Other [Monotype] Stun's Offensive Poison Team

Eyyyyyy, this is your Uncle Stunny again, and I'm here to submit a team I've been working on for a little while now. I noticed there were no Poison sample teams submitted yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and make one. The overall goal was to make a team with my all time favorite mega, Beedrill! Yes, the opportunity cost is very high for losing Mega Venusaur, but I really wanted to take on that challenge, and I think I did alright. Just a little disclaimer, I am not a professional poison user, I basically built this with basic teambuilding skills, and tweaked things as I battled with it/tested it more. Here is the teambuilding process:

So, I knew I wanted to make the team revolving around Beedrill, For a long time I've been wanting to make a successful team with him as the star player. The pros are, he's extremely fast. So fast, he can even outpace base 80 scarfers! It also has an amazing ability in the form of Adaptability, which boost his STABS to basically double their normal damage output. The cons are, he is often hard walled by common mons in the metagame, and he has the worst defense stat in existence. So when I started teambuilding, those were things I kept in mind.

The main thing I wanted to deal with first was the fact that Beedrill is very frail, and without Venusaur, I lose a lot of bulk. Every time I've attempted to build, I always included Golbat to solve that problem. With eviolite, it's extremely bulky, it can deal with Beedrill's weakness to hazards, and Haze is a really great tool to have so I can stop boosting sweepers from pummelling the rest of the team. A lot of people underestimate this little guy, I don't know why tbh, but it's so good, I couldn't turn it down.

The next thing I wanted to tackle was the fact that Beedrill gets hardwalled quite a bit, especially by steel mons. You could argue Nidoking would be the perfect solution, but I wanted to save him to cover another problem. So I ended up deciding on Dragalge. 2nd mon on the team that abuses the living heck out of Adaptability. With Choice Specs, this thing gives you nightmares, so I decided to pop them on for it to be a premier wallbreaker. It also helped with the fact that Fire can sweep the team, especially Mega Charizard Y whose now more popular with Mega Charizard X's ban from the tier. That being said, Dragalge was a great solution.

The team, despite Beedrill being able to easily sweep it, had a weakness to psychic, like with all poison teams. I had no switch into psychic type attacks, as everyone was weak to them. A dark type is a must on every poison team, and I decided on Drapion. I didn't want Dragalge to be my only wallbreaker, and for walls like Porygon2, a banded knock off to the face makes them a lot easier to deal with. Drapion is also a really nice pursuit trapper, so when you predict the switch out, smack them right into the face. This and Beedrill alone gives psychic teams a run for their money.

The team so far is looking great, most Poison teams are played usually balanced or defensive, and I really like the fact that this is a more offensive approach. This is personally a playstyle that I like to use the most. The 5th mon I decided to add was Amoongus. Why? Because 1, as amazingly awesome as Golbat is, it can wall everything alone, and 2, Spore and Stun Spore. Dual Status benefits the team a lot, as it easily hinders a lot of threats, so they're much easier to deal with. Since most of my attackers are fairly slow, this is pretty beneficial. Regenerator is an amazing ability, in that it keeps Amoongus's health up at all times, so you don't always need a recovery move necessarily. So it lasts a while, and as a primarily defensive wall, it does it's job pretty well.

The last mon I decided on was Nidoking. Your probably scratching your heads right now wondering why I didn't make this my primary wallbreaker instead of Dragalge. Here's why: The team desperately needed speed. I also wanted a way to deal with Lando I, Mega Garchomp, and Volcarona, who are all very common in the current metagame. Not many people run scarf Nidoking, and I really don't know why because especially the 1st 2 treats I mentioned, they can completely obliterate Poison teams. It annoyed me that I had no way to deal with them, that, and I wanted a way to sweep Ground, Flying, Bug, you name it. Nidoking has astounding coverage, so I thought it would be the perfect candidate for the task. He basically rounds the team out, and when Beedrill can't be switched in to sweep, Nidoking usually can. Very reliable sweeper overall. He concludes my team.

