banner by Ticken

Week 3
Rules
Replay Thread
Records Spreadsheet

po town pandas.png
vs.
circhester centiskorchers.png

Po Town Pandas (4) vs. Circhester Centiskorchers (4)

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba
SS: Splash vs. King Choco
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr

viridian vivillons.png
vs.
mossdeep murkrows.png

Viridian Vivillons (3) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (5)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella
SS: Decem vs. Maki
Bo3: maroon vs. Star
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder
LC: Toadow vs. Yami
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra

tsundere tsareenas.png
vs.
milk bagged miltanks.png

Tsundere Tsareenas (4) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (4)

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli
SS: Wanka vs. TJ
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap
STAB: power vs. Hys
LC: tko vs. Izaya
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp

weaboos wartortles.png
vs.
inebriated incineroars.png

Weaboo Wartortles (2) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (6)

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux
Threat: taide vs. Jordy
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf
STAB: RAP Yogurt vs. Plas
LC: Crashy vs. Confide
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale

Monothreat is Fairy!

/chall [user], gen8almostanyability @@@ sametypeclause, -Psychic Surge, -Triage, -Damp Rock, -Terrain Extender, +Buzzwole, -Smooth Rock, -Blaziken, -Genesect
/challenge [user], gen8stabmons@@@sametypeclause, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Arena Trap, +Thundurus-base, -Damp Rock, -Smooth Rock, +Mamoswine, -Terrain Extender, -Magearna, -Blaziken, -Glacial Lance
/chall [user], gen8lc @@@ sametypeclause, +vulpix-alola

The deadline for Week 3 is: Sunday, December 20th @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5)!

Message me immediately if I made an oopsy anywhere pls and ty!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Landorus-I has been banned from Mono STABmons here. As no matches have taken place and the week was only posted just over an hour ago, it will be be in effect immediately. Please do not use it for the duration of the tour!

Edit: The STAB c/p on the OP has been adjusted to reflect this.

Week 3 is here! Time to update these %s...

Week 2: 41.67% (10/24) (I don't include my own team) Tough. I suck
In total average = 52.08% Hopefully I'll raise it up.

Po Town Pandas (6) vs. Circhester Centiskorchers (2)

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba - Evigaro had a tough matchup against the Celebi Psychic in Week 1 with their Electric team. On top of the hax Evi received, the game was not salvageable afterwards. Shiba had a close game but Shiba played to his wincon perfectly. A hard toss-up since both teams have good prep, but I expect Shiba to take this in a close one if under pressure or getting haxed.
SS: Splash vs. King Choco - Both are 1-1 on the sheet with both facing easy opponents in Week 1 but had a tougher match the next week. This is hard to say, but if Choco is not prepping I do not think Choco will be able to take this game. It seems Splash has the better prep and almost wins unless his opponent has a crackhead set or does a crackhead play (Zugu).
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy - Ohoho. Highlight match for me. Trich has taken up SS fairly recently, but it seems Trich is picking up the tier well by building and adapting to the SS meta. On the same coin, Floss is known for being a strong SS player especially with his innovation. However, I think Floss will win this week if Trich misplays like he did in his game last week. Aside from his Week 1 loss, Floss' battle was fairly consistent with Conflux. Who knows tho, Trich could have an insane high and win.
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho - If Basa got surprised by a set like he/she did last week, Basa will sure have a harder time with Kev's sets. Kev has been playing well with the funky cool sets to beat out the other opponents. I think Kev has a grip on this Monothreat game unless he gets haxed.
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure - Fissure had a fire team with his Unburden Kommo to 5-0 The Number Man. Catalystic known for his AAA lost 2-0 in an agreed Bo3 with aesf in Week 2. I think Fissure could easily take this if Fissure finds a way to exploit Catalystic's team with a cheeky cool set. Also Cata's building seems a bit too standard, but I could be wrong (probably am).
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract - Just like Kev, I think Sae has a chokehold on the rest of the STABmons players. Sae will probably if QT misplays like he/she did last week. I don't think Sae will drop a game with his superb building and playing, but who knows I've been surprised.
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec - I haven't seen Xiri play, but I believe Nailec can bring it back after a frustrating loss to Mono Grass with his/her Mono Poison team.
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr - Attribute is ATTRIGOAT after his dazzling performance in Week 2 against Jordyn's flying team with his grass team. Lilburr in Week 1 played good, but I think Lilburr needs solid support from his team to even push for a win. Attribute's prep may be better than whoever is prepping Lilburr's team.

