move 2: Lava Plume
move 3: Sludge Bomb
move 4: Calm Mind
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

The main strength of Mollux lies in its ability to safely switch in and pressure Fairy-types such as Clefable and Jumbao. Its good bulk alongside a wide range of resistances allows it to check many special threats such as Dragapult, Chandelure, and Rotom-H. Its immunity to Water-type attacks provided by Dry Skin allows Mollux to also check threats like Dracovish and Pelipper. However, the downside to Dry Skin is that Mollux will take residual damage every turn under sun, so it won't be able to check Fire-type attackers. While serving as a wall, Mollux can also be very threatening because very few Pokemon can resist its two STAB moves and it can spread status easily thanks to Sludge Bomb and Lava Plume. Calm Mind allows Mollux to make the most of this asset, making it all the more threatening and allowing it to check Calm Mind Clefable. 8 Speed EVs allow Mollux to allways outspeed Adamant Conkeldurr.

Mollux's key weakness to Stealth Rock forces it to run Heavy-Duty Boots, making it prone to Knock Off. Therefore, it will be forced out against common Knock Off users like Toxapex and Arghonaut.

Mollux is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra, as their typings defensively complement each other perfectly ; both are immune to Ground-type attacks that Mollux is weak to, while Mollux acts as a Fire- and Water-type switch-in. They can also provide hazard removal to clear Stealth Rock away in case Mollux loses Heavy-Duty Boots. Tomohawk and Arghonaut prevent physical attackers like Terrakion and Colossoil from taking advantage of Mollux. Pokemon that struggle against Clefable like Hydreigon, Kyurem, Dragapult and Mandibuzz pair well with Mollux, as Mollux counters it. Kyurem and Hydreigon are also good to punish Ground-types like Seismitoad and Hippowdon that annoy Mollux. Grass Knot Zeraora and Toxic Smokomodo are also good options to pressure Ground-types and can help Mollux to sweep. Finally, Dragapult appreciates particularly the status Mollux spreads, potentially allowing it to sweep with Hex late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Atha, 450411]]
- Quality checked by: [[Jho, 208105], [quziel, 297859]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
AM Check Strikethrough = Remove Bold= add / Comments

Also Add [QC 0/2] to the thread title
Atha
[SET]
name: Spdef Rocker
move 1: Recover
move 4: Stealth Rock / Calm Mind
item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Black Sludge
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Ask QC team if Black Sludge or HDB should come first. Also Mention Calm Mind

[SET COMMENTS]

The main strength of Mollux lies in its wide range of resistances as well as in the immunity to water attacks provided by Dry Skin. This coupled with its high special bulk allows it to hard wall a large number of threats such as Jumbao, Rotom-Heat, Volkraken or Keldeo. Depending on the situation it can also check Kyurem, Hydreigon and ghost attackers like Dragapult and special Aegislash. Its dual type gives it immunity to poison and burn, making paralysis the only common status that can affect it. Thanks to Lava Plume and Sludge Bomb and its good special attack, it threatens both to seriously damage fragile Pokemon and to inflict a burn or poison on more defensive ones, so few of them can safely come in on it. It is able to threaten the metagame's best hazards removers, Corviknight, Equilibra (with Lava Plume) and Mandibuzz (with Sludge Bomb), making it an overall good rocker. It can come almost for free on Clefable and threaten it with a 2hko with Sludge Bomb.
Mention Calm Mind in the moves section. Also touch on Clear Smog and how it beats CM Clef.
An alternative EV set is 252 HP/ 68 Def / 188 SpD ask QC if this is worth mentioning

However, Mollux is not without flaws, especially because of its key weaknesses, on the one hand to the rocks and on the other hand to the ground type. It is therefore very dependent on Heavy-Duty Boots, which is a bad omen in a metagame where Knock Off is everywhere. Moreover, any Pokemon with ground coverage threatens at any time to ohko it, restricting its movements. It is also a bit too passive at times, like against Calm Mind Clefable and others bulky setup sweepers, against which it can't do anything. Finally Dry Skin forces it to suffer 12% damage per turn under the sun, which makes it difficult to keep it high in hp healthy if the opponent uses Drought Jumbao.
Mention Specific pokemon it should be weary of when you reference Knock Off in the first sentence
When you talk about CM clef mention Clear Smog if you decide to mention it above that is.

It is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra because their typings defensively complement each other perfectly. Dragapult appreciates the status it spreads to spam Hex in the endgame. Finally Mollux fits particularly well in the Rain teams thanks to Dry Skin, although this archetype is not at its best now.

