Other Metagames (Mono Fire) Shame in flames - Peaked 1640

Power is the heat that burns me,
Something I'll always claim.
Something that's a game to play,
It's always shame in flames.

Hey, it's Chleg here with a Fire team I made. I was surprised at the lack of people using it since Fire in theory should be a rising type with the loss of M-Altaria, M-Charizard-X and a decrease in Dragon. I got the inspiration of doing this with the rise of Assault Vest Victini; I wanted to abuse it as much as possible on Fire with the lack of a good SpD user without losing the momentum other than Heatran.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

This was my first choice obviously. As said earlier, I wanted to try AV Victini.

Charizard-Y was also an obvious one. It can make Water moves 1x effective and can make Fire moves especially powerful. A perfect offensive supporter.

I chose Torkoal because it was a perfect hazards remover and semi-wall.

I needed a priority user so I chose Infernape to remove Rock types and Dark types.

I wanted more than Charizard-Y to be a wallbreaker. I needed something to wallbreak absolutely everything. I chose Banded Darmanitan which could 2HKO absolutely anything.

I chose Chandelure to remove Pokemon with the rise of Psychic and the decreased usage of Meloetta because of Hoopa-Unbound.

Eventhough Darmanitan was an incredible wallbreaker, even 2HKOing Slowbro with Flare Blitz under Sun, it didn't cut the bricks with its generally slow speed so I chose Entei for the priority and bulk.

IN DETAIL

Victini
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EV's 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Nature: Modest
Blue Flare/Energy Ball/Psyshock/Glaciate

Victini with its wide offensive movepool can be not just an excellent Scarfer but also an excellent offensive Special Attack absorber with its decent typing, good bulk and access to Assault Vest. Victory Star is Victini's only ability and can cause Glaciate to not miss and Blue Flare's accuracy to 93.5%. EV's are tailored to maximize offensive power and HP with extra speed to outspeed non speed Garchomp and to speed creep specific Zapdos. Additionally, 232 HP is used so it only takes 24% from Stealth Rocks, not 25%. Modest is used to maximize its offensive pressure and cause some good KO's like Garchomp and Landorus-I. Blue Flare is your most powerful STAB which can tear through walls, especially under sun. You are generally clicking Blue Flare most of the time. Energy Ball is coverage for Water and Hippowdon, 2 major threats to Fire. Psyshock is used for your secondary STAB and to remove Pokemon like Volcarona or Terrakion which could otherwise sweep with Rocks. Glaciate is used for nice Speed drops and to KO a few of the most threatening Pokemon as noted earlier with the addition of hurting Dragons.

Mega Charizard Y
Item: Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Fire Blast/Solar Beam/Defog/Tailwind

Mega Charizard Y is by far the best offensive supporter for Fire with access to do an amazing amount of jobs in one. It's ability Drought can cause Water moves to get crippled in the sun. It's EV's are to simply maximize its wallbreaking skills and its okay 100 speed. Timid is used to speed tie vs Pokemon like Mega Medicham which can otherwise KO it. Fire Blast is your main STAB which can tear through almost everything that gets in this way with only its 85% accuracy that backfires. It can also KO or 2HKO some Pokemon that Flamethrower doesn't defeat like SpDef Zapdos. Solar Beam is used for extremely good Water, Ground and Rock types and can KO a lot of them or even sweep them when their weather setter is defeated. Defog is a good way to remove hazards, most notably Stealth Rocks, in case your opponent has a spinblocker and can't be removed only with Torkoal. Tailwind is used over all the other moves to abuse damage output with speed and sun with another Pokemon, most likely Entei. It's also used to outspeed Mega Diancie when it uses Protect (usually).