Viridian Vivillons (6) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (2)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella - 2-0 Gorex to me is surprising. I'm sorry I doubted you! Currently Sabella is 0-2, and he is not doing well after playing a matchup that seems to win most of the time. I'm quite worried that the Murkrows do not have strong builders. If Gorex's team does the prep correctly again. I do think Gorex will beat Sabella off of prep unless the Murkrows get some needed help.
SS: Decem vs. Maki - Decem is coming off a strong 2-0 while Maki is suffering with the reverse. As said before, their building and SS seems to be off, but I believe this will be a close match between the two. With that said, I still think Decem will take this with his small winstreak. The Vivillions seemingly have solid prep.
Bo3: maroon vs. Star - Maroon seems to be on a high. After almost closely misplaying in Week 2, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexmonotype-1240077409 Maroon will need to prove that Week 2 game was not a badly game played between the two. Star is also on the board with a 2-0! Star is playing great capitalizing on the opponent and pressuring them well. I think this Bo3 will go close, but I do think maroon will win this through his prep. Maroon also wants to prove a point in this tour that he is a good player (Can't wait for Week 6).
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon - Toxanex beautifully caught his opponent off-guard with a superb Alolan Ninetales that him/her, Kev, and K3pper made. Apparently it's rumoured Tony made his/her team an hour before but still pulled off a W against Vodoom who supposedly prepped a lot that week to get a win. Toxanex is a superb builder, and I think he/she should be able to win this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tony won through his/her calming battling.
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub - Both players suffered a loss from Week 2, but I do think Smub will lose this week. While TNM lost very quickly, Smub seems to struggle to find his/her footing in their battle. If both bring a winnable matchup, I can easily see TNM outplaying Smub and overwhelming him/her.
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder - Trash and Beta both played a solid game to secure their W for this week. However, I do give the slight edge to Trash. Trash seems to catch the opponent out and successfully read them. Also Trash does not give up his/her leads very easily, but Betathunder is another player who will try to find an opening. Very close match, and I look forward to their match. I do think Trash might have the higher high for him to win.
LC: Toadow vs. Leru - Leru expertly played through their match to secure the victory. On the same spectrum, Toadow played fantastic with a type disadvantage (Grass LC OP) to take a victory. I do think Leru is the better battler if Leru seems to find a hole in Toadow's battling. The game is going to be close, but I could be wrong and it could be a total slaughter.
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra - Natdex Council leader v. very good tour player. If Mateeus and maroon prep together, they could get something nasty and get an easy W. Though I just worry if Mateeus is able to pull off a win through the battle even if his team is great. Gondra will need solid support in this tier to catch another W, but I don't worry much about his battling for him to take this W.

Tsundere Tsareenas (8) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (0)

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli
SS: Wanka vs. TJ
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap
STAB: power vs. Hys
LC: tko vs. Izaya
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp

Weaboo Wartortles (3) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (5)

