Mismagius's potential?

This isn't really a discussion thread, but its not a "simple question", so I thought I should make a topic for it.

Anyway, what is Mismagius's potential for using Perish Song? I know Misdreavus did it decently, and now its evolved with +20base in SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed. How much support would it need to do that (Umbreon with Mean Look + Baton Pass, Magnezone, Dugtrio, etc)? I know is makes a pretty good Calm Minder too, but I'd rather use it as a Perish Songer, or at least know how I should do that.

I used Misdreavus in competitive battles on Netbattle against GOOD opponents and killed many obnoxious opponents using Perish Song/Protect/DestinyBond/Mean Look. It absolutely is good enough to pull this off, but you MUST play smart with it. You can tell when your opponent will expect a fatal Shadowball or Thunderbolt and is about to switch--use that free move to Mean Look and then kill away.

You need to be smart do anything.

I think the Mean Look/Perish Song Version could do a number to Blissey, Cress, and other things that wall MissyMage, but yeah. It might just be a waste of time against Weaville who beats you with Pursuit.

Protect/Perish Song/Mean Look/Pain Split @ leftovers work well.

Mean Look, Protect, Pain Split to heal yourself, Protect, Perish Song, Protect, and Pain Split. Afterwards you switch out.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
You need to be smart do anything.

I think the Mean Look/Perish Song Version could do a number to Blissey, Cress, and other things that wall MissyMage, but yeah. It might just be a waste of time against Weaville who beats you with Pursuit.
Eh, the Calm Mind/Substitute set stalls Blissey for a looooong time, and I'm not sure Cresselia would be too willing to switch into STABed Shadow Balls. Well, at least Perish Song is on something a bit faster and more durable. Mismagius could possibly take down 2 Pokemon, I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)