Monotype Monotype Generations Tour IV - Round 6

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Approved by the Monotype Mod Team / Art made by lyd

Welcome to the fourth iteration of the Monotype Generations Tour. It will work similarly to last year's where it focuses on the three most recent generations of Monotype: SS, USUM, and ORAS. The first tier to be played is SS Monotype. The loser then decides which generation is played next, between USUM and ORAS Monotype. If a third game needs to be played, the remaining generation will act as the deciding format.

SS, USUM, and ORAS all have challengable formats on Pokemon Showdown, please use them when playing your matches for this tournament. Like last year, Monotype Gens will be included in the Monotype Circuit and will be a double elimination tour. Scoring points will mirror that of a Monotype Seasonals.

Monotype Generations Tour I
Monotype Generations Tour II
Monotype Generations Tour III

SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • SwSh is the first generation played in each round. The loser gets to pick the next generation played.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and must be redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
General Tournament Rules / Guidelines:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counter teaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Tournament Resources:

Different Generation Monotype Clauses:
Gen 8:
Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Dynamax Clause: You cannot Dynamax

Gen 7:
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned

Gen 6:
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Speed and other stats simultaneously
Moody Clause: Moody is banned

Winners Bracket
maroon vs Harpp
Chaitanya vs ed wins
Toadow vs Anthonyy23
Floss vs Namranan
Fylkir Pudin vs Waszap
yedla vs Vodoom
dahli vs Its Choco Bitch
Kaguya Lys vs MetaRiolu7

Losers Bracket
blinkboy vs Endal
Derpeddeath vs Jolly Togekiss ^-^
Eien vs DYA
Decem vs Jamez155
Splash vs Crashy
Kev vs DugZa
Caspell vs RAP Yogurt
smub vs kythr

Deadline for this Round is March 8th @ 10 PM EST
Replays will be enforced, either post them or leave them public. Otherwise the match will be coinflipped!

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Extension Matches
I gave extensions to these matches because they asked me for extensions.

Fylkir Pudin vs Waszap
Splash vs Crashy

I updated the OP and Round 7 should be up soon. If I made any mistakes please do not hesitate to let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)