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7 - Week 2 for MR7 was not a delightful one to watch after he AJ's in Psychic Terrain on top of with a tough matchup for him to handle. Kaguya on the other hand is coming off of a W after skillfully dodging multiple Icicle Crashes. I do believe in MR7 will win this, but I may be cursing him. Both are good battlers, but MR7 might take this battle more seriously after not having won in the last 2 weeks.
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn - This is Feliburn's first game of MWP 3! I am excited to see what Feliburn will bring to the table from his/her team's prep against yedla. However, yedla should easily take this game. Currently in contention to get the Monotype ribbon, yedla's constant building and metagame knowledge will give him/her the edge.
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux - Both players are suffering from a win currently. I do think Conflux will finally bring a W in this tour. It does seem by watching their matches, Pudin's prepping is a bit lackluster as you can see from Game 3 against Isza https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1242624641. However, the two players will be fighting tooth and nail. This will be a close one!
Threat: taide vs. Jordy - It seems Jordy has gone down to their Threat spot. Seems the Incineroars are changing it up, but I do think Taide will take this with ease. The Wartortles have great prep from illama and misaka to help taide in the teambuilding. The Monothreat building section is a little weak from the Incineroars, but I can always be surprised!
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf - While heat may be Luckypiper's middle name is, Luckypiper actual middle name is Lucky "sack" Piper. Luckypiper needs to be more convincing in his wins. Is he just in this slot to sack a win for the Incineroars to feel some false hope? Aesf continues to impress with his/her building in AAA after being Catalystic.
STAB: vivalospride vs. Plas - Plas is another player who is 0-2, but the games are close enough to warrant a win for Plas. Vivalos finally got their 1st win in Week 2! While both are great battlers, it seems Viv might have the better preparation from the Wartortles teambuilders. Also Viv knows about the tier a bit more, so Plas might struggle if Viv catches him/her off-guard.
LC: Crashy vs. Confide - Crashy and Confide both 2-0. One will fall, and the other will have 0 losses. The key to this match is the preparation. Who will prep better for this match? Both teams seem to prep very well for this slot, but I think Confide might have the edge with his LC experience in the tier. While LC is different from LC Mono, Confide's knowledge on both tiers could potentially give Crashy a run for his money and stop him in his tracks.
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale - Surprising to see Zugu here against the powerhouse Feitan. Feitan has racked a strong win by outplaying Maskun (me) from their Week 2 performance. Also Zugu has outperformed their opponent with a wack set to catch Splash offguard. Weirdly enough, I think Zugu is capable of throwing Feitan off and letting a victory if he gets the correct preparation. Feitan will need to continue to show why he's ranked #1 on the Natdex Rankings and needs to be careful when battling Zugu.

Last edited:

Deleted User 325563

Banned deucer.
Week 3 is here! Time to update these %s...

Week 1: 37,5 (12/32*) I realised I put 36 games on Week II post, see I hate maths... And yeah for all the haters, I predicted a lot of 50/50s this week so if I didn't take that in count for the % it would be actually higher :))))))
Week 2: 40,62% (13/32) Tough. I suck
In total average = 39.06% Hopefully I'll raise it up.

Po Town Pandas (5) vs. Circhester Centiskorchers (3)

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba - Shiba winning last week + Evi coming from the bench makes me believe confidence will play a huge part here
SS: Splash vs. King Choco - Despite Choco losing last week, he's still a monster and I don't see Splash winning this
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy - Sorry for betting against you again Floss but let's be real... would you bet for yourself winning against Trich?
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho - The combination of having a superhero + being trained by Ticken in threat is scary asf. I'd give it to Thickfatman.
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure - Both are solid players, but Cata has a <3 on his alt. If you watched Interstellar you'll know what I mean
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract - Not sure about this one so just flipped a coin
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec - Ik Xiri is a solid player, idk how good he is at LC but I know Nailec is good so going with him
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr - After that Grass vs Flying game, I really can't bet against Attribute... so you shouldn't...

Viridian Vivillons (4) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (4)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella - Sabella is easily the better player here, so I won't take risks. I GOTTA INCREASE MY % FFS!
SS: Decem vs. Maki - Kpop lover vs Foxlover uhhhhhhhhh sounds like a horror Monotype movie genre to me. At least Kpop is about music ig.
Bo3: maroon vs. Star - Am I being wrong by betting against maroon again? They beat Trich and Chait last week... hmmmm well Star, don't let me down.
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon - Nex and Tony (Flygon) won their prev games, but I don't really see the merit on beating Vodoom anymore (sorry pal) so Imma bet for Nex.
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub - It's nothing personal but like I said before... I hate maths.
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder - In the end trash turned out to be fire, change your name please...
LC: Toadow vs. Leru - Leru made a great comeback last game, I just hope they don't play in Smogtours again
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra - YOU CAN USE STARAVIA IN NATDEX HELLO??? THAT'S BROKEN!!!

Tsundere Tsareenas (8) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (0)

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
SS: Wanka vs. TJ - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
STAB: power vs. Hys - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
LC: tko vs. Izaya - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp - I'm still a Tsareenas hoe. LET'S GO PLANT GIRLS!

