Other (Monotype) Doge of Light (Peaked 1593 ELO)

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doge of Light
Introduction
First of this a new Joint by Future called Real Sisters really fun to listen to while laddering with this team. Little bit background about the team. This team was made for a Core Challenge CCFa4. The core was Clefable and Granbull. At first I thought this core was gonna be a challenge I was wrong. I found Granbull is a very good physical wall it helps take out or cripple certain threats.

Teambuilding Process

Granbull plus Clefable was the core so I started with that. I was unsure about their sets at first.

Next thing added Klefki for screens support and priority Thunder Wave.

Added Mega-Diancie because it is just a good Pokemon on fairy teams. Then Azumarill to take advantage of screens with Belly Drum.
or

Last thing I wanted a Scarfer so I choose Gardevoir as a Scarfer at first. Later towards the end I started using Scarf Togekiss. Both work equally as well.

In Depth Look

CancerFable (Clefable) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
Later in team building process I decided to use Stealth Rock Clefable over Calm Mind. Flamethrower is there to hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor hard. Moonblast is main STAB. Soft-Boiled is used to recover HP. Stelath is used to punish my opponents for making switches and also guarantees some 2 hit KOs and OHKOs that I would not normally get. I use the ability Magic Guard to not take toxic/burn damage and taking no damage from hazards also.

The Doge (Granbull) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
Granbull is my next member. I use Intimidate and max defense to make Granbull a very good physical wall. Thunder Wave is there to slow down threats for my other team members. Play Rough is my STAB and hits hard because Granbull has decent attack. Earthquake is there to Heatrans. Heal Bell is there to cure status from my team.

Car Kys (Klefki) @ Light Clay

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play/Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
Klefki is the glue of the team. Its main job is to set up screens to make my other team members bulkier. Light Clay is used to make Reflect and Light Screen last for 8 turns instead of 5. Thunder Wave is used to slow threats down for the rest of my team. Foul play is last move which is used to punish Scizor for setting up SDs. You can also use Spikes to set up hazards to pressure your opponent for making switches.

R.I.P Flying (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
Mega Diancie is main general attacker on this team. Moonblast is main special STAB while Diamond Storm is the physical STAB. I am running protect so I can get my speed without taking damage. Last move is Hidden Power [Fire] which is used to catch Pokemon like Scizor Ferrothorn on switch in. Also with Hidden Power [Fire] you OHKO Skarmory in Sun after SR. Also I am not running Earth Power because Diamond Storm 2 hit KOs Heatran.

Farmer Balto (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off/Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
Azumarill is the setup sweeper which abuses the screens. Play Rough is my main STAB. Aqua Jet is my priority STAB. Knock Off is used to beat Ferrothorn at plus 6. Belly Drum is used to maximize my attack. I am using Sitrus Berry to regain 25% while I Belly Drum. I sued 164 speed to outspeed certain threats like Skarmory. Knock of is all used for P2 and Chansey. You can run waterfall if you have another stab move over Knock Off.

In a Rush? (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish/Trick
This is my Scarfer. Moonblast is my first more powerful STAB. Psyshock is my secondary STAB to hit poison types which can give me trouble and it also hits Pokemon like Chansey hard. Focus Blast is used as coverage move for steel types. Healing Wish is used to bring a member back to beat a certain threat or beat a team because their check is gone. Trick can be used to cripple set up sweepers/ fat walls.

Alternative Teammate

Arifeen (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
This is the other option for a Scarfer on this team. Dazzling Gleam is main powerful STAB. Air Slash is used to get flinches and hit grass types and fighting types very hard. Fire Blast is used to hit steel types hard. Trick is used to Trick fat walls/ set up sweepers.
Conclusion
This team was very fun top use and this took a while to type and make sure my thoughts were on there right. Overall this is probably one of the very few teams atm I use that I have fun with and is still viable in the monotype metagame. This team doesn't have a terrible matchup outside of Steel (which is at its lowest usage it has ever been it monotype) and Poison which is declining in ussage. This team is very viable because it beats top types like Flying and Dark. Hope you enjoyed RMT here is the threatlist and people I'd like to shoutout for this RMT
&
Both are equally as threatening. My way to beat it is my fire type coverage and foul play from Klefiki to punish it for setting up SD
Sand Rush Excadrill is a threat if its Scarf Gardevoir can trace its Sand Rush and OHKO with Focus Blast. If its Scarfer I have to predict a little bit to kill it or weaken it for Azumarill's Aqua Jet.
Bisharp is a threat but I can paralyze it and hit it hard with fairy STAB or a fire type move.

