Team Monotype Premiere League II [Finals]: Congrats Devious Diancies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Week 9
Deadline: Wednesday, April 20th
For more info, check out the Rules, Standings, and Replays thread.

V.S

ORAS1: Paleo v.s. Chras
ORAS2: Arifeen v.s. rnbs
BW: Raseri v.s. Articuno I
Monothreat: LemonJello88 v.s. dolphindude14
AAA: Yaksok v.s. jeran
STABmons: Dak Prescott v.s. Betathunder
DOU: Croven v.s. Silverwhiteblue
UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylacto

Volcanion is banned

Tiebreaker
ORAS: Paleo V.S. rnbs
STABmons: Yaksok V.S Betathunder
UU: Knigkt V.S Shiba

Tiebreaker Rules

It is a veto system. Each team gets to eliminate (or 'veto') 2 formats, which leaves 3 formats remaining. Each team chooses 3 players to battle in the remaining formats.

Good luck to everyone this week, and may the best team win.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With the start of MPL's final week, I'd like to present...

We are hosting a survey to decide who gets to claim the title of MVP, Best Newcomer, Luckiest Player, and much more! The managers and assistant managers nominated the players they felt were deserving of each title and now you, the players and spectators of MPL, get to pick which player most deserves it. Some of the titles aren't exactly desirable, but please remember that this is all in good fun and we are not doing this to ridicule anyone.

At the end of the survey, there are a few questions that are intended to help us improve MPL for future seasons. Please take a few minutes to answer these questions.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Predactions
ORAS1: Paleo v.s. Chras - My fren, council member Paleo, out here politickin.
ORAS2: Arifeen v.s. rnbs - #BANGLADESHIPRIDE
BW: Raseri v.s. Articuno I - Not excited for this match because somebody will probably bring aids water or Dragon spam.
Monothreat: LemonJello88 v.s. dolphindude14 - Ticktick is MVP.
AAA: Yaksok v.s. jeran - Match I'm most excited about. Predicting it to be pretty close.
STABmons: Dak Prescott v.s. Betathunder - The other STABmons lord still in it so I gotta go with Dak Presgod.
DOU: Croven v.s. Silverwhiteblue - Croven is younger than most of you and better than most of you. Cry.
UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylacto - This should be good too but I don't know enough to leave some comment so I'm just gonna put my chips on Knigkt, both are good players though.

I'm feelin' kinky...

Betathunder

alphalightning
Actually, we have all collectively agreed as a team that our name should be changed from the devious diancies. The new name that we propose is the "Roleplaying Shar-pedos" in honor of our manager. we hope this change takes effect immediately. Thank you

UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylactoe

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Because I forgot to them last week, I guess I'll just do my season review and shoutouts now!

This season of MPL was pretty good overall! A lot of great competition, a lot of new faces, and a ton of surprises. It was so much fun, and I was really happy I could participate in it and help my team as much as I could. The few things I would change would be making it to where there is an odd number of tiers to avoid ties, and possibly expand the number of teams from 6 to 10.

Animus Majulous - The most underestimated Mono UU player out of MPL! ngl, I wasn't sure why Omega drafted you, because as far as I knew, you were just some old rusty mono staff member who plays CAP. But after the first week you played, you proved me, as well as everyone else, wrong. You came in clutch so many weeks for us, and you are also a super cool dude!

Ashaury - Mi papito!! It sucks that you didn't have the season you wanted because of all of the hax and the permalock stuff, but you were still a huge help to the team and I was pleasantly surprised that you signed up to play and were on my team! LosTacosHermanos for life!!! CrazyClown94 Zukushiku

Azelea - My boy Azelea30! You are one of the best Mono AAA players there is! I know your season didn't go the way you wanted with the hax, misclicks, etc, but you still did great, esp with helping others prep! You're also one of the nicest and coolest guys on this team!

BetaHousing - This nigga put the "ass" in ass man smh. Nah just playing, you were kinda unwillingly just thrown into this by Omega, but you helped out how you could with some dubs stuff. Dank memer for sure.

