big boy diamonds
Banner by Ticken
Welcome to the sixth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the second of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2021 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.
- This is a standard SS Monotype tournament
- This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
- Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
- Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
REPLAYS NEED TO BE TRACEABLE. IF THEY'RE PRIVATE YOU MUST POST THEM, IF THEY'RE PUBLIC YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
Aberforth vs TheGreenRoman
iNoLife vs piyush master
jonfilch [*DNP] vs Derpeddeath
Alpha Rabbit vs Curly Brace
bea vs Surfy
Hyperspace12 vs Flinchkiss
Manan999 vs Dr. Elite
Starfox. vs Staxi
Midnight Fredrick vs Shiba [*DNP]
Osake vs martinvtran
Chaitanya vs giove97
DraKeyTT vs Trichotomy
Punset vs ldhoward
YouSlakingBro1 [*DNP] vs Gray
King Billu vs TeamCharm
Mr. Miner [*DNP] vs MatLaTomate
Toadow [*DNP] vs SirSkit
maroon vs Perish Song
bulufan14 vs PrinceOfAllTacos [*DNP]
tlenit vs smub
Keahi vs Splash
Ta9967 vs Miss Novelist [*DNP]
Bekaray vs Fylkir Pudin
airfare vs Dieu Amphibien
DreamPrince vs ok cool omg [*DNP]
lotiasite vs Nael222
Rex Slayer vs pas_touchao
Kev vs Maskun
Ara vs The gaming attack
Thiago Nunes vs LoSconosciuto
Ida vs prodigyash
ironwater vs TheArchitect_
Deadline to complete extension is May 27th, 11:59 PM EST
Deadline to complete matches is May 30th, 11:59 PM EST
Last edited by a moderator: