Team Monotype World Cup - Semifinals

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

art by Ticken
Semifinals
Rules
Replays
Monotype OM Mega Thread
Records Spreadsheet
Monothreat Type for this week is Rock

1. United Kingdom (1) vs 4. US East (7)

USUM: p2 vs Wincon
USUM: Teddeh vs august
USUM: Poison Adhesive vs Star
ORAS: 1 True Lycan vs Wanka
BW: Freeroamer vs Sabella
AAA: Hamhamhamham vs MetaRiolu7
STABmons: Diophantine vs Betathunder
Monothreat: Triangles vs obii

2. Asia (3) vs 3. Canada (5)

USUM: Vodoom vs EviGaro
USUM: terrors vs Jytcampbell
USUM: Izaya vs Waszap
ORAS: Arifeen vs EricSaysHi
BW: trace vs KuraiTenshi26
AAA: The Immortal vs Jrdn
STABmons: Sylveon. vs Funbot28
Monothreat: dhaarma vs Kev

Deadline for Semifinals is Sunday April 28th at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The squad's out, so might as well do some predicts

1. United Kingdom vs 4. US East

USUM: p2 vs Wincon - my 20k wincon never disappoints
USUM: Teddeh vs Chaitanya - chait is lowkey the best usum player in this pool
USUM: Poison Adhesive vs Star - star's incredible, never failed me during mwp and will certainly not lose to poison adhesive
ORAS: 1 True Lycan vs Wanka - highlight match, wanka won first time around, but lycan is looking for his revenge...and I think he'll get it
BW: Freeroamer vs Sabella - as the all knowing iGotCookies said, Freeroamer is the best BW player in this tournament
AAA: Hamhamhamham vs MetaRiolu7 - MetaRiolu has been showing out this tour, I think he'll get the dub in this one
STABmons: Cam vs power - Cam's very cute and quite a skilled STAB player, he's getting this one
Monothreat: Triangles vs obii - Triangles has performed quite well this tour, but I always gotta favor the Sealeo
US BEAST winning it all, classic.

2. Asia vs 3. Canada

USUM: Vodoom vs EviGaro - this should be a close one, but my girl sindy has been on a tear this tour
USUM: terrors vs Jytcampbell - monotype ribbon winner terrors is obviously winning
USUM: Izaya vs Waszap - if zap actually makes it to his game, I think he should get the win
ORAS: Arifeen vs EricSaysHi - after seeing eric's game last week...yikes
BW: trace vs KuraiTenshi26 - not super sure on this one, but I think I have to favor the pursuit skarm user
AAA: The Immortal vs Jrdn - Jrdn is a super creative builder and a solid player, expecting him to win
STABmons: Sylveon. vs Funbot28 - highlight OM match, but I can't root against a Sealeo
Monothreat: Endal vs Kev - really hoping Endal wins this game so KevinELF doesn't think he's actually good at threat, but I think I unfortunately have to favor the ELF in this one based on experience alone
Harpp really wanted to keep his undefeated record so bad that he's gonna let his team lose in the first round of playoffs :sob:

Any who, this was a super fun tour with my favorite selection of tiers that we have had yet in a mono team tour. Unfortunate though that the motivation for some players was just not there. Best of luck to the remaining teams!

new central.png
I also compiled each team's W/L by tier here if anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited:
I really wanted to end with a win but really can't help getting a bad matchup in the third straight game this tour. Gg bro.

I know that our season isn't over yet, but with exams coming up it's pretty much over for me. I've never done shoutouts before, but having met so many cool people I don't think I can't not shout these guys out.
Harpp and dhaarma Tbh I was pretty skeptical about what our chances in the beginning. My only memories of the two of you were from 2017, where Harpp spammed the subforum and HNBL was aids 90% of the time. But man, you guys surprised me for sure. It's been incredible to see how much both of you have grown in the past year and a half. Harpp, you're a great guy. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as enthusiastic and motivated to help everyone out as you are. I really enjoyed all our building sessions too. You've definitely carved out a spot for yourself as a top ten player of this generation. And dhaarma, you've become a much more reliable guy. Just have a little more confidence in your battling abilities. Go get that W this week bro.

terrors Finally got a chance to team up with the user that I've known for the longest on this site. Although you were busy most of the time and didn't show up to half your games, I'm glad that we finally got to play in a tour together. Idk how you got a ribbon in this tier but you got us a couple of crucial wins so you're probably still good.

Endal Is this it for the washed brothers? Man I wish I got to see you in action even more, but you graced us with the greatest team of this generation so I guess that's enough. Let's team up in Canada next year and knock out Asia.

Sylveon. One of the best OMs players I've ever met. Even though I don't enjoy Monotype OMs at all, it was a pleasure watching you prep alongside TI each week. Hope we get to team up in the future man.

Vodoom I think I lose a brain cell each time I speak to you. But for real, you've really grown as a player over the past year and I'm glad I got to see you in action. Last year being Dubai bros :(

trace GOAT. That win streak was insane to watch. You barely spoke in the cord though so I hope I get to know you better in the future.

Xiri You're a really good player. Don't beat yourself up about your record, that's how Monothreat is. Just wished you weren't wasted in the threat slot :(

Arifeen Another user who gave me a ton of hope at the beginning of the season. We barely spoke though so I hope we get to team up in the future. Also learn how to schedule smh.

The Immortal You're a much better player than people make you out to be. Seeing how motivated you were each week made me pretty motivated too. GL in the future bro.

Arushi Wish you got to play more. Your week 1 win definitely gave me high hopes for us.

Kev and Waszap My future managers ;w; Being able to talk to you guys made my comeback a lot smoother than I thought it would be. S/os waszape for helping me craft the masterpiece that I used in week 1.

Eien maroon Thanks for joining our cord bros. It hasn't even been a week yet but you've made a good impact for sure.

GotCookies Saved the worst for last. For real, you've been huge for us. I don't know if we'd have been able to make the playoffs without the enthusiasm and energy that you've brought with you, along with your help in prepping. Keep your head up and keep battling and I'm sure you'll get drafted in a team tour. Maybe.

GO ASIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)