Monotype Monotype Fall Seasonal II - Round 6

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Banner by Zarif
Approved by Paleo and Eien

Welcome to the second installment of the Monotype Seasonals! This tournament is the second tournament of the Season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Monotype leaderboard. After three seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion!

SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This is a standard Gen 7 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, on the Main or SmogTours servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
Aegislash, Arceus, Battle Bond, Baton Pass, Blaziken, Damp Rock, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Genesect, Gengarite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-U, Kangaskhanite, Kartana, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lucarionite, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna, Mawilite, Medichamite, Metagrossite, Mewtwo, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamencite, Shaymin-S, Smooth Rock, Solgaleo, Tapu Lele, Terrain Extender, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde
Please note Landorus-I, Deoxys-D, and Deoxys-S are allowed

Monotype Sample Teams

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 6 matchups made by Dream

Winners:

Chaitanya1.9 vs. pork chop man
Bitana vs. Cloud9 NxtLvl
Akashi vs. Jack4Max
Leru vs. Ghost Cream
Lostallhopedreams vs. The Excadrill
ArkenCiel vs. Moorland
Dece1t vs. smub
Arifeen vs. Dragon Expert Soma

Losers:

KuraiTenshi26 vs. Vodoom
Sabella vs. DBW
S poi re vs. Waszap
Infectrix vs. Lotus Wincon
Carnies Vengance vs. Zukushiku
1 True Lycan vs. Twix
KevinELF vs. Paleo
Moosical vs. Wanka

highlights: (courtesy of Bushtush and a lot other people)
Moosical vs. Wanka
Sabella vs. DBW

Round six deadline is Sunday November 19th 11:59PM GMT-4
POST YOUR REPLAYS OR I WILL COINFLIP YOUR SERIES

Last edited:
Predictions

Winners

Chaitanya1.9 vs porkchopman - pcm is the goat.
Bitana vs cloud9 nxtlvl - bits gonna win mlt most likely hes good.
Akashi vs jack4max
Leru vs ghost cream
Lostallhopedreams vs iexca - tossup i flipped a coin for this one.
Arkenciel vs moorland - idk moorland
Dece1t vs smub
Airfeen
vs dragon expert soma

Losers

Kuraitenshi26 vs vodoom
Sabella
vs dbw
S poi re vs waszap
Infectrix vs lotus wincon - mlt finalist preps well
Carnies vengance vs zukushiku
1 true lycan
vs twix
Kevinelf vs paleo - should be good but leaning paleo
Moosical vs wanka

Last edited:

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Winners

Chaitanya1.9 vs porkchopman PCM is a God.
Bitana vs cloud9 nxtlvl Bit is on a whole another level then C9. C9 shouldn't even still be in the winners bracket at this point wtf bad players getting lucky. Glad his luck ran out.
Akashi vs jack4max Jack lets go, get the W! ^-^
Leru vs ghost cream
Lostallhopedreams vs iexca All I can say is the meme Dark Justice will never die. Time to show up and throw down everything I have.
Arkenciel vs moorland Arken is legit a really good player
Dece1t vs smub
Airfeen vs dragon expert soma

Losers

Kuraitenshi26 vs vodoom Who even is this other guy ?-?
Sabella vs dbw
S poi re vs waszap
Infectrix vs lotus wincon Go wincon!
1 true lycan
vs twix
Kevinelf vs paleo
Moosical vs wanka

Bitana vs Cloud9 Nxtlvl- C9 is a vastly superior player in every way. Bitana, more like Ripana, cause your about to take a fat L, just like in mlt :]]]]].

Jking bit will probably win, but lowkey I want bit to lose in every tourney he’s in :u

Last edited:
Predictions:

Winners

Chaitanya1.9 vs porkchopman
Bitana
vs cloud9 nxtlvl - GL in the finals of MLT btw, your effort has really paid off!
Akashi vs jack4max
Leru vs ghost cream
Lostallhopedreams vs iexca - it honestly could go either way, but considering Exca is a fairy main...
Arkenciel vs moorland
Dece1t vs smub - I won in 3, GGWP g1 g2 g3 (Special thanks to Scarf Sand Rush Exca! #Innovative and Bu for believing so little in me!) (edit: nah man gonna predict against myself, it can't possibly be true!)
Airfeen vs dragon expert soma - this could also go in either direction, but I'll edge Soma on this one

Losers

Kuraitenshi26 vs vodoom
Sabella
vs dbw
S poi re vs waszap
Infectrix
vs lotus wincon - He beat Crashy, with some preparation and well thought out plays, he could rack another win. That doesn't mean it'll be easy though.
1 true lycan
vs twix
Kevinelf vs paleo - Ok why is this not a HL again?
Moosical vs wanka - I'm gonna edge Wanka mainly bc I'm not the most familiar with Torkool, plus Wanka tends to be consistent.

Last edited:
These aren't predictions, but rather who I support

Winners

Chaitanya1.9 vs Pork Chop Man - I wanna fight them both, so it doesn't matter to me which one wins
Akashi vs Jack4Max - Sorry Jack, got a score to settle. I need you to take an L, but well done if you send him to Zap's way
Lostallhopedreams vs iExca - Also need to settle something here lol
ArkenCiel vs Moorland - Always nice to be surprised with a loss

Losers

KuraiTenshi26 vs vodoom - More like voDOOMED to lose
S poi re vs waszap - While I think S poi re wins 99 times out of 100, I want Waszap to pull through with a win in that 1 out of 100
Infectrix vs lotus wincon - As the man who took Crashy out, you can't go out so soon after that
KevinELF vs Paleo - Love me some underdogs. Maybe you can ask for Waszap's help this time?

Winners:

Chaitanya1.9 vs. pork chop man - HL match could go either way, PCM is a god and I choked against him, and chaitanya uses cool teams.
Bitana vs. Cloud9 NxtLvl - About to win MLT no way he loses
Akashi vs. Jack4Max - Zap is waiting...
Leru vs. Ghost Cream
Lostallhopedreams vs. The Excadrill - Sorry magma
ArkenCiel vs. Moorland
Dece1t vs. smub - Only if he brings ice or rock

Losers:

KuraiTenshi26 vs. Vodoom
Sabella vs. DBW - One of the goats
S poi re vs. Waszap - One of the best / underrated battlers right now
Infectrix vs. Lotus Wincon - Spreadsheet god
Carnies Vengance vs. Zukushiku
1 True Lycan vs. Twix
KevinELF vs. Paleo - Another HL match, Kevin can definitely upset one of monotype's finest
Moosical vs. Wanka

Well I'm being sent to the loser's bracket, so why not farm some more likes

KevinELF vs Paleo: If Kevin doesn't bring Rock there should be a really good chance of Paleo winning
Infectrix vs Lotus Wincon and Bitana vs C9 NxtLvl: gotta edge the Rebel gods
S poi re vs Waszap: he still needs to get vengeance on Mr. Johnkashi
1 True Lycan vs Twix: honestly don't know who to root for here, but i guess we'll find out

scarf sand rush exca is so bad oml

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Since they're not on the ban list, is it safe to assume that the new Pokemon from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be allowed in future rounds?
All pokemon/movesets/whatever that are available in USUM that are not uber by then will be allowed from next round onwards.
This round is still SM Monotype though as the round went up before USUM got released, so bringing anything that isn't available in SM Monotype will result in you forfeiting the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)