Non-official USUM M&M Naganadel Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
The suspect test period has concluded. Tagging The Immortal to remove the suspect ladder. Thanks!

Now it's time for the really fun part. Anyone who has posted reqs in the thread or reached the finals in one of the two suspect tours is eligible to participate in blind voting. As this is the first time we're conducting blind voting, I'll try to explain what I'd like to happen to the best of my abilities.

A step-by-step process on how to vote is as follows:
  1. Go to this forum and click "Post new thread" on the right-hand side.
  2. Title your thread "M&M Suspect Vote" or anything similar to that.
  3. In the body of your post, post BAN, NO BAN, or ABSTAIN (in bold preferably so it's easier to count.)
  4. Optionally, you may provide reasoning for why you have voted this way. Step 4 is not compulsory.
  5. Hit "Create Thread".
Sample Post:

I will close the voting process once the result of the suspect is decided or otherwise in exactly five days from this post.

A list of eligible voters is as follows:

There are 31 registered voters, so if 19 people vote ban*, I will close the voting process immediately. Good luck, have fun, whichever side you're on.

*If people vote abstain, this amount may be lowered to account for that. Abstain votes are treated as neutral and do not count towards either side.

Vote: BAN

Reasoning: Naganadel is one of the mons I had an issue with in the Pidgeotite meta (some others being Deoxys-Speed, Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky). Yet, unlike multiple mons that seemed to fall flat, Nagan seems to surge in a Post-Pidg meta, something I blame partly on Deo-S's absence. However, the major blame is on his unusually effective typing that, depending on the stone he's holding, allows him to tank espeed spam, while also making him an immediate stall breaker. Not to mention his moveset is incredibly versatile, which makes counterplay a lot more difficult to pull off than with most sweepers. This is just another "2Fast2Strong" mon that, in my opinion, should've never been allowed to begin with, which is why I'm voting ban.

804B.gif.2f3466143a589121bd1fa9688c0a101f.gif

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Naganadel: Ban

Red Orb Naganadel is horrifying to watch as it dismantles defensive teams, and Diancite Naganadel is also horrifying to watch as it eats through offensive teams. The list of what this pokemon’s checks are, they are very different depending on what stone you’re using, and that, to me, is the very definition of constraining, as I have to include two different checks to Naganadel that handles one of its formes, due to how I build. I’ll be glad to see this demon go.

Vote: Ban

Reasoning: Two forms that are oppressively hard to prep for and play against. Abused red orb on webs myself and believe it is incredibly potent on this particular playstyle.

Replay reinforcing my point on how different hidden powers can help red orb naga blow through certain builds easier. (Would love to share a game vs someone actually skilled like Joe, but couldn't find the replay so gonna have to settle for gmfc sacking heatran and ditto turns one and two and then getting anniliated by red orb naga... still shows how potent naga is I guess.)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-726225327

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)