Weaboo Wartortles (4) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (4)

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7 - After a great performance from KL against bushtush, I still need more proof that they can actually be relevant on this team. This might be your chance.
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn - Both are coming from the bench, so I'm going with the overall most exp player here.
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux - Come on Flux... you can't lose to memes, right?
Threat: taide vs. Jordy - After betting against Jordy a couple times, I think I got them this time. Weird because it's not NatDex...
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf - AAA might be Pipers metagame to shine. His weird builds might actually work better here than in regular SS.
STAB: vivalospride vs. Plas - Since I barely know anything about either, viv won last week and I've seen them around for years
LC: Crashy vs. Confide - Both won their games last week so this is going to be an interesting match to watch. I'll randomly backup Crashy here so I don't get clasified as a Wartortles hater.
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale - Damn man what a game... Along with Isza vs Chait this might be the hyped game for this week. Still I gotta backup my comrade and best NatDex player Feitan.

GL to all ! (the ones I bet for obv... fk the rest LOLOLO)

Last edited:
Week 1: 71.875% (23/32)
Week 2: 56.25% (18/32)

Bad 2nd week but let's hope the third will be better.
1607971125702.png

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba - I don't think EviGaro is better in Monotype than Shiba.
SS: Splash vs. King Choco - King's fall, Splash gets this.
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy - Tricho failed in NatDex, here he's back in his best tier but Floss is better in SS imo.
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho - I said Basa couldn't win last week but if he isn't playing like open book, he will win it. Fuck Basa.
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure - I think Catalystic never won when I predicted him to win, so, come on, it's time to change!
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract - Class player, Sae.
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec - If Nailec lost Poison Vs Grass, I would be stupid to make him the winner here, but he, being old gives me loss of memory so...
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr - Attribute for the win easily here.

Viridian Vivillons (5) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (3)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella - If I predict Gorex looser, he will win again, so... (#FírnenTheSnake).
SS: Decem vs. Maki - Cute game against cute kids. But only one will win this prepubescent baby game, go for it my babyCem!
Bo3: maroon vs. Star - Star is Class but iExca looks solid this mwp. Let's hoping he does it again!
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon - I'm still not impressed by TonyFlygon (sorry mate).
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub - Smub is really good i this meta and I think he can win it if my number man is floating (And I've to predict some random loses in my team to motivate them and provok too).
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder - #Trashed.
LC: Toadow vs. Leru - Toabook sounds like ToaGoat from his last game.
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra - Probably the hl in this Vs. Go for it Mateeus! Even if I think Gondra will win here (#Snake).

Tsundere Tsareenas (6) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (2)

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli - Class mono player against hasbeen oras mono player.
SS: Wanka vs. TJ - No doubt about the winner here, even ikioi and Maskun can guess it.
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya - Close bo3 but 2-1 for Kaiser.
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW - I don't know D2TheW, so...
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap - Can anyone beat this GoAAAt?
STAB: power vs. Hys - He got the power to win.
LC: tko vs. Izaya - tko sounds in French like "U are KO", but I dislike this nickname so Izaya for the win.
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp - Looser in predicts, looser here too.

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7 - Cr7 scored 4 penalty in a week, he's on fire so mr7 will be it too!
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn - If Yedla plays like in final circuit competition (idk the name and I don't really care), he's going to win it.
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux - This salow stoped to make predicts, such a shame. he's going to lose every games untill the end of the mwp.
Threat: taide vs. Jordy - Taide is better and idk Jordy.
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf - Time for the manga babes addict to win here!
STAB: vivalospride vs. Plas - I don't really know both players, so !pick.
LC: Crashy vs. Confide - Cool game to watch, the best between these teams.
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale - This game won't be played because both will be tourbanned before they play it. What a disgrace...

Deleted User 325563

Banned deucer.
Week 1: 71.875% (23/32)
Week 2: 56.25% (18/32)

Bad 2nd week but let's hope the third will be better.

