Team Monotype Winter Premier Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With the season over for us, I thought I'd write some shoutouts to the people that helped make it such a fun experience. I have a habit of overwriting so it's really long and people will probably think I'm super cringey.

Despite all the haxy moments, the whole team never got discouraged and always stayed positive. I really enjoyed the environment, was nice to see everyone help each other out and talk about things outside of Pokemon. The best team environment I've seen so far and I'm really happy to have been with you guys!
Sorry for not doing too well and being kinda inactive when I was on vacation. I really didn't get to perform like I wished, even though I really wanted to prove others wrong. Some losses came down to luck, others just my fault so can't really complain.

Team:
Zarif Thanks for drafting me and sorry for not delivering the best performance possible. You were a great and nice manager and this experience really changed my opinion of you. I know I don't have the most amazing reputation so I appreciate you taking the risk. Anyways, thanks for a great environment all season!
Zukushiku I did not think it would be possible to find someone who is not only an amazing player, but an incredible person in general. Despite all the horrible luck you had this season, you never lost your cool once. I get really tilted after a loss and hax, so that was something I learned from.
I also really learned a lot about playing just by watching you and prepping with you. My threat teams wouldn't be complete without you adding some perfectly calculated EV spread that covered everything. It's a shame you got lucked so much in the tour, but I know you won't let record get to you. Keep killing it in SPL, happy to see you make it outside of mono! I know you might not play much anymore, but I hope you'll keep coming back for these team tours!
Clearly It was nice teaming with you again, always a great chance to learn. Seeing what build you come up with is something I'd always look forward too and inspired me a lot. Can't believe you almost didn't sign up to the tour, would of been a real shame. Overall, you are a great player and I hope you keep participating in these, would be great to watch you play as a teammate, opponent or just a spectator.
terrors Another former teammate that I'm happy to team with again. You had some rough moments but don't let those or people's comments get to. I'm sure you'll just keep getting better and better in the future, just focus on yourself and you'll excel.
Tyke One of the most hardworking, dedicated players I've seen. You made sure to help as much as you can in literally every format that you could and always kept us all on our feet. I think people really underestimated you, so I'm happy to see you prove them wrong! Great work all season, hope your passion remains in the future!
Racool I didn't know you much prior to the season, but I'm glad I got to know you! A really nice person and easy to talk to, not to forget a great player! Like Tyke you really got involved in the team prep for the OMs which I appreciate. I hope you'll participate more in Monotype after this!
Jyph Another nice and funny person I got to know because of the tour. Happy I got to team with you and see what kind of person you where! Even though you started in LC, always came in clutch when subbed into SM. Hope you'll be active during MPL so I can see you dominate in BW!
Seager Loved your passion for the game, and it was interesting to see your building. I'm really happy for what you are doing irl, hope everything goes well for you, can't wait for you to succeed! Totally get the whole lack of motivation/interest with the game thing too.
Anttya Don't feel too down about your games and activity during your vacation, it's just a game. Thanks for being a great presence in the team and hopefully you'll still return to play old gens in MPL despite this rough season.
Azelea It's a shame you had to leave the team for irl issues, but glad to see you active again! Always a nice and supportive presence in the discord!
Shiba You joined us a bit later, but always had great team spirit! Another great hard worker who bounced back from a rough start in a tier he didn't play much.

Monothreat:
Ticken I still don't know why you decided to talk to me that one day, but I'm sure glad you did. A great friend and an even better helper. Every week you pushed me to work hard and have the best team possible. You made sure I built my own teams as much as possible and constantly tested them out to get rid of every little problem. Thanks for helping me every week, other than that one you betrayed me for Misaka, I hope I didn't disappoint you by having a not so stellar record.
Misaka Mikoto You are the reason I even play threat and I do thank you for introducing it to me in MPL. Even though we were opponents instead of teammates this time around, it was nice that we got to help each other out a lot. I get messed up by losses pretty badly and you always made sure I don't let that get to me too much and work even harder for the next week.
Moosical I hate you for flinching me In a more serious note, thanks for all the test battles, I learned a lot from them! Good job with the record, proving once again that you are a mono threat
Vodoom It's a shame you didn't get drafted, I definitely think you deserved a spot. Thanks for putting up with my 200 test battles when I'd be refining my teams.
Waszap Realized I forgot you LOL, thanks for the few tests we did. You did great in SM even though you wanted to do AAA, but next time when we test and prep, listen to me oml. Wouldn't of lost to Wincon if you listened when I said prep for fat psy smh

Others:
Sae Eien great presences in our discord that helped in making it so fun and active.
Omega-Xis for being a good host that gave us a fun and fair season.

Good luck to all the teams that made playoffs, you all deserved it and I'm looking forward to seeing some great games!

Personally rooting for Torkool or Ridley's team, but any winner will be a deserving winner at this point.

Thanks everyone for a fun and mostly drama-free season!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)