Monotype Gen 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea I wanted to float with you guys: for Pokemon getting buffed, what do you think about the possibility of giving them moves from Let's Go? Like you could give Incineroar Sizzly Slide and Salamence Floaty Fall?
Ehhh, many of those moves (especially Eevee's) are insanely busted. A fire move that always burns? A 100% crit Electric Extreme Speed? I just think that these would be insanely broken on powerful 'mons. However, some of the moves with less powerful side effects, like Floaty Fall and Bouncy Bubble could be ok to give other 'mons.

Alright, about to finish the VR. Of course if you disagree with anything let me know, I welcome your imput.

Ghost

S Rank

Souldier to S - Best Scarfer Ghost teams have, also checks Dark types quite well

A Rank

Spirisheet to A - Good status spreader, Wrap + Perish Song is a nice stallbreaker set and it has 3 brilliant abilities to choose from
Marowak-Alola down to B - Cursephinx can also set up Stealth Rock, is much quicker and less reliant on its item
Cursphinx to A - quickest Rock setter on Ghost and I'd say best, can also be a nice late game cleaner with Nasty Plot

B Rank

Chandelure-Alola to B (possibly A) - good stallbreaker with SubCM, though faces stiff competition from the faster and stronger Blacephalon it is much bulkier. Shadow Ball + Freeze Dry has almost perfect neutral coverage.

C Rank

Golurk to D - Between Cursphinx and Marowak, all it has is an Electric immunity. Which actually Marowak can have too if you don't mind losing out on recoil free Flare Blitz.

D Rank

Shedinja to unranked - good luck finding an offensive team without Fire Blast, Stone Edge, Knock Off or Shadow Ball. Good luck finding a stall team without Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp or Leech Seed.

Ice
S Rank

Contrunion to S - Fantastic Speed, high attacking stats, and Magic Bounce. Also helps check Steel teams with its Fire STABs.

A Rank

Chandelure-Alola to A - That Fire immunity is super helpful, also can somewhat help against Fighting teams.
Piloswine to B - Chandelure-Alola can also check Fire types, so that role isn't as needed. No Wish support and lack of reliable recovery leaves it easily worn down.

B Rank

Ursanium to B (possibly A) - A nice wallbreaker and late game cleaner that isn't weak to Scizor's Bullet Punch, and unlike Snowslash it doesn't need Hail.
Rotom-F to A - best Defogger Ice has, can also check Scizor.
Walrein to C - It's a slightly faster and slightly stronger Lapras with a much worse movepool and ability.

C Rank

Froslass to B - Ice HO is very solid now, and Froslass is the best Spiker for that

D Rank

Beartic to Unranked - Between Snowlsash and Ursanium there's not much reason to use this.

Poison

S Rank

No Change

A Rank

Basilom to A - Dragon Dance, Swords Dance and Choice Band are all solid options, can be either a wallbreaker or late game cleaner
Cryptech to A - great late game cleaner, Steel typing also means one less Psychic weakness
Nihilego to B - Scarf set is still solid, but as a special attacker faces stuff competition from Cryptech

B Rank

Scorpoid to B (possibly A) great Toxic Spikes setter, as Mold Breaker lets it bypass Magic Bounce. Bulkier than Scolipede and has better typing
Scolipede to C - Suicide leads aren't as effective with so many more Defoggers around. Basilom is a better lategame cleaner
Nidoqueen to C - Between Nidoking, Cryptech and even Nihilego there's not much reason to use this thing.

C Rank

Draglage down to D - While it can hit harder unboosted than Basilom, Basilom is much quicker and has boosting options.

D Rank

Tentacruel to Unranked - why would I use this over Toxapex exactly? Rapid Spin? Yeah Crobat already gets rid of hazards and has a Ground immunity.

Psychic

S Rank

No Change

A Rank

Haluslime to A - Illusion is really nice, can also be a good wallbreaker
Jirach to B - With Fire getting so much better, Steel typing isn't as desirable

More coming later

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Alright, about to finish the VR. Of course if you disagree with anything let me know, I welcome your imput.

Ghost

S Rank

Souldier to S - Best Scarfer Ghost teams have, also checks Dark types quite well

A Rank

Spirisheet to A - Good status spreader, Wrap + Perish Song is a nice stallbreaker set and it has 3 brilliant abilities to choose from
Marowak-Alola down to B - Cursephinx can also set up Stealth Rock, is much quicker and less reliant on its item
Cursphinx to A - quickest Rock setter on Ghost and I'd say best, can also be a nice late game cleaner with Nasty Plot

B Rank

Chandelure-Alola to B (possibly A) - good stallbreaker with SubCM, though faces stiff competition from the faster and stronger Blacephalon it is much bulkier. Shadow Ball + Freeze Dry has almost perfect neutral coverage.

C Rank

Golurk to D - Between Cursphinx and Marowak, all it has is an Electric immunity. Which actually Marowak can have too if you don't mind losing out on recoil free Flare Blitz.

D Rank

Shedinja to unranked - good luck finding an offensive team without Fire Blast, Stone Edge, Knock Off or Shadow Ball. Good luck finding a stall team without Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp or Leech Seed.

Ice
S Rank

Contrunion to S - Fantastic Speed, high attacking stats, and Magic Bounce. Also helps check Steel teams with its Fire STABs.

A Rank

Chandelure-Alola to A - That Fire immunity is super helpful, also can somewhat help against Fighting teams.
Piloswine to B - Chandelure-Alola can also check Fire types, so that role isn't as needed. No Wish support and lack of reliable recovery leaves it easily worn down.

B Rank

Ursanium to B (possibly A) - A nice wallbreaker and late game cleaner that isn't weak to Scizor's Bullet Punch, and unlike Snowslash it doesn't need Hail.
Rotom-F to A - best Defogger Ice has, can also check Scizor.
Walrein to C - It's a slightly faster and slightly stronger Lapras with a much worse movepool and ability.