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba - I don't think EviGaro is better in Monotype than Shiba.
SS: Splash vs. King Choco - King's fall, Splash gets this.
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy - Tricho failed in NatDex, here he's back in his best tier but Floss is better in SS imo.
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho - I said Basa couldn't win last week but if he isn't playing like open book, he will win it. Fuck Basa.
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure - I think Catalystic never won when I predicted him to win, so, come on, it's time to change!
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract - Class player, Sae.
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec - If Nailec lost Poison Vs Grass, I would be stupid to make him the winner here, but he, being old gives me loss of memory so...
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr - Attribute for the win easily here.

Viridian Vivillons (5) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (3)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella - If I predict Gorex looser, he will win again, so... (#FírnenTheSnake).
SS: Decem vs. Maki - Cute game against cute kids. But only one will win this prepubescent baby game, go for it my babyCem!
Bo3: maroon vs. Star - Star is Class but iExca looks solid this mwp. Let's hoping he does it again!
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon - I'm still not impressed by TonyFlygon (sorry mate).
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub - Smub is really good i this meta and I think he can win it if my number man is floating (And I've to predict some random loses in my team to motivate them and provok too).
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder - #Trashed.
LC: Toadow vs. Leru - Toabook sounds like ToaGoat from his last game.
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra - Probably the hl in this Vs. Go for it Mateeus! Even if I think Gondra will win here (#Snake).

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli - Class mono player against hasbeen oras mono player.
SS: Wanka vs. TJ - No doubt about the winner here, even ikioi and Maskun can guess it.
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya - Close bo3 but 2-1 for Kaiser.
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW - I don't know D2TheW, so...
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap - Can anyone beat this GoAAAt?
STAB: power vs. Hys - He got the power to win.
LC: tko vs. Izaya - tko sounds in French like "U are KO", but I dislike this nickname so Izaya for the win.
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp - Looser in predicts, looser here too.

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7 - Cr7 scored 4 penalty in a week, he's on fire so mr7 will be it too!
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn - If Yedla plays like in final circuit competition (idk the name and I don't really care), he's going to win it.
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux - This salow stoped to make predicts, such a shame. he's going to lose every games untill the end of the mwp.
Threat: taide vs. Jordy - Taide is better and idk Jordy.
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf - Time for the manga babes addict to win here!
STAB: vivalospride vs. Plas - I don't really know both players, so !pick.
LC: Crashy vs. Confide - Cool game to watch, the best between these teams.
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale - This game won't be played because both will be tourbanned before they play it. What a disgrace...
Imagine predicting Floss vs Trich after the game is already done... couldn't be me, I'm dissapointed... Also 0/1 predicts for me so far huhhhh what a disgrace

EDIT: Didn't see the meme LMAO nice one

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Same deal as before, I'll include predictions for my own team from an outside perspective and mostly focused on performance, regardless of us inevitably winning the week.

Po Town Pandas (4) vs. Circhester Centiskorchers (4)