Nidoking is a threat especially if its LO. IF its Scarf i just pivot into a Pokemon I do not need. If its LO Scarf Gardevoir checks it.
Those are the only major threats that can 6-0 easily if this team is not played right. I felt these threats are ones that will give this team the most trouble.

Dream Eater Gengar: Helping me choose a name for the team and song choice as well. Also just being a chill guy
Ashaury: For helping me out with the team
Air Jack: Helping me out with team and also one of people that I ladder with in monotype and just a good friend since Gen 5.
Balto: Being only guy that uses fairy constantly even with all the bans
PK-Kaiser: One of people who I love to watch battle in monotype community and a very good battler.
Anttya: We've been good friends since gen 5 still gotta finish that flying team we are working on together :)
Wyn: For teaching me how to freeze and always keeping me up to date with them dark teams and also encouraging me to do this RMT.
Septicus: OmniJew for being a nice guy and being former manger of CC's.
Sabella: For encouraging me to do the RMT and helps me build in all tiers. GL in OLT
Mega Ridley: Just being a fun guy to battle and always finds something on my monotype teams to fix.
Azelea: For being in majority of leagues I was in and being a nice guy in general
Zukushiku: My boy Ross for being the biggest boss. But on a serious note he would always watch my battles it was no different in this cc.
CrazyClown94: For teaching me on how to use Pokemon that look bad in monotype and make them seem good.
all falls down: For singing Nicki Minaj in Imp Being a good friend and wanting to Rep in the 6ix
Laxuy: Watching my ladder battles with this Team just being a nice guy who I like to play lower tiers with.
Kammi: A fun person to joint ladder with. Come on PS sometime :)
Stunfisk The Great: For managing the core challenges. Also if you could change link to this instead of the pastebin for top finishers page I would appreciate that. Also thanks for contributing this core.
scpinion: For sponsoring core challenges and making them a reality
Arifeen: was gonna shoutout him out but he was ban when i made the rmt. But now that he is unban shoutout to him for being good friend since x and y and now that he is unban i can finally shoutout him out properly.
Sorry if I missed someone too many people.

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake

Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

In a Rush (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

If you wanna use Togekiss

Arifeen(Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
This is a really awesome fairy mono. They all compliment each other really well, and check pretty much all of their weaknesses through sheer coverage. It's awesome to see a team that compliments each other as much as this one does! I have a few suggestions, but other than that I think this team is phenomenal.

I would personally suggest replacing Granbull's T Wave with Toxic, since you already have Thunder Wave on Klefki and Klefki and use is more aptly with Prankster abuse. Status diversity is wonderful on any team.

I would also suggest using Gardevoir more than Togekiss, and Gardevoir is a really good Poison check.

As for the threats to your team, I'm not sure that there is a good way to perfectly check them. I think the best way to get rid of them is through smart battling. Other than these minor things, your team looks nice to me. Keep in mind that I'm not the best player out there, so other people might know a lot more about how to improve these guys than me, but I personally think your team is cool.

Doge of Light
Introduction
First of this a new Joint by Future called Real Sisters really fun to listen to while laddering with this team. Little bit background about the team. This team was made for a Core Challenge CCFa4. The core was Clefable and Granbull. At first I thought this core was gonna be a challenge I was wrong. I found Granbull is a very good physical wall it helps take out or cripple certain threats.

Teambuilding Process

Granbull plus Clefable was the core so I started with that. I was unsure about their sets at first.

Next thing added Klefki for screens support and priority Thunder Wave.

Added Mega-Diancie because it is just a good Pokemon on fairy teams. Then Azumarill to take advantage of screens with Belly Drum.
or

Last thing I wanted a Scarfer so I choose Gardevoir as a Scarfer at first. Later towards the end I started using Scarf Togekiss. Both work equally as well.