C Rank

Froslass to B - Ice HO is very solid now, and Froslass is the best Spiker for that

D Rank

Beartic to Unranked - Between Snowlsash and Ursanium there's not much reason to use this.

Poison

S Rank

No Change

A Rank

Basilom to A - Dragon Dance, Swords Dance and Choice Band are all solid options, can be either a wallbreaker or late game cleaner
Cryptech to A - great late game cleaner, Steel typing also means one less Psychic weakness
Nihilego to B - Scarf set is still solid, but as a special attacker faces stuff competition from Cryptech

B Rank

Scorpoid to B (possibly A) great Toxic Spikes setter, as Mold Breaker lets it bypass Magic Bounce. Bulkier than Scolipede and has better typing
Scolipede to C - Suicide leads aren't as effective with so many more Defoggers around. Basilom is a better lategame cleaner
Nidoqueen to C - Between Nidoking, Cryptech and even Nihilego there's not much reason to use this thing.

C Rank

Draglage down to D - While it can hit harder unboosted than Basilom, Basilom is much quicker and has boosting options.

D Rank

Tentacruel to Unranked - why would I use this over Toxapex exactly? Rapid Spin? Yeah Crobat already gets rid of hazards and has a Ground immunity.

Psychic

S Rank

No Change

A Rank

Haluslime to A - Illusion is really nice, can also be a good wallbreaker
Jirach to B - With Fire getting so much better, Steel typing isn't as desirable

More coming later
Psychic is in the poison section

OK everyone the tournament has wrapped up. Massive thanks to everyone who participated, and thanks to all you guys for your great work. We have 4 new Pokemon in our midst. From the mind of Scoopapa we have the Water / Ice type wallbreaker and special sweeper Corwhal! Gravity Monkey has gifted us the Grass / Ground type utility Pokemon Amazonda! Runner up Brodaha has given us the Dark / Fairy type revenge killer and late game cleaner Faenister. And last but definitely not least, the winner Anaconja has given us the Normal / Water bulky support Pokemon Canadensail. Check out the spreadsheet in the OP for their stats, abilities and movepools. None of the new Pokemon are ranked on the VR yet.

Anaconja elected to buff his previous creation Termight, so it now has base 100 Speed, Spikes, U-turn and Thunderbolt and the ability No Guard. To compensate for the new moves and ability, it no longer has Hypnosis or Nasty Plot. Termight has been bumped up to B rank on Fighting, as it is the only Fighting type besides Chesnaught to get Spikes. It is a better Spiker IMO than Chesnaught, as it can soft check Psychic teams, as nothing on those teams wants to switch into a STAB Buzz Bomb. Still pending on Bug, as that type already has several good Spikes users, although Termight does bring much more power to the table than Forretress and isn't as frail as Scolipede.
Brodaha chose to buff Golisopod. It now has better HP, giving it better physical bulk than even Skarmory. It also has Bulletproof as its Hidden Ability and the move Heal Order. Could we see Spikes stacking Water teams now?
We also have the new item Room Extender, again courtesy of Anaconja, which extends the duration of Trick Room, Wonder Room and Magic Room.

The VR is now finished, Psychic took much longer than I thought due to its all star cast. As usual if you have any suggestions please post. The next slate will kick off on Monday.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Thoughts on the viability rankings so far:
New mons
Amazonda (Grass) -> B
It's a niche pick, but it helps Grass deal with Fire types better, though it faces stiff competition with Pumpkindle.

Canadensail (Normal) -> A
Really good spinner, rocker, and wall. Pairs well with Chansey so the latter can pass it wishes while the former spreads burns.

Faenister (Dark) -> A
Good defogging deterrent; improves matchup against Mega Altaria, Kommo-o, and other Dark-types; and can also use a Choice Scarf + Bravado as a cleaner.

Faenister (Fairy) -> B
A decent hazard controller, but that role is contested by Togekiss, which complements Tapu Koko by switching into Grass types. Dark also doesn't really help any coverage, either.

Corwhal (Water) -> A
Getting STAB on Ice is huge, and Refrigerate Hyper Voices put the hurt on Grass and Dragon teams. It also has pivoting, which is useful because it forces switches.

Corwhal (Ice) -> B
Really nice for breaking through Heatran, but otherwise kind of overshadowed by Contrunion.

Rises:
Haluslime (Poison) -> B
Gets an edge over opposing Poison teams and sets Sticky Web for Nidoking to abuse.

Porygon2 -> S or A
Where did this go lol. The best physical wall for Normal, hands down.

Drops:
Lupina -> C or Bisharp -> A
Moxie is good in theory, but it faces formidable competition with Bisharp, since the latter has coverage against Fairies, has Sucker Punch for revenge killing, and gains Attack similar to Lupina against Defog, which is fantastic when paired with Tyranitar.

Staraptor (Normal) -> A or B
Staraptor's main niche was being a defensive Defogger, but now with Canadensail, it can only viably use a Reckless wallbreaking set, which is contested by Lopunny-Mega.

Corsteela (Steel) -> B
Yes, it has a Fire neutrality, but Fire-types still break through it. Heatran is a much more consistent option.

Pixoil (Fairy) -> B
Pixoil isn't that good on Fairy, even though it has Ground coverage, because it is pretty slow for a typing encouraging hyper offense. It doesn't have the defensive typing to make up for it, either. It can work with Ribombee, but Ribombee is hard to fit on a team.

Rockatrice (Flying) -> B
Sure, it has Magic Guard to avoid rocks, but its defensive typing offers no useful resistances over, say, Celesteela or Mantine. Glare is certainly useful for speed control, however.

Existing noms:
Nihilego (Poison) -> B: Disagree
While Nihilego has less speed, it makes up for it in Beast Boost and its ability to switch in on Volcarona and various other Bug, Fire, and Flying types. Rock has much better coverage than Steel, so Nihilego should stay at A.