SS: EviGaro vs. Shiba - EviGaro's coming off the bench this week after losing a tough matchup in Week 1 with Electric into Dieu's Celebi Psychic. On the other side Shiba's looking in strong form after grinding out a great win against kythr in Week 2. Both are mono tour veterans but Shiba's looking like he's already hit his stride this tour so I wouldn't be surprised to see him do increasingly well with each week.
SS: Splash vs. King Choco - Both players here are starting off 1-1 but they've reached these records in very different ways. Splash earned a convincing victory in a highly favorable matchup against adjustments and found his loss against a Zugu whose team had already lost the week. Choco started off strong with a commanding 2-0 against roxiee with two great matchups and was 2-0ed by Decem in two rough matchups. The biggest factor for this game looks like it's going to be matchup fishing since that's determined nearly every one of their games thus far. Matchup aside, Choco's willingness to branch off of standard builds gives him the edge here.
Bo3: Floss vs. Trichotomy - This match already happened, but let's look at it anyways. Floss is back in Bo3 this week after confirming that SS is better suited for him than NamDex. He looked flat-out dominant against Conflux in his Landorus-I lead 2-0 victory; going forward this is the type of play we should expect to see out of him. Trichotomy is shaping up to be the Centiskorchers's Swiss Army Man as he's in yet another new slot this week, after starting off with a win in SS and a loss in NatDex. He's looked solid thus far even after his loss in Week 2. Should be a good series but after his convincing 2-0 Floss could be hitting his groove.
Threat: Kev vs. basaninho - Not too much to look at for this one. basaninho looked fine in his first showing but in Week 2 he was caught completely off-guard by Agility A-Tails in Ice threat which swept his entire team. Kev's no doubt the favorite in threat this tour but his play thus far has not reflected that. Regardless I expect there to be a clear winner here unless basa's prep and play get a serious upgrade.
AAA: Catalystic vs. Fissure - Easily the matchup I'm looking forward to the most for these two teams. Catalystic lost some tough matchups in an agreed Bo3 last week whereas Fissure won in 8 turns with BD Unburden Kommo-o against an AAA Council member in his match. Still confused as to why people thought Fissure didn't play AAA but regardless of his free win Week 2 he's been looking good. Should be a close and good game but giving a slight edge to Fissure.
STAB: Sae vs. Quantum Tesseract - QT is basically Monotype's original OM main/veteran, but Sae's proficiency at Mono STAB probably can't be contested at this point. I don't think this will be close but it's Monotype so who knows what'll happen at preview.
LC: Xiri vs. Nailec - Recently traded Xiri is finally getting his start in Week 3 against Mono LC vet Nailec. I've never seen Xiri play Mono LC before so I don't fully know what to expect out of him, whereas Nailec has historically dominated in this slot. Even with a tough loss last week, Nailec should win handily.
NatDex: Attribute vs. Lilburr - Lilburr's in a similar situation to EviGaro with a tough matchup and loss Week 1 and coming off the bench for Week 2. There's not much too go off for him but hopefully he'll be getting good team support from Trich. Sadly with Trich out the slot this is looking to shape up as a fodder slot for the Centiskorchers for this week and possibly moving forward. Attribute's started off with a strong 2-0 which means he's currently staring down the opportunity of getting what I believe is his first positive team tournament record, so surely he's going to take it and run. Jokes aside, Attribute will win.

Viridian Vivillons (6) vs. Mossdeep Murkrows (2)

SS: gorex vs. Sabella - The battle of 2-0 and 0-2 that presumably nobody had expected, these two have had basically the exact opposite of luck in MWP III so far. gorex has looked good and brought some unexpected sets to their games that have had insanely favorable matchups. Sabella on the other hand has had to deal with two absolutely brutal matchups and hasn't been given any ground to get his ball rolling. Sabella is without a doubt the stronger player here and surely this match won't also be determined at preview, but knowing the luck of both players so far it most likely will be.
SS: Decem vs. Maki - Another 2-0 and 0-2 matchup, only this time Decem has looked well-worth his 35k price tag and totally in command of Bo3. Maki has been given a tough draw so far with matchups but his play has felt underwhelming. Don't think Decem's run is stopping anytime soon but this is Bo1 so Maki may just be able to matchup fish his way out of this.
Bo3: maroon vs. Star - 2-0 is squaring off against 2-0 in what I think will be the best series to watch for these teams this week. maroon's coming off a close win against Trichotomy in NatDex last week while Star is cleaning his hands from a close series with Chaitanya. maroon has looked good so far in NatDex but being slotted into SS may just be a key factor here. Star's win last week cements his place as a serious threat this tournament. Could go either way but Star has a Bo3 already under his belt.
Threat: ToxaNex vs. TonyFlygon - Surprisingly enough, this is the most interesting threat slot this week. ToxaNex went from looking so-so and lucking his way to a victory Week 1 straight into completely dismantling basaninho with an unexpected Agility A-Tails in Week 2. I was curious as to how the krows would treat their threat slot after their performance Week 1 but after TonyFlygon's clear win last week it seems they've ramped up their threat to some extent. This is the only threat match that I could truly see go either way but Nex has been playing threat for much longer. Slight edge to Nex but I'd love to see Tony and the krows pull out a W.
AAA: The Number Man vs. smub - Normally you'd see AAA Council member and think they'd be favored to win... and in this case you'd be correct. Even after getting completely washed last week, The Number Man should be highly favored to win and 0-2 smub has not looked great for the krows.
STAB: trash vs. Betathunder - Another great matchup this week. After his victory Week 2 it's easy to say trash is in form again this MWP. Betathunder's coming off a close win over Hys Week 2 and is looking like he could hit his stride in the coming weeks. Historically trash has performed extremely well in tour and he's certainly playing well enough to win this week.
LC: Toadow vs. Leru - Even at 1-1 Toadow is starting off on the right foot this tour by making up for his loss with a great win with Grass over Poison Week 2. Leru started off slow in Bo3 but seems to have found a foothold in Mono LC this time around so let's see if it sticks. Toadow's play has looked more solid overall so he gets the edge.
NatDex: Mateeus vs. Gondra - 17.5k benchwarmer and manager Mateeus is finally getting his first start of MWP III this week against 1-1 Gondra. Mateeus more than likely has the better team support for the slot with Decem and maroon in the back which good prove to be the deciding factor. Meanwhile Gondra and the krows core have been dealt two rough matchups so far and was able to pull out a win last week thanks in a large part to some crucial status effects. I haven't seen Mat play recently and after he benched himself for the first two weeks it's hard to say if he'll show up or not, small advantage to Gondra.