Torkoal
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Nature: Bold
Lava Plume/Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock/Yawn

Torkoal is used as a semi-defensive wall and a useful Rapid Spinner. Leftovers is used for good passive recovery vs Pokemon that can't do anything vs Torkoal. Shell Armor isn't usually that useful other than when it negates the extremely lucky crit that can sometimes happen (especially when it's used by me). It's EV's are to maximize its Physically Defensive stats while 8 SpD is put in so Torkoal takes 24% from Stealth Rocks which is rarely but sometimes a game saver with Leftovers. Lava Plume is a reliable Fire move with a chance to burn, which can be a game saver. Rapid Spin is excellent to remove hazards off your field, most notably Stealth Rocks. Stealth Rocks are used yourself to break sashes or even force your opponent to remove hazards for you if needed. Yawn is used to force switches since Torkoal can't learn Whirlwind or Roar. You can also set-up while your opponent is sleeping.

Infernape
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Close Combat/Mach Punch/Fire Punch/Fake Out

Infernape is perfect for removing Rock types, most notably Tyranitar, and having good priority as well. Focus Sash is used to survive another attack since Infernape is extremely frail and not exactly that powerful, even with Life Orb. Iron Fist is used to power up Mach Punch and Fire Punch and since Infernape doesn't have any other useful ability available. EV's are used to simply as powerful as fast as you can with Jolly supporting its fairly blazing speed. Close Combat is your most powerful STAB and good for cleaning Rock when needed. Mach Punch is your priority STAB and is perfect for removing sash or Pokemon at low HP with Iron Fist, similar with Fake Out other than you can chip off extra damage which can be enough to KO your opponent. Fire Punch is used instead of Flare Blitz to keep its Sash intact and get a boost from Iron Fist.

Entei
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Sacred Fire/Extreme Speed/Stone Edge/Bulldoze

Entei, my most powerful priority user and my physical wallbreaker. Under Tailwind and sun, this guy can absolutely destroy most things, meaning they 2HKO them. Choice Band supports this to maximize its offensive power to new levels. Pressure is it's only ability and isn't normally useful but can be helpful if you somehow get into a PP stall with Entei. EV's and Adamant are to maximize its offensive potential with its moves. Sacred Fire is the move that you will be clicking most of the time if you are faster. Extreme Speed is your priority at +2 and still being extremely powerful boosted by Choice Band and can be a game changer. Stone Edge is used for Kyurem-B when sun isn't up and Dragonite. Bulldoze is used for only one Pokemon, Heatran; however, it can also be used for lowering speed.

Chandelure
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Fire Blast/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Trick

I chose Chandelure as my scarfer because of Psychic being on the rise and Meloetta decreasing. Chandelure is no slouch either with having an amazing SpAtk and 2 good abilities. I used Infiltrator to hit behind subs, something that is extremely useful in my team like troll Whimsicott. It's EV's are to abuse its amazing SpAtk and to maximize speed for Choice Scarf uses. Timid supports its speed as well. Fire Blast is your most powerful STAB but not as reliable with Shadow Ball being more reliable and having coverage on Psychic types. Energy Ball is used to remove the pesky Water and Ground types, especially Gastrodon. Trick is to cripple Pokemon and set-up sweepers like Manaphy if possible. It's also good as a last ditch so you can cripple your opponents Pokemon, especially walls.

THREATS

Weather Setters
Weather setters can ruin wallbreaking opportunities because they decrease the damage output and most hazards setters have the advantage vs Fire, giving Fire a disadvantage. You can defeat Politoed and Hippowdon with a Grass move but weather removal is extremely annoying.

Mega Tyranitar + Mandibuzz
These two alone can put a complete stop to this team. You can't really defeat this core other than going into Charizard-Y and burning both with Entei which is your only choice to be honest other than pressuring with Rocks with Torkoal...

Garchomp/Mega Garchomp
These are threats because they can remove Fire no problem generally and you don't know what set it is until it mega evolves or something obvious. Victini can kill it with Glaciate if its normal Garchomp while tanking it while with Mega Garchomp you have to chip damage it and sack a load of Pokemon.

