ChrystalFalchion said:Temprasect was originally envisaged as a mixed sweeper / wall breaker, a bit like Rayquaza. However it was let down by average Speed, terrible bulk, a poor move pool and bad defensive typing. It was also outclassed at pretty much everything it tried to do.
Flooduel on the other hand exchanged some of Keldeo’s power for a better move pool and a much better ability. As Mega Pidgeot can testify in this meta that perfectly accurate Focus Blast is very threatening, especially with STAB on top. Flooduel also gets Nasty Plot and the move pool to hit almost everything for neutral damage.
- 128 / 112 offenses outclasses most pokemon outside of Ubers, including our new fakemons.
- dual, 100% accurate, 120 BP STAB moves with great coverage between them is better than the vast majority of pokemon with lesser stats. This and the previous point mean it's too hard to wall.
- Tough Claws pushes it into astronomical range because it applies a 1.3x multiplier to both STABs, giving it effectively a 181 base attack stat. It 2HKOes max Def Magmule with a Life Orb.
- There's no real downside to balance this out. Everything else about it is middling to good. 90/90/70 bulk isn't bad and with Intimidate it's downright good at switching in. It gets a custom priority move for anything faster than 112 and it gets Defog and U-turn for utility.
- Major changes are needed to balance this.
- mono Dark is a tough sell in monotype without some huge benefit to using the mon
- Strong Crunch and physical BoltBeam coverage doesn't deliver that benefit because Dark already has the superb Knock Off for most of its physical attackers, and the type has great neutral coverage that doesn't need boltbeam for much.
- Dark hasn't gotten too much love in this mod yet. 4 new Dark types, but in my opinion only Faenister really stands out as providing something solid that synergizes with Dark teams easily.