Rotom-F (Ice) -> A: Disagree
Yes, Rotom-F has Defog. The problem is that its offensive presence sucks (even with great STAB synergy in Hail), and it has 4MSS (Will-o-Wisp, Defog, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Blizzard, Pain Split). Additionally, there are viable spinners available to use in Sandslash-Alola and Avalugg.

Also,
Give the Ice-types Aurora Veil
While these new mons are pretty good for Ice type, their viability is hampered when they can't take advantage of Hail as much as they want. Giving them Aurora Veil makes Ice a much better type, since it's one of the worst ones there are.

Thoughts on the viability rankings so far:
New mons
Amazonda (Grass) -> B
It's a niche pick, but it helps Grass deal with Fire types better, though it faces stiff competition with Pumpkindle.

Canadensail (Normal) -> A
Really good spinner, rocker, and wall. Pairs well with Chansey so the latter can pass it wishes while the former spreads burns.

Faenister (Dark) -> A
Good defogging deterrent; improves matchup against Mega Altaria, Kommo-o, and other Dark-types; and can also use a Choice Scarf + Bravado as a cleaner.

Faenister (Fairy) -> B
A decent hazard controller, but that role is contested by Togekiss, which complements Tapu Koko by switching into Grass types. Dark also doesn't really help any coverage, either.

Corwhal (Water) -> A
Getting STAB on Ice is huge, and Refrigerate Hyper Voices put the hurt on Grass and Dragon teams. It also has pivoting, which is useful because it forces switches.

Corwhal (Ice) -> B
Really nice for breaking through Heatran, but otherwise kind of overshadowed by Contrunion.

Rises:
Haluslime (Poison) -> B
Gets an edge over opposing Poison teams and sets Sticky Web for Nidoking to abuse.

Porygon2 -> S or A
Where did this go lol. The best physical wall for Normal, hands down.

Drops:
Lupina -> C or Bisharp -> A
Moxie is good in theory, but it faces formidable competition with Bisharp, since the latter has coverage against Fairies, has Sucker Punch for revenge killing, and gains Attack similar to Lupina against Defog, which is fantastic when paired with Tyranitar.

Staraptor (Normal) -> A or B
Staraptor's main niche was being a defensive Defogger, but now with Canadensail, it can only viably use a Reckless wallbreaking set, which is contested by Lopunny-Mega.

Corsteela (Steel) -> B
Yes, it has a Fire neutrality, but Fire-types still break through it. Heatran is a much more consistent option.

Pixoil (Fairy) -> B
Pixoil isn't that good on Fairy, even though it has Ground coverage, because it is pretty slow for a typing encouraging hyper offense. It doesn't have the defensive typing to make up for it, either. It can work with Ribombee, but Ribombee is hard to fit on a team.

Rockatrice (Flying) -> B
Sure, it has Magic Guard to avoid rocks, but its defensive typing offers no useful resistances over, say, Celesteela or Mantine. Glare is certainly useful for speed control, however.

Existing noms:
Nihilego (Poison) -> B: Disagree
While Nihilego has less speed, it makes up for it in Beast Boost and its ability to switch in on Volcarona and various other Bug, Fire, and Flying types. Rock has much better coverage than Steel, so Nihilego should stay at A.

Rotom-F (Ice) -> A: Disagree
Yes, Rotom-F has Defog. The problem is that its offensive presence sucks (even with great STAB synergy in Hail), and it has 4MSS (Will-o-Wisp, Defog, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Blizzard, Pain Split). Additionally, there are viable spinners available to use in Sandslash-Alola and Avalugg.

Also,
Give the Ice-types Aurora Veil
While these new mons are pretty good for Ice type, their viability is hampered when they can't take advantage of Hail as much as they want. Giving them Aurora Veil makes Ice a much better type, since it's one of the worst ones there are.
There aren't that many pre-existing Ice types that get Aurora Veil, and most of the ones we've created are focused on offense. Contrunion does not have space to run it and I doubt Corwhal would either. I could give it to Ursanium, as that has proved pretty lacklustre. Later on I might give Articuno Snow Warning if I get to buff another Pokemon.

Poryon2 has been readded to S and Staraptor has moved down to A (maybe B). On Flying Rockatrice's main role is a fast cleaner and revenge killer, and although it competes with Mega Aerodactyl which is much faster, it has better bulk, isn't weak to hazards and frees up your mega slot. That's not to say I disagree with B Rank though. As Scoopapa said, Lupina is more of an AoA wallbreaker, and compared to Bisharp it offers better speed and better coverage. Agree with Corsteela, it's less effective in practice than on paper. I actually forgot Haluslime got Sticky Web, that was my bad - that alone gives it a niche so B rank is fine.

I plan to write an article about Monotype Gen 8, and I would value your collective imputs. Which types would you say are better than standard monotype? Which types are worse? Which of the new creations stood out most to you? I would also like to make the VR more aestetically pleasing, so any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Alright everyone, the hiatus is now over! We will now go back to creating new Pokemon, although there will be a few changes from last time.

1. There will be only 3 Pokemon per slate. I got feedback that creating 5 mons was tough, especially given the time frame. Which brings me onto my next point...
2. Creation period will last 7 days, and voting will last 3 days.
3. Please give the weight in kilos and state which egg group(s) your Pokemon are in.

Slate 7 is the starters for the new region.

Pokemon 1
Type: Grass / Dark (530 BST limit)
Ability: Overgrow / Overgrow / whatever you want

Pokemon 2
Type: Fire / Psychic (530 BST limit)
Ability: Blaze / Blaze / whatever you want

Pokemon 3
Type: Water / Fighting (530 BST limit)
Ability: Torrent / Torrent / whatever you want

Best of luck everyone! Slate 8 will be all single type Pokemon.

So I don't have to double post, here are my creations:

Grass / Dark
Ability: Overgrow, Overgrow, Parasitic
Parasitic: Attacks that drain the opponent's HP gain 50% power. Stacks with STAB and other modifiers.

