Other Metagames MnM-Mew is Very Disgusting, and I love it (Peak 1380)

I wanted to get this out before the DLC comes out, because to be totally honest with you, I've been having a blast with this team. I'm deeply saddened knowing that we probably aren't getting any more Megas in the future. Let's make our own, extremely busted Megas instead
Before you read this, I just wanted to say that I hope you are having a wonderful day. The days in quarantine drag on, and laddering on the Mix and Mega ladder just speeds that process up. I hope every one of you finds this informative and maybe will become more interested into the tier. Anyways, to the team we go...

OU Mesprit (Mew) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs:
0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

- Soft-Boiled
- Dazzling Gleam / Scald

I have no other words for this monstrosity of a Pokemon set other than this: It is ridiculously fun to use, and I would absolutely despise facing it. Fortunately I have not seen a single other person use this set on the ladder in my time. Now that I'm thinking about this, maybe I don't want to post this, because more of these things will be running around. Anyway, back to the point. This things defense reaches an absolutely ludicrous defense stat of 482 upon Mega Evolving with it's Slowbronite (+70 Def, +30 SpAtk). For context, Max Defense Primal Groudon with a Bold Nature reaches 460 Def. Once this thing starts setting up Calm Minds, it's hard to beat. It's defense stat is so high it can easily live multiple hits from gargantuan threats such as Altarianite Arcanine, who does a whopping 40% with Flare Blitz in sun (Replay #2, Turn 21) Stored Power is for obvious reasons, as it OHKO's most mons that aren't resisted after two or three Calm Minds. Dazzling Gleam is for those pesty Dark types, thinking my only attacking move is Stored Power, and they'll get a sure kick out of that. Perhaps the two greatest things for Mew are it's Ability and it's nerfed damage from Knock Off. With everything holding a Mega Stone, Knock off is essentially useless in this metagame, which Mew very much appreciates. It's Ability, Shell Armor, prevents crits, making it impossible for even the strongest of special attackers to break through it without Mold Breaker or stat boosts of their own. Scald is for burning those physical attackers, as well as a better way around steels.
Mew is mostly crippled by Toxic. Though we do have Cleric Support in the back, that is not always reliable. Other Pokemon who like to use stat boosts, such as it's rival for the best Slowbronite mon (In my opinion) Reuniclus, does beat it 1v1 with Iron defense + Calm Mind + Stored Power, especially if Reuniclus stays away from Toxic. Moves like Crunch, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, etc, all Make Mew very vulnerable. While 482 defense is crazy, with the threats in this metagame, especially with a boost, even Mew cannot withstand that much brute force. Overall, this is easily the MVP of the team. I cannot count how many times I've been in a pinch, and I just start setting up, and before I know it, I've won.

Hyper Offense (Toxapex) @ Banettite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs:
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs:
0 Atk
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker / Haze
So uh, we're sticking on the trend of disgusting mons. It gets more interesting later, I promise! Essentially, this is for T-Spikes. Although this thing can wall out just about anything without super-effective damage. Poison them with either the T-Spikes or Baneful Bunker, and do what Toxapex's do best: be annoying as hell and physically incapable to die. Prankster Recover and T-Spikes is very nice, especially when you underestimate how much damage and opponent does, or there's a crit, or whatever the situation. Scald is also a very fair move, and burns are always nice if it's a steel or poison type unable to be poisoned. or just generally a large physical threat. Pex also is literally bulkier than Primal Groudon on the Physical and Special spectrum, with 162 in each base defenses, but I opted for a physically defensive set, really just for Arcanine to be honest, that thing is brazy. I don't have much more to say on this mon other than this: if you see no Poison type, get up T-Spikes ASAP. Haze is for setup, obviously. MnM doesn't have a lot of great removal in my experience, and the constant pressure this team puts on the opponent may sway them to keep up with the momentum, and may opt not to Defog or Rapid Spin. Overall, without either a stat boost or strong super-effective move, sometimes both, this thing is hard to break, though not impossible.