BlackJak - Yung Lean the DON. You had a hell of a season, and it was a great mark to end your PS career on! You carried a large load of this team on your back, only losing once to none other than eeeeeeeeeeeeeeEntei. I'll miss you a ton bro, and good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Bushtush - We started off kinda sketchy with the whole WoA v Bush thing, but after we got everything sorted out, we became super close and you were super helpful for testing my teams! You had an amazing season, completing the ultimate Mono UU core with Animus. You're also the freshest black canadian out there. ;)

Disbelief - (get ready for another retarded pun...) I was in Disbelief that you only went for 4k this year, probably the best 4k steal of this MPL imo. You had a nice season with some super clutch wins when we needed them! It sucks that we couldn't pull out that W like we did last season though :(

Jyph - This man showed everyone what's up. You got drafted as a free agent for 0K, and proceeded to take souls of other teams. DEFINITELY the steal of the draft. You are a super chill guy, and really nice to test teams with!

Omega-Xis - The best manager I could have ever hoped to have. You made this season so fun for me, and every other member of the Memers. You always helped me recover from the tough losses I had and never got frustrated at me for any of them. You did a great job season man, and I hope we stay in touch afterwards!

Prosaic - My boy TheYellowAce! You've been my homie since day one, and we've been close ever since. It sucks that you didn't get to play all that much because of school and stuff, but when you could play, you got some clutch wins, esp that game vs Kaiser XD

Shining Yin - I haven't really talked to you at all since you just came on to our team, but good luck this week! Let's take home the bronze!

SocialSocialSocial - You and all of your friends surprised the hell out of me with how good you all's battling and team building skills are in Dubs. I wasn't expecting much from the OM, but it's definitely gonna be a keeper for next year's MPL! You carried a huge amount of weight for our team bro, you won a ton of matches, and came in clutch for us the entire season. We didn't talk all that much, but you seemed pretty chill from the few times we did!

thetalkingtree - THIS MAN BEAT THE KINGLERS WITH A KINGLER. You will forever be a legend for that, and for what's coming this week ;)
We didn't talk all that much, but you seem like a really cool guy, and a great dubs player!

ThimoTheUltimateBOBO - I'm not gonna sugar coat it, this season was hell for you. You got the shit haxed out of you in basically every game you played. On top of that, you got permalocked and banned from MPL for a super shitty reason too. I know that this season was the opposite of what you wanted, but don't let it define you. And if you were being serious about leaving, I'll miss you a ton bro, and I hope we can keep in touch.

And for old time's sake...

MEMERS WE OUT HERE

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't do predictions all season,might as well do one for the finals!

ORAS1: Paleo v.s. Chras - Definitely one of the best ORAS players in the meta rn and has a lot more experience than Chras but I wouldn't hold it against Chras to pull an upset and win.Should be close
ORAS2: Arifeen v.s. rnbs - As Omega said, #BANGLADESHIPRIDE
BW: Raseri v.s. Articuno I - DoW has had a dip in form but honestly, if he plays like he played in the first part of the season, he should have this in the bag.
Monothreat: LemonJello88 v.s. dolphindude14 - Lemon is pretty creative with his sets but Dolph is crazy and with help from Ticken, he can catch lemon off guard with his own crazy creative sets.Should be close
AAA: Yaksok v.s. jeran - Better player. Should be close.
STABmons: Dak Prescott v.s. Betathunder - Dak PresGod
DOU: Croven v.s. Silverwhiteblue - It's been over 10 weeks already and I still have no clue about Doubles sry.
UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylacto - If Tylacto doesn't get lucky like usual,Knigkt should have this in the bag.