Base stats: 69 / 83 / 67 / 101 / 75 / 125 [520]
Useful moves
Physical: N / A
Special: Giga Drain, Soul Sap, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Hidden Power
Soul Sap: 80 BP, 100% accuracy, Dark type, Special, 10 PP, half of the damage dealt heals the user. Dream Eater animation. Z Power: 160.
Sprite: Amoongus coloured black
Weight: 25 kgs
Size: 1.1m
Egg groups: Grass
Competitive use: It's a fast boosting sweeper, which are currently rare on both Grass and Dark teams. Parasitic coupled with STAB Giga Drain and Soul Sap mean it can hit harder than its average Special Attack would have you believe, and it can hold a Life Orb much more easily. It can also function as a status spreader with Spore.
Is it broken? It is very frail, and like many Grass types its movepool is pretty shallow. It can't break through common Pokemon like Tapu Bulu, Mandibuzz and Muk-Alola, so it will have more trouble against stall teams. Grass / Dark is also pretty bad defensive typing.

Fire / Psychic
Ability: Blaze / Blaze / Regenerator
Base stats: 140 / 50 / 80 / 110 / 90 / 50 [520]
Useful moves
Physical: U-turn
Special: Lava Plume, Fire Blast, Psyshock, Psychic, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam
Status: Calm Mind, Trick Room, Wish, Aromatherapy, Sunny Day, Healing Wish, Fiery Veil
Fiery Veil : Fire type, status, 20 PP, perfect accuracy. Allied Pokemon take 50% less damage from Rock, Water and Ground type moves (including Stealth Rock) for 5 turns. Lengthened to 8 with Light Clay. Z effect: Special Attack +1

Sprite: Kanto Persian coloured Red.
Weight: 55 kgs
Size: 2.3 m
Egg groups: Field
Competitive use: It's mainly a bulky support Pokemon, on Fire teams its main job will be to pass huge Wishes and set up Fiery Veil and bring in its teammates with slow U-turns. On Psychic teams, I think it will be a great Trick Room setter and abuser with its terrible Speed. It isn't too passive either with its 110 base Special Attack.
Is it broken? It is slow as hell outside Trick Room, and Fire / Psychic isn't great defensive typing, giving it common weaknesses to Rock, Ground, Water, Ghost and Dark moves, as well as a weakness to all entry hazards.

Water / Fighting
Ability: Torrent / Torrent / No Guard
Base stats: 105 / 125 / 85 / 60 / 75 / 70
Useful moves
Physical: Coral Crush, Dynamic Punch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge, Aqua Tail, Liquidation, Superpower, Earthquake
Special: N/A
Coral Crush: 100 BP, Physical, Water type, 5 PP, 50% accuracy. Lowers opponent's Speed by 2 stages (100%). Makes contact. Z Power: 180.
Sprite: Sharpedo coloured yellow
Weight: 255 kgs
Size: 1.7 m
Egg group(s): Monster, Water 2
Competetive use: It's a bulky wallbreaker, designed to soften up the opponent's team so other sweepers can go to work. With powerful STABs and a high Attack stat, coupled with excellent coverage and there aren't many Pokemon that can safely switch into this.
Is it broken? It is quite slow, and unfortunately it is something else on Water and Fighting that can't break Mega Venusaur. Coral Crush can help make up for its speed, but there are plenty of Pokemon that resist / are immune to Water. There are also plenty of Pokemon that don't mind the speed drop.

Last edited:
Just pointing out that 530 is basically the standard BST for all starters. Doing a starter trio at 500 would be pretty strange. I'm skeptical of lowering the limit to 500 anyway, as it technically doesn't prevent people from min-maxing their subs, and will just skew things towards super strong abilities. If you want to cut power creep I think it's best to just call out subs that you think are too strong.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ability: Overgrow / Dexterous (Defiant clone for Speed)
Base stats: 80/110/80/110/80/60
Useful Moves You don't have to list the entire movepool - just the moves you think it would actually use
Physical: Pursuit, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Dig
Special: Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Hurricane, Extrasensory
Sprite: Shiftry but its mane is black and its body is lighter
Weight: 60 kg
Egg Group(s): Field, Grass
Competitive use: Dissuades defoggers and can take advantage of it by setting up on either offense.
Is it broken?: Its defensive typing is terrible, and has bad defensive stats to match. Additionally, if it doesn't have its speed boosted, it is very easy to outspeed.

Ability: Blaze / Magic Guard
Base stats: 75/120/65/105/65/105
Useful Moves
Physical
: Flare Blitz, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough, Knock Off, Iron Tail, Low Kick
Special: Fire Blast, Psychic, Psyshock, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt
Status: Work Up (if you're janky enough), Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp
Sprite: Gallade but green is replaced with pink, white is replaced with red-brown, and its legs are on fire
Weight: 39 kg
Egg Group(s): Field
Competitive use: Carves a niche over Victini due to its ability to use Life Orb without worrying about recoil and slightly higher speed.
Is it broken?: It doesn't have a lot of offensive power, its coverage is fairly lacking, and it find it hard to setup with such low defenses.

Ability: Torrent / Swift Swim
Base stats: 80/110/80/70/80/100
Useful Moves
Physical
: Liquidation, Hammer Arm, Icicle Crash, Mach Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Special: Scald
Sprite: Octillery but its tentacles turn into fists
Weight: 28.5 kg
Egg Group(s): Water 1, Water 2
Competitive use: Useful revenge killer on water balance teams and setup sweeper on water rain teams.
Is it broken?: It doesn't have Close Combat, forcing itself out most of the time because it has to use Hammer Arm. Additionally, it finds it hard to setup because of its only decent defensive typing and low bulk.

