Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While it won't be a requirement if anyone interested in Hunger Games has a bank vault it will probably be much easier to distribute winnings after that game is done.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
or you know you could use your bank vault for fun things such as a disco room

because the bank is useless and we all know it

people who go on the bloodcraft server, i have bad news. the base has been destroyed. we lost pretty much everything. :(

anyone in favor of starting fresh on a new server

I'm still trucking on the bloodserver my plan is to get as far away from spawn as possible. If anyone wants to know coords just ask

x= 3630 z=-990. its not much but it is a start. we may need to go farther from spawn
There is some awesome cave systems next to the base so it is defenetly worth staying here for a while.

we probably want to go further out, also i've been back to the old place, theres a sign left there, the DOGS were the ones that destroyed the place

Hunger games are relevant to my interests. Where can I make myself familiar with the rules?

Also, I might not be able to play for the next couple of days or... months. My old Win XP computer finally decided it's time to pass away, and if I cannot get it back up & running AND connect it to my new internet (moving is cool, getting new internet is not), I have to wait for my job to pump out the money to get a new one. Pray for me.

In the base I have a macerator, extractor, electric furnace and a generator, also a chest full of stuff. I will start moving it further out. But feel free to grabb some of the stuff in the chests. How far out do you think we should go?

I don't know if you guys need to go out much further imo, I went on today and headed out to the current base; its actually fairly well hidden, just need to replace the cobble with stone and maybe a piston door. you guys have been on longer than me (literately minutes lol) so do you think we need to move further?

p.s. there's an abandoned mineshaft under the base if you didn't already know =D

Are you talking about the base I built? If so fell free to use any material to build the things you think we need. Also there was server reset about aday ago that took away one week of work, however this does not affect the base as I managed to get back the stuff that was lost.

I don't know if you guys need to go out much further imo, I went on today and headed out to the current base; its actually fairly well hidden, just need to replace the cobble with stone and maybe a piston door. you guys have been on longer than me (literately minutes lol) so do you think we need to move further?

p.s. there's an abandoned mineshaft under the base if you didn't already know =D
i was the one who covered the door, also i've made a list of what we need to start another 16-5 flower that creates dark matter, the list is by the energy condenser. i say its ok, but we were found before at about 9000X. i say we should go deeper

we need some slime. so we can make a god door right now im just breaking some dirt to get in. allso I agree that we should move further out, and we should do that now before we get to much stuff.

well, when some more people get online, all but one wil go out and search, and the person left behind will teleport back and forwards to carry stuff to the new place, and i say we want to be about y level 25-30. also, due to a nice gift of 5 stacks of each gem, the flower is almost done, close enough to start dm gen

Chival and i went out to the Smogon Base. Used our experience for good. We had a whole bunch of alchemy chests and stuff with lots of ores in the Aussie Room. And now its all gone and the floor is gone?!?!
*The alchemy stuff as in a alchemical chest and one of the converter chests. And ores as in a good dozen stacks of various ores and gems

How much stuff have you moved? I have been scouting for a new base in the same direction that we had the base. Also can someone make me join the Smogon faction.

currently, its just the solar flower and the materials for the cobble gen emc farm. when theres more people on we can start moving the rest

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
hyd, get on so we can start on moving

also, what's the seed for smogcraft world? just wondering, because /seed is prohibited

also, what's the seed for smogcraft world? just wondering, because /seed is prohibited
/seed is prohibited on almost all essential plugin servers because if you have the seed, you can just go into creative in sp and find all the diamonds/emeralds/ores/mineshafts/dungeons/strongholds/etc and waypoint them to find on a smp server.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Jumping off the topic of online play, can anybody recommend any mods? I've been wondering if I should download Tekkit, as it seems quite nifty, but I'd like to hear other people's experience with it first. It's been mentioned a bit here, so it seems like some of you might know stuff about it...
Are there many bugs? Having several independent mods thrown into one bucket seems like the recipe for conflicting code and such.
Is gameplay altered to a very big degree? For example, are any Vanilla Minecraft mechanics altered to the unrecognisable, or flat out deleted?
If I ever should uninstall it, can I go back to my "pre-Tekkit" worlds and play as if nothing had happened?
Anything else to take note of?

Any answers, or recommendations of other mods, would be appreciated. Thank you!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I personally would advise against Tekkit, being that the creators of Technic and Tekkit, and as a result, Tekkit and Technic themselves, are completely disrespectful to the mod creators. Tekkit is most likely also illegal, due to the makers of Technic not asking for permission to redistribute some of the mods included.

Yeah, I realize I'm probably the second or third most active on the Tekkit server we're playing on at the moment. However, I despise Tekkit, and eagerly await the legal Feed The Beast pack, http://feed-the-beast.com/.

i recommend the tekkit because its easy to set up and is a awesome pack of mods, it is its own launcher so you vanilla worlds wont be affected. mods can conflict with each other but tekkit is ok and with tekkit, minecarts and rails are basically thrown out for the rail craft mod. but it has a high amount of content if you get into it. of course if you pick tekkit you can join us on the bloodcraft server.

other than tekkit, there are loads of mods availble that can do almost anything, the main issue is adding the mods yourself and possible conflicts. if you dont use tekkit here are some mods i recommend (you'll probably need forge) a few of these are with tekkit, i'll point out the ones that arent

optifine - basically more graphic options (tekkit)

rei's minimap - a minimap with waypoints (tekkit)

industrial craft - machines from electric furnaces to solar panels and nucear power, you will want to add the compact solar mod as well as this (in tekkit)

equivalent exchange - basically magic and alchemy. from dust that can repair items to blocks that gather energy to create almost anything (tekkit)

forestry - adds automatic farming machine and bees. also adds items that can be used in industrial craft

you can always google these to find more info, but i say download tekkit

ladysalamence is right about the tekkit pack and when the feed the beast mod pack is out you should download that, its basically tekkit/techic +more

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Thank you for answering! I guess I should download Tekkit for fun, but shed a tear for the innocent mod developers every time I start it up. If LS could post in this thread when the Feed The Beast pack is out, I'd be very happy.

But I guess I should wait with downloading mods until 1.4 is released (any week now).
As far as I've understood, every time Minecraft updates, mods get screwy? I'd rather explore 1.4 first, then try a mod, than installing a mod that doesn't work for weeks after I've got it.

Also, I play Vanilla Minecraft with a friend every Friday (I've moved away for studies, but this way we can still "hang out"). If I install Tekkit, would I still be able to access Vanilla and play on our world?

Tekkit installs as a seperate launcher, and even then, you can simply select vanilla minecraft from a list of modpacks available, so yeah, you should have no trouble playing with your friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)