Monomo tounament! (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the DESTROYER said:
ban all hidden powers SE to the type everyone in using. otherwise for example at fire you get moltres's subbing down to the salac boost and sweeping the opponent with HP: water
Aren't we banning unstab hp already...also zard would be more of a threat at least imo

in 2 days,i will go to argentina, and i return
the next week...(18 of july :p)
if i can battle in this date,i am in

I'm in, if I'm allowed. This should be interesting.

However, I have to say that I'm confused why Steel is banned. Is it because of Magneton dominance? It doesn't seem like it will because of Metagross, who will be allowed if we do mono-Psychic, or Skarmory, who will be allowed if we do mono-Flying. I'm just wondering why, since possibly seeing Mawile would have been interesting....

Similarly, I have to ask: So, Water, Steel, and Dragon types are officially banned? I'm assuming that mono-Ghost is also banned because everyone will be forced to use the same team, as stated in your later comment.

Furthermore, are there any banned Pokemon, at least when it comes to mono-type? Because I see Tyranitar dominating mono-Rock or Blaziken dominating mono-Fire, but maybe that's just me (and inevitable).

*cross fingers for mono-Poison*

Only Mono dragon and ghost are officially banned, due to underpopulation. Water and steel are very unlikely to be chosen due to being such standerdized types.

out....woops i mean in...

2 questions:

1. when is it being held?
2. will we be given time to make new teams for the next round if we get through a round or do we need to prepare all these teams...?

sorry about the stupid questions :S

Acadia said:
Furthermore, are there any banned Pokemon, at least when it comes to mono-type? Because I see Tyranitar dominating mono-Rock or Blaziken dominating mono-Fire, but maybe that's just me (and inevitable).
How will Blaziken dominate the mono-Fire with the presence of Charizard, who is faster and can AA? Tyranitar gets owned by a Brick Break from some other Rock type.

Echo said:
How will Blaziken dominate the mono-Fire with the presence of Charizard, who is faster and can AA? Tyranitar gets owned by a Brick Break from some other Rock type.
I honestly forgot about Charizard. Yet for some reason I remembered Moltres. *shrug* So I'll drop that one; Charizard is a bigger worry now.

Tyranitar, however, has the moves to probably OHKO every other Rock type if it gets just one Dragon Dance. Rock is a rather horrible type both offensively and defensively, and defensively its even worse when there's no Normal moves to defend again.

But I'll stop stating what you probably already know, especially since it's my opinion (and I'm giving people ideas if they haven't thought about it).

I just hope that this goes smoothly since have we enough people now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)