Team Monotype Winter Premier IV - Manager Signups

wThcwwJ.png

Art by Moosical
Welcome everyone to the fourth iteration of MWP. This thread is for the people who would like to sign-up as a manager for this tournament.]

Tour format for this year will be:
SS
SS
SS
Oldgens Bo3 (SM/ORAS/BW)
Monothreat (SS or Natdex)*
Natdex

*(Note: Chosen managers will get to decide whether to continue with SS or Natdex Monothreat)

For those who would like to manage a team:
Please make a short post in the thread following the example in the hide tag below. If you think you will have any activity major activity concerns for the duration of the tour, please do not post a signup!

Additionally, please keep the name of your team in the format of an adjective/location followed by a pokemon name. There is leniency to the names as it is a more fun tour, but they will be accepted on a case by case basis.
Team Name:
Assman:
Why would I make a good manager?:

If you are a manager or assistant manager and you want to play for your team, please make a signup in player signups. Your team will have to buy you.

Manager signups will end Sunday, November 28th @ 11:59 PM GMT -5 (EST).

Team Name: r*cist regidragos
Assman: afakedugong
im incredibly talented and gamien might be the greatest monotype player of this generation

had to change the team name due to a certain users discrimination

maroon edit: not letting you use a name with racist in it….

Last edited by a moderator:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
It's been a hot minute but I am back and am excited to manage again!

Team Name: Wayward Weaviles
Assman: maroon
Why would I make a good manager?: I've managed and won both MPL and MWP as a manager and won in the most recent Mono WC. Exca and I have been with the community longer than most others with plenty of experience in all the listed formats. I'll also make countless sheets for my team.
:psyglad:

Last edited:

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name : Seafolk City Spirits
Assman: mushamu
Mushamu and I would make a great pair and team for MWP due to our knowledge of Monotype combined and emphasis on team atmosphere. I just finished managing in NDPL where my team clinched first seed in the entire regular season and we remained undefeated bar the last week bc of hax (sobbing). I drafted a competent team and was able to support and provide my players with what they needed throughout the weeks, keeping a strong team spirit throughout everyone. I don’t really need to underline why Mushamu would be a great manager but he wants to try his hand at running a team again. He's knowledgeable in Monotype and more than enough to keep our team going, and can further assist me in creating a great team environment. We are more than able to make sure our players are prepared to play each week and make sure that everyone feels included in our team. We are both very excited for this tour and ready to win.

Last edited:

Fraolain

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: tbd
Assman: Dieu Amphibien

drapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressuredrapion acupressure
(unfunny thing to do, i know)
ok so my name is frol1 or fraolain on smogon (my real name is fabien) and you might not know me, which is normal: like batman or sasuke, i prefer staying in the shadows.

I do not have much managing skills apart from being an amazing manager. However, I think managing is not something that requires much skill (i'm sure my mom could manage a team)
also it should be noted that i pretty much invented monotype (did a mono steel run on pokemon yellow when i was like 4) and many people agree that i'm the greatest in the tier. i can also predict the future, just imagine how op it would be as a manager, being able to predict the defeat of your own team.

i also wrote a poem, to show my pokemon skill (sorry, it's in french, i don't speak the english very well)
quand tu entras sur la piste
ô baptiste
mon coeur, d'un coup, s'enflama dune telle ardeur
ô baptiste, prends le avec vigeur
je t'envie, tu possede une telle classe
ô baptiste, j'aimerais bien briser la glace
par amour pour toi je gravirerai les pyrénnés
(gilbert montagné)
ô baptiste, si je savais
je l'aurai fait, j'aurais osé
(olivier martinez)
ô baptiste.
ô baptiste tu es le plus beau et le meilleur.
(i promise it's very touching and sad and cool)
so that's all, hope i fill the criteria of a good manager.

i will now leave you with my personal achievement as a player and as a person

-used to make other kids trip in elementary school
-i have an ultra rare video game: shrek super slam on the gba (not even jokinng)
-made a cool attack helicopter tier list with a lot of reasoning behind each of my choices (pm me if you want it but it's in french)
-won a game vs yedla once
-i am good at pokemon please choose me as a manager

thanks for reading.

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Team Name: Po Town Pandas
Assman: Kaguya Lys
Why would I make a good manager?: I managed in MPL and last MWP where my team made it to semifinals. Both of us have been active in the community over the past few years so have a very good knowledge about the player base. Between the both of us, we also have a lot of experience and good understanding of all the tiers.

Shout-outs to MiniArchitect for the logo.

Team Name:
1637891960279.png

Assman: Feitan the steam
Managed MPL twice (didn't finish last this past MPL) and WCOP. Feitan is the best monotype player of all time and knows every tier and the playerbase extremely well. He also shadow managed the Gengars in their MPL 5 win.

Last edited:
Team Name: Nixtorm Ninetales
Co-manager: ToxaNex
Why would we make good managers?: Managing is something I like to do a lot in this community, and for results, I captained teams to two BLT wins and a MPL one, the latter being the most recent. The teams I've gotten part as manager all reached at least the playoffs. Alongside me is Toxanex, a Monothreat staple and someone that, despite not having managed any team in a Smogon-based tournament, has gotten his teams to playoffs in every single Discord team tour he managed at. He has played in Smogon-based tours and all Monotype ones, and also helped on the Vivillons' MWP draft a bit last year. Both of us know the Monotype community and are very motivated to get a team.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Team Name: Mauville Memers
Co-Manager: TBD (Applications accepted)
Why would I make a good manager? I made this tour. Also, I’ll make sure I pair up with somebody who is a bit more free at the beginning of the months since I’m busier then. Ask anybody who has played for me, I’ll always make sure games are played and that my players enjoy the experience. Haven’t managed in awhile but I’m looking to give it a go again. No memes except for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)