Gen 6 MONSTER Medicham Offense PEAKED #23

Proof of peak
6339A19B-035A-445C-BA0C-F2B5FE2CCDE0.jpeg

INTRODUCTION
Hey, Im Valorye I’ve been obsessed with pokemon ever since I was a kid with my first pokemon game being the really old game named Pokemon Brick Bronze, yeah, the pokemon fangame. I’ve made a quite decent team that was originally for a lopunny team but turns out nice when the mega was changed to mega medicham and a few mons were adjusted into this team and overall i just really need ratings and people to give me helpful critics for this team I made.

now without further a do, queue the Monster offense team~

TEAM MEMBERS

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Medicham was always a viable and relevant mega in OU especially ORAS with its amazing ability Huge Power/Pure Power it breaks through everything and while most people run elemental punches on medicham of course usually thunder punch/ice punch for pesky slowbros and landoruses, Love adamant nature for this mon aswell. I run this moveset in particular. Why you ask? Let’s get straight to it. Fakeout is a god move for Godcham with its amazing boosted attack reaching more than 500 atk plus it can chip most pokemons nicely. Bullet punch is amazing when you’re in a pinch, example being that your opponent sacks a mon against your medicham and then pulls out fast pokemons that threaten your medicham that are chipped already. Bullet punch is a solution for that. (Includes a F you message aswell to weaviles) Zen headbutt of course being it’s powerful STAB move and can handle switch ins like clefable ,etc. HJK being the second STAB move and usually the most reliable in terms of damage.

4F35B578-4016-4ADA-8AA3-57E10BB63751.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Keldeo has been acknowledged as one of OU's most threatening Pokemon since its release, and it's easy to see why this is the case. In the current state of ORAS OU, Keldeo provides immense role compression as an offensive powerhouse that is capable of pressuring its own regular switch-ins via Scald burns and providing defensive utility in managing some metagame trends such as Darkspam (Bisharp, Weavile, Tyranitar, Crawdaunt, etc.) With a nice typing also being water fighting.
Keldeo is a nice teammate for medicham, providing massive SpAtk damage from its STABS and Specs and can also handle most bulky mons, the best teammate for this slot would have been Ash Greninja but of course, this is ORAS OU, not USUM Ou. So i have to cope, of course keldeo’s main purpose is to handle HP DEF mons (most but slowbro walls it) then with justified it helps handle dark type attacks that could threaten Medicham.

C95B9D74-DABD-4697-BDEB-49E9148F4B32.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Sorry to say but rotom is one of the best pivot bulks in OU not only with the great typing and base stats, but with it’s access to wisp no physical mon can touch it. Also a great member to the team as it can take burns and twaves, not only that but it’s ability levitate also grants it immunity against ground types making it way better than it could. Rotom-wash is also another answer to sand teams as Hydro pump can do significant damage and so can Will o wisp strategically halve tyranitar/excadrill’s attack making it powerless.

04BDDA55-8B2E-4BC0-AA21-6BB650CF174A.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Landorus Therian. Who doesn’t have a hate love relationship on this cancerous pokemon? With its moveset being so unpredictable at times and its amazing attack stat that can easily make a grown man cry. Landorus’ ability being intimidate is a prime counter against most Charizard X users as with these EVs are able to tank Zard X’s attacks then counterattack with an Earthquake. Also working as my team’s rocker, then knock off for lati twins or just for predicted switches in general. Stone edge is quite self explanatory if you ask me, for flying and bugs lol.

20D1D777-B052-4756-B669-8FDB3FAC7214.gif

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill in ORAS OU is relevant and will always stay that way, it resists Fairies which my medicham dies to most of the time then top them off woth a revenge kill using Iron Head. Adamant with scarf allows you to outspeed most if not all unboosted speed tier and then most megas. Rock slide for zard Y that can screw my team over if I dont get rocks up in time. Rapid spin for hazard control of course and earthquake as our main stab move!