Also, both Arifeen and Raseri have made finals in both seasons,can we please somehow make them lose both times too?(Although my predictions have Kinglers destroying Diancies)

AAA: Yaksok v.s. Jeran

Disbelief Stop destroying final, it won't be the case.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Actually, we have all collectively agreed as a team that our name should be changed from the devious diancies. The new name that we propose is the "Roleplaying Shar-pedos" in honor of our manager. we hope this change takes effect immediately. Thank you
I still dont get why you find this funny -_-

ORAS1: Paleo v.s. Chras - Paleo is one of the best ORAS players rn and he should get this win.
ORAS2: Arifeen v.s. rnbs - Should be a close one but rnbs has been performing very well recently, so I'll give this one to him.
BW: Raseri v.s. Articuno I - Raseri hasn't been doing so well recently so I think dow should take this.
Monothreat: LemonJello88 v.s. dolphindude14 - If he can take a break from fucking his bitches long enough to battle, he should win.
AAA: Yaksok v.s. jeran - Yaksok has better monotype knowledge so I give him the edge in this one.
STABmons: Dak Prescott v.s. Betathunder - Both good but dak has been doing too well this season to bet against him.
DOU: Croven v.s. Silverwhiteblue - Could go either way but I'll just predict Croven.
UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylacto - Knigkt should have this though it will be close.

Btw Acast for the MPL awards you said Demonic Ferro finished 2-1 which is incorrect. He finished the qualifying rounds 3-1 and overall he went 4-1.

Last edited:
Just wanted to raise the point that there's a new Mono UU banlist for this month.

I don't mind which way it goes because the decision isn't mine, but I'd just like it to be clear if we're updating to the newer banlist for the finals or not.

e:After looking at the MPL awards form which I agree is a really nice idea, I hate to point this out because it's about myself but I'm currently 5-1 rather than 4-1.

Whilst the player records sheet was great and we can thank Ticken for keeping it up to date whilst it was, I think it tailed off slightly towards the end of the season and I presume that was the source of the mistake, maybe worth double checking the others but let me know if I can help :)

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Just wanted to raise the point that there's a new Mono UU banlist for this month.

I don't mind which way it goes because the decision isn't mine, but I'd just like it to be clear if we're updating to the newer banlist for the finals or not.

e:After looking at the MPL awards form which I agree is a really nice idea, I hate to point this out because it's about myself but I'm currently 5-1 rather than 4-1.

Whilst the player records sheet was great and we can thank Ticken for keeping it up to date whilst it was, I think it tailed off slightly towards the end of the season and I presume that was the source of the mistake, maybe worth double checking the others but let me know if I can help :)
We'll be using the new banlist to keep things up to date. Fírnen, I don't have a link to the new banlist. Could you post the changes here please? Also tagging Knigkt so he is aware.

I just went through the MPL records spreadsheet and yeah, you're right. It's not up to date, so I'll change your record to the correct one and later today I'll check all the others to make sure they're correct.

• Heracross is no longer allowed on Fighting (Usage)
  • Ferrothorn is allowed on Steel
  • Gengar is no longer allowed on Poison (Usage)
  • Chandelure is no longer allowed on Ghost (Usage)
  • Ditto and Diggersby are allowed on Normal
  • Zapdos and Rotom-W are unbanned by usage except the council decided to break the classic Electric core and so, Rotom-W keeps banned. (Only Zapdos unbanned to resume).
UU Banlist

Ok thanks :) Sorry I couldn't link the BL in my earlier posts as I went to link it now but see it's already resolved so sorry but thanks.

Whatever happens in the finals themselves, it's been a great and unique year of MPL.

ORAS1: Paleo v.s. Chras - Better player overall
ORAS2: Arifeen v.s. rnbs - Both good players, should be close
BW: Raseri v.s. Articuno I - Has more knowledge in Mono BW
Monothreat: LemonJello88 v.s. dolphindude14 - Overall better player, but this can change depending on who Ticken helps ;))
AAA: Yaksok v.s. jeran - :)
STABmons: Dak Prescott v.s. Betathunder - If you lose with my help, smh
DOU: Croven v.s. Silverwhiteblue - Overall the better player, hopefully you don't lose because of Double Edge this time :^]
UU: Knigkt v.s. Tylacto - Depends on how lucky Tylacto gets, or if Knigkt gets activitied.

Predictions are in!W/ my boy Wanka like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)