Last edited:
Grass/Dark
Name: Ivyraptor, the Hunter Pokemon
Abilities: Overgrow / Strong Jaw

HP: 75
Atk: 125
Def: 85
SpA: 65
SpD: 80
Spe: 95
Total: 525
Physical moves: Crunch, Pursuit, Leaf Blade, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Trop Kick, Seed Bomb, Poison Jab, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Brick Break, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Brutal Punishment (Bp: 95 (Max power is 200), Type: Dark, Physical, Accuracy: 100. Targets opponent's speed when attacking: the Slower they are, the more power this move has, Heavy Slam clone)
Special moves: N/A
Status moves: Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Leech Seed
Sprite: Garchomp's body in black, than, and brown without its Backfin, Sceptile's arms, Tyrunt's head, Leafeon's tail, and is covered with Green leaves.
Weight: 115.1 lbs/55.2 kg
Competitive use: Ivyraptor's main use is as a stall/wall breaker, with Brutal Punishment preying on the low Speed of most walls, while Strong Jaw boosted Fire fang helps beat Ferrothorn and other steels that Grass and Dark teams struggle with.

Fire/Psychic
Name: Fharokenisis, the Pharaoh pokemon
Abilities: Blaze /
Psychokinesis ( On Switch-in, all hazards on user's side of field are removed, blocks status moves used against this Pokemon, and instead uses the move against the original user, Magic Bounce clone)
HP: 90
Atk: 90
Def: 85
SpA: 90
SpD: 85
Spe: 90
Total: 530
Physical moves: Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Zen Headbutt, Wild Charge, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Dragon Tail
Special moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Psychic, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Lava Plume, Power Gem, Stored Power, Mystic Orbs (Bp: 80, Type: Psychic, Special, Accuracy: 85: Damages and traps the opponent for 5-4 turns, dealing 10% damage each turn. May burn target (10% chance), Wrap clone.
Status moves: Recover, Coil, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Encore, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock
Sprite: Gold and dark red Dragonair with fire on its tail and head, as well as a Egyptian headdress in red, gold, and blue. There are also flaming orbs hovering around its head
Weight: 112 lbs/ 50.8 kg
Competitive use: With a wide move pool, and well-rounded stats, Fharokenisis is a jack-of-all-trades pokemon. It benefitsteams immensely with the best hazard removal in the game, can be a Coil/CM sweeper, a stall breaker with Mystic Orbs and Taunt, or a utility 'mon with its decent support options. However, wile it doesn't have any bad stats, it doesn't excel in anything either, so it may be underwhelming at times.

Water/Fighting
Name: Megalabrawn, the Wrestler pokemon
Abilities: Torrent /
Adaptability
HP: 85
Atk: 120
Def: 110
SpA: 60
SpD: 95
Spe: 60
Total: 530
Physical moves: Waterfall, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Outrage, Crunch, Brick Break, Aqua Tail, Low Kick, Superpower, Close Combat, Aqua Jet, Iron Head, Liquidation, Earthquake, Stone Edge Tidal Drain (Bp: 90, Type: Water, Physical, Accuracy: 100: Heals user by 50% of the damage dealt, 75% if Rain is active, Drain Punch Clone.)
Special moves: N/A
Status moves: Bulk Up, Swords Dance
Sprite: Blue Garchomp with Machoke's body and its legs are replaced by fins.
Weight: 239.6 lbs/ 108.68 kg
Competitive use: Powerful Physical attacker that is meant to power through walls that Water and Fighting teams struggle with, Like Ferothorn and Mantine.

Last edited:
Just pointing out that 530 is basically the standard BST for all starters. Doing a starter trio at 500 would be pretty strange. I'm skeptical of lowering the limit to 500 anyway, as it technically doesn't prevent people from min-maxing their subs, and will just skew things towards super strong abilities. If you want to cut power creep I think it's best to just call out subs that you think are too strong.
Yeah you make a good point, Clefable manages to be a top tier threat despite having a low BST. The BST limit is once again 530.

Last edited:

Ability: Overgrow / Water Absorb
Base stats: 85 / 100 / 105 / 70 / 120 / 50 [530]
Useful Moves
: Earthquake, Knock Off, Horn Leech, Power Whip, Sucker Punch, Wood Hammer
: Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Giga Drain
: Growth, Leech Seed, Memento, Nasty Plot, Sleep Powder, Strength Sap, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Taunt
Sprite: Trevenant but darker and with vines on its body
Weight: 617 lbs, 280 kg
Size: 10' 10'' ft, 3.3 m
Egg Group(s): Grass
Competitive use: Ficusite is a bulky wall or slow set up sweeper, with high special bulk and access to Strength Sap to weaken physical attackers while healing itself. It can use Sleep Powder to attempt putting an opponent to sleep, Leech Seed to stall, and Nasty Plot or Swords Dance to set up. Ficusite provides Dark teams with a special tank with disruptive status moves like Strength Sap and Sleep Powder that assists in the matchup against Ground and Water teams. Unlike Cacturne, Ficusite actually has the bulk to take hits and the ability to threaten these types with its Grass STAB. Grass teams benefit from its bulk and Psychic immunity, helping in the matchup against Psychic teams.
Is it broken?: While it is good defensive stats and recovery, Grass/Dark is a bad defensive typing, with 6 weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Flying, Fairy, and a 4x Bug weakness. This leaves it very vulnerable to U-turn and undermines its tanking capabilities. It is also very slow and doesn't deal as much damage as it wants to without boosts.
Pokedex: Ficusite is actually the parasitic vine that has grown around the tree trunk, which it controls as if sentient.

