Team Monotype Premier League II [Week 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Week 7
Deadline: Wednesday, March 30th

For more info, check out the Rules, Standings, and Replays thread.
Sorry for getting this posted late. I had to go on an unexpected trip for school at the beginning of this week and didn't have computer access.

vs.

ORAS1: Trichotomy vs. Bushtush
ORAS2: ArkenCiel vs. Ridley.
BW: GodChef vs. Disbelief
Monothreat: EricSaysHi vs. Jyph
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Azelea
STABmons: Entei. vs. BlackJak
Doubles: Yellow Paint vs. SocialSocialSocial
UU Mono: Fírnen vs. Animus Majulous

vs.

ORAS1: Sabella vs. iGlack
ORAS2: Wanka vs. EienSeiryuu
BW: North vs. Zukushiku
Monothreat: Crashy vs. Kammi
AAA: Kiyo vs. savanah
STABmons: Confluxx vs. Rumor
Doubles: Nido-Rus vs. Sakis
UU: Irraquated vs. ceraa

vs.

ORAS: Balto vs. iVid
ORAS2: BlackBloodz vs. all falls down
BW: rozes vs. Crestfall
Monothreat: Ticktick vs. Megazard
AAA: Anttya vs. MegCham
STABmons: Chakra vs. le fat kid
Dou: n10sit vs. thebagman
UU: Sae Sae vs. jiggle

vs.

ORAS1: rnbs vs. Paleo
ORAS2: dolphindude14 vs. Arifeen
BW: Articuno I vs. Raseri
Monothreat: Misaka Mikoto vs. LemonJello88
AAA: jeran vs. Yaksok
STABmons: Betathunder vs. Dak Prescott
Doubles: Silverwhiteblue vs. Croven
UU: Tylacto vs. Knigkt

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Le predictions:

ORAS1: Sabella vs. iGlack: Close match, but I think Sabella's experience gives him the edge.
ORAS2: Wanka vs. EienSeiryuu: This will be a fantastic match, but wanka will pull out the W with his oversized chorizo.
BW: North vs. Zukushiku: Both are fantastic battlers, but North is the BW jesi.
Monothreat: Crashy vs. Kammi: With Ticken's teambuilder and a 36 on her ACT, how could she possibly lose?
AAA: Kiyo vs. savanah: Another close match, but I think savanah has the advantage.
STABmons: Confluxx vs. Rumor: BATTLE OF THE FREE AGENTS! I've never seen either play STABmons, so not sure who's gonna win.
Doubles: Nido-Rus vs. Sakis: Along with Social, Nido-Rus is the best dubs player.
UU: Irraquated vs. ceraa: The dingos are still out to get Irra. :/

ORAS: Balto vs. iVid: Gonna be a great match, but my disc golf buddy's got this. ;)
ORAS2: BlackBloodz vs. all falls down: With the power of the bindi on his side, no one can stop him.
BW: rozes vs. Crestfall: Cres has been playing great in BW lately, but rozes is also getting into his groove, gonna be a great game.
Monothreat: Ticktick vs. Megazard: Ticken is the Monothreat god.
AAA: Anttya vs. MegCham: My girl AAAnttya's got this W ez.
STABmons: Chakra vs. le fat kid: The Ambitious Altaria Skype Group Message is giving Chakra an ez W.
Dou: n10sit vs. thebagman: I don't know much about doubles aside from Nido-Rus and Social xd.
UU: Sae Sae vs. jiggle: Super Sub Jiggle can only win when coming off the bench, Sae is too good.

