Miyami Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Smogon Edition!

cookie said this would go here, so here it is.

Hello everyone, and welcome to Miyami plays Fire Emblem Birthright! In this playthrough, I'll be playing through the game, adding, removing, or changing lines for hilarity's sake. There's just a few more things we need to sort out...

Choose my characters!
For this playthrough, I'll be bringing along 15 characters. How this works is you can choose 5 characters for me to use. The 15 characters with the most votes win. If you want to use a child character, you do not have to include the father character.

In addition to this, you must also provide names of smogon members for the varying characters. At the end of the poll (about 2 weeks) the player name with the most votes for a certain character will be chosen.

This section is for characters that I have to use because the game demands it.

Corrin
: This is the avatar character for this game. They want peace and choose a side at chapter 6, though birthright locks me into picking Hoshido. I'll be making this avatar after myself, so it'll be named Miyami~~. She's a forced character in this playthrough because she's forced in the game, too.

Azura: Probably the most important non-avatar character. She's kind of distant and the Avatar's best friend once they meet. She also sings for people and works as the dancer of this game. She's a forced character because of how important she is to the plot.

Jakob: A competent and calculated butler in service to the Avatar. He's up here because I started with the female avatar, we get him earlier and Felicia late. From what I've heard from the friend who lent me the game, since we get him first he kind of falls of a cliff by the end, but healing makes up for it.

Kaze: A Ninja in service of Hoshido but he'll follow you wherever you go anyways. Calm, collected, and well-liked. He's the weakest out of all the ninjas you naturally get, but he's the one you get earliest. If we use Kaze, we have to decide wether or not to get an A-support with the Avatar before chapter 15.

Rinkah: The reperasentative of the flame tribe and the only 1st tier class that can use axes in the entire game for whatever reason. Fitting for someone of the fire tribe, she is hot-headed. She also likes candy.

Sakura: The first member of the hoshido royal family you get, she's your little sister! She's your early-game healer, and when she comes in she should probably heal as much as or more than your Butler/Maid, but she can't attack. Even if we don't use her she should probably be named, because she gets a lot of the spotlight, especially at the start of the game.

Hana: One of Sakura's retainers. She's a tomboy who is also a samurai. I've never played this game and my friend didn't use her so I'm just not sure what else to say about her. She competes with Subaki to see who's the best Retainer.

Subaki: The other one of Sakura's retainers and the first male Pegasus Knight in the series. He competes with Hana to see who's the best retainer. He's better than Hinoka as a Pegasus Knight, but she's more important to the plot. Flyers are useful though.

Silas: He's your childhood friend from when you couldn't leave the stuffy northern castle. But since you're dropped into the game after your meeting the avatar doesn't remember him, so this all falls flat. He's the only natural cavalier in the Hoshido route, though.

Orochi: The first mage you get. She was Mikoto's personal aide. She tells fortunes. Out of the two early-game mages, she hits harder, but can't double as reliably.

Saizo: The "edgy Ninja" of the group, complete with scar and backstory involving revenge. He is the older twin brother of Kaze, and one of Ryoma's retainers. He's objectively better than Kaze because he hits harder, but he's slightly less accurate.

Mozu: A girl whos village was destroyed by monsters as you happened to be walking by. Unfortunately, the Villager class was nerfed hard between awakening and fates. Aptitude went from 20% to 10% chance to increase, which is a massive difference, and villager being a first-tier class means you lose the extra levels, so she's a lot more training for less reward.

Hinoka: Oh boy, this character. Basically, she's pretty unimportant for a royal character because she wasn't written into the original story, so she kind of just got slapped on at the end. She was distraught when the avatar was captured and trained to find them. As an actual unit, she's badly upstaged by Subaki, so I wouldn't recommend using her. We could even get away with not naming her.

Setsuna: One of Hinoka's crazy retainers. She's absentminded and enjoys getting caught in hunting traps. As a unit, she's outperformed by Takumi due to Takumi's overpowered bow, but her dynamic with Hinoka and Azama is fun.

Azama: This character is pretty erratic. He's not afraid to speak his mind to anyone and mentions that death comes for everyone, which is strange considering he's a healer. He's pretty funny. He's got good physical growths for a healer (apparently his strength is higher than Hinoka's) and is a fairly solid choice, probably better than Jakob.

Hayato: My friend's personal favourite unit. He's like Ricken, except since he's actually a good unit his story makes sense. He doesn't hit quite as hard as Orochi does, but he doubles, so he'll probably do equal or more damage than her after some training.

Hinata: One of Takumi's retainers. He's cheerful and nice but can't refuse anythign a pretty woman says to him. He also likes tying people up? The fact that he comes in later than Hana and has less speed and skill than her hurts, but Myrmidons are always nice.