Mega Diancie
This thing can defeat Fire with no problem in the right conditions. The only way to defeat it is to go into Victini/Chandelure where you tank or outspeed and remove it with Energy Ball then revenge kill it with priority or Tailwind with Charizard and hope your opponent uses Protect.

TiniTiny (Victini) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Glaciate

Overrated (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Defog
- Tailwind

Underrated (Torkoal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Gay monkey (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch

Eternal Flame (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Wish I Was Sia (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Trick

scpinion - A really nice guy and an RO in the Monotype room; I would be dumb not to shout out him. :)
Dream Eater Gengar - This guy is the best roleplayer there is and he will always will be. In all honesty, hes a really nice guy and I wouldn't really of got here without him and maybe a little bit of his ELO.
Dusk Raimon - This guy gave people hope, hope that 10 year olds can play Pokemon competitively. A generally nice guy as well most of the time.
Can't think of others on the top of my head...

(Seriously who thought of Char-Y's giant tail)

scpinion getting tagged again

Peace out.​

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there solid team!

I could also see Volcarona > Victini here. Your team has no set up sweeper, and Victini isn't offering a whole ton. Volcarona is also somewhat bulky on the special side especially after setting up.
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

Standard volcarona really, I didn't innovate. Sets up, sweeps, wins, you know the deal.

It fits especially well on the team because you opted for defog zardy, which gives you 2 forms of hazard control.

That's all I have, nice team, grats on peak.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Firstly Ty for shoutout, ;) secondly really nice team with solid peak. I would reccomend heatran, over victini, because the offensive air BALOON set deals with two of the threats listed (mandi+garchomp). It also maintains decent bulk with great natural bulk.

Set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

(Not in hide tag cause im stoopid and can't work out how)

Joshz said:
Hey there solid team!

Have you considered Ice Punch > Fake Out on Infernape? It offers great coverage, ESPECIALLY for Lando-I and Garchomp who otherwise butt fuck your team.
252 Atk Iron Fist Infernape Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 364-432 (114.1 - 135.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO / 252 Atk Iron Fist Infernape Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 352-416 (98.5 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (tank chomp only takes like 70ish)
Just offers a lot of utility against ground in ggeneral, and the surprise factor is fun.

I could also see Volcarona> Victini here. Your team has no set up sweeper, and Victini isn't offering a whole ton. Volcarona is also somewhat bulky on the special side especially after setting up.
v o l c a r o n a s e t (open)

It fits especially well on the team because you opted for defog zardy, which gives you 2 forms of hazard control.

That's all I have, nice team, grats on peak.
Thanks Josh but...

Umm... Infernape doesn't learn Ice Punch? So I'll ignore that for now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Victini was the only reason I made this team in the first place and the reason I don't use Volcarona because eventhough I don't have a set-up sweeper, it causes too much open threats like Terrakion openly while I have even less of a chance vs Diancie-M and Garchomp. Victini also can remove a chunk of flying with its good moveset breaking down its defensive and some of its offensive core unlike Volcarona. Eventhough I said that, I will try it because it can tear out Dark mono's in the right conditions.

Thanks for the suggestions.

dusk raimon said:
Firstly Ty for shoutout, ;) secondly really nice team with solid peak. I would reccomend heatran, over victini, because the offensive air BALOON set deals with two of the threats listed (mandi+garchomp). It also maintains decent bulk with great natural bulk.

Set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

(Not in hide tag cause im stoopid and can't work out how)
Well I should mention that Mandibuzz itself isn't the threat, it's Mandibuzz + Mega Tyranitar which Tyranitar can remove Heatran no problem. Garchomp can be removed by Heatran but only if Heatran's Air Balloon is intact which is risky. Victini also has the same principle as Heatran in that case anyway.

Last edited:
I just noticed this team was here lol. I like it a lot, it's actually rly good, idk what to put for a suggestion, other than maybe fletchinder (bc its op af imo), but, yea, job well done! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)