1v1 singles
10HR DQ
0 Recoveries/0 Chills max per mon
1 Substitution
ASB arena good?
Items = Training
Abilities = All
Switch = 99 Red Balloons

Sounds like a simple enough of a battle to me, looking for it to be short too. Lets take a closer look at tonight's Pokemon!

Mog's Mon

Rarity:3
Ambipom [Dexter] (M)

Nature:Jolly (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Normally, Max: 30]). The Divisor is 870 for fully evolved Pokemon, 580 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 435 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 290 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Special Attack)

Personality: (to be added)

Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Technician: (Innate)
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects.

Pick Up: (Innate)
This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.

(DW)Skill Link: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s skillfull aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).(UNLOCKED)

Stats:
Ambipom
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 132 (115 x 1.15^)(+)
Acc Boost: 15%
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 19

EC:6/6
MC:1
DC:5/5

Attacks:
Scratch
Tail whip
Sand-Attack
Astonish
Baton pass
Tickle
Fury swipes
Swift
Screech
Double Hit
Last Resort

Fake out
Agility
Counter

Brick Break
Shadow claw
Grass knot
Acrobatics
Facade
(Attacks=19)

Ullar's Mon

<Ivysaur> [Floros] (Male)
Nature: Rash (+Sp.Attack, -Sp. Def.)
Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Poison Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:

Overgrow (Type: Innate)
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Chlorophyll (Type: Innate) [DW, Unlocked]
During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Ivysaur
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 60
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
Poisonpowder
Sleep Powder
Take Down
Razor Leaf
Sweet Scent
Growth
Synthesis
Worry Seed

Curse
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Charm

Sludge Bomb
Grass Knot
Flash
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Venoshock
Toxic

Grass Pledge

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Worry Seed > Giga Drain > Sludge Bomb

So these two meet again...

If he uses Fake out, push actions down.

Round 1

Here folks. We have a good match between MogRunner and UllarWarlord both of which are new to me, but I've been gone for awhile. So lets see how well they fair against each other. Mog's Ambipom get's the first hit off. Or should I say Double Hit off(Horrible joke). Ivysaur returns the favor by shooting off a Worry seed, full of nerve gas apparently! It hits Ambipom and explodes, the gas going everywhere! Looks like Ambipom is wide awake, and is now an insomniac switching all his abilities to Insomnia.

The next round of attacks is coming your way! A loud, ape like Screech is emitted from Ambipom, giving everyone in the crowd a headache, but also lowers Ivysaur's Defense! How exciting! Ivysaur decides that Ambipom is looking a little too chipper, and decides to steal some of his health with a very useful Giga Drain. Taking Ambipom's life and giving it to Ivysaur, what a great idea!

Final action of the round, will it make a difference in deciding a leader? Lets find out. An Acrobatics act from Ambipom leads to really heavy damage on Ivysaur from the looks of it. While Ivysaur shoots a bunch of sludge in the form of a bomb! Ending off this Round.

Ambipom used Double Hit
17 damage, 5 energy

Ivysaur used Worry Seed
-7 energy, Ambipom abilities switched.

Ambipom used Screech
-5 energy

Ivysaur used Giga Drain
13 damage, 11 energy, 6 health regained

Ambipom used Acrobatics
23 damage, 7 energy

Ivysaur used Sludge Bomb
14 damage, 6 energy

HP: 71
Energy:83
Worry Seeded(3)
Poisoned(2DPA)

vs.

HP: 57
Energy:76
-2 Defense

(I'm pretty sure Giga Drain still works, but I asked on irc and if I get a different answer I'd be glad to change it.)

Welcome to Round 2 folks, at the end of last round, MogRunner and Ambipom had a bit of a lead over Ullar and his Ivysaur, maybe they can change that in round 2! To start everything off, a second, very loud ape like Screech emits from Ambipom's mouth and forces everyone in the stands to grab their ears in pain and it lowers Ivysaur's Defense even more. While Ivysaur kicks on the Charm, giving Ambipom a little wink, lowering it's attack, and will to fight it. Talk about seduction! Either way, Ambipom decides to turn his poison into a plus, and uses Facade. Ivysaur doesn't quite find it right to attack yet, and uses Flash, emitting a bright light from it's flower, causing Ambipom to lose accuracy.
Finally, Ambipom begins a second Acrobatics act, flinging himself all over the arena and finally hits Ivysaur for huge damage. Ivysaur finish the round with a Giga Drain, and things are not looking good at all for him.

Ambipom used Screech
- 5 energy

Ivysaur used Charm
-6 energy

Ambipom used Facade
22 damage, -7 energy

Ivysaur used Flash
-5 energy

Ambipom used Acrobatics
22 damage, 7 energy

Ivysaur used Giga Drain
13 damage, 11 energy, 6 health regained

HP: 52
Energy:64
Poisoned(2DPA)
-1 Acc
-1 Atk

vs.

HP: 19
Energy:54
-3 Defense

Round 3

This will be quick Folks, Ambipom begins to flip and twirl around the arena one more time, hitting Ivysaur, and knocking him out cold. I wish I could say it was a close game. but it wasn't.

Rewards

Ullarwarlord receives 2CC
- Ivysaur receives 1 EC/2MC/1DC

Mogrunner receives 2CC
- Ambipom receives 3 MC and 1 KOc

I receive 3 UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)