Oboro: The other one of Takumi's retainers. She hats Nohrians because they killed her parents. She also loves fashion and makes clothes for people. She has a big crush oh Takumi. As a unit, she's the only non-mounted Lance unit outside of Mozu, so she's probably a solid pick.

Takumi: Here's your biological younger brother. Because everyone else has other stuff going for them he has a bit of a napoleon complex, as he's always trying to prove that he's better than everyone. And that's about all of his personality! He's got an overpowered bow, the Fujin Yumi, that is extremely strong and also removes any terrain effects. He does need a name even if we don't use him.

Kagero: She's Ryoma's other retainer with Saizo. She's confident and willing to give up her life for Ryoma. She has a crazy sense of art. Out of the Ninjas, she's arguably the best. She's not as strong as Saizo, but she's much stronger than Kaze and about as accurate.

Reina: She's the first pre-promoted unit you get that isn't Jakob, and she's alright. She's loving and caring to anyone that are allies, but she loves blood and carnage and enjoys describing what she'll do to enemies to people.

Kaden: He's a kitsune! He likes himself and his fur, but he also has to help other people when he himself is in need of help to repay the favour. I actually have no idea how he performs in combat.

Ryoma: He's your older brother. He's calm, collected, and often appears completely perfect which unsettles his son and Takumi. Good job. He's also completely overpowered because of his Rajinoto sword, and the only advantage Hana and Hinata have over him is earlier jointime. He should really be named even if we don't use him.

Scarlet: She's the leader of the Nohrian resistance to resist Garon's rule. As a unit, she's the only Wyvern Rider in Birthright, but she joins fairly late.

Felicia: Here's the other maid! Unlike Jakob, she's clumsy and kind of bad at her job. Also unlike Jakob, because she joins later she's decent and doesn't fall behind that badly by the end of it. She's harder to incorporate into a team because she joins late, but she's not a bad toss-in unit.

Shura: Shura joins super late as a high-level pre-promoted adventurer. He's a decent emergency healer or fighter for when he joins, but because of how late he joins it's kind of hard to get a lot out of him. Personality-wise, he's a thief that escaped from Hoshido to Nohr when ninjas attacked hit homeland. I'm not even kidding.

Yukimura: Yukimura is the tactician of Hoshido and one of Mikoto's closest advisors. He's also strategic and enjoys inventing. I really have no clue how he performs as a unit, but he's a pre-promote that joins moderately late. You can get him and Izana before Shura, but it's a bit finicky.

Izana: I know absolutely nothing about him because my friend asked me to not look at it until I see it playing through the chapter. He's probably a serene, collected, wise ruler since he is in fact the ruler of Izumo, but I'm not sure. I've been told you can get him before Shura and Yukimura, and that he's a decent pre-promoted sage, but I'm not sure.

So that's all the adult characters. There's also 12 children characters. We don't need to be using the father to use a child, but if we are using the father we should pair him up with an actual smogon member unit we're using. I think we should limit these to 5-6 ones that we're actually using though I'll probably go through all the paralogues anyways. Like with the adults, the ones that we're using need names of smogon members.

Kana: The son of the Avatar (In this case, Miyami). He loves his mom. Depending on who you guys ship me with, he can either be better or much worse than the avatar.

Shigure: He's Azura's son. He's the second male Pegasus Knight in the series, which is cool. He likes singing like his mother. He also likes being alone. Like the rest of the children characters, his stats will vary.

Dwyer: He's Jakob's son. He's really lazy and sleepy but makes good coffee. Like the rest of the children characters, his stats will vary.

Sophie: She's Silas's daughter. She screws up a lot, but is really cheerful. Like the rest of her characters, her stats will vary.

Midori: She's Kaze's daughter and Asugi's cousin. She's an apothecary who makes herbal medicines and is good at it. Like the rest of the child characters, her stats will vary.

Shiro:He's Ryoma's son and Kiragi's cousin. He's competitive because of how perfect Ryoma is. He even picked the lance up to get the triangle advantage. Like the rest of the child characters, his stats will vary.

Kiragi:He's Takumi's son and Shiro's cousin. He likes hunting and has sharp eyes. He's very optimistic. Like the rest of the child characters, his stats will vary.

Asugi: He's Saizo's son and Midori's cousin. He's pretty much Gaius 2.0. He even loves candy. Like the rest of the child characters, his stats will vary.

Selkie: She's Kaden's daughter. She loves playing. She's also kind of thick. Like the rest of the child characters, her stats will vary.

Hisame: He's Hinata's son. He's serious, stubborn, and careful. Like the rest of the child characters, his stats will vary.

Mitama: She's Azama's daughter. She's lazy and likes creating poetry. Like the rest of the child characters, her stats will vary.

