MonsJustMons

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Approved by The Eevee General
Amazing Banner made by Arhops

Welcome to MonsJustMons, named based off of DougJustDoug, and it sounded nice.

What is MonsJustMons? The metagame is very simple. It is basically just mons. No Items, no abilities, no natures, no EVs, No IVs. Nothing. Just the mons, the stats, the moves, and a team. It's like the Gen 1 OU, without all of the bugs, and OP hyper beam.

How will my mon be viable without my lefties, or eviolite? It may not be. The only way to really recover is through moves. Leech seed will be a very common sight in this meta.

What about my megas? How will they work? They are used by items. If you get them through an item in battle, then you can't use them.. Simple as that.

What about Aegislash? His ability is crucial to him! Since this is a thing, and aegislash's normal form is shield, blade is unusable. What Aegislash comes out as, is what it is.

Where do I play this metagame? Currently playable as Leader's Choice! on main server here!

What moves will be great here? DEFINITELY set-up and support moves. With removing of abilities, (so no levitate, at all) you will see a lot of spikes and stealth rocks. While those will be common, so will moves that will support your mons/teams. Lots of Rapid Spinners and wish passers. Even then, you will see a lot of set-up sweepers. With no unaware, or Speed Boost, you can set-up on the right mon. Which will let you see more haze, and roar. This meta's main moves are simple, Kill first, and don't be killed.

What about Hidden Power? How does that work? Due to the nature of IVs, 0 in every IV = HP Fighting. So, no. Hidden Power is not supposed to work.

What's banned? What can I use? Good question!

Banned Pokemon
  • All Ubers, except the ones named below.
  • All Megas (No mega stones means no Megas)
  • Slaking
  • Regigigas
  • Archeops
  • Aegislash-blade (Only way to get aegislash blade is through stance change)

Unbanned Pokemon
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Blaziken
  • Aegislash-shield
  • Genesect
  • Greninja
  • Landorus

That's cool, yet what is a sample set you can lend me? Here ya go.

Venusaur (Venusaur)
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Heatran (Heatran)
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Now, discuss, my people. BE FREE

Last edited:
this is playable via custom if you replace the ability with illuminate(maybe you can even get rid of the ability that way doesn't rly matter) have no item or ev's and have serious nature.
Anyway archeops will finally be good. Maybe consider unbanning genesect(/Darkrai?).

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Anyway archeops will finally be good. Maybe consider unbanning genesect(/Darkrai?).
I mean, Darkrai and Genesect weren't banned for their abilities (per-se) so they shouldn't be. It'd be too easy for darkrai to dream eater sub dark vid spam in this. He's be almost invincible. For Genesect, it's a possibility to ban him... yet I wouldn't hold my breath he'd be fully unbanned.

Last edited:
I mean, Darkrai and Genesect weren;t banned for their abilities (per-se) so they shouldn't be. It'd be too easy for darkrai to dream eater sub dark vid spam in this. He's be almost invincible. For Genesect, it's a possibility to ban him... yet I wouldn't hold my breath he'd be fully unbanned.
Genesect was most definitely banned for its ability; without Download it's hardly good tbh.
Pokemon that really like their abilities won't be nearly as good; Dragonite, Azu, Espeon, Scolipede, Tyranitar, Greninja, etc. will be a ton worse.
Things that don't really need their abilities like Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Blissey, Skarmory, Keldeo, and Terrakion will be really powerful.

In terms of items, offense will obviously miss LO/Choice items, while defense will hate not having lefties/evio. Not sure which is more important, though.

Last edited:

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Genesect was most definitely banned for its ability; without Download it's hardly good tbh.
If this is the case, it could be fine to roam free through the meta. If it causes too much centralization in the meta, he'd be banned, yet he could be fine.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
if you want to beat stall, use fire types.
and everybody use azumarill

Looks awesome.
stuff with high stats are the best things. Since its just moves and stats, stuff like garchomp, kyurem, haxorus, maybe keldeo, etc. will be metagame dominating sights, and having a grass type will be a necessity to absorb leech speed spam. Also healing wish/lunar dance are good ways to help some members of teams get a way to recover HP. Also, Crocune.

