Monogen

Hey I wanted to see if I could get some suggestive feedback. I love this meta-game, very cool. I tried to build a team based upon Pokes I own as plush (something I frequently do) for the Kanto Gen. I like what I came up with, but I think it could use some work. I'd like to come up with an super competitive team using anyone from Gen I as well as a team using Pokes I own as plush (just something I've done since Blue). Here is my current team:

Code:
Charcoal (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X 
Ability: Blaze 
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Swords Dance 
- Tailwind 
- Flare Blitz 
- Dragon Claw 

Kazzy (Starmie) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Analytic 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Rapid Spin 
- Hydro Pump 
- Psychic 
- Ice Beam 

Rarina (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band 
Ability: Multiscale 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Outrage 
- Extreme Speed 
- Thunder Punch 
- Superpower 

Spook (Gengar) (F) @ Black Sludge 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Hex 
- Taunt 
- Will-O-Wisp 
- Sludge Wave 

Snorlax @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Thick Fat 
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD 
Adamant Nature 
- Return 
- Pursuit 
- Earthquake 
- Self-Destruct 

Tinkerbell (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Magic Guard 
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD 
Calm Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Moonblast 
- Thunder Wave 
- Wish
Charizard and Starmie were the two I really wanted to work with. I also wanted Dragonite as a revenge killer/ early game for chipping away as well as Clefable as a healer. The Snorlax and Gengar just kind of happened. Here are the other Pokes I'd consider using: Blastoise, Venusaur, Raichu, Alakazam, Tentacruel, Gyarados, Lapras, Vaporeon, Arcanine, and Golduck. Again I'd like to make a team using the ones I've already listed or those guys first. It doesn't have to be top tier, just something fun.

With that said I'd also like to try to make a super competitive team with a Charizard X/Starmie Core. I'd be open for any suggestions there. I like the way the two of them work together.

Thanks everyone, sorry for such a difficult order.

Wait,does that mean the mechanics of every gen will work the way they did in their generations? For instance,if I choose to have gen 3 monotype team,will the weather be permanent?If so,then it will be the choice of every player.Anyways,i hope I'm answered,and this actually looks really fun :)

MAMP

MAMP!
Wait,does that mean the mechanics of every gen will work the way they did in their generations? For instance,if I choose to have gen 3 monotype team,will the weather be permanent?If so,then it will be the choice of every player.Anyways,i hope I'm answered,and this actually looks really fun :)
No, it's Gen 6 mechanics regardless of which generation your team is.

Glad there is a ladder for this, thanks whoever proposed it! Being doing fine with a Gen 3 balanced team. I beat all Gen 4 eaaasy, most gen 5, lost to only one gen 2 stall team (I beat most of the other gen 2 teams including rain) and have hmm 50/50 win rate versus gen 1 which is understandable.

Hello everyone, my first post so sorry if I format badly I'l do my best :)

Anyways I've enjoyed this Meta and I've found Gen 1 and 2 are the most with Gen 4 probably being the third most used.
I saw almost no Gen 6 teams and very few Gen 5 and Gen 3 and I typically found 3, 5 and 6 to be easily handled by my team (maybe experience, my have been luck but generally speaking they weren't very problematic).
I found the biggest threats to my team were stall teams (Gen 1 in particular), Weavile (along with Mega Scizor) and Bisharp (due to defog restrictions) although this is probably due to my defensive choices.
Anyways my team got me to second place on the ladder so I thought I'd share it here for people to use, modify and critique.
The team really suffers with hazards up so keeping Mew healthy to keep defogging is really important.
My general strategy was to wear down walls and get prior damage on bulky attackers for me to clean up with Gengar or Moltres and while it isn't much of a strategy it did work out majority of the time.
As a sidenote Vaporeon was a solid check for M-Charizard Y as I laddered as it took around 30% max from any attack and Venusaur (once mega'd) was a solid check to M-Lopunny

Code:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite 
Ability: Thick Fat 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA 
Bold Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Giga Drain 
- Sludge Bomb 
- Synthesis 
- Leech Seed 

Vaporeon @ Leftovers 
Ability: Water Absorb 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD 
Calm Nature 
- Protect 
- Wish 
- Scald 
- Haze 

Moltres @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Pressure 
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Naive Nature 
- Fire Blast 
- Hurricane 
- U-turn 
- Hidden Power [Electric] 

Mew @ Leftovers 
Ability: Synchronize 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe 
Careful Nature 
- Defog 
- Knock Off 
- Heal Bell 
- Roost 

Golem @ Weakness Policy 
Ability: Sturdy 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Sucker Punch 
- Earthquake 
- Stone Edge 

Gengar @ Focus Sash 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Shadow Ball 
- Sludge Wave 
- Focus Blast 
- Dazzling Gleam

Just looking at the metagame the person who builds a successful gen 4 team has to be a real genius I don't see any complete cores being formed that aren't outclassed by other gens.
Definitely going to build gen 5(because Hyper offense is the way to go.Stall = dumb.) and gen 3(cause it is my favourite gen. :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)