SS: Bushtush vs. dahli - Bush has started off 0-2 after a toxic Ghost mirror Week 1 and some unfortunate luck in Week 2, while dahli's 2-0 has come off the backs of two great matchups. Hard to say if Bush's losses will affect his play this week but dahli's probably very confident coming into this week judging from his prep and play up to this point.
SS: Wanka vs. TJ - Wanka's in form and looks like he's going to be one of the Tsareenas hard carries this year when they make a run for playoffs. TJ did have a substantial victory over Maki in his first match off the bench last week but he's taking on a totally different opponent in Wanka headed into Week 3. Experience rules all here.
Bo3: Isza vs. Chaitanya - Kaiser's looking to be the biggest roadblock to opposing teams this MWP as his preparation and teambuilding looks to be on point after two weeks. Chait's still looking for his first win and, even with the Gengar core backing him up, is going to be looking at a tough season if he can't pull out a win here. Probably the most important slot for both sides this week and will more than likely determine its outcome. Assuming there isn't a cash bet on the line, Kaiser's going to win.
Threat: K3ppr vs. D2TheW - K3ppr's starting off with a respectable 1-1 but his team quality looked to take a decline between weeks 1 and 2 with some questionable set choices. After starting 0-1 and being benched for Week 2 during what is probably one of his better Monothreat types in Ice, D2TheW is coming back in. K3ppr really needs to ramp up his preparation for this week if he wants to be a legitimate contender in this slot moving forward. As for D2, if he can't pull off a win this week the Miltanks move one step closer to foddering this slot which realistically is something they can't afford. This looks favorable for K3ppr has his play has been better and he has a win on the sheet already.
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Zap - This is probably the matchup that will be considered the closest in skill-level this week but in reality this is heavily slanted in favor of Lycan. Zap's no slouch at AAA but like I said in my last prediction for Lycan, it's Lycan. Dominating Monotype AAA is what he does and that isn't going to change. In order to win this week Zap's going to need to either get incredibly lucky or take a huge risk, the latter of which he historically avoids.
STAB: power vs. Hys - power's 1-1 record does not reflect the danger he presents to opposing teams as a Mono STAB powerhouse and Hys is coming into this week still looking for that first victory to prove his worth in this slot. This happens to be another must-win slot for the Miltanks this week but power's looking like he may be too much to handle.
LC: tko vs. Izaya - tko is surely looking roll over his next opponent after losing a crucial mirror match when the Tsareenas were on the brink of confirming at least a tie for the week. Izaya's coming off the bench after a loss Week 1 to Nailec and (beating the dead horse here) is also in a must-win slot for the Miltanks. Izaya definitely has the team support to pull off a win here but until he does so I have to go with tko.
NatDex: Maskun vs. Harpp - This is an interesting matchup for sure. Maskun went from possibly tossing away his win condition Turn 1 in Week 1 and inevitably winning to getting tossed around by Feitan in what should have been a favorable matchup Week 2. Harpp started off with what appeared to be a fairly straightforward victory Week 1 and immediately got caught by unfortunate bad luck when matched up against Gondra. If we use the principle that because Maskun beat Gondra and Gondra beat Harpp that means that Maskun > Harpp, then Mask would be a shoe-in to win here. Sadly reality isn't so kind for Mask in this instance and neither should Week 3's outcome. Strongly favor Harpp here.

