approved by Forum Mods
Bringing back a long beloved tournament format, seeded tournaments make sure that all the best action is saved for the end. Players will be given their seed rankings by Chaitanya , Floss , maroon, Attribute, Izaya, Zar, and Mateeus which will determine their opponents over the course of the tournament.
Once signups are finalized, the Seed Council will assign rankings to each player based on their skill level. The tournament will start off with the higher seed players being matched with the lower seed ones. This tournament format ensures that two top players don't end up facing each other early, and battles between two high-ranking players are saved for the end.
Seeds once decided are final and no seed change requests will be entertained.
Tournament Rules are as follows:
- Standard Smogon clauses & tournament rules apply.
- Single Elimination.
- Best of 3 out of BW / ORAS / USUM / SS Monotype, decided upon by the players.
- Before the game starts, the lower seed will choose the first generation to be played, and the subsequent loser will choose the next generation until a BO3 is played.
- Ghosting is forbidden in each round and any obvious or blatant cases will have hefty consequences.
- Battles for future sets will not be counted until that set is live.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and must be redone on one of those 2 servers.
- Each round will only last for 7 days, extensions will NOT be given.
- Saving replays is recommended as it will allow us to clear any disputes that arise.
- Baton Pass Clause: Baton Pass is banned
- Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Signups will end in 7 days or when 128 players have signed up, whichever is earlier.