Mention what Pokemon in particular like having it on rain i.e. Seismitoad

Last edited:
Ask QC team if Black Sludge or HDB should come first.
I didn't mention Black Sludge because I think Boots are strictly better. I'll wait for the actual QCs for this one.

Also Mention Calm Mind
I didn't mention Calm Mind for the same reason : I think it won't work in most cases. However I agree a bit more with this one, given it would fit on a different set.

Also touch on Clear Smog and how it beats CM Clef.
Clear Smog looks extremely ugly and not worth the moveslot, I don't think it's a move one should consider using at all.

An alternative EV set is 252 HP/ 68 Def / 188 SpD ask QC if this is worth mentioning
You're probably right, although there are many different Mollux spreads.

Mention Specific pokemon it should be weary of when you reference Knock Off in the first sentence
Ok
Mention what Pokemon in particular like having it on rain i.e. Seismitoad
Probably Pelipper then, but alright.

Add, Remove, comment

[SET]
name: Spdef Rocker
move 4: Stealth Rock

evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

name: Calm Mind

[SET COMMENTS]

The main strength of Mollux lies in its wide range of resistances as well as in the immunity to water attacks provided by Dry Skin. This coupled with its high special bulk allows it to hard wall a large number of threats such as Jumbao, Rotom-Heat, Volkraken or Keldeo. Depending on the situation it can also check Kyurem, Hydreigon and ghost attackers like Dragapult and special Aegislash. Its dual type gives it immunity to poison and burn, making paralysis the only common status that can affect it. Thanks to Lava Plume and Sludge Bomb and its good special attack, it threatens both to seriously damage fragile Pokemon and to inflict a burn or poison on more defensive ones, so few of them can safely come in on it. It is able to threaten the metagame's best hazards removers, Corviknight, Equilibra (with Lava Plume) and Mandibuzz (with Sludge Bomb), making it an overall good rocker. It can come almost for free on Clefable and threaten it with a 2hko with Sludge Bomb.

I think this misses the main point of Mollux which is to check the Fairy-types, mainly Clefable, but it also keeps Jumbao in check while also offering teams a good check to Dragapult and Rotom-H. The main focus of the first paragraph should be changed to fit this + explain what makes it a great user of Calm Mind (lets it not lose to CM Clefable, very few resists to its STABs, very difficult to actually kill etc). You should also mention what the speed is for (Max Speed adamant Conkeldurr)

However, Mollux is not without flaws, especially because of its key weaknesses, on the one hand to the rocks and on the other hand to the ground type. It is therefore very dependent on Heavy-Duty Boots, which is a bad omen in a metagame where Knock Off is everywhere. Moreover, any Pokemon with ground coverage give examples here threatens at any time to ohko it, restricting its movements. It is also a bit too passive at times, like against Calm Mind Clefable and others bulky setup sweepers, against which it can't do anything. It tends to set up alongside Pokemon like this and can generally hold its own, I wouldn't refer to Mollux as passive. Finally Dry Skin forces it to suffer 12% damage per turn under the sun, which makes it difficult to keep it high in hp if the opponent uses Drought Jumbao. Drought Jumbao still can't do any significant damage to Mollux so I'm not sure this is really relevant here

I think this paragraph can be rephrased to be closer to something like Usage Tips, cautioning people to be wary of Knock Off from Pokemon such as Toxapex and Clefable, which Mollux otherwise would love to come in on.

It is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra because their typings defensively complement each other perfectly You should give examples of things that Corviknight and Equilibra check that Mollux is scared out by and the other way around. Dragapult appreciates the status it spreads to spam Hex in the endgame. Finally Mollux fits particularly well in the Rain teams thanks to Dry Skin, although this archetype is not at its best now. Mollux doesn't really fit on the common Rain builds

There should definitely be some mention of Pokemon which appreciate ways to bully Fairy-types, such as Hydreigon etc

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
I know this is quite a lot of changes that come with a pretty hefty set change, so I'd like to go over this again once the changes have been made before stamping it :blobthumbsup:

Add, Remove, comment

I know this is quite a lot of changes that come with a pretty hefty set change, so I'd like to go over this again once the changes have been made before stamping it :blobthumbsup:
Done, thanks for the immediate Quality Control. There was some work to do lol
Are you sure I shouldn't mention the Dry Skin problem under sun though ? I know Mollux still walls Jumbao, but it has a hard times against fire attackers like Volkraken and Chandy.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Done, thanks for the immediate Quality Control. There was some work to do lol
Are you sure I shouldn't mention the Dry Skin problem under sun though ? I know Mollux still walls Jumbao, but it has a hard times against fire attackers like Volkraken and Chandy.
It's hardly relevant imo. Sun isnt too common and even if it is Mollux has Recover to help mitigate this.