In Depth Look

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
Later in team building process I decided to use Stealth Rock Clefable over Calm Mind. Flamethrower is there to hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor hard. Moonblast is main STAB. Soft-Boiled is used to recover HP. Stelath is used to punish my opponents for making switches and also guarantees some 2 hit KOs and OHKOs that I would not normally get. I use the ability Magic Guard to not take toxic/burn damage and taking no damage from hazards also.

Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
Granbull is my next member. I use Intimidate and max defense to make Granbull a very good physical wall. Thunder Wave is there to slow down threats for my other team members. Play Rough is my STAB and hits hard because Granbull has decent attack. Earthquake is there to Heatrans. Heal Bell is there to cure status from my team.

Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play/Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
Klefki is the glue of the team. Its main job is to set up screens to make my other team members bulkier. Light Clay is used to make Reflect and Light Screen last for 8 turns instead of 5. Thunder Wave is used to slow threats down for the rest of my team. Foul play is last move which is used to punish Scizor for setting up SDs. You can also use Spikes to set up hazards to pressure your opponent for making switches.

Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
Mega Diancie is main general attacker on this team. Moonblast is main special STAB while Diamond Storm is the physical STAB. I am running protect so I can get my speed without taking damage. Last move is Hidden Power [Fire] which is used to catch Pokemon like Scizor Ferrothorn on switch in. Also with Hidden Power [Fire] you OHKO Skarmory in Sun after SR. Also I am not running Earth Power because Diamond Storm 2 hit KOs Heatran.

Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off/Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
Azumarill is the setup sweeper which abuses the screens. Play Rough is my main STAB. Aqua Jet is my priority STAB. Knock Off is used to beat Ferrothorn at plus 6. Belly Drum is used to maximize my attack. I am using Sitrus Berry to regain 25% while I Belly Drum. I sued 164 speed to outspeed certain threats like Skarmory. Knock of is all used for P2 and Chansey. You can run waterfall if you have another stab move over Knock Off.

In a Rush? (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish/Trick
This is my Scarfer. Moonblast is my first more powerful STAB. Psyshock is my secondary STAB to hit poison types which can give me trouble and it also hits Pokemon like Chansey hard. Focus Blast is used as coverage move for steel types. Healing Wish is used to bring a member back to beat a certain threat or beat a team because their check is gone. Trick can be used to cripple set up sweepers/ fat walls.

Alternative Teammate

Arifeen (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
This is the other option for a Scarfer on this team. Dazzling Gleam is main powerful STAB. Air Slash is used to get flinches and hit grass types and fighting types very hard. Fire Blast is used to hit steel types hard. Trick is used to Trick fat walls/ set up sweepers.
Conclusion
This team was very fun top use and this took a while to type and make sure my thoughts were on there right. Overall this is probably one of the very few teams atm I use that I have fun with and is still viable in the monotype metagame. This team doesn't have a terrible matchup outside of Steel (which is at its lowest usage it has ever been it monotype) and Poison which is declining in ussage. This team is very viable because it beats top types like Flying and Dark. Hope you enjoyed RMT here is the threatlist and people I'd like to shoutout for this RMT
&
Both are equally as threatening. My way to beat it is my fire type coverage and foul play from Klefiki to punish it for setting up SD
Sand Rush Excadrill is a threat if its Scarf Gardevoir can trace its Sand Rush and OHKO with Focus Blast. If its Scarfer I have to predict a little bit to kill it or weaken it for Azumarill's Aqua Jet.
Bisharp is a threat but I can paralyze it and hit it hard with fairy STAB or a fire type move.

Nidoking is a threat especially if its LO. IF its Scarf i just pivot into a Pokemon I do not need. If its LO Scarf Gardevoir checks it.
Those are the only major threats that can 6-0 easily if this team is not played right. I felt these threats are ones that will give this team the most trouble.

