Monotype Monotype Spring Seasonals - Round 5 (Loser's only)

spring-seasonal-banner.png

Banner by Ticken
Welcome to the fifth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the first of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2020 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SS Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Losers Bracket

akaFila vs Havens
OGMB vs Fylkir Pudin [*DNP]
DYA vs LaPatateDouce
Bitana vs dahli
Toadow vs Koalacance
blinkboy vs Ssalbap
MetaRiolu7 vs Ticken
smub vs Xiri
Nexecutioner [*DNP] vs Teggun Burcs
Endal vs Harpp
Vodoom vs Vaboh
Kev vs Rukt
LuckyPiper [*DNP] vs SparksBlade
85percent vs Dragonflo
InfernoDragon vs kythr
Reyzark vs Yami [*DNP]

Deadline to complete extensions is February 13th, 11:59 pm GMT-4
Deadline to complete matches is February 16th, 11:59 pm GMT-4

Last edited by a moderator:
the first ssnls round that perish didn’t post and conveniently, the least rigged of the lot of them. Ngl I think there is something fishy going on

Losers Bracket

akaFila vs Havens - havens got beaten by the johning extraordinaire kaguya last week but I feel like he is good enough to win this here
OGMB vs Fylkir Pudin - man I’m still pissed off about my games last week so copperajah is coming back out and copperajah is continuing its 100% win rate in gen 8
DYA vs LaPatateDouce - dya is about to run over this sweet potato, 2 easy wins coming up for him
Bitana vs dahli - dahli lost to probably the best player still in winners last week, and I think is good enough to take this win here
Toadow vs Koalacance - most of his species was wiped out when the bushfires raged through his homelands this summer but survival of the fittest means that this koala is much stronger than the average. However, koalas are dumb animals and he’ll still probably lose
blinkboy vs Ssalbap - where the fuck is Kevin vs Kevin???????? Ssalbap won’t lose until he gets that matchup again
MetaRiolu7 vs Ticken - mr7 is the goat, ticken is breeding some sick copperajahs right now, I really can’t pick between the two
smub vs Xiri - hard to see either of these two losing this early tbh, I guess I’d back xiri seeing as they don’t lose any other tour
Nexecutioner vs Teggun Burcs - the supreme leader was having absolutely none of tegguns shit about calling act, I would suggest actually scheduling this week tbh. Nex should take this one though
Endal vs Harpp - this’ll be a tough week for endal, has to play abr In ost, and now harpp in this. And that’s not even mentioning the fact that he has to deal with scheduling with magma in the prestigious rigged tour, stuff of nightmares imo
Vodoom vs Vaboh - righto vodoom I’ll back you this time
Kev vs Rukt - Kev won’t lose this, I expect perish to be back next week and hopefully rig both Kevin’s to play each other, it’s what the people want
LuckyPiper vs SparksBlade - 3:
85percent vs Dragonflo - I still havent figured out what 85% is referencing, I’m assuming it means he’s going to only bring 5 mons this week so I’ll back the other guy
InfernoDragon vs kythr - Look I’m going to be honest I don’t really know why the inferno is on front of dragon here, like don’t most dragons breathe fire anyway? Anyway kythr to win
Reyzark vs Yami - Rey has drawn the short straw here, someone had to I guess, if they manage to play I think he will win

PokeHome is out, and probably hitting Showdown soon. New PokeHome content is not allowed in this round. Do not use newly released Pokemon or expanded movesets or that game will be considered forfeit.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
You lost act in both cases. Good luck in future tournaments!
Well since you were SO offended by my previous post, would you kindly explain to me:
  1. Why you decided to make an activity call when neither player had set a time, and there was no evidence of one player being entirely unavailable in the suggested days? Neither my opponent nor me claim to have properly looked for each other, and there is no proof of it either, so what made you believe that my opponent deserved to win on activity. An activity post without a base to it is pointless, as I'm sure you'll be aware since you've been here around twice as long as me, and have probably hosted twice as many tours as well
  2. Why did you decide to call an activity on my game from this round, without responding to my query about the last round over a week ago? You didn't give any clarification there, and you've failed to provide that now as well. Instead, you've only given a cheeky response that simply is useless here.
I simply want clarification on a case that you've decided to avoid twice for 2 weeks now, while having enough time to have given an actual response. If you believe there's something I'm overlooking here, do enlighten me, because that's all I've been asking of you. If nothing, I'll learn something from someone with the twice the experience as me about scheduling properly.