Weaboo Wartortles (5) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (3)

SS: Kaguya Lys vs. MetaRiolu7 - Kaguya Lys comes into Week 2 with some great luck in his surprising win against Bushtush that ended up helping the Wartortles win the week over the Tsareenas. Kaguya Lys will most likely be feeling confident coming into this week and will be hungry for another win. MetaRiolu7 and the Incineroars as a whole have had a tough start to their MWP III, both starting off 0-2. MR7's two losses come from a rough mirror matchup Week 1 and a brutal 'misclick' Week 2 that completely lost him the match. For the sake of MR7's (and the Incineroar's) season, he absolutely must win here or realistically their tour is as good as done while Kaguya is clearly in the driver's seat coming into this match.
SS: yedla vs. Feliburn - The first match of MWP III for both players here, this'll be a clash between a fresh face in Monotype's circuit tours scene and a decorated Mono team tour veteran. Recency bias alone yedla has the clear advantage here, but don't count Feli out completely with Conflux, MR7, and zugu backing him up.
Bo3: Fylkir Pudin vs. Conflux - Much like MR7, both of these players have had a rough start to their tours so far. Fylkir Pudin has had paths to victory in both of his weeks so far and has come up short when push came to shove whether in play or in team preparation. Conflux has faced some tough matchups so far but much like Fylkir, his play and team preparation just don't look like they're cutting it. Both sides need a win here and this slot will probably be crucial for both teams moving forward. Based on Fylkir at least having winning positions in his games so far he gets the slightest of advantages but realistically this could go either way. It's going to all come down to how dedicated to this slot both teams are and if these two players can really put forth their actual best efforts.
Threat: taide vs. Jordy - taide's is easily the most surprising 2-0 in the tournament but even after his luck in Week 1, he's proved he's a legitimate threat after his match with K3ppr. Jordy on the other hand I believe is new to Monothreat and is replacing the Incineroars threat draft for the tour after Bouff started out 0-2. The Incineroars definitely have the support to dominate this slot with torkool as manager but until they start pulling some wins here I have to give it to the guy that's 2-0.
AAA: LuckyPiper vs. aesf - LuckyPiper has started off slow for the Wartortles but Week 3 could be just the opportunity he was looking for to get his mojo moving. Well, it could have been but sadly for Piper his opponent aesf is looking exceedingly solid after his Bo3 sweep over Catalystic last week. Maybe Piper has more to prove than he's been showing thus far but aesf has shown what he's got and it doens't disappoint.
STAB: vivalospride vs. Plas - vivalospride's brutal Week 1 against Sae obviously had no impact on him as he is coming off a convincing win that secured the Wartortles the Week 2 victory. Plas has yet to garner his own win at this point but has also faced some absolutely brutal and near unwinnable matchups thus far. vivalospride has definitely proven he can perform when needed and gets the edge because of it.
LC: Crashy vs. Confide - Tied for this week's must watch match between these two teams we've got the clash of the undefeateds in Crashy and Confide. Crashy thus far has played in two mirrors and flat out looked like the stronger player in both of his matches. His opponent Confide happens to hold half of the Incineroars wins... which is a massive weight to be carrying heading into Week 3. Confide himself can't be slept on after his great comeback win Week 1 and close win in a tough matchup Week 2. This game can definitely go either way and is probably the hardest to predict out of every game. I'm giving this one to Confide based solely off of his clutch comeback win Week 1.
NatDex: Feitan the steam vs. zugubu royale - The other must watch match for these teams this week. Feitan and zugu have played against each other for years so the chance one of them wins by surprising the other isn't that likely, but this is is zugu so who knows what crazy things he'll come up with to come out of this game with a W. Feitan's looking solid as always after his victory over Maskun and zugu is off of cancer alert (for now) after fully shutting Splash out of their match Week 2 when the Incineroars had already lost the week. Feitan's Week 2 win could be chalked up to poor play from his opponent more so than his own skill while zugu completely outshined Splash. This should turn out to be an awesome match to watch, edge zugu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)