Caledori: She's Subaki's daughter. Pretty much Cordelia 2.0. Like the rest of the child characters, her stats will vary.

Rhajat: She's Hayato's daughter. I'd say Tharja 2.0, but I like her character more. She can also marry the female avatar, though if you want her to marry me then we can't use Kana. Like the rest of the child characters, her stats will vary.

In addition, there's a few NPCs that should be named. All of the below are optional to be named, though it would be appreciated.

Xander: He's the oldest son in the Nohr royal family and the crown prince.

Camilla: The second child and oldest daughter of the nohrian royal family. She really loves the avatar.

Leo: The third child and youngest son of the Nohrian royal family. He's really smart and constantly practicing.

Elise: She's the youngest child of the Nohrian royal family. She acts like a child even though she's an adult by Nohrian law.

Mikoto: She's your biological mother and the queen of Hoshido.

Garon: The main antagonist of this game and the kingdom of Nohr.

Supports!
In this game, you get to pick who marries who out of the 15 units I choose! Now you can ship various smogon members to your heart's content! For children characters who's father we aren't using or just not using them, I'll just throw people together from the leftovers.

Reclassing!
At the end of each chapter, I'll tell you how many seals and what kind of seals I have, then you can vote who to use them on. At the next chapter, I'll switch it up. I think there's a point where I can get unlimited seals. I'm going to limit it to one reclass and unlimited promotions per chapter, though.

And I think that's it! So now you come in! Vote for 5 playable characters that you would like to see me use, as well as a smogon member for each of those characters to be named after. NPC naming is optional.

Enjoy~~

Last edited:
Miyami, some of the images aren't working, at least for me. It may be my computer, but this might be happening to others. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Most of them are broken.

I don't know enough about the game to choose anything, I am just lending my generic support and interest by posting here.

Miyami, some of the images aren't working, at least for me. It may be my computer, but this might be happening to others. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Most of them are broken.

I don't know enough about the game to choose anything, I am just lending my generic support and interest by posting here.
strange. They're all working for me. I'll go back and link them in, I guess.

Karxrida

Shadowbringer
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't remember Azura being mandatory for maps like the Avatar. You should still use her, though, because her abilities are super useful.

What difficulty will this be played on?

I don't remember Azura being mandatory for maps like the Avatar. You should still use her, though, because her abilities are super useful.

What difficulty will this be played on?
I don't think she's mandatory, but I've never played the game and have no idea. I put her as forced because she's probably super plot-important.

I'll be playing it on Normal/Classic so I can focus on writing the story. I might do a hard challenge if I get Conquest where if someone dies they're permanently dead + the smogon member thing but that might be too much.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should at least play on Hard imo, Birthright is super easy even on Lunatic.

Instead of picking 5 units to use I'm going to pick 5 for you not to use: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Saizo, Kaze. It would be interesting to see how it goes without these units.

You should at least play on Hard imo, Birthright is super easy even on Lunatic.

Instead of picking 5 units to use I'm going to pick 5 for you not to use: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Saizo, Kaze. It would be interesting to see how it goes without these units.
A friend of mine was saying that some close-to-endgame chapters are impossible without Ryoma due to the units they throw at you. Essentially he's required to act as a RNG dodge shield. Kind of sucks, as I heard he trivializes the game otherwise.

That's completely false, I beat birthright lunatic grindless without any of the royals. MU and Scarlet are very close to, if not better than, ryoma during endgame because he stops reliably one-rounding bulkier enemies and dodge tanking gets pretty dicey.

Shh, I'm not gonna comment on this thread just yet because europe. But wait until the end of May fam, we'll be having stuff to discuss...

I'm debating dropping the smogon member thing and just playing through with the characters suggested by Take Azelfie and ramdom.org-ing the rest, but still posting my story here. that sound good?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rather than choose who to use, I'll just say some general bans
no takumi
no ryoma
no oboro
no hinoka
no my castle rewards
no guard naginata
no bond units
no my castle for skills
no paragon
no witch's mark (feel free to get the ballistician item from anna's gift 1)
no dlc outside Anna on the run, and Anna's gift 1 for sighting lens and Anna's gift 2 for boots

Play on lunatic, hard mode is a joke.

Rather than choose who to use, I'll just say some general bans
no takumi
no ryoma
no oboro
no hinoka
no my castle rewards
no guard naginata
no bond units
no my castle for skills
no paragon
no witch's mark (feel free to get the ballistician item from anna's gift 1)
no dlc outside Anna on the run, and Anna's gift 1 for sighting lens and Anna's gift 2 for boots

Play on lunatic, hard mode is a joke.
Eh, I'd allow Takumi...if ONLY you're forced to give him the ballistician item immediately and make him sport the mirror shades for the entire game like he damn well deserves to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)