Monotype Monotype Summer Seasonal - Round 4

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Banner by Ticken

Spreadsheet

Welcome to the fifth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the second of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2020 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SS Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

REPLAYS NEED TO BE TRACEABLE, THEREFORE EITHER HAVE THEM PUBLIC OR POST THEM IF THEY'RE PRIVATE. IN ADDITION IF YOU WANT YOUR REPLAY TO BE PRIVATE, PLEASE USE /HIDEREPLAY INSTEAD OF /IONEXT TO MAKE TICKEN'S LIFE EASIER.

Winners

dahli  vs  tier
Fírnen  vs  kythr
maroon  vs  Bouff
1 True Lycan  vs  yedla
Splash  vs  Perish Song
K3ppr  vsDugZa
Emre Mor 9  vs  SiceXV
Askov  vs  Ticken
TheUprising007  vs  Tico 21 [*DNP]
Pawwz  vs  Floss
Dflo  vs  Averardo
l'habitat  vs  le LLiolae
Ferno  vs  The Thunderbirds
Namranan  vs  zugubu royale
Zukushiku  vs  Nowh
Prof.Otaku vs bye (Typhlosion48 dropped out)

Losers

Derpeddeath  vs  Nailec
Xylia  vs  Conflux
Insector84  vs  Dieu Amphibien
Ronman5  vs  RahelGamer03
Harpp  vs  MetaRiolu7
Riku Sakuraba  vs  Astrologistic style
Maskun  vs  ikiarihS
ryyjyywyy [*DNP]  vs  Nalorium
Kipkluif  vs  Xiri
smub  vs  Crashy
giove97  vs  martha
Ssalbap  vs  Koalacance
XSTATIC COLD  vs  Brumirage
Chaitanya  vs  Vodoom
Zap  vs  Decem
Bondie vs  Confide

Deadline to complete extensions is May 20th, 11:59pm EDT
Deadline to complete matches is May 25th, 11:59pm EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Winners
dahli  vs  tier - i will not back against peachy in a serious game of mons
Fírnen  vs  kythr - tough gig playing both frnen and dugza in one round but i think he will pull through here, should be some really good games though
maroon  vs  Bouff - damn i just watched maroon slaughter someone in a room tour by winning like 8 50/50s how could he possibly lose
1 True Lycan  vs  yedla - im not sure if lycan has ever played gen 8 mono but hes good at mons so
Splash  vs  Perish Song - its hard to argue with last seasonals finalist but perish can pull off the upset here
K3ppr  vs  DugZa - damn starblim down, absolute scenes
Emre Mor 9  vs  SiceXV - i know nothing about either of these 2 players bit i do know that one of them will win
Askov  vs  Ticken - damn im playing a threat game rn i wish ticken was here to see it
TheUprising007  vs  Tico 21 - damn the uprising keeps on winning but id back tico here
Pawwz  vs  Floss - hopefully a good game but floss is going to cteam the absolute shit out of pawwz and bring some atrocious shit that should never see the light of day and win it here fuck you and every shit set you stand for
Dflo  vs  Averardo - avocado is not losing this
l'habitat  vs  le LLiolae - im assuming both of these two are french, ik one of them is good at ou not much else
Ferno  vs  The Thunderbirds - happened also why tf does gauth hate ferno so much wtf
Namranan  vs  zugubu royale - oh zugu what have you done? well at least you cant get locked again L. also if hes permad can he even play tours how does this even work i have no fucking idea
Zukushiku  vs  Nowh - yes i know lots about this mu trust me
Prof.Otaku vs bye (Typhlosion48 dropped out) - damn this will be a difficult one

Losers

Derpeddeath  vs  Nailec - yeah nailec is winning this
Xylia  vs  Conflux - flux should win this cynth might give him a good run for it though
Insector84  vs  Dieu Amphibien - i still dont know who insector84 is, although i just watched dieu lose with raj and tbh i am very disappointed pls do better this time
Ronman5  vs  RahelGamer03 - so 2 questions here. 1stly i never got the answer as to what happened to the first 4 ronmans pls tell me. and also did people seriously take rahelgamer01 and rahelgamer02? or is that just a number you liked? pls answer its important
Harpp  vs  MetaRiolu7 - should be a hl match tbh but i can see mr7 taking this
Riku Sakuraba  vs  Astrologistic style - riku will not lose here the man is a god
Maskun  vs  ikiarihS - done
ryyjyywyy  vs  Nalorium - oml ryyjyywyy is still in this tour using my goat teams what a legend he for sure cannot lose here
Kipkluif  vs  Xiri - every time i say that xiri doesnt lose in tours he loses which is unfortunate, anyway i still think hes winning here
smub  vs  Crashy - did you guys see them leave crashy out of the favourite drivers poll earlier???? wtf its actually a disgrace
giove97  vs  martha - i think martha is probably better idk
Ssalbap  vs  Koalacance - i dont think ive ever seen ssalbap play anyone who isnt french its insane but he is getting passed some fire from the inferno so really does his opp have a chance
XSTATIC COLD  vs  [Winner of m rodrigues vs Brumirage] - i would back brumirage to win both games here
Chaitanya  vs  Vodoom - damn vod really is the goat at cflips, chait wont let that happen though LOL and if they do play id back him to win anyway
Zap  vs  Decem - oml tier leader showdown the loser is for sure getting demoted trust me im actually mono staff and tbh ive never actually seen zap win a game of mons so decem is taking this for sure
[Winner of Bondie  vs LePanaisFrançais] vs  Confide - how tf did bondie and french breadstick need an extension arent they literally like an hour apart??? any way fucking bring scrafty this time jesus fucking christ how hard is it

Lets roast this fool
Ice vs. Fire https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1117771214. Its amazing how little damage overheat does apparently to a Piloswine with thick fat and eviolite. bitch took that hit like a mack also rip my opponent for somehow losing this
Dragon vs. Water https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1117774451 apparently no I did not have 4 defense to live that SS ice shard
Dragon vs. Fire https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1117777366 we both go "Fuck it lets use the teams that we lost to each other using and put them against each other.... end result was W for me.

Anyways to sum this up ICE BEATS FIRE FUCK YEAH

This overexaggeration of Ronman5 has been brought to you by Quarantine and Mountain Dew.... Do the fricking Dew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)