Beeyonce (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect / Fell Stinger / Drill Run
- Knock Off / Drill Run

This my friends, is the reason why I even bothered trying poison in the first place. He is my all time favourite mega, and for a while I've been trying my hardest to include him on a team of mine. Anyways, Evs are very straight foward, I wanted him to outspeed scarfed threats like Gardevoir, Togekiss, Hoopa-U, ect. Poison Jab boosted by Adaptability is your primary STAB attack, U Turn is your secondary, and helps you keep momentum. Protect would be for a safe mega evolution since it starts out at a pretty crappy speed tier, and to scout movesets and ect. Fell Stinger, your probably asking "What the hell is that Uncle Stunny?" Well, I played around with it a little bit for fun, and it's a pretty cool concept. If you use it to kill a mon, it gives you basically a free +2 attack boost, making Mega Beedrill that much more dangerous. Plus, i's STABdaptability boosted, so if you get your opponet down low enough, it can be well worth it. The last slot is between Knock off and Drill Run. You can honestly go either way. Knock Off would be for fast Ghost types like Gengar, or Chandelure, that would otherwise give it problems without it. But, Drill Run prevents you from getting hard walled by Heatran, and is overall decent coverage when your sweeping, I personally like Knock Off, because it's a little stronger, and can take out the 2 mons I mentioned before. There you have it, Beedrill in a Nut Shell.

Shrooms (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain / Synthesis
- Foul Play

Good ol Amoongus, aka the Mega Venusaur knock off. Mega Venusaur outclasses this guy in every single way known to man, except for Spore, Stun Spore, and Regenerator. Amoongus is meant to hinder threats to support the rest of the team for a sweep. Usually when someone is asleep, they're less likely to stay in and waste their time, so it's pretty fun to Stun Spore on the switch. Giga Drain is just a basic STAB, nice for dealing with Keldeo, Gastro/Seismi, and other ground types, but if you think Regenerator alone can't keep your health up for as long as you need it, Synthesis is always a viable option. Foul play is just a way to deal some consistent damage, and anyone who physically boosts against it hard. Amoongus is sorta the "tape" of the team, patches things up for a bit to make your situations easier.

Drag Queen (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Oh boy, the Dragon herself. This thing is an astounding wallbreaker, specs STABdaptability Draco Meteor will pretty much 2KO anything not fairy type. Sludge Wave is a great secondary STAB if you want to hit hard, and not risk the special attack drop. Dragon Pulse is nice in that it's a STAB with no risks, like Sludge Wave, and consistently hits hard. For things that resist it's poison attack, and you really don't want to Draco, Dragon Pulse is pretty handy. However, if Skarmory and water mons aren't making things easy for you, Thunderbolt is an aye ok coverage attack. Focus Blast is to hit bulky steel mons, Yea, it isn't boosted with anything fancy, but it does it's job good enough.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus / Infiltrator
EVs: 236 HP / 44 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Haze / Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

God damn it not another Golbat! You wonder why nobody likes them, because they're in every cave, like, ever. Not to worry though, Golbat is a very reliable mixed wall. Sure, you can argue that Tentacreul can be in place of it, since the team has a bit of an Ice Weakness, and it has no form of hazards, but I didn't like the fact it had no reliable recovery, and 4 moveslot syndrome was very annoying. Anywho, Brave Bird is your main STAB, which actually can hit harder than you'd first expect. It does a great job at dealing with Bug mons, and the all evil and powerful Mega Venusar (so long as it ain't these pimps who run physically defensive). Haze is the team's way to stop boosting sweepers, but Toxic is a nice option along with Infiltrator, so you can Status things while they're in SUb, but, I like Inner Focus just for flinching, and Togekiss, because they're very annoying. Defog keeps hazards off of the field, and this makes it the team's hazard control. Roost is just for Recovery, nice when your faster, and you see an Ice Beam or electric attack coming.

Nigel (Nidoking) @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature / Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide / Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave

My Team's secondary sweeper. This is what helps me sweep, Ground, Flying, Bug, and check Zard Y (when I want to save Dragalge's health) and Volcarona. You honestly could go life orb if you wanted, but, I really wanted the speed more. Earth Power is your only STAB, but even without Life Orb, with Sheer Force it hits like a truck. Flamethrower and Ice Beam are your amazing coverage attacks, helps you sweep the stuff above, and Rock Slide is just for my Fire Frens who think they're safe from Earth Power...for now. As Amoongus is the "Tape," Nidoking is the "Glue" since it sorta brings everything together, and rounds out coverage.