Dream Eater Gengar: Helping me choose a name for the team and song choice as well. Also just being a chill guy
Ashaury: For helping me out with the team
Air Jack: Helping me out with team and also one of people that I ladder with in monotype and just a good friend since Gen 5.
Balto: Being only guy that uses fairy constantly even with all the bans
PK-Kaiser: One of people who I love to watch battle in monotype community and a very good battler.
Anttya: We've been good friends since gen 5 still gotta finish that flying team we are working on together :)
Wyn: For teaching me how to freeze and always keeping me up to date with them dark teams and also encouraging me to do this RMT.
Septicus: OmniJew for being a nice guy and being former manger of CC's.
Sabella: For encouraging me to do the RMT and helps me build in all tiers. GL in OLT
Mega Ridley: Just being a fun guy to battle and always finds something on my monotype teams to fix.
Azelea: For being in majority of leagues I was in and being a nice guy in general
Zukushiku: My boy Ross for being the biggest boss. But on a serious note he would always watch my battles it was no different in this cc.
CrazyClown94: For teaching me on how to use Pokemon that look bad in monotype and make them seem good.
all falls down: For singing Nicki Minaj in Imp Being a good friend and wanting to Rep in the 6ix
Laxuy: Watching my ladder battles with this Team just being a nice guy who I like to play lower tiers with.
Kammi: A fun person to joint ladder with. Come on PS sometime :)
Stunfisk The Great: For managing the core challenges. Also if you could change link to this instead of the pastebin for top finishers page I would appreciate that. Also thanks for contributing this core.
scpinion: For sponsoring core challenges and making them a reality
Sorry if I missed someone too many people.

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake

Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

In a Rush (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

If you wanna use Togekiss

Arifeen(Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Cool team man, looks nice, i suggest trading out thunder wave on granbull for toxic since klefki already got it and toxic could help wither down some annoying pokemon like zapdos. Another suggestion is if you want to run a magic guard set, you should use a calm mind set so you can sweep and a toxic wont stop you, if your gonna run the moonblast/flamethrower set, use unaware so if a mega scizor tries to set up and sweep your team, it wont actually kill your clefable thanks to unaware and you can strike back, this is also handy if pokes like crawdaunt getting up a swords dance. Also when you said diamond storm 2ko's a heatran, that doesnt mean its not gonna flash cannon you or earth power you and kill you, hp fire is mediocore on mega diancie. Scizor can always come in and bullet punch prio you and you might be scarse if you have nothing for a potential rock pokemon coming in. Just some suggestions if you wanna partake in them :).

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team man, looks nice, i suggest trading out thunder wave on granbull for toxic since klefki already got it and toxic could help wither down some annoying pokemon like zapdos. Another suggestion is if you want to run a magic guard set, you should use a calm mind set so you can sweep and a toxic wont stop you, if your gonna run the moonblast/flamethrower set, use unaware so if a mega scizor tries to set up and sweep your team, it wont actually kill your clefable thanks to unaware and you can strike back, this is also handy if pokes like crawdaunt getting up a swords dance. Also when you said diamond storm 2ko's a heatran, that doesnt mean its not gonna flash cannon you or earth power you and kill you, hp fire is mediocore on mega diancie. Scizor can always come in and bullet punch prio you and you might be scarse if you have nothing for a potential rock pokemon coming in. Just some suggestions if you wanna partake in them :).
This is a really awesome fairy mono. They all compliment each other really well, and check pretty much all of their weaknesses through sheer coverage. It's awesome to see a team that compliments each other as much as this one does! I have a few suggestions, but other than that I think this team is phenomenal.

I would personally suggest replacing Granbull's T Wave with Toxic, since you already have Thunder Wave on Klefki and Klefki and use is more aptly with Prankster abuse. Status diversity is wonderful on any team.

I would also suggest using Gardevoir more than Togekiss, and Gardevoir is a really good Poison check.

As for the threats to your team, I'm not sure that there is a good way to perfectly check them. I think the best way to get rid of them is through smart battling. Other than these minor things, your team looks nice to me. Keep in mind that I'm not the best player out there, so other people might know a lot more about how to improve these guys than me, but I personally think your team is cool.
Granbul toxic is just not useful like maybe the only 2 things that it would benefit me with are hippo and lando-t(defensive) which you will see under 10% of the time. I have tried toxic throughout the CC I did not find it useful as thunder wave in this meta. As for Scizor Clef is a soft check to it was a better option for this team. I tried unaware before it was eh I felt that not taking damage sr plus having a soft check to scizor was cool. I did try cm but I felt without T-Wave the set was not effective as it would be. I have tried this before and considered them later in the core challenge Also I did try Earth Power at first but I felt HP Fire gave me better coverage and bopped scizors switching in on the hp fire. Thanks for the rate. I have considered these options before and still considering them when I test this team on ladder.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)