XY NU Money (1.5 k rmt)

Hi I'm Ranger Mike and this is a team that I had built with Soulgazer during our b101 sessions, it has become very effective in my experiences with it but hasn't gotten above like 1400 maybe that's because I'm bad or something but whatever :s. Anyways let's get to the team.

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Gogoat is the pokemon this team is built around, sub bulk up gogoat has been really effective and although it misses out on milk drink, the loss is not exactly noticeable due to having horn leech. Gogoat also turns a lot of pokemon into setup fodder such as tangela, ferroseed, and seismitoad. Overall gogoat is a very underrated pokemon in the current metagame. I definitely reccomend you try this guy out!

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Another hidden gem in the neverused metagame is camerupt, commonly ridiculed for its quad weakness to water you have to consider some of the resistances it has such as: Fire (really good check to firespam), Fairy (soft cm slurpuff check), and an immunity to Electric. On top of this camerupt has access to rocks and is a great setter of them being able to beat lead qwilfish if you run earth power which I have considered running over earthquake. All in all gogoat and camerupt have a great amount of synergy with gogoat.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot

Garbodor is my usual lead, it does a great job of setting spikes and neutering mons such as seismitoad with toxic. It is also my emergency switch when it comes to things at low health like feraligatr, belly drum slurpuff, and physical mesprit. After lurking in the nu subforum I have seen a lot of hype for specially defensive garbodor and am wondering if it would fit this team more. But that is up for you to decide, anyways camerupt and garbodor form my hazard stacking core.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Finishing off my defensive core we have defensive rotom, a very good pokemon in the current metagame being able to check a lot of pokemon including but not limited to kangaskhan, sawk, and tauros. It is also a really effective status spreader being able to burn a multitude of common switchins. Rotom is also a great pivot being able to gain tons of momentum via volt switch.

Only feral gif I could find :pirate:
Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Feraligatr is one of if not the best pokemon in the tier currently due to it's ability to set up on a multitude of pokemon and this feraligatr is not different in the slightest, it is my late game cleaner. The reason I chose mysticwater is the fact that it scores so many juicy kos that you would not get should you hold lum berry instead not to mention that unless you have balls of steel you are not going to be statusing a feraligatr.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Mesprit is another one of the best pokemon in the current metagame. Choice scarf mesprit acts as my revenge killer and pseudo utility mon. This set alone can do so many things such as knock off items, gain momentum, and heal up one of my win conditions like feraligatr or rotom. Overall mesprit is a really solid pokemon despite being the last one added to the team, it usually carries the most weight.
Anyways that's the team. Rate it and be as harsh as you want to be :afrostar:

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Now onto what you have all been waiting for the 50ish shoutouts I have to do 9.9
Not in any particular order really sorry if I miss you, vm me or something. Also sorry that these are not going to be long but there are so many to do.

Kit Kasai You are a really cool fren even though you mkae fun of me :<
Uselesscrab Don't let the firebot mods get you down just stay in your home forum of other metagames :)
Piccolo Daimao Fren you are really nice, I hope that you are doing well rn cause you are leaving showdown for awhile
Audiosurfer sorry for being such a shitty tutee it was absolutely uncalled for and disgraceful
The Eevee General You have to be one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure to talk to, it is crazy how many badges you have now!
Hulavuta (◕‿◕✿)
Arikado (✿◠‿◠)
Pikachuun fren you are cool :)
Adrian Marin Tech mii hao two plai teh pokemanz
Arcticblast still never gonna forget that advice you gave me :) one day I will show that I have improved even more as a user ;)
Arhops rip
The Immortal rof
GlassGlaceon I finished the rmt this time :v4:
The Avalanches Cacturne Typhlito Shaymin :D sparktrain Kit Kasai regirock muh slurpuffs :')
regirock (again) I am gonna miss you so much please don't leave smogon forever :<
Corporal Levi God you have grown so much since I've met you :)
Expulso You were the one to get me into c & c and lc I sincerely thank you for that have fun away from smogon.
Lcass4919 fren have fun at college
Monte Cristo Please don't be discouraged by having your ladybug squashed :< you can get it back.
Heisenerg Mr. Hat :)
Hollywood Rip also notice me senpai.
Bean ew
unfixable ;o
Peef Rimgar Peef tbh you are my best smogon fren, sorry everyone else. Anyways imo team rater peef.
AWailOfATail HI THIS IS YOUR SHOUTOUT
E4 Flint for teaching me hao two balance heckmonz
gtfo and cry is god rip
Kl4ng you are one of the best players of any metagame I have ever seen I'd say you are the best bher in the world!
LLW Gao Changgong we never talk just watned to let you know that you are a really close second to kl4ng :)
Darnell o3o
Snaquaza have fun lurking :(
CactusCacti you are a gimmick >.>
Rumors see cactus
manu 11 fuck surskit
Feebas4ubers ey lmao
WhiteDMist cool user :)
Celever How did I forget you :( also a very improved and nice user n.n
Nozzle Fun guy, really nice