00EE4382-EFDD-48A2-BA2F-17EF282492BD.gif

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 32 HP / 120 Atk / 100 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

One of OU’s most capable sweeper, and im using it for Utility Taunt is a lifesaver at times when you predict a skarmory switch in you can just switch to the flame and taunt, even if Skarmory switches its going to be either a bulky mon who resists flare blitz and usually has status moves or they switch to a sweeper that resists fire. Take heatran as an example if they switch back to heatran for the flash fire and I taunt that’d prevent a stealthrock from him then its just free game. Acrobatics is a must on Talonflame since its gen6 and not nerfed yet (screw you gamefreak!) allowing it to always move first as ts flying type moves have priority, then roost for longetivity, and wisp for potential physical attacker switches

!!!THREAT LIST!!!

Slowbro
Slowbro is almost unbeatable against this team as your only chance to beat it is just to hope slowbro was chipped already for Rotom’s Volt Switch to kill it

Serperior
Serperior is almost way too hard to beat. Talon can tank around 3 leaf storms but if it runs dragon pulse theres simply no hope since it outspeeds my entire team basically. Then glare also is a big pain

Thats all! Thanks for reading this post, I would appreciate it if you would reply this RMT with some critics!​

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi ! Your team seems really cool but I have some points to modify ( from my point of view ).
1- Why did you put 252 EV's in attack for Landorus ? It might be more useful to get 252 HP, 240 Def, 8 SpDef ( to tank hp ice from mega-manectric at full hp ), 8 Spe ( to outspeed azumarill with jolly nature).
2- I think you can add Thundurus to your threat list, you have litterally no switch-in and only exca to revenge kill ( and it survive to rock slide at full hp). Altaria-mega bulky sweeper ( with or without cotton guard ) can also be a big threat to your team.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the things you pointed out.
first off i added 252 attack on lando is for chipping since my team isnt spikestack so its main role is to force switch enemies and get in a knock off dealing as much damage as possible and also getting rid of passive recovery/leftovers. I really didnt need speed and anything since its main purpose was to chip.

Thundurus on paper looks like a major threat to the team but its relatively easy to take care of with excadrill, even better if they switch thundurus expecting an earthquake from either exca or lando then just predict and stone edge/rock slide.
once again praying cause if ash was able to be here instead of keldeo it’ll cover up alot of holes in the team. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind on seeing this, but I do have a couple comments to make regarding the team. You have a great understanding in recognizing the importance of volt/turn, in how you'd like to bring your wallbreakers (medi/keldeo) in frequently, in order to consistently gain momentum and secure critical KO's. The problem that I see, is that the team lacks special defense. You might have gotten away with avoiding opposing specs latios/keldeo in a variety of matchups, considering the way the metagame has shifted over the year, however it's important to still have ways of handling their presence. With that being said, exchanging Lando for AV Torn could offer some assistance with Keldeo as it consistently has to play 50/50 turns with rotom to an extent. Scald however is still always punishable by burns, but Torn can still threaten Keldeo. AV Torn also helps alleviate pressure against Serperior which has also grown in it's usage. Unfortunately Torn still doesn't handle specs Latios too well, but it can come in after a sack if rocks are up, securing knockoff or uturn as a viable option. Removing Landorus forces you into adding rocks on Excadrill, and while scarf Drill has it's advantages in a few matchups, having access to rocks, spin, Ironhead for clef, and the standard Eq power is nice for flexibility. With the rise of Scarf Rotom, you could also convert your Rotom into a Scarf variation with Voltswitch, Twave (allowing you to secure a para on Zard-X if it's not Outrage) Hydropump, and Trick.

Keep in mind that by swapping Lando for Torn helps against these offensive threats, you're still playing with an aggressive team that doesn't handle switching in too consistently. Slowbro will still be a bit annoying, especially if it's mega, but trick Rotom alleviates some pressure to it's base form, along with setup sweepers like Clef. If you want any additional coverage for Slowbro, you could also swap Keldeo out for Serperior, which will open your team up to Weavile, forcing you to run a more defensive Talonflame spread, and also potentially a heavily defensive invested Excadrill.

