainly more so. i urge you all to look past the color of his skin and treat him with the same adoration and sycophancy that you gave me.

it's been a great almost-couple of years, dudes. here's to the next magnificent almost-couple of years under the flag of your new king!
Sal make me a mod

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, it's been confirmed that the Wither won't just appear like any other mob save Snow Golems, you have to build it using Soul Sand and Wither Skeleton Skulls.

The Wither drops the precious Nether Star, used to craft Beacon Blocks that grant special powers to player within a certain range.

The question is: Is this fellow grindable? As you have to assemble the Wither yourself, you get to choose the environment in which to fight it. The Wither is immune to Lava and drowning, and supposedly destroys blocks around itself under certain conditions. But I presume it would be possible to drop a ton of gravel on one and suffocate it, or lead it on a merry chase through a labyrinth of cacti.

Either way, the Wither appears to be extremely hard to kill under normal conditions. It can massacre a herd of villagers and livestock in seconds, and regenerates its own health while doing so. It will certainly be a griefer favourite, unfortunately.

Any thoughts on this hell-beast?

EDIT: Here's a video on it.

Brace your selfs grief pranks are coming. I would hate if someone built on in my house. But does this mean that there are more types of skeletons?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well those Wither Skelletons you need to kill to get them do take a fair bit of time, so who knows really? You would have to be very dedicated to go and get them all just to grief something an admin could easily kill.

Hey so today we are reviving Smogcraft, get on if you have the time and hopefully people will be building shit or something most of the day

There's a rebellion??

That would only work if you are in creative mode though, right? Otherwise it would aggro and break more than just cobble.

Xaq, I don't think it will aggro if you make the walls out of something other than glass (so it can't see you) and make a different droppoint :1

smogcraft is just way too pay2win for me now

I miss the days when you didn't have to spend $40+ just to have the same opportunities as the pay2win crowd.

rip smogcraft

maybe some day sal will lose ownership and we'll have a real server back up :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)