Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
Banner by Zarif
Welcome to the Monotype Seasonals! This tournament is the second tournament of the Season! Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Monotype leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion! There may also be other prizes in store, which are still being discussed.
- This is a standard Monotype tournament
- This tournament will be Double Elimination
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! main or SmogTours (matches played on other servers will not count!)
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
- Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Spe and other stats simultaneously
- Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
- Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Endal vs Waszap
megaqwer:D vs juleocesar [*DNP]
vakatalesau vs terrors
scpinion vs Melle2402
Clearly vs Dece1t
i'm sora vs Yaksok
Arifeen vs The-Vale
Zyo vs czim
TheTacoMan vs DoW [*DNP]
jiggle vs Misaka Mikoto
Zarif vs The Excadrill
failsohard vs dawnmidst [*DNP]
Velvet Blood vs Haund
SubMindRaikou vs zugubu royale
Lorda Floterchai vs Confluxx
Winner's Bracket Deadline is Tuesday September 6th 9am EST
Loser's Bracket Deadline is Tuesday August 30th 9am EST
Please get the "winner of" matchups done ASAP.