SS OU Mixed Offense/Defense Mudsdale RMT

I suck sometimes at making teams, especially in a new meta like this one, and I've had minimal amounts of success with this so I was looking for some ideas to make it even better c: I started with wanting to use a Mudsdale as an anti-meta lead, along with Dubwool as a late game cleaner (interesting choice I know) and then I filled in the rest with a mix of some sweepers and bulk. My favorite part of the team is that it doesn't have any sort of dependence on Dynamax (I've used it maybe five matches) so when the inevitable dynaban rolls around it'll still be functional. There are some iffy spots on the team I was hoping I could get opinions on!

-

PHEmbMa.png

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat

Mudsdale is my main bro! She's got a lot of bulk and can tank hits from a ton of the common leads such as Hatterene, Corsola, Excadrill and Ferrothorn, while setting up Stealth Rock and earthquaking them to death. Heavy Slam and Close Combat are used for coverage, and leftovers give her enough longevity that she could potentially be switched out and used alongside Dubwool to clean late game.

Pokemon-SS-Hydreigon.png

Hydreigon @ Blunder Policy
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

This spot originally belonged to a mixed Dragapult with dragon darts, thunderbolt, fire blast, and U-turn for coverage. I honestly kinda miss Dragapult and I may put him back in, but I thought there was a huge hole in the special attacker side of my team so I filled it with Nasty Plot Hydreigon. Unfortunately I miss the electric type coverage a LOT, and I now have no sure-fire way of countering Pelipper and Gyarados now. I usually bring in Hydreigon as a switch in at any moment I don't have another counter for a Pokemon on my team. Dark Pulse and Flash Cannon pretty much cover most Pokemon I need to hit.

882.png

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Low Kick

Dracovish is kinda on an iffy spot in the team for me because, well, I don't really need a sweeper like him. He was useful in the early builds of the team but now I find him often only getting a couple hits in before he faints. I just pull him in mid to late game to KO as many Pokemon as I can.

dubwool.png

Dubwool @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Cotton Guard
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Dubwool is my late game cleaner. I've gotten a lot of flack for this choice but he's really become a staple of the team. Body Press can 1HKO a lot of Pokemon that aren't resistant to it, and Rest gives Dubwool a lot of sustainability. With one turn of setup with cotton guard I've had Dubwool manage to knock out three Pokemon in a row and secure me the match.

Pokemon-SS-Corviknight.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Corviknight is used as my bulk mon when I'm in a pinch and I don't have a good switch in, or when I need to defog. I don't have a lot of stealth rock weak Pokemon on my team, but corviknight is a good switch in when Ferrothorn uses Mudsdale as setup fodder for too many spikes. Enough Brave Birds can KO most walls that stump the rest of my team as well.

pm0746_12_sword3_256.ktx.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

I brought in Aegislash to knock out any Pokemon that the rest of my team isn't equipped to handle, like some psychic types or Corsola/Cursola. It generally has a lot of longevity and can tank supereffective hits in shield forme. It's got enough priority to KO most Pokemon that threaten it, and it's been pretty useful.

-

Threats Time!

Rain Teams
After booting Dragapult and losing the speed plus thunderbolt I have no way to counter Pelipper, Barraskewda and other rain mons. If I'm not careful rain can sweep my entire team.

Strength Sap
I believe this will be a gazillion times better after the addition of hydreigon (I haven't seen too many while testing him) but Corsola's strength sap hurts my team a lot. Because a lot of my team is physical, an early game Corsola can knock out some of my Pokemon before I get a good chance to counter.

Togekiss
Togekiss ABSOLUTELY destroys my team. I have gone from six to zero because of air slashes. It's bad.

Polteageist
In late game my team is a little less equipped to handle Polteageist on the fly, and if it gets to set up too much I'm screwed. It can absolutely destroy my team if it gets even an inch of setup fodder.

Toxtricity
A lot of my team can be swept by Toxtricity, and since it's a special attacker I can't wall it by using Dubwool. Generally my mudsdale has already fainted before the opponent brings it out.

-

I was wondering about maybe a better choice than Hydreigon, electric type coverage, and any other improvements I can make. Thanks!​

Attachments

1. Change Aegislash’s sub for flash cannon. This deals with fairy types that annoy Hydreigon.
2.change Hydreigon’s items to leftovers. You don’t need blunder policy because the only move that misses is Draco meteor which is only a 10% chance.
3. Get ride of Dubwool. Dubwool honestly sucks and you should never run in it in ou. Change it for Rotom wash. This help form a good bolt turn core that u kinda have going already. It also is better against darmanitan which kills everything.
4. Change Mudsdale for focus sash Excadrill. This is good for setting up rocks, kills annoying fairies for Hydreigon and Toxapex which Hydreigon also struggles with a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)