Side Monotype Ladder Tournament IV - Playoffs Round 3 (Losers)

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Welcome to the fourth edition of the Monotype Ladder Tournament hosted by Decemm and Perishing Song!

The laddering session has now concluded, here are the players who qualified during the past 4 weeks of laddering. Now they will be placed in a double elimination bracket in order to determine the winner of this tournament.

The pairings will be RANDOMISED and not at all based on what position you ended on the ladder in your cycle. The competition will also be DOUBLE ELIMINATION and each match up is a BEST OF THREE.

Deadline for matches will be at Monday September 10th at 12:00 AM EST

Good luck to everyone!

Losers Bracket

Wyn vs. Asziran
Clearly vs. Prosaic
pikachu<3 vs. Cam
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy
smub vs. Jase Duken
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale

Last edited by a moderator:
Wyn vs. Asziran - the top 2 contenders of stay oras battling it out, Maybe talk to a host to see if u can do bo3 oras mono instead.
Clearly vs. Prosaic - lost all hope for clearly when he lost to vodoom LOL
pikachu<3 vs. Cam - cam will probably win but this pikachu dude seem too innocent and i cant vote against him
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi - Eric is locked so if he cant spew shittalk during the battle he has about 0 chances
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy - dont get steamed
smub vs. Jase Duken - TREYWAY man rlly gave an mtv cribz tour of his house and his new office looks lit gonna catch bare W's on that
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale - ah another HL match. Ubers?AG? extraordinaire vs OU extraordinaire. TBH i'm hesitant to even vote for zugu because of how badly he got railed recently, really caught the chaitanya curse but alas hes a real one and i cant go against him. Can't count the AG hoe out tho

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wyn vs. Asziran - close but i'll go with wyn
Clearly vs. Prosaic - prosaic has more drip
pikachu<3 vs. Cam - xyz's not that versatile from what i've seen so should be a win for Cam
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse - he said he's quitting but if he actually plays he should win
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi - eric can win if gets decent matchups but wincon has the skill edge
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy - trich should be able to pull this off
smub vs. Jase Duken - should win unless he plays like he did vs Bitana
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale - close one but i'll give a slight edge to zugu

akaFila

butterscotch love
Wyn vs. Asziran - Desperation for YouTube content = wins
Clearly vs. Prosaic - Clearly someone likes to disappoint
pikachu<3 vs. Cam - Dedenne is best elec rat so kindly leave this tour pls
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse - Need another juicy sus post so gotta pick against :(
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi - lol
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy - Should be a comfortable win
smub vs. Jase Duken - Toss up imo, so edge going to the bounce back performance
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale - Picking u every round now bb don't disappoint

Wyn vs. Asziran = don't luz, wyn :p
Clearly vs. Prosaic = rep the ladder pro, start using your final form
pikachu<3 vs. Cam = i choose you. just don't start speaking like the 20th movie
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse = ik of vin a bit more, i think hes got this
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi = EricSaysBye to his wincon. Just a play on words, pay no mind :p
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy = devil's advocate for the steamy one :P
smub vs. Jase Duken = good game, tough call but gonna pick Duken
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale = going with the guy Ik a little more

hate to do this but i need to make 100 posts so i can request a name change and get rid of this ugly 0

Wyn vs. Asziran - come thru oras
Clearly vs. Prosaic -
pikachu<3 vs. Cam -
Vin Flint vs. Suspensse - didnt susp quit?
Wincon vs. EricSaysHi -
Feitan the steam vs. Trichotomy - pretty even imo
smub vs. Jase Duken -
Catalystic vs. zugubu royale -

ended wincon's mono career in two.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-802482581
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-802471410
s/o to Jase Duken for the teambuilding help Eien for the prep tips and Its Hatch for the moral support and allowing me to scream at him while playing league of legends.
Imagine mlt ending someone's career lmao. You got extreme mu, that's just monotype, it happens. Could've just dropped a gg and not be a absolute dick to your former mwpl teammate but ok :psyduck:

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Calling act; only gave me ridiculous times to play in the week, and when i asked what time on the weekend i was never given a specific time. I can't wait on ps all day for him to come on and contact me. Check his wall to see the scheduling

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
re: Cam vs pikachu<3

Last night Perishing song and I reviewed the case of the activity win between Cam and pikachu<3, and this is what we decided on.

Pikachu<3 had a busy schedule and was out for the weekend with only a small time window from 12 am - 3 am EST to get his matches done with Cam. Cam could not make it, as the timezone was early in the morning for him and getting up extremely early to play a series of games seemed unreasonable. Cam replied and stated that the time did not work for him, and that they would have to find another time. Pikachu<3 saw but decided to remain unresponsive to Cam's message up until the deadline passed, therefore remaining uncooperative to Cam's scheduling. This is why Perishing Song and I have chosen to give Cam the activity win, as pikachu<3 did not make the effort to tell Cam whether he wanted to reschedule or ask for an extension or not.

If you have any questions on the situation feel free to contact Perishing song and I on Smogon, Pokemon Showdown, or Discord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)