Mollux has Recover to help mitigate this.
Yeah but that's exactly my point. Recover is usually enough, but under sun specs flamethrower from Volk and Chandy just do too much damage.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volkraken Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dry Skin Mollux in Sun: 162-191 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Dry Skin damage
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dry Skin Mollux in Sun: 170-201 (43.1 - 51%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Dry Skin damage

Soft Sun (Jumbao + a Fire type breaker) is pretty common nowadays and has been used multiple times in the last tournaments.

Add, Remove, comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

The main strength of Mollux lies in its ability to safely switch in and pressure Fairy types in Clefable and Jumbao. Its good bulk along with a wide range of resistances allow it to check many special threats such as Dragapult, Chandelure and Rotom-Heat. The point you previously had about sun being an issue because of Dry Skin should be here but instead, phrased that it cannot check Pokemon such as Chandelure in Sun due to its ability.The immunity to Water type attacks provided by Dry Skin also comes in handy against strong attackers such as Dracovish or Volkraken, provided clicking the Water type move is always taking the risk of healing up Mollux and loosing momentum I think this sentence can be tidied up a bit "The Water Immunity provided by Dry Skin allows Mollux to act as a good check to x/y"etc. While serving as a wall, Mollux can also be very threatening, mainly because very few Pokemon can resist its two STABs and it can spread status easily thanks to Sludge Bomb and Lava Plume. Calm Mind allows it to make the most of this asset, making it all the more threatening, and allowing it to check Calm Mind Clefable. The 8 evs in speed allow it to outpeed full speed Adamant Conkeldurr.

However, Mollux is not without flaws, especially because of its key weaknesses, on the one hand to Stealth Rock and on the other hand to the Ground type. It is therefore very dependent on Heavy-Duty Boots, meaning you should always be careful against Knock-Off users like Toxapex, Arghonaut or Mandibuzz, especially if your opponent has a special breaker like Choice Specs Dragapult or Kyurem. Moreover, any Pokemon with a Ground move like Equilibra, Seismitoad or Kommo-O threatens at any time to ohko it, restricting its movements. Scouting if the opponent has Ground coverage on Pokemon like Arghonaut or Kommo-O by switching out on them is often the safest choice.
Its pretty self explanatory not to let mollux get hit by a Ground-type move, and it doesn't want to be staying in against Argh or Kommo-o either since both can threaten it with Knock Off and Taunt respectively, even without Earthquake.

It is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra as their typings defensively complement each other perfectly : while they are immune to Ground type attacks and better check special attackers like Kyurem or Stratagem, neither of them are particularly great checks to Kyurem, I would prefer this point be about partners that check Terrakion, such as Arghonaut and Tomohawk. You can also mention that pairing it with Clefable allows them both to check Kyurem better. I don't think Stratagem is relevant enough to worry about here compared to the rest Mollux provides them the Water and Fire resistances they need. They also keep the rocks away in case Mollux is Knocked-Off. As Mollux counters the Fairy types which Pokemon are "the Fairy-types", Pokemon that struggle against them like Hydreigon, Kyurem or Dragapult pair well with it add Mandibuzz here. Dragapult appreciates particularly the status it spreads to spam Hex in the endgame.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
Good improvements! Sorry this is quite a lot of changes again though, so once again I'd like to look over it before moving on to QC 2, I also think the wording of a lot of the analysis could be fixed up quite a bit in general. :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Add, Remove, comment

Good improvements! Sorry this is quite a lot of changes again though, so once again I'd like to look over it before moving on to QC 2, I also think the wording of a lot of the analysis could be fixed up quite a bit in general. :blobthumbsup:
Done

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

The main strength of Mollux lies in its ability to safely switch in and pressure Fairy types in Clefable and Jumbao. Its good bulk along with a wide range of resistances allow it to check many special threats such as Dragapult, Chandelure and Rotom-Heat. The immunity to Water type attacks provided by Dry Skin allows Mollux to check threats like Dracovish and Pelipper. Dry Skin's default is however that Mollux will take residual damage every turn under sun, meaning it won't be able to check the aformetioned special threats. This is a bit awkwardly phrased; maybe just mention that it struggles to check Fire-Types when sun is up because of the chip damage. While serving as a wall, Mollux can also be very threatening, mainly because very few Pokemon can resist its two STABs and it can spread status easily thanks to Sludge Bomb and Lava Plume. Calm Mind allows it to make the most of this asset, making it all the more threatening, and allowing it to check Calm Mind Clefable. The 8 evs in speed allow it to outpeed full speed Adamant Conkeldurr.