Kohlrabi (Celebi) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Weather Ball (Sun)
- Solar Beam
This has to be my favorite set on the team. Solar Beam coming off a 399 special attack stat, STAB, hurts a lot of things, very badly. Few things that aren't resisted by it take it very well. And for those steel types you think wall this thing? Weather ball blows those steels into the next generation. Small story not related to mons at all, my family has grown Kohlrabi for like 30 years. If you are unaware of what kohlrabi is, it's basically a cabbage and radish mix. Anyway, here's the Cleric support I was talking about earlier with Mew. This thing eats up U-Turn's for breakfast, which quite honestly surprised me. U-Turns typically don't do over 70% to this thing, and considering this is a 4x weakness, that's pretty damn good. Speaking of U-Turn, that is it's final move, and is generally very nice for momentum. Fire Types are a problem however. They resist both of Celebi's moves, as well as take advantage of the sun Celebi put up for it. This is why Toxapex is so important to the team, nothing else can sponge up a Arcanine Flare Blitz or Cinderace Pyro Ball in the sun. It appreciates Knock Off not being viable just like Mew, as well as being even more resistant to water moves. It's certainly isn't the greatest mon on the team, but it is a very good wall breaker.

Clamora (Weavile) (F) @ Glalitite
Ability: Pressure
EVs:
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade

- Throat Chop
- Quick Attack
- Fake Out
I cannot accurately tell you how many times I have clicked just Fake Out and gotten at least 2 kills with it. Fake Out gets boosted to 48 base power and STAB, which is a deathly combination. This is made even more deadly with Weavile's 419 attack stat. With all the Pinsirite and Bird and Dragon Spam running around, this thing is a must have. I could name every mon it checks with just the combo of Fake Out + Quick Attack, but I'd be here for a while, so just to name a few: Dragapult, Hydreigon, Noivern. All of these Pokemon mow through my team, but Fake Out prevents that. Throat Chop is a very cool soft check for mons wanting to Boomburst (Sylveon, Kommo-O, Toxtricity, etc.) Okay you're all going to laugh at me for this, but sometimes if I see that Weavile goes brazy against someone, but I need a slight power boost, I'll click T-Spikes on Toxapex against a mon with magic bounce (Diancite mons, Sablenite mons) just so Facade gets something along the lines of like 168 base power with STAB, which is just ridiculous. Throat Chop isn't a great move, so Weavile can be beat easily by anything that resists Ice and has even a little bit of bulk to it. It's ice stab helps it deal with the Dragons Celebi dislikes as well. Fake Out is also very good with T-Spikes, in that it can rack up a lot of damage over time. Weavile here is the setup control.

Lilburr (Excadrill) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs:
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Iron Head / Stealth Rocks
- Rapid Spin

Let's get right to the point, this thing is a monster. 195 base attack upon mega evolving, 108 base speed and the opportunity to get a speed boost with rapid spin. Along with Scrappy, this thing no longer fears Intimidate and can spin on anything. Earthquake is turned into a nuke to any thing that isn't immune or isn't resisted. Without Mega Evolving immidiately, this thing is still great. Sometimes if I need to absorb a grass move better or a toxic, I won't mega. Sometimes if I'm playing one of the Rotom forms or any Levitate mon or Magic Bounce mon, I can use Mold Breaker Earthquake and Rocks respectively. Brick Break is there for a strong STAB after Mega Evolving, and can deal with screens. This adds a much needed Dark resist to the team, with two Psychic types and Weavile, who is not meant to take hits, especially with mons like Metagrossite Bisharp and Hydreigon running around. This thing is not unstoppable, as bulky bug and flying types wall it pretty hard if they are not weak to Iron head. Rocks do slightly pressure them, but only if they're already up when they come in. Not much else to say on this mon, it just does Drill things.