ORAS1: rnbs vs. Paleo: HIGHLIGHT ORAS MATCH. I'm giving Paleo the edge though.
ORAS2: dolphindude14 vs. Arifeen: Another FANTASTIC match, Arifeen's experience and versatility give him the advantage.
BW: Articuno I vs. Raseri: DoW is on fire.
Monothreat: Misaka Mikoto vs. Knigkt: My boy Knigkt has this game ez.
AAA: jeran vs. Yaksok: Yaksok is one of the best AAA teambuilders and battlers there is.
STABmons: Betathunder vs. Dak Prescott: Dak literally CANNOT lose.
Doubles: Silverwhiteblue vs. Croven: With monotype AND dubs experience, Croven has the edge.
UU: Tylacto vs. LemonJello88: Tylacto's gonna get timered while RPing with DEG. ://

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Metas Review
Now that MPL regular season is coming to a close I wanted to look back at the Metas that were in MPL this year seeing how good they metas were. Going to start of with ORAS Monotype, BW Monotype, and, Monothreat will not be reviewed due to the fact they almost guaranteed they will be and MPL and those Metas are good anyways. I will be rating them in terms of how enjoyable the matches were to watch, variety (to an extent), and how good the Metagame actually is (Balance).
Grade:B+
Positives
-Decently diverse
-Established Playerbase
-Most matches Were enjoyable
Negatives
-Similar problem with some matchups being unwinable but that's a given
-Weird ass abilities get used EX:Storm Drain Lando-T won a match in MPL
Why?
I personally loved Monotype AAA this year and last year this meta doesn't really have many issues. It is probably the best Mono OM besides BW and Doubles in MPL. Really not much to say because it was a solid meta. The weird abilities kinda threw me off making this Meta kinda iffy if I thought it was good or not but majority of time in competitive play they are not a factor(or rarely a factor). The playerbase this year was similar to last years MPL Playerbase plus a couple more players. This metagame will almost definitely be in next MPL
Grade:B+
Positives
-Established Playerbase
-Most matches were enjoyable
Negatives
-Variety was not really there but didn't take away from the Meta
Why?
The Monotype Doubles Metagame came out of nowhere but it was a good meta that was ran by players from doubles community that didn't have bias towards certain types like some Monotype Players do. The Metagame requires a lot of prediction because of nature of Doubles in general. This was the one of two new Metagames introduced to MPL and it was introduced in the right way. This metagame has made its footprint on MPL ,a positive one, and it should be back for next MPL.
Grade:C+
Positives
-Goes hand in hand with Monotype
-Most matches were enjoyable to watch
-Established Playerbase
Negatives
-Controversy happened with Boomburst E Speed and Mega Lop
-Metagame unlikely to come back next year
Why?
Monotype STABmons was in MPL last year and the Metagame is very interesting and offensive as well changing the nature Monotype has being balance orientated tier to more offensively based tier. This year the type normal was unban due to some banlist changes in regular STABmons and it sparked a big controversy over Mega Lop, ESpeed, and Boomburst. Boomburst and ESpeed were ban after that I felt like the Meta went a bit silent, but that's probably just me. Another issue is the unpopularity of regular STABmons on the ladder and the very strong possibility of it being deleted as a ladder and as a challenge format making it impossible to come back. the tier lost points for the big controversy, but its still a really good Mono OM and I hope it comes back.
Grade:D+
Positives
-Some not really seen Pokemon (ORAS Monotype) get used
Negatives
-Extremely type matchup based more than any other Mono OM
-No consistent banlist
-Very few enjoyable matches
-Not balanced at all
-No established playerbase
Why?
Alright this tier was the worst tier in MPL no doubt about it and it should have never been in MPL in the first place to be honest with everyone. One of major things I would like to hammer this tier is a beta tier being played in a major team tournament and has close to 0 balance. Let's start with the major flaw of the tier being having the players have to agree on what banlist they want to use having 3 different banlists to choose from which is just absurd. The tier being very matchup based meaning that anyone can play the tier on top of having close to no established playerbase as well. My recommendation is to boycott this tier wait 1 more year with a new council to make a better Mono UU when Pokemon Sun and Moon and even then that Meta should not be in next MPL because of instability of most tiers at beginning. There were better options for MPL than this tier.
Metas that didn't make the Cut and quick descriptions on why they should not be considered or should have been in MPL
BH is a fun meta to screw around with your friends once in a while, but it is not a competitive Meta and should never be considered for MPL
This would have been an easy fix to Mono UU (a beta tier) or to ties by just adding this perfectly good metagame to the mix. Although the challenge format would need to be Ubers it would be worth it for a decent metagame. This would make dedicated Monotype players more valuable as well.
LC is a similar story to XY Monotype and if both were added that would have solved both of the issues with this MPL being having a beta tier and ties being a factor. This would be a good Metagame and has an established playerbase more than Mono UU did