Cool! What I like most is that there are NOT stupid speed EVing mindgames.
Also, pokemon which like their ability will not be good ( gg azu ).
Ice, especially Weavile ( no scarfers to revenge ), will like this meta, and Wea can run Ice Shard / Icicle Crash / Night Slash / Swords Dance, because Knock Off lost all the utility.
CM Entei could be cool, taking advantage of the weaker attacks non-LOed sweepers will throw and scaring out Leech Seed users.
I can see many good playstyles

Priority isnt as amazing in this meta since it won't get the techinician/cband/life orb boost. Because of this, i think dragon dance users will be amazing. Dragonite gets dd which lets it outspeed base 120s and has extreme speed too! Salamence is faster(outspeeds 150s) but has no priority.
Also, Jolteon, electrode and accelgor might get their time in the sun thanks to their high speed but no sp.atk ev might hold them back.

Shouldnt Aegislash be unbanned? I mean he is good and all but without Stance Change Aegislash is of no use except for Kings Sheild stalling opponents.

Also, Jolteon, electrode and accelgor might get their time in the sun thanks to their high speed but no sp.atk ev might hold them back.
There also aren't any HP or DEF and SPD EVs....

Regarding IVs, will they be auto set to 0 or just remain at 31. And what about Hidden Power?

Anyway, there was something similar to this a while back known as the Hardcore metagame, or something. I thought it was a really cool idea. I made a team, and even posted the thing in the thread but not a damn person wanted to play it. In fact, as far as I know, only 1 official battle of it ever took place!

There also aren't any HP or DEF and SPD EVs....

Regarding IVs, will they be auto set to 0 or just remain at 31. And what about Hidden Power?

Anyway, there was something similar to this a while back known as the Hardcore metagame, or something. I thought it was a really cool idea. I made a team, and even posted the thing in the thread but not a damn person wanted to play it. In fact, as far as I know, only 1 official battle of it ever took place!
@urdakonis I'll battle you if send me a custom game challenge within the next 15 minutes (my username is Emerald Master, you can find me in the cafe le wow chatroom), keep IVs at 31 and set the abilities to illuminate

Last edited:

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Yeah, you should defiantly un-ban Genesect in my opinion, it's speed tier is pretty bad since it cant run scarf sets or anything anymore, also its way weaker without download now. By the way you don't have to list Aegis-Blade as a banned, its illegal to use that form without transformation already.

Seems like a pretty cool metagame tho, expect some art pretty soon! c:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
With no more usefulness to Knock Off, I can definitely see Dark types becoming less common, as well as Ghost and Psychic types being more common. Also, Archeops looks like it will do good, don't ban it yet, its not as blatantly broken as Slaking or Regigigas but its still quite powerful. Also, we just essentially turned Acrobatics into a base 110 flying type attack.

canno

formerly The Reptile
With no more usefulness to Knock Off, I can definitely see Dark types becoming less common, as well as Ghost and Psychic types being more common. Also, Archeops looks like it will do good, don't ban it yet, its not as blatantly broken as Slaking or Regigigas but its still quite powerful. Also, we just essentially turned Acrobatics into a base 110 flying type attack.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Also, I feel that since we are not letting anything in, IVs should be to a minimum of 0. Most specifically the HP. It's just 32 points, yet it feels wrong, to me.

Also: With the loss of unburden, straptor is a much better mon to use, since hawlucha lost it's gimmick

Also, I feel that since we are not letting anything in, IVs should be to a minimum of 0. Most specifically the HP. It's just 32 points, yet it feels wrong, to me.

Also: With the loss of unburden, straptor is a much better mon to use, since hawlucha lost it's gimmick
And every regional bird but staraptor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)