Monotype Monotype Summer Seasonal Round 2

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

art by Ticken
Welcome to the fourth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! Don't be mistaken by the tournaments name; although this is technically the third summer tournament, this is the second of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2019 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.​

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Winners Bracket
Lady Salamence vs Pawwz
EricSaysHi vs Mr. Abby
ArkenCiel vs yovan33321
GotCookies vs Dandy Highwayman
RealShady vs trace
Asziran vs Bitana
TSR vs Splashbrutha
maroon vs Ryan37
zugubu royale vs RAP Yogurt
Vodoom vs Dababy
double switches vs Thiago Nunes
Jahkem vs nui
Nexecutioner vs terrors
Oberyn vs gum
Xiri vs SirSkit
Decem vs Balto
Bluxio vs Harpp
I am bu vs Ernestofp13
dahli vs Perish Song
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Mack Knife
roman vs TJ
Arzcher vs Arifeen
Zesty43 vs 1 True Lycan
Sificon vs squinn
Poison Adhesive vs Endal
Pixel Pusher vs SparksBlade
Koper2017 vs Wincon
Ieki vs DBW
Tectonic Rage vs -RDKB-
SoapInMyEyes vs Ice Tray
Days for Dabs vs Eien
Excaravane vs fourmi

Losers Bracket
The Kyle vs Hyero
byronthewellwell vs Chaitanya
Cam vs MetaRiolu7
Ssalbap vs Drakus04
Aparctias vs lyd
Felines vs Brisked
average fella vs RaJ.Shoot
Bouki vs Kaguya Lys
Kev vs jadontombs
Mateeus_1 vs Yoninho10
Attribute vs neomon
Mr. Miner vs ssunbae
So Noisy vs damflame 3
Supra-Airmure vs Htaras
King Billu vs Namranan
S poi re vs The Consort
7shoes vs Jeffis
saba1111 vs polo_07
Thundaaaaa vs Yami
memomiguel vs mvge
K3ppr vs Mael3325
luckypiper vs Moosical
JLK 17 vs Royal1604
A Random Rift vs Velvet Blood
LaPatateDouce vs Vario 64
Acey - Danse Macabre vs Ronman5
DugZa vs egalvanc
Cognitohazard vs Brumirage
TioDragonite vs Gorfield
majority vs iKiQ
Light 2.2 vs Havens
Marine silver vs thomas888

Please let know if there's any mistakes so I get them fixed ASAP
Deadline to ask for an extension is Thursday May 16th at 11:59 PM gmt -4
Deadline to complete matches is Sunday May 19th at 11:59 GMT -4

Last edited:
Back again with the r2 predictions, gonna have to say that the winners bracket got some spicy ass mu's that were hard for me to choose and could've gone either way. Almost 80% of my predictions from last round were on point so I decided to bring them back this round. Same ideals as last time, unless ur name is maroon or wincon then my comments are not supposed to be taken seriously, just banter to get the week going. Even you Eien.
GL to everyone this round!

Winners Bracket
Lady Salamence vs Pawwz - I still don't know who lady mence is
EricSaysHi vs Mr. Abby - If you can beat Chait, you can cruise pass eric :shades:
ArkenCiel vs yovan33321 - Arken got a free r2.
GotCookies vs Dandy Highwayman - Beat Magma R1, gonna beat dandy r2. #ripzoopals
RealShady vs trace - I don't know my opp send help
Asziran vs Bitana - Unfort for aszi, i already called bit winning this tour so I gotta predict that he'd win this one.
TSR vs Splashbrutha
maroon vs Ryan37 - exca has lost to a kanto only team in ou, i can't really expect anything special here.
zugubu royale vs RAP Yogurt - gotta stand with zugu on this one, the older generation of players are better than most of the new guys.
Vodoom vs Dababy - I fuck with dababy a lot, but this is vodoom... phoenix gang. #forzap
double switches vs Thiago Nunes - idk his opp.
Jahkem vs nui - I called ghost last round, he's bringing poison this series.
Nexecutioner vs terrors - I believe these 2 can beat each other.
Oberyn vs gum
Xiri vs SirSkit - Sorry snow flake jiniri, SIR skit is just too proper to lose here.
Decem vs Balto - Father vs Son, let's see who chokes this shit.
Bluxio vs Harpp - Harpp is in my top 5 for players in this gen for mono, so Blux got unlucky drawing him. I wish the best for him.
I am bu vs Ernestofp13 - My boy bu gonna smash this.
dahli vs Perish Song - Leaning towards peachyclouds, but I know PS isn't bad at mons, depends on what they use tbh.
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Mack Knife
roman vs TJ - lil tjay got this in the bag.
Arzcher vs Arifeen
Zesty43 vs 1 True Lycan
Sificon vs squinn
Poison Adhesive vs Endal - PA's adventure through this seasonal doesnt end here. All jokes aside, this will be a good series.
Pixel Pusher vs SparksBlade
Koper2017 vs Wincon - i will always bet against losecon.
Ieki vs DBW
Tectonic Rage vs -RDKB-
SoapInMyEyes vs Ice Tray
Days for Dabs vs Eien - The TL managed to rig pull an easy win for this round, I don't believe anyone from rogue nation can pass r5 in a seasonal. #shade
Excaravane vs fourmi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jumping into the losers bracket, we have a lot of people I don't know because they're either new or I'm old so forgive me if my predictions skills are lacking here.

Losers Bracket
The Kyle vs Hyero
byronthewellwell vs Chaitanya
Cam vs MetaRiolu7 - HL match of losers for sure.
Ssalbap vs Drakus04
Aparctias vs lyd
Felines vs Brisked - iFlying got this
average fella vs RaJ.Shoot
Bouki vs Kaguya Lys
Kev
vs jadontombs
Mateeus_1 vs Yoninho10 - kinda weird to see mat here, he's got this though, my dark horse.
Attribute vs neomon
Mr. Miner vs ssunbae
So Noisy vs damflame 3
Supra-Airmure vs Htaras
King Billu
vs Namranan
S poi re vs The Consort
7shoes vs Jeffis
saba1111 vs polo_07
Thundaaaaa vs Yami - Don't worry, magma will lose next round.
memomiguel vs mvge
K3ppr vs Mael3325 -
luckypiper vs Moosical - If you use torkoal, you'd win more
JLK 17 vs Royal1604
A Random Rift vs Velvet Blood
LaPatateDouce vs Vario 64
Acey - Danse Macabre vs Ronman5
DugZa
vs egalvanc
Cognitohazard vs Brumirage
TioDragonite vs Gorfield
majority vs iKiQ
Light 2.2 vs Havens
Marine silver vs thomas888

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)