Ability: Blaze / Sheer Force
Base stats: 80 / 100 / 75 / 110 / 80 / 85 [530]
Useful Moves
: Blaze Kick, Close Combat, Crunch, Earthquake, Flare Blitz, Jump Kick, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Punch, U-turn, Zen Headbutt
: Fire Blast, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball
: Agility, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Counter, Healing Wish, Mirror Coat, Recover, Trick, Will-O-Wisp
Sprite: Incineroar wearing a white robe
Weight: 140 lbs, 63.5 kg
Size: 5'8'' ft, 1.7 m
Egg Group(s): Field / Human-like
Competitive use: Tigresh can utilize Sheer Force with physical or special sets to deal lots of damage, especially if it gets the chance to set up with Bulk Up or Calm Mind. Agility improves its chances against offensive teams. It provides Fire teams with another potential check to opposing Heatrans via Life Orb and Sheer Force-boosted Earth Power as well as a useful Psychic resistance. Psychic teams gain a Bug neutrality as well as another way to hit Steel teams. Tigresh's physical sets face heavy competition from Victini, who deals much more damage with its Banded V-Create than Tigresh's LO Sheer Force Flare Blitz. Victini also gets Bolt Strike which outdamages Tigresh's Thunder Punch. However, Tigresh does have access to a boosted Earth Power on special sets, which allow it to deal with Heatran more easily than Victini's Bolt Strike.
Is it broken?: Tigresh's defenses are mediocre and lower than Victini's, and it has a middling speed tier lower than Victini's too.
Pokedex: Calm and intelligent, Tigresh are often seen meditating in temples, honing their powerful psychic abilities. They are often seen as representations of the saying, "the mind is mightier than the sword."
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 486-573 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tigresh Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 367-433 (52.2 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 234-276 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tigresh Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 155-182 (22 - 25.8%) -- 2.9% chance to 4HKO recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 169-199 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tigresh Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Heatran: 437-515 (113.2 - 133.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 230-272 (63.3 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tigresh Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 377-447 (103.8 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ability: Torrent / Moxie
Base stats: 75 / 125 / 85 / 70 / 70 / 105 [530]
Useful Moves
: Aqua Jet, Bounce, Close Combat, Liquidation, Pursuit, Superpower, Waterfall, U-turn, Zen Headbutt
: N/A
: Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Taunt
Sprite: Seaking recolored blue
Weight: 43 lbs, 19.6 kg
Size: 2'4'' ft, 0.7 m
Egg Group(s): Water 2
Competitive use: Bettafist is a strong and fast physical sweeper, with Swords Dance and Moxie boosting its already high attack stat. Aqua Jet and Pursuit can be used to knock out weakened opponents and revenge kill. Its typing means it competes directly with Keldeo for a team slot, though Bettafist differentiates itself by being a physical attacker. Bettafist also gets Zen Headbutt to hit opposing Poison-types like Toxapex and Mega Venusaur, which Keldeo loathes to face. If it manages to get a Moxie or Swords Dance boost, these threats to Water and Fighting teams can't switch in. Bettafist provides Water teams with strong physical priority and another check to the aforementioned threats, and Fighting teams get a physical Keldeo that can break through Poison-types.
Is it broken?: Its speed is high but still outsped by fast scarfers and offensive threats. Bettafist is also quite frail and doesn't really provide any defensive backbone for its team, and it is vulnerable to all status.
Pokedex: Bettafist may be small, but don't underestimate their strength and liveliness. They aggressively defend their territories from any intruder, and even a tackle can knock over a grown person.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 146-172 (48 - 56.5%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Bettafist Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 136-162 (44.7 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bettafist Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 234-278 (76.9 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bettafist Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 278-328 (76.3 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Ability: Overgrow | Protean (HA)
Base stats: 68 / 80 / 68 / 114 / 118 / 82 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
: Power Whip, Knock Off, Sucker Punch
: *Sticky Dart, Dark Pulse, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Leaf Storm, Solarbeam, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Weather Ball
: Leech Seed, Synthesis, Calm Mind, Parting Shot, Growth
*Sticky Dart |
|
| 80 BP | 10-24 PP | Prevents opponent from switching
Sprite: Kecleon with black stripes and sundew motifs
Weight: 21.8 kg
Size: 1.13 m
Egg Group(s): Field, Grass
Competitive use: A Protean user with a slew of special attacks that are good for Dark and Grass teams, such as Fighting, Poison, and Psychic moves. Sticky Dart allows it to trap a threat in order to guarantee a strong, unexpected Z-move off on it. Unlike Greninja, it has a useable SpD stat and access to Calm Mind.
Is It Broken?: It faces heavy competition from Greninja and other special attackers on Dark, so it mostly appeals to Grass, which is a fairly weak archetype. It's still arguably no stronger han Greninja, with several comparable tradeoffs between them, but less Speed and no Water and Ice coverage.

Ability: Blaze | Prism Armor (HA)
Base stats: 75 / 73 / 82 / 122 / 96 / 82 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Punch, Explosion
: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Solarbeam, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon
: *Sun Dance, Morning Sun, Calm Mind,
*Sun Dance |
|
| Raises SpA and Spe by 1 stage
Sprite: Meloetta-P with a flaming starburst for hair.
Weight: 102.5 kg
Size: 1.32 m
Egg Group(s): Human-Like
Competitive use: A sweeper designed around its custom move, a special Dragon Dance clone. 75 / 82 / 96 defenses backed up by Prism Armor gives it notable setup opportunities over Volcarona, who otherwise is more powerful. It also gives it the option of running Weakness Policy to grab a +3 boost against defensive pokemon like Gastrodon or Magmule.
Is It Broken?: It faces a lot of competition from Volcarona and Victini, who have similar setup sets that the metagame already manages to prepare for.

Ability: Torrent | Fluid Technique (HA)
Fluid Technique: Punching moves become Water type and gain 1.2x power
Base stats: 70 / 104 / 84 / 104 / 70 / 101 | BST: 530
Useful Moves:
: Torrent Punch*, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Bullet Punch, Iron Head, Ice Punch, Zen Headbutt
: Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave, Psychic, Boomburst, Dark Pulse
: Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, Bulk Up, Calm Mind
*Torrent Punch |
|
| 100 BP | 15-24 PP | 100% Acc. | Normal-type moves become Water type for the rest of the turn
Sprite: Blue Armaldo with boxing gloves
Weight: 41.3 kg
Size: 1.63 m
Egg Group(s): Water 1
Competitive use: A sweeper or wall breaker with access to 120 BP Physical Water STAB, allowing it to hit harder than the majority of physical Water types. It has considerable ability to function as a lure, with a bunch of coverage moves Keldeo doesn't have access to such as Knock Off, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave, Psychic, and even Boomburst.
Is It Broken?: Water/FIghting is an offensive type combo that the metagame should already be prepared for due to the existence of Keldeo. It has less speed, power, and bulk than Keldeo so its advantages shouldn't be overbearing in comparison.