A whole different approach could be implementing Volcanion to the team, allowing you to remove both Keldeo and Talonflame, as Talon helps against the Volcarona matchup, and freeing a 6th slot up for a latios switchin like Clefable or perhaps a revenge killer like Latios. There's a variety of approaches that you can take with it, just make sure to increase some survivability.

https://pokepast.es/8f157fa7429e455b

-Also another note to add, the paste i sent is fairly similar to what you might see with other team variations of Mega Lopunny. Lopunny's speed tier helps to take advantage of this style of team more imo than Medicham but it doesn't offer the same amount of power. The other unfortunate part of this team is that Metagross and other physical attackers can still pressure you, but Volcanion can handle some hits. It's designed to help remove physical threats before they become a major problem. You can swap Weavile out for something more defensive, just keep in mind that you'll still want something to punish Latios.

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind on seeing this, but I do have a couple comments to make regarding the team. You have a great understanding in recognizing the importance of volt/turn, in how you'd like to bring your wallbreakers (medi/keldeo) in frequently, in order to consistently gain momentum and secure critical KO's. The problem that I see, is that the team lacks special defense. You might have gotten away with avoiding opposing specs latios/keldeo in a variety of matchups, considering the way the metagame has shifted over the year, however it's important to still have ways of handling their presence. With that being said, exchanging Lando for AV Torn could offer some assistance with Keldeo as it consistently has to play 50/50 turns with rotom to an extent. Scald however is still always punishable by burns, but Torn can still threaten Keldeo. AV Torn also helps alleviate pressure against Serperior which has also grown in it's usage. Unfortunately Torn still doesn't handle specs Latios too well, but it can come in after a sack if rocks are up, securing knockoff or uturn as a viable option. Removing Landorus forces you into adding rocks on Excadrill, and while scarf Drill has it's advantages in a few matchups, having access to rocks, spin, Ironhead for clef, and the standard Eq power is nice for flexibility. With the rise of Scarf Rotom, you could also convert your Rotom into a Scarf variation with Voltswitch, Twave (allowing you to secure a para on Zard-X if it's not Outrage) Hydropump, and Trick.

Keep in mind that by swapping Lando for Torn helps against these offensive threats, you're still playing with an aggressive team that doesn't handle switching in too consistently. Slowbro will still be a bit annoying, especially if it's mega, but trick Rotom alleviates some pressure to it's base form, along with setup sweepers like Clef. If you want any additional coverage for Slowbro, you could also swap Keldeo out for Serperior, which will open your team up to Weavile, forcing you to run a more defensive Talonflame spread, and also potentially a heavily defensive invested Excadrill.

A whole different approach could be implementing Volcanion to the team, allowing you to remove both Keldeo and Talonflame, as Talon helps against the Volcarona matchup, and freeing a 6th slot up for a latios switchin like Clefable or perhaps a revenge killer like Latios. There's a variety of approaches that you can take with it, just make sure to increase some survivability.

https://pokepast.es/8ac87b020b328178

-Also another note to add, the paste i sent is fairly similar to what you might see with other team variations of Mega Lopunny. Lopunny's speed tier helps to take advantage of this style of team more imo than Medicham but it doesn't offer the same amount of power. The other unfortunate part of this team is that Metagross and other physical attackers can still pressure you, but Volcanion can handle some hits. It's designed to help remove physical threats before they become a major problem. You can swap Weavile out for something more defensive, just keep in mind that you'll still want something to punish Latios.
Really nice suggestion you posted there, Torn T w AV looks really nice to the team and I might consider putting it as an official member of the team, will need to consider testing first before I criticize back. Torn AV does indeed take care of that god forsaken snake whilst also being able to handle normal slowbro’s longetivity by knocking off it’s leftovers. Clef wouldnt be a problem for the team tbh I could always hit zen on switch in via Medicham or Iron head from Excadrill, Thank you very much for the suggestion I have no idea why I haven’t thought of torn.

Really nice suggestion you posted there, Torn T w AV looks really nice to the team and I might consider putting it as an official member of the team, will need to consider testing first before I criticize back. Torn AV does indeed take care of that god forsaken snake whilst also being able to handle normal slowbro’s longetivity by knocking off it’s leftovers. Clef wouldnt be a problem for the team tbh I could always hit zen on switch in via Medicham or Iron head from Excadrill, Thank you very much for the suggestion I have no idea why I haven’t thought of torn.
Also I edited the pokepaste since I apparently copied an older team that tested other things out. I had to make a few edits but it should be good now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)