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent
My MPL year in review post:

First off im new to monotype yes hi, nice to meet those who i havent already met. MPL was pretty successful this year imo. Scizors we tried our best but there is always next year. Also a congratulations and a thank you to all those that participated. However i feel like MPL can be expanded upon and made better by next year.

1. Expansion to a 10 team format(only if the mono community continues to grow and a large enough playerbase is established), just a basic tournament functionality where top 6 advance and top 2 by the end of the regular season get first round playoff byes.

2. Adding an additional meta to stray away from ties(such as LC), i feel like this will help in a multitude of ways. Firstly there will be no ties, each week will have winners and losers. People will likely not try to gain activity from there games to force ties.

3. Non-Human auction bot :p

4. More precise schedule of when lineups are due so that rounds may be started on the same day of each week for the duration of the tour, and if extensions are going to be needed they should be asked for in the first half of the week not on the last day.

GL to all in playoffs.

If you agree with me great if you dont, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
lost gg, Articuno is blind af http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-monotype-348726943

Ok so, since we officially got eliminated and meh battle is over I thought I'd take some time to reflect on the season as a whole.

Even though our team didn't do so well as a whole I'm still pretty content with how my first mpl went and it was for sure a ride to remember! There was no way in hell I could've predicted myself to be managing the lucs by the end of the season let alone be a consistent member in our lineup every week. Especially since it was my first mpl and I was just nervous about whether I'd get on a team or not. I was just happy I got drafted and I didn't expect to get a shot at ORAS but s/o to Sabella for giving me a chance. Ik a lot of people gad doubts about me and that I might not be able to contend with some of the premier ORAS players that got drafted and I respect that, I would doubt myself as well if I were in that spot. I'll take 3-1 in ORAS and 5-2 Overall though given that I was doubted a lot of those weeks and I'm happy I was able to get my team a win in situations where I was supposed to lose. I hope I was able to surprise some of you guys and put myself out there.

Confide. Keep your head up man, you got really unlucky this go around and you gotta just put it behind you. I know ur still a solid player man and best of luck with LC stuff.

Crashy You've been a great teammate man. I don't think anybody expected you to post a winning record this season and you for sure surprised the hell out of a lot of people. good stuff man.

Sabella Ik you didn't have the season you would've liked but thanks for trusting me when a lot of ppl didn't.

Irraquated Gl in w/e future stuff you do fren. I'm glad we got to know each other these past few months [=

Nido-Rus always nice to have someone as consistent as you man. I could always count on you to get us a win (:

North Again, keep ur head up fren, nothing more than unlucky, we all know ur capable of much more.

Confluxx happy we got to pick you up, even in ur short time with us I could already tell how much you enjoy this and that ur greatful for the opportunity, hope to see you next year in this tour more.

pork chop man Ik you got put in a lot of tough spots my man. We tried to get you in as much as we could and I can't really fault you when you might not have been as seasoned in the tiers you played. It was nice to have to fren.

Kiyo Thanks for sticking with us man. Ik you were busy with spl stuff and im glad you did pretty well in that too. You got us some much needed wins in clutch spots so thanks for that.

