Congrats Monotype community! :)
Banner by Zarif
Welcome to the Autumn Monotype Seasonal, the third tournament in the inaugural Monotype Circuit!
For those of you that are new, Monotype isn't a part of any official (trophy) tournament here on Smogon. However, we would still like to establish who is the best of the best throughout the year, and crown a yearly champion. The Monotype Seasonals are our way of doing that. The four seasonal tournaments serve as the premier individual Monotype events throughout the year, while the circuit format is structured to give players incentive to hone their skills over time and reward players that consistently battle well.
Winning in this tournament earns you points towards the Monotype Power Rankings. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoff, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion for the year! There may also be other prizes in store, which are still being discussed.
- The entire tournament will be played using the ORAS Monotype banlist.
- The number of signups will determine whether this tour is Single or Double Elimination.
- We want to ensure the Winter Seasonal, which will feature the gen7 meta, starts on time.
- All rounds are Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! main or SmogTours (matches played on other servers will not count!)
- To encourage metagame development, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
- Identity/Ghosting: Identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling/ghosting will not be tolerated.
- Scouting/Counter-teaming: Everyone can watch replays. Knowing your opponents tendencies is a major part of tournament battling, so don't complain if you get counter-teamed—learn what you're weak against and be prepared for it next time.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to the tournament host. If the battle was almost certainly over, the player may take the win. In this scenario, the final decision remains with the tournament host if the two players cannot work it out.
This next thing is outside the hide tags because it is really important. Read it!
Scheduling/Activity: Scheduling rules will be strictly enforced. Here's the guide on how to schedule. If you don't follow it then don't complain when an activity decision/coinflip goes against you.
Post "in" or "Hoopa is broken asf" to join!
Signups close Thursday, October 20th.