Well since you were SO offended by my previous post, would you kindly explain to me:
  1. Why you decided to make an activity call when neither player had set a time, and there was no evidence of one player being entirely unavailable in the suggested days? Neither my opponent nor me claim to have properly looked for each other, and there is no proof of it either, so what made you believe that my opponent deserved to win on activity. An activity post without a base to it is pointless, as I'm sure you'll be aware since you've been here around twice as long as me, and have probably hosted twice as many tours as well
  2. Why did you decide to call an activity on my game from this round, without responding to my query about the last round over a week ago? You didn't give any clarification there, and you've failed to provide that now as well. Instead, you've only given a cheeky response that simply is useless here.
I simply want clarification on a case that you've decided to avoid twice for 2 weeks now, while having enough time to have given an actual response. If you believe there's something I'm overlooking here, do enlighten me, because that's all I've been asking of you. If nothing, I'll learn something from someone with the twice the experience as me about scheduling properly.
Genuinely thought you were joking when you claimed you deserved a coin flip after you said yourself that you forgot about the tour and your opponent had promptly posted twice in the thread that you missed the time LOL
1. You and your opponent scheduled for noon time MST on Saturday with Sunday as a back up. On Saturday, 30 minutes after noon time MST, your opponent posted in the thread saying you were missing but he would find you on Sunday. On Sunday, 30 minutes after noon time MST, your opponent posted in the thread again saying you missed a second time. On both days, I was able to confirm that he was online on PS before he made his act post. He attempted to find you on two days and failed, whereas all I had (at the time) was nothing at all from you. Of course, now I know you did just forget about the tour, so I see no reason you deserved a coin flip.
2. You lost round 4, and in round 5, you chose not to respond to your opponent. Therefore, you lost round 5. Pretty simple. Are you surprised that when you don’t respond to your opponent for an entire week that you lose to activity?

Because I couldn’t tell you genuinely thought you had a coin flip in a round you forgot about, I strongly suggest not forgetting about tournaments and responding to your opponents if your intent is to win.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Genuinely thought you were joking when you claimed you deserved a coin flip after you said yourself that you forgot about the tour and your opponent had promptly posted twice in the thread that you missed the time LOL
1. You and your opponent scheduled for noon time MST on Saturday with Sunday as a back up. On Saturday, 30 minutes after noon time MST, your opponent posted in the thread saying you were missing but he would find you on Sunday. On Sunday, 30 minutes after noon time MST, your opponent posted in the thread again saying you missed a second time. On both days, I was able to confirm that he was online on PS before he made his act post. He attempted to find you on two days and failed, whereas all I had (at the time) was nothing at all from you. Of course, now I know you did just forget about the tour, so I see no reason you deserved a coin flip.
2. You lost round 4, and in round 5, you chose not to respond to your opponent. Therefore, you lost round 5. Pretty simple. Are you surprised that when you don’t respond to your opponent for an entire week that you lose to activity?

Because I couldn’t tell you genuinely thought you had a coin flip in a round you forgot about, I strongly suggest not forgetting about tournaments and responding to your opponents if your intent is to win.
1. I was on smogtours on both days, there was no vm to inform me about the Sunday time, or even about the act call, so his attempt at finding me was half-hearted.
2. I would've responded to my opponent if you ever responded to me, because I wanted a clarification. Nothing in my earlier post suggested jest or jokes so you just assumed and chose not to reply to me. Maybe you get meme posts in your tours questioning an act win all the time which is why you believed my post was one of those? I don't know I still see no explanation from you for not replying.

Thank you for the kind advice, I'll keep it in mind specifically when I'm playing in any of your tours in the future since I now know it's difficult to explain to you when a question is not a joke, and thus I shouldn't expect a timely reply.

Thank you for hosting this tour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)