MLG 2010 Pro Circuit Live!

The first event of 2010 with new teams and new rising players I thisnk this is going to ba an awesome first event. If u dont kno what this is then dont post.. Anyways discuss predictions and other shit.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Maybe instead of telling people not to post if they don't know what you are talking about you should actually spend more than four seconds on your post and bother typing out an informative introduction so people actually have something to post about.

Just an idea.

Agreeing with stellar here. A little more clarification and bold "don't post" threats don't really help a topic like this.

What games are being played at MLG anymore? I really hope it's not just first-person shooters...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please add to your post.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tekken 6, and Halo 3 are being played it looks like. The live stream crashed for me so I can't check out Brawl. I'm not too sure who plays competitively anymore.

Thanks Firestorm!

I'm personally surprised that fighters such as Tekken 6 are being played, as opposed to Street Fighter, the King of Fighters XII, or even the lesser-known Blazblue (which I've heard is just as balanced as Guilty Gear?)... there again, I could probably make the same argument for Brawl which is ridiculously imbalanced, but is a different type of "fighting" game. It seems the roster of pro players has changed a lot from when I used to be interested in it.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Both Smash and Tekken have a history with MLG so I'd assume that's why they're on the circuit this year.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'll be watching the Halo 3 event as I have done for the last few years. This should be a good one. Let's go Instinct :)

Thanks Firestorm!

I'm personally surprised that fighters such as Tekken 6 are being played, as opposed to Street Fighter, the King of Fighters XII, or even the lesser-known Blazblue (which I've heard is just as balanced as Guilty Gear?)... there again, I could probably make the same argument for Brawl which is ridiculously imbalanced, but is a different type of "fighting" game. It seems the roster of pro players has changed a lot from when I used to be interested in it.
Street Fighter IV probably didn't make it because of Capcom or something. Tekken 6 is the next-biggest fighting game in the US. Blazblue CT is horribly imbalanced and dead, with Continuum Shift being more balanced (probably not as much as Guilty Gear though) but only on arcade at the moment. KoF XII is a never-was in the US, and as far as I'm aware is pretty dead elsewhere too.

I don't know what the deal is with the streaming here. All I see is a live blog or something. Anyone know what my problem is?

edit: Never mind, other people on Smashboards are whining that MLG isn't streaming Brawl or something so I assume that's the problem. I guess I'll try and watch Tekken.

edit2: or not, I don't know what the deal is but whatever.

Brawl is always interesting, as usual.

There have been 09358236 amazing Halo 3 players that come and go, I don't think I'll bother watching it anymore. Game has been outdated since it released anyways.

However, I will be watching Tekken. I've never really seen competetive Tekken so this should be cool.

=( No games that are really interesting to me sadly.

Except maybe Tekken. Tekken is always nice to watch for those fancy looking combos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)