EZ Bake (Rotom-Heat) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs:
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs:
0 Atk
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
Rotom is glue, and deals with a lot of the things this team can't very well. Most prominently, this is my best answer to Venusaurite Corvinknight. Furthermore, a soft check to Pinsirite Arcanine, though Rotom is not that bulky, so more than likely It's not switching in more than 3 times. Perhaps it would be better with another stone, like Altarianite, but I need Levitate because, as you can probably tell, this team does not appreciate ground spam. I prefer Discharge over Thunderbolt simply because of the added chance to paralyze. Coupled with Hex and also Toxapex's T-Spikes, and Hex is a deadly tech if the opponent does not see it coming, wiping out would-be checks like a statused Dragapult or other Dragon types. Overheat because, well, it's a Rotom-Heat. Nasty Plot is for that extra kick you might need on something. I found the most use out of Rotom as a mid-game breaker, Paralyze a thing or two, maybe kill off a mon. It reaches a respectable 135 Special Attack stat, and still has a great speed tier in 86. Rotom has emense trouble with Mons that resist it's duel stab, and either cannot be easily statused or resist Hex. Hydreigon, Kommo-O, etc. As a glue, it's not going to get 4 kills in a game, but it is a great teammate for the others.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1117575334
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1117580876
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1117813396
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1117821988
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1118127470
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1118136983
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1125805193
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1129177080

Thank you for reading this RMT. I hope you all have positive feedback and opinions on my team. Have a great day and happy laddering!

Full team: https://pokepast.es/839754b8f47a7891

Special thanks: Andyboy , who gave me great feedback on my Excadrill set. Chloe , the person who responded to my email to Pokeaim, saying that I should make an RMT on the team so aim can see it, along with the rest of the public.

Last edited:
Hello there, nice team. I like the off-meta sets your team delivered but I think there is some room for improvement for it.

OU Mesprit (Mew) @ Slowbronite/Sablenite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Dazzling Gleam/Scald
Sablenite is a better Stone imo, offering the god ability Magic Bounce, which prevents other walls from using status, mainly Toxic on Mew to outstall it. Although I understand that Slowbronite offers better Defense and prevents crits from yeeting Mew, the first problem can be backed up by changing Dazzling Gleam to Scald to discourage physical attackers (well 20 extra def isnt that much anyway); crits I don't think are realy a problem, as Sablenite offers great 100/150/150 bulk so a crit probably wouldn't OHKO you. Not a necessary change for this imo

Hyper Offense (Toxapex) @ Banettite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes/Haze
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker/Haze
If you run Banettite Pex, Haze is a must as it shuts down any attempts of set up. Depends on what move you wanna sack, I'd personally go for TSpikes' slot as Bunker and Scald can already status mons for Rotom.

Lilburr (Excadrill) @ Lopunnite/Latiosite/Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break/Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head/Facade (pinsirite only)
- Rapid Spin
I've never used Exca so idk about this. I like the idea of no Spinblocking of Lopunnite, but the problem is that Brick Break has a pretty low Base Power. Pinsirite is another way to bypass Ghost-types, but Facade isn't that good too. Another common Exca set is Latiosite which gives it a Ground immunity. I just felt like Loppunite Exca is wrong but it works yeah

Other mons are fine, just a bit off-meta so it felt weird. Nice team overall and I hope my advice helped. Please note that I'm not an experienced MnM player nor rater.

Mega Metaboss
Sablenite Mew certainly is interesting, and I can see the logic in it, but I don't know I'm a huge fan of it. I do like the Scald option though, I hadn't considered it.
I played around with Haze over Baneful, and I found that not being able to scout the Mega Stone or move was invaluable. It's certainly an option, but personally I like Baneful, though it is a great option
Drill change is probably for the best, and I've been playing around with Pinsirite and Lucarionite Drill lately. I don't think I've ever run Latiosite, though Levitate+40 attack does sound pretty spicy. I'll edit Haze on there, and in a few weeks I might make another RMT with Lucarionite drill.

Thank you so much for the feedback Mega metaboss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)