Mollux's key weakness to Stealth Rock forces it to use Heavy-Duty Boots, making it weak to Knock-Off. It will therefore be forced out against common Knock-Off users like Toxapex and Arghonaut.

It is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra as their typings defensively complement each other perfectly : while they are immune to Ground type attacks, Mollux provides them the Water and Fire resistances they need. They also keep the rocks away in case Mollux is Knocked-Off. Tomohawk and Arghonaut prevent physical attackers like Terrakion and Colossoil from taking advantage of Mollux. As Mollux counters Clefable, Pokemon that struggle against it like Hydreigon, Kyurem, Dragapult and Mandibuzz pair well with it. Dragapult appreciates particularly the status it spreads to spam Hex in the endgame.Kyurem and Hydreigon also punish Seis and Hippo, two mons that annoy you. I'd like some mention of breakers that pressure Grounds, eg Strata or GK Zera (I know there are better examples but that's what I got from searching builder).

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Jho, 208105], [username2, userid2]]
QC 2/2 once implemented.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
i couldn't find this in the gp queue, so make sure to post your future analyses here so gp can get to them faster!
add remove (comments)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
The main strength of Mollux lies in its ability to safely switch in and pressure Fairy types in Fairy-types such as Clefable and Jumbao. Its good bulk alongside with a wide range of resistances allows it to check many special threats such as Dragapult, Chandelure, (AC) and Rotom-Heat. The Its immunity to Water-type (AH) attacks provided by Dry Skin allows Mollux to also check threats like Dracovish and Pelipper. Dry Skin's default is however However, the downside to Dry Skin is that Mollux will take residual damage every turn under sun, so it won't be able to check Fire-type attackers (do you wanna mention that fire-type moves also do more damage to dry skin, since you already mention how it can't check fire-types?). While serving as a wall, Mollux can also be very threatening, (RC) mainly because very few Pokemon can resist its two STABs moves and it can spread status easily thanks to Sludge Bomb and Lava Plume. Calm Mind allows it Mollux to make the most of this asset, making it all the more threatening, (RC) and allowing it to check Calm Mind Clefable. The 8 evs in speed allow it 8 Speed EVs allow Mollux to always outspeed full speed Adamant Conkeldurr (saying full speed sounds kinda contradicting coming before adamant so i changed it so it's more clear).

Mollux's key weakness to Stealth Rock forces it to use run Heavy-Duty Boots, making it weak prone (describes it better) to Knock-Off (RC). It will therefore Therefore, (AC) it will be forced out against common Knock-Off (RC) users like Toxapex and Arghonaut.

It Mollux is a good partner for Corviknight and Equilibra, (AC) as their typings defensively complement each other perfectly; (colon -> semicolon) both while they are immune to Ground-type (AH) attacks that Mollux is weak to, while Mollux provides them the Water and Fire resistances acts as a Water- and Fire-type switch-in they need. They also keep the rocks can also provide hazard removal to clear Stealth Rock away in case Mollux is Knocked-Off loses Heavy-Duty Boots due to Knock Off. Tomohawk and Arghonaut prevent physical attackers like Terrakion and Colossoil from taking advantage of Mollux. As Mollux counters Clefable, Pokemon that struggle against it Clefable like Hydreigon, Kyurem, Dragapult and Mandibuzz pair well with it Mollux, as Mollux counters it. Kyurem and Hydreigon are also good to punish Ground-types (AH) like Seismitoad and Hippowdon, (RC) which that annoy Mollux. Grass Knot Zeraora and Toxic Smokomodo are also good options to pressure Ground-types (AH) and can help set up for a Mollux to sweep. Finally, (AC) (optional, sentence otherwise sounded shoehorned in the paragraph) Dragapult appreciates particularly the status it Mollux spreads, (AC) potentially allowing it to sweep with Hex in the endgame late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Jho, 208105], [quziel, 297859]]
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)