Last edited:
OK, I'm adding the new creations to the VR today. This is the update - as always let me kknow if you disagree.

Canadensail
Normal - A Rank. Water - A Rank (possibly S)

On normal it's a great physical sponge, it's less susceptible to Knock Off than Porygon2 and with Chansey around recovery isn't a problem. It also frees Staraptor up to run an offensive set, letting you actually fight back against Grass. It's a staple on balanced Water, as it can stop bulky boosters like Snorlax from sweeping with Unaware. Recovery's not a problem as Alomomola can pass it huge Wishes. It can even run a Choice Band Swift Swim set a la Excadrill.

Amazonda
Grass B Rank (possibly A). Ground. B Rank (possibly A).

On both types I find it's best used as a bulky booster, as it plays like something like a discount Zygarde. It's a pretty good lategame cleaner, and being a bulky sweeper that can beat Canadensail thanks to its Grass STAB is a nice USP. Solid, but not overall incredible, so for now it's in B rank. That could always change though.

Faenister
Dark - A Rank. Fairy - B Rank

On Dark it's a great late game cleaner with Bravado, and its Fairy typing helps out massively against Fighting teams, as nothing on those teams wants to take a Moonblast. It can be a nice revenge killer and late game sweeper on Fairy teams, although it is super frail and Dark typing doesn't really help it out there. It also faces stiff competition from Vivifire, whose Fire typing brings a lot more to a Fairy team.

Corwhal
Water - A Rank. Ice - B Rank (possibly A)

On Rain HO, Corwahl is a terror, as it can take out a lot of Pokemon that type struggles with - Mantine, Gastrodon, Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur all dread its Ice STAB. In fact Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice and Freeze Dry have perfect neutral coverage on just about the entire metagame. On Ice it's basically a better Lapras and Walrein, trading their bulk for much better Speed. While it does face stiff competition from Contrunion, which is faster and has Nasty Plot to set up faster, it manages to seperate itself with its Water STAB, so it can threaten Heatran and Tyranitar more reliably.

Bulletproof + better physical bulk Golisopod
Bug - B. Water - C.

It's a pretty good Spike setter on Bug, as it is very bulky. Bulletproof lets it check stuff like Gengar and Termight. It can also threaten Fire-types with its STAB Aqua Jet. Faces stiff competition from Araquanid though. It's a decent check to physical Grass types on Water, but many Grass types aren't weak to Bug - like Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur and Tapu Bulu. It's also complete Spikes fodder itself, assuming the foe isn't weak to Bug and/or Water.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
I think i'm going to get in on this!

Ability: Overgrow/Sap Sipper
Base stats: 111/94/86/102/92/55 [530]
Useful Moves:
Physical
: Crunch, Bite, Horn Leech, Body Slam, High Horsepower, Superpower, Bullet Seed, Wild Charge, Seed Bomb
Special: Leaf Storm, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Spitball*
Status: Curse, Leech Seed, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Strength Sap, Taunt, Protect, Substitute, Toxic

Spitball:
/ 90 BP / 15 PP / Lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage. / Z-Power: 175 / Bullet (Blocked by Bulletproof)

Sprite:

Weight: 105 kg / 231 lbs
Egg Group(s): Grass, Field
Competitive use: Able to destroy it's opponent from the outside in, this Pokemon is a Jack of All Trades. Its HP Stat means it can attempt to run stall using a Protect/Toxic/Recovery/Attack combo, or it can go all out Physical or Special on Trick Room. it has means of healing itself with Synthesis and Strength Sap, and Sap Sipper allows it to have a good matchup against other Grass teams.
Is it broken?: While both of Alpalpaca's attacking stats are usable, its Physical movepool is greater and more diverse than it's Special movepool, meaning that it cant use it's greater attacking stat to it's full potential. Although it has a great HP stat and moderate defensive stats, it's typing is much to be desired.
Flavor: Alpalpaca are much less friendly than their smaller form. Those which have not cared for it enough find Alpalpaca more vengeful and destructive. It can fire spitballs at 50MPH.

Ability: Blaze/Trace
Base stats: 60/63/86/115/86/120 [530]
Useful Moves:
Physical
: Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, Flame Charge, Brave Bird, Fly, Extreme Speed, U-turn, Explosion
Special: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Overheat, Air Slash, Hurricane, Psyshock, Dark Pulse,
Status: Curse, Trick, Switcheroo, Nasty Plot, Speed Swap, Mindwipe*, Trick Room, Healing Wish, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Psychic Terrain, Psycho Shift.

Mindwipe:
/ -- BP / 15 PP / The target is unable to use any moves that are not it's own type for 5 turns. / Z-Effect: SpA+1

Sprite:

Weight: 25 kg / 56 lbs
Egg Group(s): Flying, Field
Competitive use: Using fast attacks and clever plays, Psypyre uses it's ability to set up field effects like Psychic Terrain and Rooms
Is it broken?: Psypyre's frailty means it wont be able to live long when attempting to set up it's rooms, but Trace allows it to copy some Immunities and beneficial abilities such as Prankster, with Extreme Speed allowing for Revenge Kills.
Flavor: Psypyre group together on full moons to go out and hunt for prey. These include Pokemon such as Caterpie and Wurmple. They will attempt to take on bugs as big as Heracross when grouped together.

