Monotype Monotype Seasonal Playoffs - Finals

OP stolen from other seasonal threads

Art by Zarif
Welcome to the Monotype Seasonal Playoffs! The top 16 players in the Monotype Seasonal Leaderboard, seen here, have qualified for a 16 man tournament to determine the 2017 Monotype Champion!

The spot for 16th seed is a tie by three users*, and this round will determine who gets to qualify for that spot. A player has to beat the other two in a best of three in order to qualify. The first one to beat both of them successively is qualified.

*Although Pak does not have enough points to qualify, a provision to the Seasonal scoring system by the former host granted him a tiebreaker spot at #16 for winning the Fall Seasonal

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard Sun Moon Monotype tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
  • Replays must be saved and posted when confirming your win/loss. If neither the winning nor losing party posts replays, the match will be coin-flipped regardless of confirmation of result from either party. This is to ensure that everyone is on an even playing field, and in general, access to a library of quality replays is a good tool to track the development on the metagame that will possibly be used to fuel several other resources.
  • In the case that a ban is made during the middle of a round, the metagame change(s) will not be taken into effect until the proceeding round begins.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:
Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.

Here are the confirmed players who have a spot in the playoffs with their seed rankings. The players with equal points had randomized seed number, as there were a lot of ties. Congratulations to all that qualified! Proof
1. 1 True Lycan
2. Sabella
3. Paleo
4. Wanka
5. Yaksok
6. Megazard
7. rnbs
8. Clearly
9. iLlama
10. Balto
11. Dominatio
12. MiyoKa
13. Lax
14. Eien
15. Waszap

Matchups

1. 1 True Lycan vs 16. Arifeen
2. Sabella vs 15. Waszap
3. Paleo vs 14. Eien
4. Wanka vs 13. Lax
5. Yaksok vs 12. Miyoka
6. Megazard vs 11. Dominatio
7. rnbs vs 10. Balto
8. Clearly vs 9. iLlama​

Round 2
1. 1 True Lycan vs (8. Clearly vs 9. iLlama)
15. Waszap vs 10. Balto
14. Eien vs 11. Dominatio
13. Lax vs 5. Yaksok

Deadline is Friday May 5 8 eastern
Good luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)