Drap Rape (Drapion) @ Choice Band / Assault Vest
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Cross Poison / Poison Jab
- Pursuit / Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Rock Slide

Look out everyone, it's the Boogy Man! The reason I chose this over Skuntank is for specifically Knock Off, and a Knock Off that hits hard. For the item, I prefer choice band, since it boosts it's subpar attack to usable levels, but if you want some additional bulk, Assault Vest is a highly viable option. Knock Off is your main STAB, and helps me deal with the normal crew, and other mons who abuse their items way too much (cough ghostly tree man). Cross Poison is your secondary STAB, I use that over Poison Jab just because I can potentially abuse Sniper a bit. But if you really don't give 2 shits whether you get a crit or not, by all means Poison Jab is there. Pursuit is just for Pursuit trapping, namely psychic mons. So when they feel like they can switch out safely without any harm, BOOP! Earthquake is just for coverage, tbh more of a filler if anything, but, if you don't want Volcarona to be all on Nidoking, Rock Slide is also a good option. Nice to have if they're already boosted, because even without Assault Vest, it is normally bulky enough to take a hit.

Threats......Oh Boy here we go.

Mega Garchomp and Landorus-I These guys bulldoze (puns!) any Poison Team with ease. This is exactly why I have Nidoking. Him and Amoongus can get the job done, and have a chance to keep them in check.

Cloyster Slaps the team upside the head. Since this team doesn't run hazards, or tentacreul, you may as well click x, unless your opponent is half-brained.

Charizard Y and Volcarona Blow Torch anyone? a Combination of Golbat, Dragalge, and Nidoking (or Drapion) can handle them. Just be careful and make sure Volc doesn't get passed +1.

Manaphy Breaks every core in the game. If you can get Golbat to go into a predicting game with it, you'll be alright.

Skarmory Ferrothorn and Heatran This defensive core is annoying. All I can say is, try and out predict your opponent. Make some overpredicts with little cost, or have Amoongus disable them enough to render them useless.

On the top of my head those are the major ones you should worry about, if I'm missing any remind me and I'll add them.

Hey thanks for checking out my team! I'm fairly novice to poison, but I think I did a good job. The reason I posted this was to get some suggestions and feedback, because this was something on my bucket list for a while now, however if this get accepted as a sample team, hey that's pretty awesome. Seriously though, post your thoughts, I'll read them and consider trying them! :)

Here's a couple replays showing off the team:
Vs Fairy (Still Showcases the team nicely)
Vs Poison
Vs Bug (Shows off the Defensive Core)
More Replays Soon

scpinion for president :x

Beeyonce (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect
- Knock Off

Shrooms (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Drag Queen (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 236 HP / 44 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Haze
- Defog
- Roost

Nigel (Nidoking) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Drap Rape (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man this is a pretty cool team you've got here, but I have some suggestions to make it better (add rocks).

I'd suggest switching around the Nidoking set to include Stealth Rock, as well as having moves to take on Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Heatran a bit better.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt

After this, I have a solution to take on the rest of the threats... AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA Scarf Toxicroak. I would put this in place of Dragalge since Nidoking is already a solid special Wallbreaker.

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

Ice Punch can hit the Pesky Landorus-I and Garcomp, while Gunk Shot and Drain Punch are solid STAB moves. Rock Slide is a great answer to Charizard and Volcarona, if you prevent either from getting a Speed boost. Dry Skin allows you to take on Manaphy, barring the Psychic set, as well as some Cloyster sets.

Hey man this is a pretty cool team you've got here, but I have some suggestions to make it better (add rocks).

I'd suggest switching around the Nidoking set to include Stealth Rock, as well as having moves to take on Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Heatran a bit better.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt

After this, I have a solution to take on the rest of the threats... AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA Scarf Toxicroak. I would put this in place of Dragalge since Nidoking is already a solid special Wallbreaker.

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

Ice Punch can hit the Pesky Landorus-I and Garcomp, while Gunk Shot and Drain Punch are solid STAB moves. Rock Slide is a great answer to Charizard and Volcarona, if you prevent either from getting a Speed boost. Dry Skin allows you to take on Manaphy, barring the Psychic set, as well as some Cloyster sets.
TBH I really like those ideas. On Nidoking, Flamethrower's gonna be a must, and same for Ice Beam, otherwise, I can probably try that. Toxicroak, ok, you got me here, I'm pretty tempted to try it out. Thanks a bunch :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)