Gl to the teams who make it into playoffs. stay tuned for some predictions for this week as well [=

good stuff.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
lost gg, Articuno is blind af http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-monotype-348726943

Ok so, since we officially got eliminated and meh battle is over I thought I'd take some time to reflect on the season as a whole.

Even though our team didn't do so well as a whole I'm still pretty content with how my first mpl went and it was for sure a ride to remember! There was no way in hell I could've predicted myself to be managing the lucs by the end of the season let alone be a consistent member in our lineup every week. Especially since it was my first mpl and I was just nervous about whether I'd get on a team or not. I was just happy I got drafted and I didn't expect to get a shot at ORAS but s/o to Sabella for giving me a chance. Ik a lot of people gad doubts about me and that I might not be able to contend with some of the premier ORAS players that got drafted and I respect that, I would doubt myself as well if I were in that spot. I'll take 3-1 in ORAS and 5-2 Overall though given that I was doubted a lot of those weeks and I'm happy I was able to get my team a win in situations where I was supposed to lose. I hope I was able to surprise some of you guys and put myself out there.

Confide. Keep your head up man, you got really unlucky this go around and you gotta just put it behind you. I know ur still a solid player man and best of luck with LC stuff.

Crashy You've been a great teammate man. I don't think anybody expected you to post a winning record this season and you for sure surprised the hell out of a lot of people. good stuff man.

Sabella Ik you didn't have the season you would've liked but thanks for trusting me when a lot of ppl didn't.

Irraquated Gl in w/e future stuff you do fren. I'm glad we got to know each other these past few months [=

Nido-Rus always nice to have someone as consistent as you man. I could always count on you to get us a win (:

North Again, keep ur head up fren, nothing more than unlucky, we all know ur capable of much more.

Confluxx happy we got to pick you up, even in ur short time with us I could already tell how much you enjoy this and that ur greatful for the opportunity, hope to see you next year in this tour more.

pork chop man Ik you got put in a lot of tough spots my man. We tried to get you in as much as we could and I can't really fault you when you might not have been as seasoned in the tiers you played. It was nice to have to fren.

Kiyo Thanks for sticking with us man. Ik you were busy with spl stuff and im glad you did pretty well in that too. You got us some much needed wins in clutch spots so thanks for that.

Gl to the teams who make it into playoffs. stay tuned for some predictions for this week as well [=

good stuff.
Thanks fren anytime i always believe in people who work hard. Wish my season was better but real life got a bit in the way along w a lack of motivation and a few horrible matchups. Always next year as kaiser and balto say lmao

Predictions :D
ORAS1: Trichotomy vs. Bushtush
ORAS2: ArkenCiel vs. Ridley.
BW: GodChef vs. Disbelief
Monothreat: EricSaysHi vs. Jyph
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Azelea
STABmons: Entei. vs. BlackJak
Doubles: Yellow Paint vs. SocialSocialSocial
UU Mono: Fírnen vs. Animus Majulous

ORAS1: Sabella vs.iGlack
ORAS2: Wanka vs. EienSeiryuu
BW: North vs. Zukushiku
Monothreat: Crashy vs. Kammi
AAA: Kiyo vs. savanah
STABmons: Confluxx vs. Rumor
Doubles: Nido-Rus vs. Sakis
UU: Irraquated vs. ceraa

ORAS2: BlackBloodz vs. all falls down
BW: rozes vs. Crestfall
Monothreat: Ticktick vs. Megazard
AAA: Anttya vs. MegCham
STABmons: Chakra vs. le fat kid
Dou: n10sit vs. thebagman
UU: Sae Sae vs. jiggle

ORAS1: rnbs vs. Paleo
ORAS2: dolphindude14 vs. Arifeen
BW: Articuno I vs. Raseri
Monothreat: Misaka Mikoto vs. LemonJello88
AAA: jeran vs. Yaksok
STABmons: Betathunder vs. Dak Prescott
Doubles: Silverwhiteblue vs. Croven
UU: Tylacto vs. Knigkt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)