Other [monotype] Jackie chan squad, peaked 1629 (#8)

Grats at the peak bud! I was having fun watching you punching and kicking everything, and now I got to see what your team looks like. I'll admit its rly cool, I personally wouldn't run av chesnaught, but, hey it did wonders for you! Great job, and defend your lead the challenge isn't over yet! ;P

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the shoutout Raimon n_n.

One thing I noticed is you kind of roll over and die to Sableye. Unless Keldeo can get rid of it before it boosts, it just kinda wins. Have you considered sub + cm keldeo instead? It can break Sableye regadless of boosts, because it only runs dank pulse usually and won't be able to burn through it. SubCM keld in general is underrated and dismantles a lot of teams.

You can take the HP EVs on Hawlucha out of Spe rather than Atk tbh, this isn't common but honestly at +2 there's no scarfer alive outspeeding Hawlucha and losing that little bt of speed is irrelevant. (scarf deo-s the meta).

Nice team man I love fighting, gl peaking higher.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the shoutout Raimon n_n.

One thing I noticed is you kind of roll over and die to Sableye. Unless Keldeo can get rid of it before it boosts, it just kinda wins. Have you considered sub + cm keldeo instead? It can break Sableye regadless of boosts, because it only runs dank pulse usually and won't be able to burn through it. SubCM keld in general is underrated and dismantles a lot of teams.

The thing about mega medicham is that yes it does 2hko garde, and a shit ton of other things, but garde can outspeed ohko back so it still wins. Therefore I'd suggest Bullet Punch > Thunder Punch. Bullet Punch allows you to KO Garde as well as more reliably revenge kill set-up mons between fake out / b punch. Thunder Punch doesn't even hit much; 240+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 202-238 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery is probably the only scenario it is even needed over HJK besides like Jellicent. Bullet Punch hits much more, especially because you are Adamant.

You can take the HP EVs on Hawlucha out of Spe rather than Atk tbh, this isn't common but honestly at +2 there's no scarfer alive outspeeding Hawlucha and losing that little bt of speed is irrelevant. (scarf deo-s the meta).

Nice team man I love fighting, gl peaking higher.
Uh dude i got tpunch and bullet punch, can't run one over the other :P

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Aight, raimon here with my fighting cc team which peaked number 8. The two mons needed were chesnaught and infernape as shown here, http://monotypeps.weebly.com/challenge-33.html . Lastly replay to prove peak of 1629, just believe me it was number 8 lol, http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-274535997 .
I'm not good at this intro shit, so uh onto the team.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

This thing provides such vital support to the team, and there hasn't been a single game where I havnt led with this in over 100 matches with the team. That's alot of leads for a mon. And there is a good reason for that. With the shit smallest defenses with investment given it becomes a 1 for 1 mon, with rocks as a bonus. Time after time it's saved me from a threat after rocks switch out, and coming back in later after sash live to endeavor. It's blaze boosted fire blast also nabs some surprise kills after going from 45 percent to 60 percent for example, on a Sableye after a cm. All in all one of the, if not the best suicide lead in the meta

Chesnaught @ Assault Vest
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw/Payback
- Seed Bomb

This thing is such a tank. Originally it was a spiker, but after a few matches I changed it to assvest, and I never looked back. It gets surprise 2hkoes with shadow claw against psychic and makes the psychic match up much easier. It is also a great switch in to fake out ers who take on lead nape. This bulky synergy combatted by high attack, makes it an absolute tank doing its job very well. It can also take on more offensive flying teams by itself after Skarm is down with rock slide and coverage. I believe this thing does its job better than CONKELLDUR on fighting, as they both work as mixed walls which can hit hard, aka a tank, but this thing has higher bulk and more key resistances, which support my team better. So even i used this team outside of the cc id keep chesnaught over conk. It does this, by switching into mega lop for nape and volt switches for keldeo, allowing them to be preserved without sacking something, while also keeping the hyper offensive flow of the team alive.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
From here on out its just generic fighting I guess lol. Jokes aside this thing is a staple on all fighting teams with its ability to rape flying and dark after Skarm is down ( FUK you Skarm).
With its awesome coverage it can also deal with fairy teams, this teams one big weakness.
Not much to say apart from edge-quake coverage and close combat for stab. Scarf to outspeed other scarfs and weavile and lop and revenge plus 1 dd or other sweepers like dat.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

I prefer specs keldeo to sub cm keldeo, just for the boost in coverage, and not being needed to stay in the back till late game. It also has more immediate power and nukes the fuck out of everything. It can ohko so much shit with hydro, and 2hko slowbro with hydro. Jk. The only reason I actually use it is to spam scald and burn shit and make people rage quit xD

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch

With Adamnant this thing is literally God. It 2hkoes everything, apart from slowbro with hjk. And then I have thunderpunch. It even 2hkoes mega Garde with hjk, and that 4 times resists it. It's just God. Fake bullet punch has saved me from some sticky situations, like opposing hawluchau and prioirty users. Not much else to say here apart from its the God of nukes.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Against grass and fighting after rocks are up, this thing just wins Imo. It also does so well against so many types, I prefer the sub variant to power herb, as it handles stall better, with the ability to sub and dodge para, sd and sweep or attempt to from there. Unburden makes it a monster allowing it to murk offensive teams after its tipped, destroying helpless trainers XD.

Lastly some shoutouts and replays

Zangooser such an innovative teambuilder and nice guy

Dream Eater Gengar nom nom nom on all dose dreams, also a nice Gengar to talk to.

Joshz inspired me to take up the cc after I read his rmt

Ransei Grats on driver, throughly deserved

scpinion science nerd, same here XD. Also for team to be on thingy.

Snaquaza I talk with him loads, about AAA and stuff. So nice and I like being his aaa test guinea pig, keeps owning me tho D:

Stunfisk The Great for making this possible and being soooo nice, nicest guy on showdown, or at least who I know. Should be running a charity tbh.

Also to my best friend on pokemon showdown, I don't know his smogon but rain veleno, who is now known as doko nonshonen, I don't know what to say but from the beginning of me entering rooms he has been there. I can't find him anymore and it makes me sad, but he is my best friend on smogon. Wherever you are I miss you vel.

Replays;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-274252431 Versus cm Klefki steel

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-274249842 Versus normal

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-274244912 Versus psychic

Thanks for reading guys, and enjoy, importable for team stealers

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Chesnaught @ Assault Vest
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)