Last edited:
Hey man this is a super cool team! I personally am a massive fan of SubBU Gogoat, and I think this team has been done pretty well to support it. However, I see a massive weakness to Dark and Ghost types such as Liepard, Cacturne, and Mismagius. Furthermore, I see some difficulty with you dealing with Ludicolo, as it can set up safely on Rotom, Gatr, Camerupt, and Gogoat and you really cannot kill it in the rain. I feel this is a pretty solid team though, so nice work!

The easiest change that I could make is simply to suggest you try All Out Attacker Kangaskhan over Mesprit. Although you lose the amazing support of Scarf Healing Wish, you gain a substantial amount of utility in being able to stop weather users in their tracks, while giving you a way to safely pressure the Dark types that pose a threat to you, as between Fake Out and Drain Punch the majority are KOd early. Furthermore, it can check offensive ghosts types such as Mismagius and Rotom relatively well, and overall is just a more reliable revenge killer for your team.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf | Scrappy
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Double Edge | Fake Out | Sucker Punch | Earthquake / Drain Punch

Minor Changes:
Rotom: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe Timid Nature is what I suggest as the EV spread because you don't lose much bulk, but can outpace and burn base 85s [mainly Sawk] before they hit you, which is nice.

Cool team!

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You aren't really weak to cacturne because 1- Garbodor outspeeds and has Spikes + Toxic to just make it a joke 2- if it doesnt have drain punch, gogoat can deal with it 3- rotom can burn 4- gatr outspeeds and KO with Ice Punch Brawlfest

Kangaskhan is definitely a good option over Mesprit, but I think the jolly variant will work better since the team is kinda slow and you wouldn't want Jolly CB Sawk to sweep you. 252 HP 48 Def > 248 HP 52 Def imo.

anyway, my suggestion is gonna be to make Feraligatr a bit faster:

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry / Mystic Water
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

If you go with Kanga>Mesprit, Lum Berry will become more valuable as you will no longer have Healing Wish support to help against status. 192 Spe will allow Gatr to outspeed Max Speed Modest Ludicolo and potentially OHKO it with +2 Ice Punch after some damage. You need Ice Punch as otherwise Vileplume does too much work against the team, but if you think you can handle it well then go with Return.

You can also try out Hex on Rotom to help a bit against Grass-types such as Vileplume and other things that Rotom will come in on to cripple them with burns, but it might be a bit too situational and can potentially make Substitute users vs Rotom matchup worst for you, so its up to you.

As for the Liepard and Mismagius weakness, it is hard to fix as it would need you to change the general structure of the team, so the best thing you can do is try to be the less weak to them as possible. something I had in mind was SubEndeavor Belly Drum Slurpuff > Gogoat and PhDef Roselia > Garbodor to help with Dark-types and Fighting-types (they can wreck you if you misplay with Rotom and let Garbodor get weaken) while supporting SD Gatr by luring and weakening Vileplume and other physically defensive walls. Can also help against Ludicolo in rain if you switch Puff on Giga Drain to activate Unburden, but only do that if needed lol.

here's the sets:
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Play Rough
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Endeavor

DOWN B (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Finally, and iirc thats something we talked about when we made and tested this, your team can have some problems if your opponent has a strong entry hazard core. The team is kinda slow and doesn't have entry hazard control, so mons like Garbodor and Seismitoad can easily get entry hazards up. I really don't want to change the whole team :(, but you can try Stallbreaker Mismagius > Rotom (you should be able to handle Klinklang properly with Helmet + Drain Punch Garbo, Gatr, etc (it cant set up)), or somehow fit Kabutops over Gatr (you would gain more Ground-type weaks on your team, which is not good). IMO I say try to play around with Taunt or Rapid Spin user somewhere on the team and find the one that work the most.

sorry for the walls of text, gl :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)