Ability: Torrent/Iron Fist
Base stats: 78/123/99/76/56/98 [530]
Useful Moves:
Physical
: Power-Up Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Liquidation, Superpower, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Shadow Claw, Crabhammer, 1-2 Punch*
Special: Whirlpool, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam
Status: Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Work Up, Protect, Lock-On, Mat Block, Block, Aqua Ring

1-2 Punch:
/ 45 BP / 15 PP / Hits twice. / Z-Power: 175 / Counts as a Punch Move

Sprite:

Weight: 16 kg / 35 lbs
Egg Group(s): Water 3
Competitive use: Using destructive hits and taking advantage of priority is this Pokemon's game and you're playing it. Have a sub up? Who cares! Throw that sub in the trash!! Ghost type?? Not a Problem! just Night Slash that ghostie. It's here to take names and kick ass. and it doesn't know how to write.
Is it broken?: No way to deal with fairies reliably is a large problem, and a pretty not good special defense is not going to help.
Flavor: Shrimpow battle each other for dominance over territory. It is said two Shrimpow claws coming into contact send shock waves in the waters.

Last edited:
Glad to see this back :)
FireIC_Big.png
PsychicIC_Big.png
Inspiration: The concept of cleansing/purifying something by burning it.
Ability: Blaze (Levitate)
Base stats: 90/70/125/75/125/45 (530)
Useful Moves:
: U-Turn
: Flamethrower, Psychic, Psyshock, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Focus Blast
: Calm Mind, Wish, Aromatherapy, Taunt, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Purify, Cleansing Fire*
*I'm unsure on the rules here where it comes to adding someone else's custom move to one of your new submissions, so if I can't use Cleansing Fire from Vivifire on this mon then replace this with Defog.
Sprite: Orange Reuniclus surrounded with white smoke from incense.
Weight: 44.3 lbs. or 20.1 kg
Size: 3'03" or 1.0 m
Egg Group(s): Amorphous
Competitive use: A fire type that covers up the Ground type weakness, and provides a bulky pivot/Cleric that Fire otherwise lacks. Psychic gains another Bug neutrality, and all the resistances that come with the Fire subtype.
Is it OP?: It's a slow defensive mon with low attacking stats and 4 weaknesses. It is also a SR remover that is weak to rocks, and has very slow recovery.
Pokedex: The flames from a Purifyre will burn, but never do any long term damage to people or pokemon. Many people that have recovered from Purifyre burns claim that the burned area feels better after it's healed from the burn than it did before it was burned.

WaterIC_Big.png
FightingIC_Big.png
Ability: Torrent (No Guard)
Base stats: 55/92/101/111/60/111 (530)
Useful Moves:
: Crabhammer, Cross Chop, Icicle Crash, Stone Edge (NO Dynamic Punch)
: Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Blizzard, Thunder,
: Nasty Plot, Bulk Up, Taunt, Substitute
Sprite: Crawdaunt
Weight: 72.3 lbs. or 32.8 kg
Size: 3'7" or 1.1 m
Egg Group(s):
Competitive use: Quick Special attacker with powerful coverage, setting it apart from Keldeo.
Is it OP?: Low bulk, especially on the special side makes it hard to switch in. It's decent attack stat is just outclassed by it's more powerful special attack and special movepool.
Pokedex:

Last edited:

Ability: Torrent / Iron Barbs
Base Stats: 126 / 97 / 75 / 84 / 96 / 52 | 530 BST
Useful Moves:
Physical:
Circle Throw, Waterfall, Explosion, Gyro Ball, Aqua Jet, Seed Bomb, Ice Punch, Heavy Slam
Special: Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere
Status: Spikes, Toxic, Spiky Shield, Minefield (Leech Seed clone that is blocked by Steel types.)
Weight: 200 kg
Egg Groups: Mineral, Water 3
Competitive Use: Navolast is best used as a slow suicide lead to set hazards and go out with Explosion. It can also be used as a wall/utility pokemon with an interesting typing and a pretty useful movepool. It kind of acts like Ferrothorn, is less passive and likes to run Circle Throw and Ice Punch. However, Toxapex outclassed it in certain areas.
Is it broken?: A lack of reliable recovery and mediocre defensive typing means Navolast can be worn down quite easily.
Flavor: Navolast remain completely motionless in the ocean for weeks at a time. Be careful when approaching Navolast, as they will explode when startled.

Ability: Overgrow / Triage
Base Stats: 79 / 108 / 62 / 81 / 108 / 92 | 530 BST
Useful Moves:
Physical:
Horn Leech, Sucker Punch, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Rock Slide, Crunch
Special: Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, Dark Pulse, Acid Spray, Scald
Weight: 9 kg
Egg Groups: Grass
Competitive Use: A priority abuser, through and through. Prefers physical but can run a weaker special set to switch up the checks. Z-Mirror move is also a thing that is fun.
Is it broken?: Eh, it's pretty predictable and can't deal with Steel types. Hopefully Triage isn't out of hand on it, but it is very good offensively.
Flavor: Comparsnip inhabit dark areas of the forest, where they are free to grow wild. Coming into contact with a wild one can cause serious injuries due to their hostile nature.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Abilities: Blaze / Magic Guard
Base Stats: 79 / 105 / 72 / 80 / 83 / 111
Useful Moves
Physical:
Zen Headbutt, Flame Charge, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, U-turn, Fly, Blaze Kick, Dawn Thud*
Special: Psychic, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Air Slash
Status: Morning Sun, Tailwind, Agility, Calm Mind, Trick, Will-O-Wisp, Defog
Dawn Thud: Fire type Body Slam clone, with 30 % chance of setting Sunny Day. Sound-based.
Weight: 101 kg
Egg Groups: Field
Competitive: Good choice item abuser, with multiple spammable moves like Zen Headbutt and his new signature move Dawn Thud. Pegasun has multiple options to use choice items at its finest, like U-turn or Trick. It also has a pretty unique typing that has a decent offensive cover, though it's really bad defensively. It also has Magic Guard, which makes it ignore status and hazards.
Broken? An astrocious defensive typing, pretty underwhelming stats, litteraly no way to pass through bulky water-types.

OK everyone it’s voting time! Vote for one Pokemon of each type. You may not vote for any of your own Pokemon. Voting will close on Friday. Good luck!

My votes:

Grass / Dark: Comparsnip
Fire / Psychic: Psypyre
Water / Fighting: Flooduel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)