Monotype Tournament IV [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this 2-page conversation between Metal Sonic and me should hopefully prove, Metal Sonic is either lying or making an honest mistake, but at the end of the day simply not telling the truth

http://www.smogon.com/forums/converse.php?u=158673&u2=111585

Metal Sonic was the first to make contact, granted, giving his time zone. I in turn proposed a day, never got a reply, and later proposed what hours during that day I would be available, and again never got a reply until that day was over. That reply being Metal Sonic asking me what my "timinga" was, whatever that may be. Metal Sonic then gave me details on his own availability, and I in turn proposed a specific time within his availability, SATURDAY around 13.00/13.30, GMT+1, as the conversation clearly shows. I was online around that time, sending VM's to Metal Sonic to inform him of that, Metal Sonic wasn't. I left my computer around 14.15, 15 minutes after Metal Sonic said he would be available, to do other things, and to my surprise when I got home I had a VM of Metal Sonic asking me where I was. I said I was away by that time, which I think I had every right to given his VM was send well after the time we would meet up. Upon telling him I was away by that time Metal Sonic replied saying that basically he found it odd I was away because 3 o clock in the afternoon "should" be "very very convenient" for me. What is convenient for me and what isnt is my business, and outside appointed times, after waiting for my opponent for over an hour, I have every right to leave my computer and do other things I think.

Anyway, to my surprise I logged on to my computer just now and see that Metal Sonic was waiting for me around 13.30 o clock GMT+1 on SUNDAY. This is, as our VM conversation shows, NEVER agreed on, I did NOT John, Metal Sonic did that, on Saturday.

Given the deadline is still a fair distance away, I feel confident we can make this work. If not though, I feel I deserve the activity win because Metal Sonic has been very uncooperative in replying to time slots I propose, one even being within a wider time range he proposed earlier, and he has been accusing me of things that are outright untrue, be it intentional or not.

Well, I've been here all the afternoon and evening, but I didn't see Kennen.

I know I've been less active these days because I had exams, but we said that we would play today and I didn't see him :s

Activity post

EDIT: Ok, Kennen hasn't appeared yet. I must go to bed

Kennen

dont you worry child
Well, I've been here all the afternoon and evening, but I didn't see Kennen.

I know I've been less active these days because I had exams, but we said that we would play today and I didn't see him :s

Activity post

EDIT: Ok, Kennen hasn't appeared yet. I must go to bed
Maybe we can get this done in the week, but I can't be here before 10:00 pm in your country.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
totes. give us an extension

i request that madbull be online every day at 1300 to 1400 every day where possible so that I can meet him at my time ASAP

totes. give us an extension

i request that madbull be online every day at 1300 to 1400 every day where possible so that I can meet him at my time ASAP
I already have you an extension. And why should MadBull be online everyday at YOUR convenience? The whole point is to find a time convenient for both of you! If you have very different time zones, and in one way or another someone will be inconvenienced, that's fine, but you can't force him to be online everyday on the off chance that you might actually bother to get your match done.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Anno nyme won

I need to play OU more :P

When I read metal sonic's post I was about to say what espeon said.
I know I'm not in their match but I think it would be fairer if mad bull gets the win if they don't get the match done in time. Maybe then metal sonic will actually try a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)